Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,585 members, 7,801,675 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 07:56 PM

Bio Of Kingsley I. Obiora (New CBN Deputy Governor) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bio Of Kingsley I. Obiora (New CBN Deputy Governor) (44065 Views)

Pictures Of Kingsley Moghalu Supporters In Northern Nigeria / Buhari’s Nomination Of Kingsley Obiora, Emefiele’s ‘Kinsman’ As Deputy Governor / FG Orders Removal Of Kingsley Moghalu's Presidential Campaign Posters In Abuja (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bio Of Kingsley I. Obiora (New CBN Deputy Governor) by OEPHIUS(m): 12:59pm On Jan 17, 2020
The President has sent the name of a young and consummate Nigerian, Dr Kingsley I Obiora to the Nigerian Senate for approval to replace Dr Nnana as Deputy Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria

Here is a Brief Biography of the New CBN Deputy Governor

OVERVIEW

Dr. Kingsley Obiora is an Alternate Executive Director in the International Monetary Fund (IMF) in Washington DC, USA. In this capacity, he is a member of the 24-Seat Executive Board, collectively responsible for conducting the daily operations of the IMF. He also assists to represent the interests of 23 African Countries, including Nigeria, at the Board. He joined the IMF through the globally-competitive “Economist Program” in 2007 and has worked on various countries in Europe, Africa, and Asia. He has done extensive work on exchange rate assessment, debt sustainability analysis, decoupling and spillovers, real sector analysis, as well as several reviews of financial sector assessments. Prior to joining the IMF, he worked at the West African Monetary Institute in Accra, Ghana and the Centre for Econometric and Allied Research, University of Ibadan.

Between October 2011 and May 2014, Dr. Obiorah simultaneously served as Technical Adviser to the Nigeria’s National Economic Management Team as well as Special Assistant to the President Jonathan’s Chief Economic Adviser. During this time, he played key roles in helping shape the country’s economic policies on several fronts, including on energy subsidies, power sector reform, measurement of job creation, architecture of development financing, diversification of the economy, oil price benchmarking in the budgetary process, regulatory framework for doing business, Port reform, and asset-based economic mapping and modeling.

Dr. Obiora contributed to the preparation of several Presidential Speeches, economic updates, reviews, talking points, and analytical notes for Presidential Retreats. He also led different teams to author several books, chronicling numerous reforms in the Nigerian Economy. In view of these accomplishments, he received a personal Letter of Commendation from President Jonathan in May 2014.

From June 2014 until July 2018, Dr. Obiorah served as Special Adviser on Economic Matters to the Governor of the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). In this capacity, he contributed significantly to the overall analytical and policy work of the CBN and led the team of several Technical Aides attached to the Governors Office. His extensive international and domestic economic experiences were critical in helping the Bank understand the ramifications of, and deal with spillovers from, the external shocks emanating from the significant drop in global oil prices. He led the team that built the macroeconomic model underlying President Buhari’s Economic Recovery and Growth Plan (ERGP). Dr. Obiora has a first degree from the University of Benin and post-graduate degrees in Economics from the University of Ibadan.

Qualifications

• B.Sc (Ed) Economics and Statistics Benin 1999.
• M.Sc Economics (Distinction) Ibadan 2002.
• PhD Economics Ibadan 2007. Certifications
• Management of Central Banks—Federal Reserve Bank of New York 2016
• Financial Development, Regulation, and Growt —IMF Institute, Washington DC 2007
• Financial Programming and Policies—IMF Institute, Washington DC 2007
• Econometric Modeling and Forecasting—IMF Institute, Washington DC 2008
• Ph.D Course in Econometrics (Full Semester)—George Washington University, Washington DC, 2009
• Foundations of Macro-Financial Surveillance—IMF Institute, Washington DC 2009
• Empirical Modeling of Macroeconomic Time Series—IMF Institute, Washington DC 2009
• The Design of Growth Policy—IMF Institute, Washington DC 2010
• Panel Data Analysis—IMF Institute, Washington DC 2011
• Fiscal Policy and Macroeconomics—IMF Institute, Washington DC 2011

Experience

• Junior Research Fellow—Centre for Econometric and Allied Research (CEAR), University of Ibadan (2003-2006).
• Economist— West African Monetary Institute, Accra GHANA (2006– 2007)
• Economist—International Monetary Fund (IMF), Washington DC, USA. (2007–2016)
• Technical Adviser, National Economic Management Team, Abuja, Nigeria (2011-2014)
• Special Assistant, Chief Economic Adviser’s Office, Abuja, Nigeria (2011-2014)
• Special Adviser on Economic Matters to the CBN Governor, Abuja, Nigeria. (2014-2018)
• Alternate Executive Director, International Monetary Fund (IMF), Washington DC, USA (2018-2020).

https://leaders.ng/brief-bio-of-dr-kingsley-i-obiora-new-deputy-cbn-governor/

27 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bio Of Kingsley I. Obiora (New CBN Deputy Governor) by tolumizzy(m): 1:02pm On Jan 17, 2020
cool
Oya make I Tesumole......
First time in my history making FP

I like the man
Cost na rubber stamp level for our holiness bubu

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bio Of Kingsley I. Obiora (New CBN Deputy Governor) by temidayo4wise: 1:03pm On Jan 17, 2020
Good one

1 Like

Re: Bio Of Kingsley I. Obiora (New CBN Deputy Governor) by Dpharisee: 1:03pm On Jan 17, 2020
I said here that Buhari feels he is through with the South West and that's why he has made Osinbajo almost irrelevant in his administration, removing Yorubas from key financial institutions and replacing them with his own tribal personalities, the next step is to start courting the SE gradually with appointments and new projects followed by the South South.

Seeing the South East supporting Operation Amotekun is creating headache for the Fulani hierarchy, they didn't see it coming. The effect of this is that the two zones (SW/SE) could relax antagonizing each other for 2023 presidency.

Part of the reason behind Amotekun is announcement of Visa on arrival for every African and we all know the Africans that are rushing to Nigeria instead of Europe which is the migrant Fulanis from CAR, Gambia, Senegal, Mali, Niger where they are minorities.

Pushing SW, SS and SE towards Unity will be the biggest undoing of Buhari to the Fulani oligarchy and the dawn is already setting.

52 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Bio Of Kingsley I. Obiora (New CBN Deputy Governor) by carterguccy(m): 1:03pm On Jan 17, 2020

1 Like

Re: Bio Of Kingsley I. Obiora (New CBN Deputy Governor) by adedayourt(m): 1:03pm On Jan 17, 2020
he looks young n agile

3 Likes

Re: Bio Of Kingsley I. Obiora (New CBN Deputy Governor) by Jakpon: 1:03pm On Jan 17, 2020
In a sane society, his likes would be the president of the country not the cattle rearer we have in aso rock

89 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Bio Of Kingsley I. Obiora (New CBN Deputy Governor) by IneedSugarMumy1(m): 1:03pm On Jan 17, 2020
Congratulations sir
We need more of your type in government

Not these old sets of people we've now

9 Likes

Re: Bio Of Kingsley I. Obiora (New CBN Deputy Governor) by helinues: 1:04pm On Jan 17, 2020
CBN governor - SS
Deputy CBN governor - SE

Yet nobody is shouting marginalization

35 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Bio Of Kingsley I. Obiora (New CBN Deputy Governor) by Miracle4Sure: 1:04pm On Jan 17, 2020
Great
Re: Bio Of Kingsley I. Obiora (New CBN Deputy Governor) by Edoziesmart(m): 1:04pm On Jan 17, 2020
Nice one
Re: Bio Of Kingsley I. Obiora (New CBN Deputy Governor) by soloehis(m): 1:05pm On Jan 17, 2020
Kudus obiorah more grace
Re: Bio Of Kingsley I. Obiora (New CBN Deputy Governor) by itsme01: 1:05pm On Jan 17, 2020
The man spent good years of his life in Ibadan

1 Like

Re: Bio Of Kingsley I. Obiora (New CBN Deputy Governor) by kidap: 1:05pm On Jan 17, 2020
Bogus CV

2 Likes

Re: Bio Of Kingsley I. Obiora (New CBN Deputy Governor) by imohchard(m): 1:07pm On Jan 17, 2020
helinues:
CBN governor - SE
Deputy CBN governor - SE

Well, they couldn't find any better elsewhere

46 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bio Of Kingsley I. Obiora (New CBN Deputy Governor) by olatunyemi(m): 1:07pm On Jan 17, 2020
This is a very wonderful CV. I hope his experience will bring fortunes to our economy. Buhari did well on this talents hunt

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bio Of Kingsley I. Obiora (New CBN Deputy Governor) by Dreal1247: 1:07pm On Jan 17, 2020
When we begin to have the right set of people occupying strategic positions in this country, it shows that we are about the to move foreward.

5 Likes

Re: Bio Of Kingsley I. Obiora (New CBN Deputy Governor) by IpobAntidote: 1:07pm On Jan 17, 2020
helinues:
CBN governor - SE
Deputy CBN governor - SE

Don't mind them.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bio Of Kingsley I. Obiora (New CBN Deputy Governor) by Nobody: 1:07pm On Jan 17, 2020
Yes he has a solid CV. Often the issue of marginalization is raised. Buhari is a Fulani man and has spent most of his life surrounded by mostly fulani's.
As President you need people who you can trust around you to take charge of key areas of your government or it will be greatly frustrated. SO I see no way he will have appointed people he has no trust in into his govt. For a man who has been called a marginalization spearhead, His appointment's has been quite decent.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bio Of Kingsley I. Obiora (New CBN Deputy Governor) by HIGHESTPOPORI(m): 1:08pm On Jan 17, 2020
He already has a good Job with IMF in US,no wonder,I hope he does not regret resigning from his IMF job.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bio Of Kingsley I. Obiora (New CBN Deputy Governor) by Microwhy: 1:08pm On Jan 17, 2020
Jakpon:
In a sane society, his likes would be the president of the country not the cattle rearer we have in aso rock
Sharrap olodo !
In a sane society politicians are always the president and technocrats run the government.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bio Of Kingsley I. Obiora (New CBN Deputy Governor) by Microwhy: 1:09pm On Jan 17, 2020
HIGHESTPOPORI:
He already has a good Job with IMF in US,no wonder,I hope he does not regret resigning from his IMF job.

He might regret if he's corrupt.
Re: Bio Of Kingsley I. Obiora (New CBN Deputy Governor) by chewwie(m): 1:09pm On Jan 17, 2020
Obviously qualified

2 Likes

Re: Bio Of Kingsley I. Obiora (New CBN Deputy Governor) by BreconHills(m): 1:10pm On Jan 17, 2020
Jakpon:

Very few Presidents in the world are technocrats. Politics is a different beast.

8 Likes

Re: Bio Of Kingsley I. Obiora (New CBN Deputy Governor) by chewwie(m): 1:11pm On Jan 17, 2020
helinues:
CBN governor - SE Deputy CBN governor - SE
Emefiele isn't from the South East

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Adesina: Why Buhari Didn’t Deal With Fayose, Wike / Lagos APC Declares Sanwo-olu Winner Of Lagos APC Primaries / #EndSARS Protesters Block Lagos-ibadan Expressway

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.