Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,635 members, 7,801,833 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:17 AM

Am I Being Taken For A Ride? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Am I Being Taken For A Ride? (1118 Views)

Am I Bein Taken For Granted? / Am I Been Taken For A Fool / Does My Ex Want Me Back Or Am I Being Used? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Am I Being Taken For A Ride? by nosilla(f): 5:03pm On May 29, 2007
My partner is Nigerian and such a lovely guy, he keeps telling me that there are a lot of Nigerian men and women who are materialistic and given half the chance will take a lend of people.

It kinda scares me when he says this, I dont think he is just after my money, but how would I know ?

Im not normally naive but maybe you guys could enlighten me here??

nosillA xx
Re: Am I Being Taken For A Ride? by ikamefa(f): 5:24pm On May 29, 2007
what are you saying? shocked

you don't trust him no more? shocked

are you saying you don't really know him any more?

if yes then why are you in a relationship with him? undecided
Re: Am I Being Taken For A Ride? by nosilla(f): 5:41pm On May 29, 2007
I do trust him yes.

Maybe I am just being very paronoid, he is 8 years younger than me and I am financially very well off, although he is in a good financial situation himself.

He has also been married twice.

Its only when he says that his people can not be trusted, that I wonder about him.

nosillA xx
Re: Am I Being Taken For A Ride? by ikamefa(f): 5:48pm On May 29, 2007
nosilla:

I do trust him yes.

Maybe I am just being very paronoid, he is 8 years younger than me and I am financially very well off, although he is in a good financial situation himself.

He has also been married twice.

Its only when he says that his people can not be trusted, that I wonder about him.

nosillA xx

he is prolly talking like that due to his past experiences, did you ever sit him down to ask him why he talks like that?
Re: Am I Being Taken For A Ride? by IBDat(m): 6:19pm On May 29, 2007
@Nosilla - From my personal experience people that talk like that are those that have been burn't in the past and can give personal accounts to back up their statements. Have you asked him why he would make such a statement about his own people and the reasons for the generalisation as he is also including himself in the pile.

As long as u say u are both comfortable financially and he's not asking u 4 money for this, that and their project, then i suppose there is nothing to be paranoid about, just don't go breaking his heart as he would also include the English in his chant!  grin
Re: Am I Being Taken For A Ride? by nosilla(f): 7:42pm On May 29, 2007
@IBDAT

Thanks for that, I think you may be right about his past experiences.

I suppose all in all time will tell!!

And I will never break his heart, I treat people the way I like to be treat.

nosillA xx
Re: Am I Being Taken For A Ride? by Kinkinatus(m): 3:49pm On Dec 20, 2009
So there's 8 years difference and he's been twice married before eh? I doubt he will be going anywhere away from you. As one poster said earlier, if he has been burnt before he is probably more careful now. As for saying about how Nigerian folks sometimes take advantage, I guess he has to keep reminding himself and possibly you, how lucky he is to have you and that he is not like other advantage takers. In any case, if you still feel paranoid, you can always tell him how much you appreciate him not being like the others, and still have yourself a back up plan, just in case,

(1) (Reply)

Desperate Housewives Or Grey's Anatomy? / Why Dnt Guys Go 4lady In Late 20's / Am I In Love? Plz Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.