Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,899 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:33 AM

Adewale Martins: Mbaka May Be Barred From Preaching By Catholic - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Adewale Martins: Mbaka May Be Barred From Preaching By Catholic (50399 Views)

Church Resumption: Guidelines By Catholic Archdiocese Of Lagos / Pastor Adewale Giwa On Jack Ma Test Kits: 'Nigeria Should Not Accept Them' / Pastor Adewale Giwa Warns Buhari, Osinbajo: "Vacate Presidency Now" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Adewale Martins: Mbaka May Be Barred From Preaching By Catholic by Christmasdon(m): 4:03pm On Jan 17, 2020
MBAKA HAVE A SPIRIT OF GOD IN HIM TRUE TRUE. HE SHOULD KEEP PRAYING FOR PEOPLE AND WIN SOULS FOR CHRIST INSTEAD .DO U YOU KNOW HOW MANY PEOPLE THAT HAVE CAUSED HIM AND HIS GOD WITH THAT THAT HAVE HAPPENED. GOD ONLY EATS LOUDEST GLORY THROUGH HIS SON CHRIST JESUS.

2 Likes

Re: Adewale Martins: Mbaka May Be Barred From Preaching By Catholic by berbs: 4:03pm On Jan 17, 2020
May, not will. angry

1 Like

Re: Adewale Martins: Mbaka May Be Barred From Preaching By Catholic by LZAA: 4:03pm On Jan 17, 2020
Everyone with a working brain knows mbaka is a charlatan
Only politicians take him serious
Smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adewale Martins: Mbaka May Be Barred From Preaching By Catholic by NORSYK(m): 4:03pm On Jan 17, 2020
Simplyleo:

So because Mbaka prophecies come to pass, the Archbishop wants to ban him from preaching? Did Mbaka make it so? No. He only saw it coming and made public what he saw, how is that his fault?

The Archbishop is simply a politician whose interest got rubbished, it wasn't done by Mbaka, so he can go chop shiit.

Re: Adewale Martins: Mbaka May Be Barred From Preaching By Catholic by bishop4life(m): 4:03pm On Jan 17, 2020
That's a lie.
Re: Adewale Martins: Mbaka May Be Barred From Preaching By Catholic by Nigerianization(m): 4:05pm On Jan 17, 2020
Simplyleo:

So because Mbaka prophecies come to pass, the Archbishop wants to ban him from preaching? Did Mbaka make it so? No. He only saw it coming and made public what he saw, how is that his fault?

The Archbishop is simply a politician whose interest got rubbished, it wasn't done by Mbaka, so he can go chop shiit.

You lack understanding
Mbaka's primary responsibility should be to edify the body of Christ. How does these political prophecies of his achieve that purpose??
In 2002, he prophesied that then Gov Chimaroke of Enugu state will not be reelected but it failed...
How do you juxtapose that.

He should focus on the work of the church and leave politics alone
Re: Adewale Martins: Mbaka May Be Barred From Preaching By Catholic by bilulu(m): 4:08pm On Jan 17, 2020
SoNature:
Very funny.

Any attempt to stop Father Mbaka will compel him to pitch tent with the not-so popular rite of the Catholic Church.

Consequently, the Roman Catholic Church would lose because he's the most influential priest in Nigeria today

That was exactly what happened to Father Edeh.

And nobody financially supports the Catholic Church in the East like Mbaka...nobody

Reading your statement I only laugh. The catholic church will lose because He's the most influential priest today, says who? It shows you don't know and understand the catholic church. If he goes it wont even affect Enugu archdiocese not to talk of Nigeria as a whole. Do you know how many priest has left? If he can't stay let him go let's see if the church will fall. You don't just know anything

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Adewale Martins: Mbaka May Be Barred From Preaching By Catholic by Nobody: 4:08pm On Jan 17, 2020
This Fr Mbaka issue is turning into something else......Other Catholic priest might want to venture into giving prophecies whether it's from God or not......I remember TB Joshua prophecy before the United States 2016 elections....After the opposite happened he came out to tell his critics they are not on the same spiritual level....
Re: Adewale Martins: Mbaka May Be Barred From Preaching By Catholic by SoNature(m): 4:08pm On Jan 17, 2020
Glorymax:

He must obey the church's authority or if he chooses to leave, which I believe he will toe that part, farewell to him

If you are from the east and have for once attended Mbaka's adoration, you will understand how powerful that man is.

Mbaka's adoration has significantly changed how the Catholics worship in the region and beyond. How the holy Mass is celebrated.

The Igbos are over 70% of Nigerian Catholics (Wikipedia, 2010). And if Mbaka leaves the church, he would pull a significant number out of the church.

Mbaka single-handedly supports churches and finances people's education in the east. Many people are still Catholics today because of that man.

Just like Bishop Adewale pointed out, controlling Mbaka must be a difficult task for Enugu diocese bishop because he has grabbed the Church at its balls.

Mind you, even Rome knows Fr. Mbaka.

And don't argue with me if you are not a Catholic.

3 Likes

Re: Adewale Martins: Mbaka May Be Barred From Preaching By Catholic by wealthyhenry(m): 4:09pm On Jan 17, 2020
Simplyleo:

Gullible Nigerians like you have been deceived and deluded.

2 Likes

Re: Adewale Martins: Mbaka May Be Barred From Preaching By Catholic by xjiggy: 4:09pm On Jan 17, 2020
They should leave Mbaka alone. He foresaw a prophecy and had the courage to make it public. How does that equal meandering in politics. The Catholic Church is the most politically involved body in the history of Christianity. The Archbishop should go study the history of his church. By the way, there's nothing wrong in What Mbaka is doing. Prophets of old where the ones sent by GOD to choose and advice Kings.

2 Likes

Re: Adewale Martins: Mbaka May Be Barred From Preaching By Catholic by Smallgod336: 4:09pm On Jan 17, 2020
angry
Re: Adewale Martins: Mbaka May Be Barred From Preaching By Catholic by NORSYK(m): 4:10pm On Jan 17, 2020
madapcmod:
[i][/i]

Nwa mkpi why did you jump this?

In 2002, he prophesied that the then Governor of Enugu State, Chimaroke Nnamani, would not return to office in the election but the governor won a second term.

Not only did he win his second term, he also went on to senatorial election in 2007

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adewale Martins: Mbaka May Be Barred From Preaching By Catholic by akpunda86: 4:11pm On Jan 17, 2020
Focusmind:
My Lord Bishop, I support your statement fully. Mbaka is seriously spoiling the image of the Church.

I wished that Cardinal Okogie was the Bishop of Enugu Diocese. He would have ex-communicated the man sharply.

I don't know why Catholic Bishops in the East are docile when compared to West and North. If you are a Catholic priest in those area, do any how, and see any how.

Talk of Adewale Martins, Okogie, Mathew Hassan Kukah, Onaiyekan and co.

The Bishops in the East are always soft with priests that are misbehaving

They are under his pay roll.Bishop onaga.besides bros church na business centre now.they dont care where your soul goes but mimds where ur money is.

IS BUSINESS.
Re: Adewale Martins: Mbaka May Be Barred From Preaching By Catholic by omlueh(m): 4:12pm On Jan 17, 2020
Like I said before in some of my earlier post, Rev. Father ejike mbaka together with pastor TB Joshua are both members of a strong secret cult, time will tell, like i also said I am a stunt Catholic, and priest of the church are not lose and lousy like this so called rev.fr mbaka ejike.
Re: Adewale Martins: Mbaka May Be Barred From Preaching By Catholic by pashiano: 4:16pm On Jan 17, 2020
SoNature:
Very funny.

Any attempt to stop Father Mbaka will compel him to pitch tent with the not-so popular rite of the Catholic Church.

Consequently, the Roman Catholic Church would lose because he's the most influential priest in Nigeria today

And nobody financially supports the Catholic Church in the East like Mbaka...nobody

your comment is very funny "And nobody financially supports the Catholic Church in the East like Mbaka"..every parish and archdiocese run their own shit, as a matter of fact , onitsha archdiocese is financially buoyant than all the other dioceses in the east combine. every parish build their own church nd develop each surrounding

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adewale Martins: Mbaka May Be Barred From Preaching By Catholic by Jimalicoco(m): 4:17pm On Jan 17, 2020
Pusyiter:
Just because you do not have the gift of prophecy does not mean you should be jealous and want to crucify the man.
I am not his advocate but my take is: if he prophesied and it did not come to pass, men will condemn him as being fake
Now, he prophesied and it came to pass, they are calling him political prophet
Wetin man go do wey person no go talk
If God revealed something to him, he should say it. I am tired of hearing popular prophesies and all men ranting a loud AMEN yet nothing happens
This man prophesied for and against Buhari yet we call him name
Abeg, make I come dey go bo....una tire person......

.what of former governor of Enugu state (chimaroke nnamani) he prophecy that he won't return to senate de second time( it failed) and chimaroke returned to senate de second time
Re: Adewale Martins: Mbaka May Be Barred From Preaching By Catholic by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:17pm On Jan 17, 2020
SoNature:
Very funny.

[b]And nobody financially supports the Catholic Church in the East like Mbaka...nobody[/b]

You said what!!!!!! what exactly are you smoking?.BTW What happened with Fr Edeh? Last time I checked he remained a priest of the catholic church
Re: Adewale Martins: Mbaka May Be Barred From Preaching By Catholic by janettee(f): 4:17pm On Jan 17, 2020
Hizzy:

Just like your body

You don't know me undecided.

Why are you pained because I said Mbaka is a fraud .

2 Likes

Re: Adewale Martins: Mbaka May Be Barred From Preaching By Catholic by naptu2: 4:18pm On Jan 17, 2020
This is an article by an American priest that explains the situation quite well (this article was written ahead of the 2016 US elections).

Priests have to tell people how to vote, not whom to vote for

Fr. Dwight Longenecker

Aug 11, 2016
CRUX CONTRIBUTOR

They say you should not discuss religion, sex or politics in polite company, so when a priest discusses sex or politics, two of the three explosive topics are on the table, and the third’s there implicitly.

It seems there are two places the faithful do not want their priest: the bedroom and the voting booth. Unfortunately, we cannot turn off our faith once we leave church. A priest’s duty is to advise his flock on every aspect of life-and that includes both sex and politics.

When it comes to politics, there are some clear guidelines. As a private citizen, a priest is entitled to speak his mind about candidates and say whom he might vote for, but he should be clear that he is merely voicing his own opinion.

In a priest’s official capacity, he should speak out against injustice, corruption, violence, greed and lust, and he should speak out against clear violations of human rights on particular issues.

Is is not only a priest’s right, but also his duty to speak out against Nazism, Communism, abusive Capitalism, Jihadism and every other ungodly ideology. Priests should also speak out against particular issues like war, capital punishment, abortion, slavery, unjust wages, and crimes against marriage.

If need be, a priest can speak out against a particular candidate when that candidate takes an open stance on these issues. He must be careful, however, not to speak against the person in particular, but against the candidate’s or their party’s positions.

Priests are called to be courageous witnesses in the public square, and church history is full of priests who have stood up to the powers of this world. Whether it’s Poland’s St. Stanislaus and Jerzy Popieluszko, England’s Thomas Becket, El Salvador’s Oscar Romero, Germany’s Bishop von Galen, they have spoken against the crimes of corrupt leaders and paid the price.

To put it simply, Catholic priests have a duty to tell people how to vote, but not whom to vote for. This sounds like a tightrope, but it is not a difficult one to walk. The rule is that a priest advises his people on issues and principles that inform their conscience as Catholics, and then encourages them to vote responsibly.

As Americans go to the polls in November, most are conscious of the two presidential candidates. Given their records, personal character and party platforms, it is difficult for faithful Catholics to be completely enthusiastic about either.

However, voters should remember that they are not only electing a president. A total of 469 seats in the U.S. Congress (34 Senate seats and all 435 House seats) are up for election. Also twelve states will elect governors, not to mention elections to state legislatures elections for mayor to major cities and a multitude of local elections.

The presidential candidates get the most attention, but great good can be accomplished through the election of reliable and virtuous congressmen/women and local and state officials.

To help American citizens, the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops has published Forming Consciouses for Faithful Citizenship a two part summary which can be used as handouts in parishes and are available on the USCCB website. Pastors and people should make use of these resources in order to choose wisely.

https://cruxnow.com/commentary/2016/08/priests-tell-people-vote-not-vote/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Adewale Martins: Mbaka May Be Barred From Preaching By Catholic by SoNature(m): 4:19pm On Jan 17, 2020
PaChukwudi44:

You said what!!!!!! what exactly are you smoking?

I dey smoke otu nne gi
Re: Adewale Martins: Mbaka May Be Barred From Preaching By Catholic by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:19pm On Jan 17, 2020
pashiano:
your comment is very funny "And nobody financially supports the Catholic Church in the East like Mbaka"..every parish and archdiocese run their own shit, as a matter of fact , onitsha archdiocese is financially buoyant than all the other dioceses in the east combine. every parish build their own church nd develop each surrounding

can you imagine the nonsense that guy was spewing.Onitsha archdiocese is even far richer than Mbaka's own diocese

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Adewale Martins: Mbaka May Be Barred From Preaching By Catholic by PaChukwudi44(m): 4:19pm On Jan 17, 2020
SoNature:

I dey smoke otu nne gi

Just as I suspected.You have nothing inside your skull

1 Like

Re: Adewale Martins: Mbaka May Be Barred From Preaching By Catholic by dapadawee: 4:20pm On Jan 17, 2020
thundafire:
It's either he stays quiet in church or leaves u don't mix God activities with things dat don't give him glory wen God gives a revelation say it and don't fraternize
who told you governance and political authority is not God's activity or business. you must be a pdp member to have said that
Re: Adewale Martins: Mbaka May Be Barred From Preaching By Catholic by SoNature(m): 4:24pm On Jan 17, 2020
PaChukwudi44:

Just as I suspected.You have nothing inside your skull

Yes, the experience has been worth the while tongue
Re: Adewale Martins: Mbaka May Be Barred From Preaching By Catholic by Savagethe21st(m): 4:24pm On Jan 17, 2020
I think he should be removed for meddling into politics with religion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yG9zndEpRw Hey I'm a 17 yr old producer doing it all on his own and I'll appreciate if y'all check my beats out and show some love and subscribe to my channel.I'm not trying to be annoying just wanna pursue my dreams
Re: Adewale Martins: Mbaka May Be Barred From Preaching By Catholic by omlueh(m): 4:24pm On Jan 17, 2020
Thank you my Brother, well said.
Focusmind:
My Lord Bishop, I support your statement fully. Mbaka is seriously spoiling the image of the Church.

I wished that Cardinal Okogie was the Bishop of Enugu Diocese. He would have ex-communicated the man sharply.

I don't know why Catholic Bishops in the East are docile when compared to West and North. If you are a Catholic priest in those area, do any how, and see any how.

Talk of Adewale Martins, Okogie, Mathew Hassan Kukah, Onaiyekan and co.

The Bishops in the East are always soft with priests that are misbehaving
Re: Adewale Martins: Mbaka May Be Barred From Preaching By Catholic by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jan 17, 2020
SoNature:
Very funny.

It is always about money in the East.

The Catholic Church in the East has been bastardised to the extent that an average Catholic from any other part of the world may be forgiven if they thought they had mistakenly stepped into a Pentecostal service during Mass in the East.

We see a lot of them trying to export their "ministry" shit to other parts of the country especially the west.

It is a big shame.

The Catholic Church of 2,000 years old is now competing with mushroom churches that I'm older than.

Shame!

A strict bishop would have both Edeh and Mbaka sent to Rome to become acolytes for the time being while they learn exactly what it means to be a Catholic priest.

Their 9 years in the Seminary has been a big waste.
Re: Adewale Martins: Mbaka May Be Barred From Preaching By Catholic by SoNature(m): 4:28pm On Jan 17, 2020
FrLukas:

It is always about money in the East.

The Catholic Church in the East has been bastardised to the extent that an average Catholic from any other part of the world may be forgiven if they thought they had mistakenly stepped into a Pentecostal service during Mass in the East.

We see a lot of them trying to export their "ministry" shit to other parts of the country especially the west.

It is a big shame.

The Catholic Church of 2,000 years old is now competing with mushroom churches that I'm older than.

Shame!

A strict bishop would have both Edeh and Mbaka sent to Rome to become acolytes for the time being while they learn exactly what it means to be a Catholic priest.

Their 9 years in the Seminary has been a big waste.

Go and do research about the Catholic Church rites. It will help you. Until then, you will never understand my position.

1 Like

Re: Adewale Martins: Mbaka May Be Barred From Preaching By Catholic by seunjungle1(m): 4:29pm On Jan 17, 2020
Have anyone look at it in this direction:

Who knows whether mbaka have been paid to make the prophesy to the ears of about 95% Christian indigenes that dominates that state so as to ease the tension whenever APC and court declare their force and fault judgement against Ihediora?.
Christians minds can easily manipulate by these so called politicians and those call themselves men of God..I don't trust any of them in the face of money.
The only someone(thing) that money can not by is God Himself who owns riches.
Re: Adewale Martins: Mbaka May Be Barred From Preaching By Catholic by Nobody: 4:30pm On Jan 17, 2020
SoNature:

Go and do research about the Catholic Church rites. It will help you. Until then, you will never understand my position.

What rites?
Re: Adewale Martins: Mbaka May Be Barred From Preaching By Catholic by omlueh(m): 4:30pm On Jan 17, 2020
The critics can never and ever be on the same level with tb Joshua and rev.fr ejike mbaka, because they are both Cultist, time will tell.
osydennyz:
This Fr Mbaka issue is turning into something else......Other Catholic priest might want to venture into giving prophecies whether it's from God or not......I remember TB Joshua prophecy before the United States 2016 elections....After the opposite happened he came out to tell his critics they are not on the same spiritual level....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Which Church Has The Highest Number Of Parishes In Nigeria? / 2015 Prophecies By Apostle Johnson Suleman / MURIC Orders The Arrest Of Apostle Suleman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.