Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,656 members, 7,801,905 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:03 AM

My Ridiculous Job Experience In Aba, Abia State - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / My Ridiculous Job Experience In Aba, Abia State (1492 Views)

Share Your Job Experience Working With Foreign Bosses / My First Job Experience After School As A Lady. / 33yrs, ND Holder Without Job Experience ;any Hope? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Ridiculous Job Experience In Aba, Abia State by Pricelessfina(f): 4:21pm On Jan 17, 2020
f you think as a Nigerian, you will go through the labor market without having any ridiculous job experience in the workplace then, you got another thing coming. This was mine in Abia State.

During one of the numerous Assu strikes back then when the strike was as a seasonal film, I was frantically searching for a job and that ever precious job experience. Unfortunately, I left Abakaliki in Ebonyi to Aba in Abia state in search of a job. Well after two weeks in Abia state, I was getting tired of doing nothing till my uncle found a job for me at the last minute. For posterity stake, unlike ticket deals, last minute jobs generally don’t turn out too well.

Table of Contents
The Job.
He managed to find a job for me at a mattress recycling warehouse and brethren, I wasn’t really prepared for the transition from student to a laborer. I wanted to be an Uber driver. Nobody is really is prepared for that transition especially if you are still a student.

I was given a tour around the warehouse during my interview and shown what I would be doing, but like most labor jobs, it’s one thing to watch and a very different thing to be doing.

Continue Reading..https://everyevery.ng/my-ridiculous-job-experience-in-aba/
Re: My Ridiculous Job Experience In Aba, Abia State by budaatum: 4:51pm On Jan 17, 2020
So you "lasted a week and ran back to the warmth of my family and Abakaliki" where you can laze in the sun and eat free food!

My mama would have called you lazy fuq and sent you right back! She was a nurse and lifted mattresses and the patients on them to wipe bums so she'd hardly sympathise with you.

My worst job was at 14 years old working at my uncle's saw mill during school holidays and a year after secondary school. The mill ran on a rail and would trapped your fingers crushing them between the trunk and the rail or the saw would break and come flying at you as you were lifting planks.

His 5 sons, aged 5 to 12 at the time, worked there too and we still joke "so mu?" Meaning, 'did the tree or rail catch you', as we show one another our caught crushed fingers.

2 Shares

Re: My Ridiculous Job Experience In Aba, Abia State by YorubaLord: 6:03pm On Jan 17, 2020
grin
Re: My Ridiculous Job Experience In Aba, Abia State by lebron7(m): 9:24pm On Jan 17, 2020
Pricelessfina:
f you think as a Nigerian, you will go through the labor market without having any ridiculous job experience in the workplace then, you got another thing coming. This was mine in Abia State.

During one of the numerous Assu strikes back then when the strike was as a seasonal film, I was frantically searching for a job and that ever precious job experience. Unfortunately, I left Abakaliki in Ebonyi to Aba in Abia state in search of a job. Well after two weeks in Abia state, I was getting tired of doing nothing till my uncle found a job for me at the last minute. For posterity stake, unlike ticket deals, last minute jobs generally don’t turn out too well.

Table of Contents
The Job.
He managed to find a job for me at a mattress recycling warehouse and brethren, I wasn’t really prepared for the transition from student to a laborer. I wanted to be an Uber driver. Nobody is really is prepared for that transition especially if you are still a student.

I was given a tour around the warehouse during my interview and shown what I would be doing, but like most labor jobs, it’s one thing to watch and a very different thing to be doing.

Continue Reading..https://everyevery.ng/my-ridiculous-job-experience-in-aba/
When did Uber come to Nigeria??
U cannot even use ur mumu head to formulate lies

3 Likes

Re: My Ridiculous Job Experience In Aba, Abia State by ucheuzor1(m): 12:45am On Jan 18, 2020
To slap her just dey hungry me.
Re: My Ridiculous Job Experience In Aba, Abia State by Powersurge: 1:23am On Jan 18, 2020
lebron7:

When did Uber come to Nigeria??
U cannot even use ur mumu head to formulate lies

Lol. Not coming to Nigeria. Nigga said UBER in Abia State. Abi na Mba him mean?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Bolt Driver Recruitment / Alcatel Job Advert / Cbn It Positions: Call For An Aptitude Test

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.