Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,267 members, 7,780,601 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:21 PM

African Star Apple Could Cause Male Infertility - Health (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / African Star Apple Could Cause Male Infertility (57255 Views)

Amazing Health Benefits Of African Star Apple (udara) / YAYY! Agbalumo Is Back!! Check Out Health Benefits Of The African Star Apple / 10 Major Causes Of Male Infertility (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Star Apple Could Cause Male Infertility by BrainArk(m): 2:16pm On Jan 18, 2020
Barcelona98:
Guy calm down. Boko haram/herdsmen was instituted to control the population over there. My brother do not stress yourself on them anymore.
That is good, it's nice knowing Boko Haram is working to keep their population in check.
Re: African Star Apple Could Cause Male Infertility by Okikaneseokwu: 2:17pm On Jan 18, 2020
And our forefathers were all infertile?
Re: African Star Apple Could Cause Male Infertility by BULLIONVAN4(m): 2:19pm On Jan 18, 2020
FrLukas:
Thank God I never liked that shit. Too sour for my likening.
u never tested UDARA NWANNU, maybe that's why you no like am
Re: African Star Apple Could Cause Male Infertility by googi: 2:19pm On Jan 18, 2020
Wait O. It could be true.

No wonder African population keep on doubling while the rest of the world shrinks despite this Research!
Re: African Star Apple Could Cause Male Infertility by Nobody: 2:21pm On Jan 18, 2020
Here they come. Wetin I don dey chop since age 1. Rubbish. Na so dem talk say eran okete dey cause ebola

1 Like

Re: African Star Apple Could Cause Male Infertility by Nobody: 2:23pm On Jan 18, 2020
BULLIONVAN4:
u never tested UDARA NWANNU, maybe that's why you no like am

Oh well.

Since it causes impotency there's no need to anymore.
Re: African Star Apple Could Cause Male Infertility by BULLIONVAN4(m): 2:31pm On Jan 18, 2020
FrLukas:

Oh well.

bro leave those useless research...,as long as I can tell...,my father, Grand father, great grandpa, great great grandpa.., forefathers, ancestors etc ate it and nothing happened to them, some married more than 3 wives, have birth to dozens of children and we're even able to satisfy their wives sexually till old age....
So bro,
This is the reason I called it a trashy and irrelevant research.
Re: African Star Apple Could Cause Male Infertility by victorazyvictor(m): 2:32pm On Jan 18, 2020
DEHVEHLOP:
They consume a lot of it in the land of the rising crimes.

Maybe that is the reason they remained 5% since independence

grin your mama dia iidiot grin
Re: African Star Apple Could Cause Male Infertility by Originalsly: 2:33pm On Jan 18, 2020
Ethanolic extract of African cherry may cause infertility in men.
Re: African Star Apple Could Cause Male Infertility by victorazyvictor(m): 2:35pm On Jan 18, 2020
FrLukas:

Oh well.

Don't fall for it. Use your brain for at least once in your life time.

Re: African Star Apple Could Cause Male Infertility by Nobody: 2:36pm On Jan 18, 2020
BULLIONVAN4:
bro leave those useless research...,as long as I can tell...,my father, Grand father, great grandpa, great great grandpa.., forefathers, ancestors etc ate it and nothing happened to them, some married more than 3 wives, have birth to dozens of children and we're even able to satisfy their wives sexually till old age....
So bro,
This is the reason I called it a trashy and irrelevant research.

I won't be quick to throw it away though.

Remember our forefathers weren't exposed to radiation emanating from mobile phones pressed to their skulls, they weren't exposed radiation from microwave and other products of technology, neither did they eat their food out of plastic shopping bags and plastic packs.

We can't compare the time of our forefathers to now where everything seems to be killing us gradually.

Cancer, a rarity then is now as common as common cold.

God help us.
Re: African Star Apple Could Cause Male Infertility by victorazyvictor(m): 2:38pm On Jan 18, 2020

Re: African Star Apple Could Cause Male Infertility by ue1406009(m): 2:38pm On Jan 18, 2020
What nonsense research is that? My Dad has that tree in his compound. He ate! ate! and ate that fruit and still went ahead to bare give children.
Re: African Star Apple Could Cause Male Infertility by EzzyCarter: 2:38pm On Jan 18, 2020
grin
Re: African Star Apple Could Cause Male Infertility by OyinO: 2:39pm On Jan 18, 2020
Useless research with useless result. Maybe the rat had eaten poisoned food before the tests. They want to spoil business for Udara farmers and sellers in Nigeria. Instead of researching on better things. If Ancestors ate this fruit for thousands of years and could marry and impregnate many women at the same time, how could it be anti-fertility? Maybe they mean Aunty-fertile. I have one in my hands right now. Licking things. Don't forget to add potash, and you'll be ALKALISING your system and getting healthier.
Re: African Star Apple Could Cause Male Infertility by Nobody: 2:39pm On Jan 18, 2020
victorazyvictor:

Don't fall for it. Use your brain for at least once in your life time.

Thanks. I appreciate the read. Not the insult though.

If you were using your brain you'd know that It doesn't address the point though.

While I do not support the findings of the research 100% I'd still say caution.

The lives of our forebears is way different from the one we live now.
Re: African Star Apple Could Cause Male Infertility by victorazyvictor(m): 2:46pm On Jan 18, 2020
FrLukas:

Thanks. I appreciate the read. Not the insult though.

If you were using your brain you'd know that It doesn't address the point though.

While I do not support the findings of the research 100% I'd still say caution.

The lives of our forebears is way different from the one we live now.

What else were you looking for?

Those researchers studied abroad, brainwashed by white people to lure you to hate your culture, food, language and way of life your was known with so that you can embrace their fabricated foods. Use your head bro.
Re: African Star Apple Could Cause Male Infertility by Nobody: 2:46pm On Jan 18, 2020
Halexgos3:
I just finished liking it yesterday
*Licking
Re: African Star Apple Could Cause Male Infertility by BULLIONVAN4(m): 2:51pm On Jan 18, 2020
FrLukas:

I won't be quick to throw it away though.

Remember our forefathers weren't exposed to radiation emanating from mobile phones pressed to their skulls, they weren't exposed radiation from microwave and other products of technology, neither did they eat their food out of plastic shopping bags and plastic packs.

We can't compare the time of our forefathers to now where everything seems to be killing us gradually.

Cancer, a rarity then is now as common as common cold.

God help us.
You're really right bro.

My father (of blessed memory) once said that, what we no that is Killing people of the 21century is just like a drop of water whereas what we don't know is like an ocean which makes us not living up to 145yrs on Earth

1 Like

Re: African Star Apple Could Cause Male Infertility by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jan 18, 2020
Do not handle,do not taste,do not touch?These rules which have to do with things that are all destined to perish with use are based on human commands and teachings..,but they lack any value in restraining sensual indulgence.
Colossians 2 vs 21....
Re: African Star Apple Could Cause Male Infertility by knowhowk: 2:53pm On Jan 18, 2020
The root bark not the Fruit .Two different things . the op creats confusion .
Re: African Star Apple Could Cause Male Infertility by masseratti: 2:55pm On Jan 18, 2020
Crap... If that is so...
Re: African Star Apple Could Cause Male Infertility by Nobody: 2:56pm On Jan 18, 2020
DEHVEHLOP:
They consume a lot of it in the land of the rising crimes.

Maybe that is the reason they remained 5% since independence

who is this Normadic Nonentity
Re: African Star Apple Could Cause Male Infertility by Nobody: 3:00pm On Jan 18, 2020
victorazyvictor:

What else were you looking for?

Those researchers studied abroad, brainwashed by white people to lure you to hate your culture, food, language and way of life your was known with so that you can embrace their fabricated foods. Use your head bro.

Use your head bro.

You are typing with technology conceived by the whites.

Virtually all the aspects of your life is guided by the practice gotten from the Western countries.

You are addressing me in English. Is English your mother tongue?

When you fall sick you rush to the hospital to take treatments that have seen the light of day due to researches conducted by these same white people.

Your wife wants to give birth, you rush her to the hospital into the hands of western trained nurses and doctors, not to a herbalist in your village. Please spare me the crap.

What has scientific research got to do with your culture?

What has the discovered results on the potential harmful substance in the fruit got to do with your traditional clothes, language and other native foods you eat?

Aren't there other potentially harmful fruits in existence in the western countries?

I don't know the point you're trying to make here.

That you want to preserve your culture shouldn't make you plant your head in the sand like an ostrich.

You love your culture so much, then start by ditching English language cos I know it isn't part of your culture.
Re: African Star Apple Could Cause Male Infertility by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jan 18, 2020
BULLIONVAN4:
You're really right bro.

My father (of blessed memory) once said that, what we no that is Killing people of the 21century is just like a drop of water whereas what we don't know is like an ocean which makes us not living up to 145yrs on Earth

True. Our forefathers lived to very grand old age.
Re: African Star Apple Could Cause Male Infertility by mamatwiny(f): 3:08pm On Jan 18, 2020
The research says the bark and not the fruit.
This should only concern ppl that take traditional medicine from barks,roots and leaves.

As for me, I am looking for nwannu to buy.
grin

1 Like

Re: African Star Apple Could Cause Male Infertility by sinkhole: 3:08pm On Jan 18, 2020
doctokwus:
Read the research extracts and soon as I saw all were conducted by scientists in Nigerian higher inatitutions,I started having doubts.
First,in their more or less hurried research,there was even one study group that found spermatogenesis was even increased.
Meanwhile,no human study has even been done,just a study on rats,by Nigerian scientists using the science equipment they use here.
When a proper research is done using up to date scientific tools and methods,then any research finding on agbalumo can be discussed.
the equipments used in that research include petri dish, and one old microscope like that.
Methodology: the rat semen was collected in a petri dish and microscope used to count the number of spermatozoa present;
The back of the agbalumo tree was soaked in alcohol;
After about two days, the alcohol extract was introduced, two drops, into the petri dish with specimen;
After about one hour, the spermatozoa were counted again;
The number of spermatozoa was found to have decreased.
Conclusion: Agbalumo causes infertility grin

1 Like

Re: African Star Apple Could Cause Male Infertility by bluefilm: 3:08pm On Jan 18, 2020
These fools don come again o!

Now, they want to criminalize and demonize our udara for us.

E no go work for dem at all, aswear.
Re: African Star Apple Could Cause Male Infertility by pavoda: 3:14pm On Jan 18, 2020
This study demonstrated that the root bark of ethanolic extract of C. albidum produces a pronounced inhibition of serum testosterone and gonadrophins concentration. These extract had antifertility effect on the testes of albino wistar rats and could be further investigated for possibility of developing a cheap, acceptable and easy available male contraceptive.
Their conclusions is far from what this title has suggested, obviously the only way to get it into the news was such sensational headlines
Re: African Star Apple Could Cause Male Infertility by doctokwus: 3:19pm On Jan 18, 2020
sinkhole:
the equipments used in that research include petri dish, and one old microscope like that.
Methodology: the rat semen was collected in a petri dish and microscope used to count the number of spermatozoa present;
The back of the agbalumo tree was soaked in alcohol;
After about two days, the alcohol extract was introduced, two drops, into the petri dish with specimen;
After about one hour, the spermatozoa were counted again;
The number of spermatozoa was found to have decreased.
Conclusion: Agbalumo causes infertility grin
Know you are clowning;but you may not actually be far from the truth of how the so called research was done.

1 Like

Re: African Star Apple Could Cause Male Infertility by Revolva(m): 3:20pm On Jan 18, 2020
story i de chop am weller e de even give me more sperm

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

"I Have HIV But I Am Still Beautiful" - South African Lady Celebrates Herself / Remembering Nurse Justina Ejelonu Who Died During The Ebola Outbreak (Photos) / COVID-19: A Medical Team From China Coming To Nigeria Soon - Osagie Ehanire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.