Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,787 members, 7,798,644 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:48 AM

How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked - Career (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked (59496 Views)

Godwill Dike Accused Of Torturing His Staff, Sheidu Ozovehe (Photos) / Riots: Indians Accused Of Molesting Female Workers In Atiku's Company In Yola / I Just Got Sacked Became Of Wizkid's Music. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by bigfrancis21: 8:40am On Jan 18, 2020
ambassadorgozie:
6th of January 2020 is the day I won’t forget. I work as a personal assistant/secretary to my boss who happens to be a former politician.

My boss came to work with her housemaid for her to help in sweeping, cleaning and tidying up the office being the resumption day. She instructed us on how to go about it before she stepped out from the office promising to come back in the afternoon.

We started the work immediately until afternoon time when I decided to rest and eat. While eating I beckoned the grown up housemaid to come and eat or at least rest before she continues the cleaning but she declined. After like an hour, I told her to rest small, she declined yet again. This prompted me to go close to her in order to convince her to eat something or rest.

My worst mistake and nightmare was attempting to put my hand on her shoulder in my stupid bid to convince her. Immediately my hand touched her shoulder she started shouting continuously that I want to rape her, that she will deal with me; in fact that I will get sacked. At first I told her my intention, but she wouldn’t hear me, I then resorted to pleading, I even knelt down begging her that it wasn’t my intention to rape or grab her. She couldn’t stand my talks and pleading, she called the boss immediately telling her that I want to rape her. We narrated everything to the boss, (a lawyer), when she returned. After hearing from us she said she has stayed with her maid for couple of years, thus she trust her, and it may be true that I wanted to rape her or lure her for sex. She couldn’t see my explanation, pleadings and even crying. She said she has two options; either to call police for me or to sack me. That’s how she later sacked me that day.

I have been devastated and depressed since that day, not because of the sack but the allegation and accusation that was not even on my mind. The worst is that as an introvert I have no one to talk to, I am damn down.

Notes: 1. I have no intention of raping, grabbing or having sex with her
2. I will not be so stupid to rape or have sex with the housemaid in the office knowing that the boss will come at any time
3. I have not raped anyone or plan to do so in the future because I know is morally and legally wrong.

Your mistake was continually insisting that she eats despite telling you no severally. Learn to take people's 'no' for 'no'. Honestly, she felt scared not knowing your intentions, being alone with you and given our current rape culture.

7 Likes

Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by Babara1994(m): 8:40am On Jan 18, 2020
AfroKnight:
Sorry bro. That’s women for you. They’d conclude without logical information, but based on how they feel at the moment. Next time don’t be too familiar with ladies who are not your close friends. Especially domestic workers.

Let them call you proud. It is better than being called a rapîst.
Gob bless you. I don't talk to my female colleagues, apart from greeting. It's very very dangerous to initiate pleasure in business.

6 Likes

Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by Toosure70: 8:40am On Jan 18, 2020
MrBrownJay1:
if this story is true, then you only fell into a trap that was set just to sack you, free of charge!

as for that useless lawyer you call "ex boss", who was quick to believe that you tried to rape her maid, i weep for Nigeria.
This is new year man. I SHALL NOT WEEP.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by richPHAROAH: 8:40am On Jan 18, 2020
ambassadorgozie:

i was pleading cos i went close to her,
guy chill, i can never tink of rape or sex, how can i do so in an office,
pls don't call me names,
tanx
omo chill, i have bleeped many girls in office. na for office e dey sweet pass. juown it that you wanted to try luck. there is nothing wrong with trying luck. u for try the luck on madam instead

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by ambassadorgozie(m): 8:40am On Jan 18, 2020
Sagay212:
What is your business if someone refuses to eat. You asked her to eat the first time , she said no and you think you should push further to convince her to eat? You had to go close to her to touch her to convince her to eat? Your boss, the police or any lawyer will ask you why you had to leave your seat to go ask or beg her to eat to the point of touching her. Na your wife or girlfriend?

Sit your ass down and think through your actions and tell yourself if it makes any sense to you. How will you convince anybody that you didn't have intentions to rape her. She probably might have been raped before and that's why she might be paranoid. She may later tell the truth to her boss someday but you should learn your lesson.
Stop forming unecessary caring to people who you don't have very close relationship with and be careful when with the opposite sex. Keep your distance and stop touching people anyhow. You don't use your hand to talk, you use your mouth. If you hadn't gotten close to the point of touching her shoulder, all these wouldn't have happened. To chop food no be by force.

ok boss,
tanx for your wise counsel as usual
Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by tiredoflife(m): 8:40am On Jan 18, 2020
ambassadorgozie:
6th of January 2020 is the day I won’t forget. I work as a personal assistant/secretary to my boss who happens to be a former politician.

My boss came to work with her housemaid for her to help in sweeping, cleaning and tidying up the office being the resumption day. She instructed us on how to go about it before she stepped out from the office promising to come back in the afternoon.

We started the work immediately until afternoon time when I decided to rest and eat. While eating I beckoned the grown up housemaid to come and eat or at least rest before she continues the cleaning but she declined. After like an hour, I told her to rest small, she declined yet again. This prompted me to go close to her in order to convince her to eat something or rest.

My worst mistake and nightmare was attempting to put my hand on her shoulder in my stupid bid to convince her. Immediately my hand touched her shoulder she started shouting continuously that I want to rape her, that she will deal with me; in fact that I will get sacked. At first I told her my intention, but she wouldn’t hear me, I then resorted to pleading, I even knelt down begging her that it wasn’t my intention to rape or grab her. She couldn’t stand my talks and pleading, she called the boss immediately telling her that I want to rape her. We narrated everything to the boss, (a lawyer), when she returned. After hearing from us she said she has stayed with her maid for couple of years, thus she trust her, and it may be true that I wanted to rape her or lure her for sex. She couldn’t see my explanation, pleadings and even crying. She said she has two options; either to call police for me or to sack me. That’s how she later sacked me that day.

I have been devastated and depressed since that day, not because of the sack but the allegation and accusation that was not even on my mind. The worst is that as an introvert I have no one to talk to, I am damn down.

2. I will not be so stupid to rape or have sex with the housemaid in the office knowing that the boss will come at any time
3. I have not raped anyone or plan to do so in the future because I know is morally and legally wrong.

Oga we know the drill
Why were u getting so nice to a maid
What's with the come and eat
Why are u getting so nice to a maid
Is that part of ur job to be friendly to lower staffs

Oga u were making moves and she felt irritated
U can fool others but not me
It was a bad move and she wasn't into u
Ur touching her to eat
Like for real
Ur touching her will make her open her mouth to eat or rest with u
Oga go find another work
Stop the victim card

8 Likes

Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by Viking007(m): 8:40am On Jan 18, 2020
ahiboilandgas:
u be idoit...na by force to eat after repeated warnings
Exactly my thoughts. The lady was absolutely right for raising the alarm.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by jaxxy(m): 8:41am On Jan 18, 2020
ambassadorgozie:

Why shud u go so close to touch the shoulder of a gal u barely know or is frnds with u? U asked her thrice to come rest and eat and she said no and u still went to meet her and touch her shoulder and for the lady to complain that much we don’t know how this perceived touch was. This is where and how u implicated urself. There is nothing u can do cos it’s like Ure at the mercy of the househelp and what she felt, thinks or says.. and u Clearly accepted u touched her so the manner of touch is the big question and it obvious the househelp felt harassed by it. Unless ur a priest or celibate it’s hard to tell ur intentions.

The only was to sort this is if u hv people who can vouch for u and who know her, like her frnds, colleagues or ur colleagues if U have any who know u and the kind of person u are.
Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by ideabuilder: 8:41am On Jan 18, 2020
Next time bros defend yourself. Don't beg. Only if you knew what begging means to lawyer. It means you admit your guilt.

If you have nothing to hide, You should have chose police station option instead of sack and pursue your case.

God knows I can go to jail to prove my innocence.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by Bluffly: 8:42am On Jan 18, 2020
Guy if you are innocent, pray to God to expose the truth. Send the same line of prayer to your boss.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by sinkhole: 8:42am On Jan 18, 2020
virgoquin:
According to his narration he said it was her shoulder he touched.

That can be classified as sexual harrasment and not rape, he harrassed her sexually
Imagine, somebody he is meeting for the first time o, and he said he is an introvert shocked

4 Likes

Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by MezieFresh: 8:42am On Jan 18, 2020
Carinaflo:
This your behavior is one behavior that I still find difficult to understand, and a lot of guys are guilty of this.
Guys should know that not every girl you see is interested in making small talks with you and you have ABSOLUTELY NO RIGHT to touch/place your hands on someone you barely know.

The girl was on her own, someone you have never had any interraction with, you started forcing her to come rest and eat with you, even when she made it obvious that she was not interested in whatever you were saying you decided to pressure her more and you had the audacity to place your hand on her shoulder .
What exactly were you trying to achieve
why would you put your hand on her shoulder
You over stepped your boundaries. Someone like me would have given you a dirty slap before reporting you.

I understand your boss's action, she is a woman and a lawyer, she judged the situation from a woman's point of view and believe me as a woman, when a guy touches you without your consent it is an abuse. what you did was very wrong.

So quit pleading with her, just go and search for another job.

Let's take this scenario out...

Let me even ask...
What is wrong in holding someone's shoulders... ?
If it was termed over stepping boundaries... That would sound better..

But sexual assault or rape?
For heaven's sake am lost...

But ladies do this... to guys and no one screams rape.

Beside the shoulder is not a private part...
One can tap you on the shoulder to get you attention.

This things are peculiar to different situations.

Ladies should stop all these false allegations.

4 Likes

Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by Openbusiness: 8:43am On Jan 18, 2020
AmuDimpka:

Dude move on

Last year I was framed for things I didn't do... Also

One thing is that she would suffer for it
Suffer for what? Did she lie? Was he not trying to force her to do something she doesn't want to do. She said no, he was still being pushy. Pushy until he got touchy. What does that tell you? He's lucky he only got fired. If he were he America, he would get sued for sexual harassment and can even be jailed for it. Rubbish. His motives were not genuine abeg. No need to sugarcoat anything. This guy was acting like a smooth operator playing out some playboy script. His forceful persistence proves his intentions were not genuine. If that maid wasn't a "maid", if she was your daughter and he did that to her, would you say she would suffer for reporting a man that was sexually harassing her?

1 Like

Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by atmstyle: 8:44am On Jan 18, 2020
ambassadorgozie:

I have not raped anyone or plan to do so in the future because I know is morally and legally wrong.

Rape is evil. False accusations of rape are also evil. One just has to be careful in one's words and actions. Your mistake was going to touch her shoulder.

In the US, people have lost their jobs for even commenting on a woman in a sexually suggestive way. It's termed sexual harrassment.

Even Joe Biden, the Democratic candidate almost fell into hot water for exactly what you did . He had to apologize on national tv.

Try not to invade people's personal space next time.

Last Bullet: If you had nothing bad in mind, learn the lesson and move on.

6 Likes

Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by Babara1994(m): 8:44am On Jan 18, 2020
SmileDance:
When a lady says no, she means no
You have no right to put ur hand on her shoulder, guy you are a stranger to her. OK, maybe rape is too big but what happened according to ur story is sexual harassment.
Yes dear. Can we chat privately? I need you to school me on ethics and etiquettes.
Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by Cchuks27(m): 8:44am On Jan 18, 2020
First, do not trust anyone! I cannot overemphasize this point. Secondly, there is a reasonable argument that you might have wanted to caress her at the moment even though your intention to have sex might not be immediate. Quit the bullshit talk. We're not kids here man.

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by Softkelvin: 8:44am On Jan 18, 2020
You are meeting someone for the first time and already trying to hold her shoulders, even after refusing the food you bought, OP, it's going to be very hard for your boss to believe you,

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by Nobody: 8:44am On Jan 18, 2020
Bros if you are saying the truth I'm sorry for what you passed through. Don't "leave it for God" try to clear your name even if you don't get recalled back for the job. It's importanter. Next time wherever you may be, mind your business. Don't be too kind. God will deal with that lady.
Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by SmileDance(f): 8:45am On Jan 18, 2020
awwfar:
if you're being truthful ehn ,it's not really easy to proove your innocence in that kind of mess ..so I don't blame your boss for not believing you ...just leave everything to God ,move on already, karma would surely deal with that evil maid.
the maid is not evil jare.
You left your seat to go and touch a young girl that has already said no. The girl shout you come say she's evil. You expect her to smile and say stop... don't touch me na abi.

2 Likes

Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by ambassadorgozie(m): 8:45am On Jan 18, 2020
jaxxy:

Why shud u go so close to touch the shoulder of a gal u barely know or is frnds with u? U asked her thrice and she said no and u still went to meet her and touch her shoulder and for the lady to complain that much we don’t know how this perceived touch was. This is where and how u implicated urself. There is nothing u can do cos it’s like Ure at the mercy of the househelp and what she felt, thinks or says.. and u Clearly accepted u touched her so the manner of touch is the big question bt it obvious the househelp felt harassed by it.

The only was to sort this is if u hv people who can vouch for u and who know her, like her frnds, colleagues or ur colleagues if U have any who know u and the kind of person u are.

have already accepted my fate, trying to move on
Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by EmmyBiggy(m): 8:45am On Jan 18, 2020
You are never an introvert If you are one you will never go close to her after calling her twice to eat and she decline, you might not have intention of raping her but I must say you must have been staring at her which the girl became very suspicious of your intention which might not really be rape but an atom of likeness.
Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by excel101(m): 8:47am On Jan 18, 2020
So you want to convince a grown up house maid you don't know from Adam, to eat or rest by putting your hands across her shoulder. OP, na big lie. I beg talk another thing.

4 Likes

Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by erosimo(m): 8:47am On Jan 18, 2020
ambassadorgozie:

dat was my ist time of seeing her

If the day was your your first time of seeing her, then you over stepped by putting your arm on her shoulder. That was disrespectful. Moreso, is she a minor?

1 Like

Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by abodundef: 8:47am On Jan 18, 2020
Many problems in life can be avoided by keeping to Apostle's Paul warning fr us to be quite, and mind our own businesses. Your boss did not make you the housemaid's overseer and caretaker. Why insisting on persuading her to eat and rest when she has declined the first time. As you said she is a grown up. Even if you have good intention, Bible says let not your good be evil spoken of.Next time, mind your own business. God will provide another job for you.
Meanwhile call us for customization, DI and Large format printing for stickers, flyers and posters if you are in agbaro- warri 08023332733.
Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by SmileDance(f): 8:47am On Jan 18, 2020
MezieFresh:

Let's take this scenario out...

Let me even ask...
What is wrong in holding someone's shoulders... ?
If it was termed over stepping boundaries... That would sound better..

But sexual assault or rape?
For heaven's sake am lost...

But ladies do this... to guys and no one screams rape.

Beside the shoulder is not a private part...
One can tap you on the shoulder to get you attention.

This things are peculiar to different situations.

Ladies should stop all these false allegations.
OK o
Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by peterjero(m): 8:47am On Jan 18, 2020
ambassadorgozie:

The truth is that the op no get sense, someone said don't worry you were still insistent are you the father? Are you her employer? Are you they stubborn to resist her after she told you not to worry two times... If I were your employer I will still sack you. I respect people's opinion all the time that helps me a lot... Do you know if she was fasting, do you know if madam told her to be wary of you before she left, must you be over Sabi... Abeg make we rest.. Op you are damn wrong

6 Likes

Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by Kotika: 8:48am On Jan 18, 2020
ambassadorgozie:

Let me get your facts here:
You called her, she declined. You asked her to eat again, she refused. You then got up to touch her. Haba bros. You clearly went out of line. There was intention for indecent assault. What's worse is that it happened in the office. We can talk about the witch of a house help later but you were given another opportunity to know how to witches do exist in human form. Lest I forget, next time when accused of an offence, NEVER BEG! It's an admission of guilt. Rather get angry and resign, call their bluff and move on

5 Likes

Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by emperorzz(m): 8:48am On Jan 18, 2020
ambassadorgozie:

I'm sorry but do you watch porn? Why? Because the settings appeared like a typical porn narrative, a grown house help is left alone with a young office assistant and then she didn't have to seduce him her vulnerability already did. Him on the other hand, feels she may be happy to have a working class secret lover like him, it's all too convenient. Only that this wasn't a porn shoot. He makes his move. Ekaette's has probably seen hardcore porn once or twice. She senses where all these will lead to. She remembers Okon in the village and the promises they made to each other. She thinks of her nice but high handed lawyer Madam. She's in her sacred office Chambers with a small devil. She's sees a red flag. She reacts.....

Sorry bro, you should never had gone close to her...except you are a cassanova, those ones never care about the humiliation they get sometimes from chasing after everything on skirt. They know they will always score 4 out of 10. The remaining 6 can bring anything, who cares.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by GermanMelania: 8:48am On Jan 18, 2020
czarr:
If na me, I go arrange boys for the girl. Wey go show am pepper.
any time you feel the need to post things like this imagine your post being printed in tomorrow's newspaper. Foreigners read as well. Later una go say investment no come naija. Think before you post. You are doing your fellow citizens a disservice

3 Likes

Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by ceda99: 8:48am On Jan 18, 2020
Op i find it very difficult to believe your story. If you are really an introvert like you claimed, you wouldn't have bothered to invite her to to eat, not just once but repeatedly, talk more of going to touch her shoulder. A real introvert would have kept to himself, or at most invite her once and be inwardly happy and relaxed if she declines. There is more to this story.

1 Like

Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by femi4: 8:48am On Jan 18, 2020
I find it difficult to believe you. A total stranger cannot accuse you of rape falsely

1 Like

Re: How I Was Wrongly Accused Of Rape And Got Sacked by femi4: 8:49am On Jan 18, 2020
ceda99:
Op i find it very difficult to believe your story. If you are really an introvert like you claimed, you wouldn't have bothered to invite her to to eat, not just once but repeatedly, talk more of going to touch her shoulder. A real introvert would have kept to himself, or at most invite her once and be inwardly happy and relaxed if she declines. There is more to this story.
Good observation there

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Man Sacked After Being Caught On CCTV Masturbating In Office's Kitchen / Female EKSU Graduate Does Shoemaking For A Living (pics) / Pretty Nigerian Fire Fighter Is Causing A Twitter Meltdown (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.