Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,712 members, 7,805,932 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 08:40 AM

Things You Should Never Post On Social Media For Your Own Safety - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Things You Should Never Post On Social Media For Your Own Safety (1987 Views)

If You Decide To Go Off Social Media For One Year... / Ladies & Gents, Avoid Such Men & Women For Ur Own Safety. [Pics Attached] / 2 Slay Queens Disgraced On Social Media For Stealing Indomie (full Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Things You Should Never Post On Social Media For Your Own Safety by robosky02(m): 11:33pm On Jan 17, 2020
8 things you should never post on social Media for your own safety

THINGS YOU SHOULD NEVER POST ON SOCIAL MEDIA

1. HOME ADDRESS: Don’t post where you live as you are making things easy for the bad guys out there. There’s a lot, criminals can do using just your address

2. CURRENT LOCATION: Giving out your location information can be risky because it tells potential thieves that you are not at home.

3.IMAGE AND VIDEO OF YOU CHILDREN ON UNIFORM : Never post pictures or videos of your children on uniform lots of kids have been abducted through that

4. NEVER POST IMAGE OF YOUR CHILDREN AND THEIR NAMES : By doing so you are exposing your kids to harm

5. Never post Negative Opinion about your current Job,Your Employer and Your Boss : lots of people have lost their job doing that. most interviewers now ask for your Facebook account and they go through you wall and they might come across it

6. Never post Details of Where You are Travelling to and When You are Travelling

7. Posting Pictures of you and you're tagging your current location is very Terrible you are putting your self at risk

8. Posting pictures of you in an eatry or at home eating a special dish shows you are from a poor home, how many rich men children eat fried Rice and special delicacy and then post it online. its not a new thing to them they eat that on a regular basis so please stop posting pictures of you eating, its childish

This is 2020 we need to improve.
Source: robosky02

Lalasticlala , mynd44

don't forget to share and comment

6 Likes

Re: Things You Should Never Post On Social Media For Your Own Safety by Sundaygeorge: 11:43pm On Jan 17, 2020
9. Don't post ur private phone number on social media...
Re: Things You Should Never Post On Social Media For Your Own Safety by nlPoster: 11:45pm On Jan 17, 2020
How about you dont do anything you dont want to be accountable for?

Is that not an option?
Re: Things You Should Never Post On Social Media For Your Own Safety by RapistOnBail: 11:47pm On Jan 17, 2020
*Do not post your date of birth online*

If you know, you know.
Re: Things You Should Never Post On Social Media For Your Own Safety by nlPoster: 11:51pm On Jan 17, 2020
How about we all just reduce the levels of gossip where every single information is valued like currency?

Someone shits, it's news. Someone farts, it's news. Someone cooks, it's news. Someone takes a step in any direction, it's news.

How does posting or not posting DOB online wipe the memory of those who are aware of the information? Or those seeking it?

Let's not comment stupidly, it's annoying.

If we learnt to quit yapping all the time unneccessarily, we wouldnt have the multitude of problems from all this uncontrolled gossip.
Re: Things You Should Never Post On Social Media For Your Own Safety by realnas(m): 11:55pm On Jan 17, 2020
I agree with the op on every point except the one, for I snap pics in eateries because the environment is clean and good for snapping pictures.
Re: Things You Should Never Post On Social Media For Your Own Safety by nlPoster: 11:59pm On Jan 17, 2020
realnas:
I agree with the op on every point except the one, for I snap pics in eateries because the environment is clean and good for snapping pictures.

I disagree with the op because he should judge himself before obsessing over others. Dont try to be a punk because I find it irritating @ op and the other coward.

Google has any info anyone is searching for as regards everything he mentioned. Gossip networks supply the rest.

Apart from some weird photos cropping up on nairaland recently, eg the well surrounded by a sinkhole which they are refusing to identify, and some other photos here and there on the forum, I dont know of any information that's as secret as Nigerians/nlers like to believe.
Re: Things You Should Never Post On Social Media For Your Own Safety by nlPoster: 12:13am On Jan 18, 2020
The out of control levels of gossip is so annoying.

Interesting the op did not mention hackers, audio eavesdroppers, remote spying, etc undecided
Re: Things You Should Never Post On Social Media For Your Own Safety by robosky02(m): 8:25pm On Jan 18, 2020
realnas:

How many pictures of dangote and adeleke did you see at the eatery?
Re: Things You Should Never Post On Social Media For Your Own Safety by nlPoster: 8:27pm On Jan 18, 2020
Hey, stop judging and nagging please. Why are you bothered by what people post?
Re: Things You Should Never Post On Social Media For Your Own Safety by robosky02(m): 8:28pm On Jan 18, 2020
nlPoster:
Hey, stop judging and nagging please. Why are you bothered by what people post?

Some companies now check on posts before they employ you
Re: Things You Should Never Post On Social Media For Your Own Safety by nlPoster: 8:29pm On Jan 18, 2020
robosky02:

Some companies now check on posts before they employ you

Nothing wrong with that. Why do you have a problem with it?

Seems you're idle.

In case you dont know, almost every leader and executive is on Twitter or any other social media these days. Not all their comments aren't nasty. And they're still employed.

So quit the fear mongering.
Re: Things You Should Never Post On Social Media For Your Own Safety by Heroclitus(m): 9:41pm On Jan 18, 2020
nlPoster:

Nothing wrong with that. Why do you have a problem with it?

Seems you're idle.

In case you dont know, almost every leader and executive is on Twitter or any other social media these days. Not all their comments aren't nasty. And they're still employed.

So quit the fear mongering.

I dey always ask say Shey u study English language for school ni?
Re: Things You Should Never Post On Social Media For Your Own Safety by robosky02(m): 9:51pm On Jan 18, 2020
Heroclitus:

Na England him study no be English
Re: Things You Should Never Post On Social Media For Your Own Safety by nlPoster: 9:55pm On Jan 18, 2020
Heroclitus:

You tell me.

I always ask, aren't you a know it all?
Re: Things You Should Never Post On Social Media For Your Own Safety by nlPoster: 9:55pm On Jan 18, 2020
robosky02:

I have no point and need a job
Re: Things You Should Never Post On Social Media For Your Own Safety by Heroclitus(m): 10:05pm On Jan 18, 2020
robosky02:

Na England him study no be English
Sir, me dey ask if she be linguist o
Re: Things You Should Never Post On Social Media For Your Own Safety by robosky02(m): 10:17pm On Jan 18, 2020
nlPoster:
The out of control levels of gossip is so annoying.

Interesting the op did not mention hackers, audio eavesdroppers, remote spying, etc undecided

Thank you for adding it
Re: Things You Should Never Post On Social Media For Your Own Safety by robosky02(m): 6:03pm On Aug 03, 2020
Sundaygeorge:
9. Don't post ur private phone number on social media...

Very current

Cos soon you'll be getting unwanted calls

(1) (Reply)

Redpill/alpha Male: You Are Not A Man But Male Version Of Nigerian Feminists / Why Do People Look At Tomboys As Normal And Girly Boys With Disgust / Show Some Love To Your Woman With An SME Of Hers Today!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.