Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,249 members, 7,807,852 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:45 PM

Are You Experiencing Slow Data Speed On MTN & Did You Get This Message? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Are You Experiencing Slow Data Speed On MTN & Did You Get This Message? (46882 Views)

How Is Network Data Speed In Your Area? / Mtn Did Me Dirty. / Were You Compensated By MTN For Slow Data Speed? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Experiencing Slow Data Speed On MTN & Did You Get This Message? by lalasticlala(m): 11:28am On Jan 18, 2020
I noticed that my MTN data speed has been slow for some days now.

Then MTN sent out a message that confirmed the slow data speeds.

Here is the message that someone received from MTN:

"Y'ello. We apologize for slow data speeds and difficulty with accessing the internet. Please bear with us as we work to resolve the issue. Thank you."

Have you also been experiencing this? Did you also get the message from MTN?

Can MTN staff or those working for other networks come and explain what’s really happening?

15 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Are You Experiencing Slow Data Speed On MTN & Did You Get This Message? by CANDYDADDY(m): 11:31am On Jan 18, 2020
Why won't it slow when your government have increased Cost of Right of way(RoW) for telecommunication infrastructure

Or your government think we dig money for ground,keep managing that speed before we resolve and rectify things from our end.

_best regard MTNNG

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are You Experiencing Slow Data Speed On MTN & Did You Get This Message? by daveP(m): 11:33am On Jan 18, 2020
Very!!!

Mtn customer care services have been apologizing on Twitter since last week Saturday... I wonder wassup with them.

Look like they've taken us back to 2003/4 era where we have to stand at one spot in a room/compound for that "rolling globe" to make the "E" catch network...

Im disappointed in MTN. Very!!!

Seems Glo is tryna form tag team with them to provide bad network services.

They sent apology messages though....

But i wonder what's up right now.

Even the data finishes in days.

I wonder how Whatsapp and Nairaland usage in 24hrs can take half of 1.5gb data plan.....

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: Are You Experiencing Slow Data Speed On MTN & Did You Get This Message? by Abfinest007(m): 11:43am On Jan 18, 2020
yes n has been on for days na

1 Like

Re: Are You Experiencing Slow Data Speed On MTN & Did You Get This Message? by dxdiag(m): 11:50am On Jan 18, 2020
Use a fast and good VPN, u will be ok

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are You Experiencing Slow Data Speed On MTN & Did You Get This Message? by iaamxavier(m): 12:10pm On Jan 18, 2020
Loll my own is that after they sent the message
The network become much worse
My phone was showing 4G but I know an Edge network when I see one

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are You Experiencing Slow Data Speed On MTN & Did You Get This Message? by horlahsunbo225(m): 12:10pm On Jan 18, 2020
Yes

1 Share

Re: Are You Experiencing Slow Data Speed On MTN & Did You Get This Message? by Petersamuel8(m): 12:56pm On Jan 18, 2020
Even me

Re: Are You Experiencing Slow Data Speed On MTN & Did You Get This Message? by Adam00(m): 2:07pm On Jan 18, 2020
This is bad

Re: Are You Experiencing Slow Data Speed On MTN & Did You Get This Message? by Flexherbal(m): 2:11pm On Jan 18, 2020
Hope they fix it , soon.
Re: Are You Experiencing Slow Data Speed On MTN & Did You Get This Message? by maynation(f): 2:17pm On Jan 18, 2020
Why I go use MTN? undecided

3 Likes

Re: Are You Experiencing Slow Data Speed On MTN & Did You Get This Message? by Neyoohpompy(m): 2:17pm On Jan 18, 2020
MTN might die a painful death soon in order for us to encourage our locally made GLO

3 Likes

Re: Are You Experiencing Slow Data Speed On MTN & Did You Get This Message? by chrisxxx(m): 2:18pm On Jan 18, 2020
In other countries we hear their presidents have Midas' touch. Anything they touch becomes gold. Anything our president touches become cold.

24 Likes

Re: Are You Experiencing Slow Data Speed On MTN & Did You Get This Message? by West2019(m): 2:19pm On Jan 18, 2020
CANDYDADDY:
Why won't it slow when your government have increased Cost of Right of way(RoW) for telecommunication infrastructure

Or your government think we dig money for ground,keep managing that speed before we resolve and rectify things from our end.

most yo always exposed ur foolishness in public
_best regard MTNNG

1 Like

Re: Are You Experiencing Slow Data Speed On MTN & Did You Get This Message? by gambia(m): 2:19pm On Jan 18, 2020
Its been bad, got the message as well.

1 Like

Re: Are You Experiencing Slow Data Speed On MTN & Did You Get This Message? by dominique(f): 2:20pm On Jan 18, 2020
@Lalasticlala
I think it's about the undersea internet cables that broke affecting internet of 12 African countries. Even though Nigeria was not listed, for the fact that MTN has released an apology shows Nigeria is among. Even me has been having tough time connecting with 9mobile since Thursday

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-01-17/african-internet-slowdown-continues-after-undersea-cables-break

19 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Are You Experiencing Slow Data Speed On MTN & Did You Get This Message? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Jan 18, 2020
Same here, so so slowwww

Re: Are You Experiencing Slow Data Speed On MTN & Did You Get This Message? by Ijaya123: 2:20pm On Jan 18, 2020
CANDYDADDY:

_best regard MTNNG

False statement. When you mention government, be specific. It is the state governments that want to increase charges on the Right of Way, which has not yet taken effect.

Why is it only MTN that is experiencing slow data speed?

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Are You Experiencing Slow Data Speed On MTN & Did You Get This Message? by Ekejoestar(m): 2:20pm On Jan 18, 2020
Yes
Re: Are You Experiencing Slow Data Speed On MTN & Did You Get This Message? by mastermaestro(m): 2:21pm On Jan 18, 2020
I roam round my apartment nowadays looking for good network.

3 Likes

Re: Are You Experiencing Slow Data Speed On MTN & Did You Get This Message? by AmazingDesigns: 2:21pm On Jan 18, 2020
grin
Re: Are You Experiencing Slow Data Speed On MTN & Did You Get This Message? by Deepsky(m): 2:21pm On Jan 18, 2020
I couldn't even subscribe till around 12am yesterday

... But I think it's fine now

1 Like

Re: Are You Experiencing Slow Data Speed On MTN & Did You Get This Message? by Injiggerwolf(m): 2:21pm On Jan 18, 2020
So Sad

Re: Are You Experiencing Slow Data Speed On MTN & Did You Get This Message? by CountOlaf: 2:22pm On Jan 18, 2020
Re: Are You Experiencing Slow Data Speed On MTN & Did You Get This Message? by armadeo(m): 2:22pm On Jan 18, 2020
I did some 2 days ago.

But it got better. Used it for launching pugb.

Saw that game recommended by nairalanders here and decided to try it out.

Man it is crazy new fan here.

Cant wait for evening let me lock and load and shoot anything moving in my sight.

1 Like

Re: Are You Experiencing Slow Data Speed On MTN & Did You Get This Message? by peacettw: 2:22pm On Jan 18, 2020
It is quite terrible....particularly when watching Netflix
Re: Are You Experiencing Slow Data Speed On MTN & Did You Get This Message? by oluwasegun007(m): 2:22pm On Jan 18, 2020
Their under sea cable had issues....

1 Like

Re: Are You Experiencing Slow Data Speed On MTN & Did You Get This Message? by Abeyjide: 2:22pm On Jan 18, 2020
getting to 4 days now.
Re: Are You Experiencing Slow Data Speed On MTN & Did You Get This Message? by luluosas(m): 2:23pm On Jan 18, 2020
Yes, I received it

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

BB10 Subscription Codes For Airtel, MTN, GLO And Etisalat / See How Much It Cost Apple To Make The Iphone 10 / 5 Things You Didn't Know That Drains Your Phone Battery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.