Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,377 members, 7,808,324 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:21 AM

Godwin Olusoji Akindele's Burial: Funke Akindele Absent At Father's Funeral - Celebrities (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Godwin Olusoji Akindele's Burial: Funke Akindele Absent At Father's Funeral (101750 Views)

Olusoji Jacobs And Blessing Douglas Marriage Crashes / Olusoji Jacobs And Boma Douglas' Traditional Wedding Photos / Olusoji Jacobs To Wed Boma Douglas (Pre Wedding Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Godwin Olusoji Akindele's Burial: Funke Akindele Absent At Father's Funeral by irunoko(m): 3:52pm On Jan 19, 2020
And she's busy uploading on the gram

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Godwin Olusoji Akindele's Burial: Funke Akindele Absent At Father's Funeral by Nobody: 3:53pm On Jan 19, 2020
Tembebe:
I still find it difficult to reconcile what Funke wrote to break the news of her father's demise with her absence from the burial. She made it look as if she was heartbroken. Now this.
That's funke for you grin. I haven't even read this before I posted my earlier comment.. Her fans would understand who she truly is later. There was a time I commented on her twins pregnancy and people rained abusive words on me. We seem to attach emotions to a lot of things in Nigeria. This is the lady I know very well. A local adage says...Bi iro ba lo logun odun, ojokan l'otito maa ba. Funke that I know very closely wouldn't have got pregnant without showing her baby bump to the whole world to see first. Let's assume she was hiding the pregnancy from the village people as some people would call it,what about months after the twins have been successfully given birth to? I rest my case . Gbam!

4 Likes

Re: Godwin Olusoji Akindele's Burial: Funke Akindele Absent At Father's Funeral by Ajixegun: 3:55pm On Jan 19, 2020
Their (the children) problems. The man had been laid to rest and the dead careless of what the living does. RIP to the dead

3 Likes

Re: Godwin Olusoji Akindele's Burial: Funke Akindele Absent At Father's Funeral by IMASTEX: 3:59pm On Jan 19, 2020
NobleAngell:
All 4 of them? How busy can they claim to be? They don't seem to realize that they'll never get to see him EVER again. What a shame!
The question is on whose approval did the church has to conduct the rite? Isn't it obvious there is something fishy.

1 Like

Re: Godwin Olusoji Akindele's Burial: Funke Akindele Absent At Father's Funeral by Nobody: 4:00pm On Jan 19, 2020
sweetrace:

I hear you and I think that’s commendable. However, I’m not saying he did not do anything for his kids. I’m simply saying if there’s a break in communication, nothing stops the dad from acting as a bridge.
agreed

1 Like

Re: Godwin Olusoji Akindele's Burial: Funke Akindele Absent At Father's Funeral by OnPointMan(m): 4:06pm On Jan 19, 2020
The fear of village people. They were warned by a pastor not to attend.
Check my signature

1 Like

Re: Godwin Olusoji Akindele's Burial: Funke Akindele Absent At Father's Funeral by akan102: 4:14pm On Jan 19, 2020
Their absence is deliberate, we have not heard the whole story
Re: Godwin Olusoji Akindele's Burial: Funke Akindele Absent At Father's Funeral by GreaterGraceGG(f): 4:15pm On Jan 19, 2020
The bishop buried the man, not minding the children whereabout, but he want them to be present for the thanksgiving service. grin

2 Likes

Re: Godwin Olusoji Akindele's Burial: Funke Akindele Absent At Father's Funeral by Jamorezzi: 4:15pm On Jan 19, 2020
None of my business grin
Re: Godwin Olusoji Akindele's Burial: Funke Akindele Absent At Father's Funeral by muyinet: 4:25pm On Jan 19, 2020
Joshmodest:
The children in question are adults they may have thier reasons , whether acceptable or not ...
BTW men should learn to care for thier children , gone are those days when you let your wife suffer to take care of the kids , and you tell yourself , that the children would come to look for you in the future after they are accomplished . Any body tries that with a child like me , you'll be finished , i totally would have nothing to do with you even if you come back yourself to beg ...take care of your kids , cos if you don't , there's always a repercussion you wouldn't like or expect ..
I'm not saying that's what happened in funke's case , I'm just putting this out !

pray not to have a woman who'll turn your children against you regardless of any effort you make. Most stories like this one,...if you look closely, you'll find the hand of their mother behind it.

The solution to issues like this lies not in the man taking care of the children but in how wealthy the man is...if a man is rich enough, he won't have the need to start looking out for a child or children that their mother has brainwashed against you.

The solution is for the man to be rich. Eni to bi'mo, omo lo ma sin, eni ti'o bi'mo, omo na lo ma sin....meaning...if you have children and when death comes, children will bury you and if you don't have any child. you'll still be buried by children. that's the wisdom of the Yorubas for circumstances such as this.

The shame in on Funke and her siblings for abandoning their father even after death.

2 Likes

Re: Godwin Olusoji Akindele's Burial: Funke Akindele Absent At Father's Funeral by Dagrace01(m): 4:28pm On Jan 19, 2020
I don't shook mouth in wetin no concern me! Na their papa no be mine!
Re: Godwin Olusoji Akindele's Burial: Funke Akindele Absent At Father's Funeral by alenwup(m): 4:28pm On Jan 19, 2020
This is really messed up. I really don't know how Funke will get out this
Re: Godwin Olusoji Akindele's Burial: Funke Akindele Absent At Father's Funeral by tityboi: 4:30pm On Jan 19, 2020
Hmmmmm maybe na baba Agbaya that never took care of his kids
Re: Godwin Olusoji Akindele's Burial: Funke Akindele Absent At Father's Funeral by spiceadole: 4:40pm On Jan 19, 2020
Would their presence had made him resurrect?
They are adults and have a right to make decisions.

I won't attend my father's funeral too.
I'm sure my siblings won't be foolish enough to attend as well.

May God keep us alive

1 Like

Re: Godwin Olusoji Akindele's Burial: Funke Akindele Absent At Father's Funeral by spiceadole: 4:42pm On Jan 19, 2020
Caustic001:
I am in a dillema myself, my dad neglected the whole 8 of us when l was around 10 years, he passed last month. l reside out of the country now, he was coming close to the family since my elder ones picked up financially, burial is next month, I am just beginning to stand for myself , dont know if l should spend from the small money l ve saved to return to naija( return ticket 300k plus, other expenses not included ).

Remain where you are.

I'm out the country too.

News reaching me says my dad is in critical condition...I hope to hear good news of his death.
I won't go for the burial and I won't send a dime

1 Like

Re: Godwin Olusoji Akindele's Burial: Funke Akindele Absent At Father's Funeral by Kayharry(m): 4:47pm On Jan 19, 2020
Re: Godwin Olusoji Akindele's Burial: Funke Akindele Absent At Father's Funeral by yeyeosoronga: 4:53pm On Jan 19, 2020
Lordswazz:

Oga, care all you want for your children, if them wan sideline you, they'll do it without flinching. Megan Markle, the American lady that got married to Prince Harry was a daddy's girl. Even she confessed with her mouth how her father supported her with every small connection he had as a small-time director, fueled her car regularly when she was going for auditions, now he has been estranged. He wasn't even invited to her wedding. It happens everyday.
Men should learn to make provisions for themselves at old age, because it seems like when it comes to this marriage and child-bearing thing, the women always have the upper hand by a mile no matter how much you slave.
Meghan's dad was invited to her wedding, but got embarrassed after it was found out he sold stories to the press about his daughter. Hence he opted not to go, and instead lied he had a heart attack. How convenient.
Meghan's father has always been selling her stories to the press for money. Non of his grandchildren talk to him. All his other children /half siblings to Meghan are all dysfunctional and their own children don't even talk to them.
Thomas Markle definitely has something wrong with him. He has publicly ridiculed his daughter because of financial gains. I don't blame her one bit for wanting nothing to do with him.
He sent her to private school, and so what? That's his duty as a parent. I'm sure you will also send your children to private school if you can afford it. Many Nigerian parents already do anyway. She doesn't owe her life to him because of that.

2 Likes

Re: Godwin Olusoji Akindele's Burial: Funke Akindele Absent At Father's Funeral by bukatyne(f): 4:54pm On Jan 19, 2020
Irrespective of what happened, some if not all the kids should have paid their last respects.

1 Like

Re: Godwin Olusoji Akindele's Burial: Funke Akindele Absent At Father's Funeral by Bimpe29: 4:58pm On Jan 19, 2020
How can you be absent at your father's burial when you're not Sambo Dasuki?
Re: Godwin Olusoji Akindele's Burial: Funke Akindele Absent At Father's Funeral by yeyeosoronga: 5:00pm On Jan 19, 2020
omlueh:
No matter whatsoever the Late Father might have done, he will still remain their Father, hmmmmmmm it's well with the soul of the Late departed soul, I vehemently know that their Mother has a 100% hand in all these happening, no problems, God is a very good and just Creator, the very good thing is that the married one's among them are already having Children, and the yet to be married will also by the special grace of God will also have their own children when they get married, let us wait and be watching what will be the end of all of them, as for their wicked and inhuman mother, her end here on earth will definitely be so miserable that she will every regret given her useless and cursed children such a disgraceful decision to take at their Father last journey. Bastard children, Awon OMO Ale jati jati. AYO ati Idunu a ji na si gbogbo yin ati Iya weere ti o si ma ko ba yin. Eleribu Dede.
Ti ewúré ba b'ojú weèyìn, á fi èpè fun elépè...

3 Likes

Re: Godwin Olusoji Akindele's Burial: Funke Akindele Absent At Father's Funeral by romeorailss: 5:00pm On Jan 19, 2020
Koredav:
Hmmmm something suspicious abt it. How can all d children won't be in attendance for dr dad burial

Do you know if this dad told them personally before he died that none of them should attend his burial ? sad angry

3 Likes

Re: Godwin Olusoji Akindele's Burial: Funke Akindele Absent At Father's Funeral by lasheun: 5:05pm On Jan 19, 2020
sunshineV:

If they dig him up I'm sure they will
Savage!
Re: Godwin Olusoji Akindele's Burial: Funke Akindele Absent At Father's Funeral by Emmaino99(m): 5:10pm On Jan 19, 2020
Too bad
Re: Godwin Olusoji Akindele's Burial: Funke Akindele Absent At Father's Funeral by Lugianostar(m): 5:11pm On Jan 19, 2020
Despite their gravity of grievances, they ought not to absence themselves from paying their last respect to their late father!!!!
Re: Godwin Olusoji Akindele's Burial: Funke Akindele Absent At Father's Funeral by Olufemiolaolu(m): 5:14pm On Jan 19, 2020
Too bad, they have no excuse.
Re: Godwin Olusoji Akindele's Burial: Funke Akindele Absent At Father's Funeral by Nobody: 5:15pm On Jan 19, 2020
Rawtruth1:
Better attend your father's burial to avoid regrets and curses
Who go curse d papa as he abandoned them? Bros if you no get start there

1 Like

Re: Godwin Olusoji Akindele's Burial: Funke Akindele Absent At Father's Funeral by Lordswazz(m): 5:28pm On Jan 19, 2020
yeyeosoronga:

Meghan's dad was invited to her wedding, but got embarrassed after it was found out he sold stories to the press about his daughter. Hence he opted not to go, and instead lied he had a heart attack. How convenient.
Meghan's father has always been selling her stories to the press for money. Non of his grandchildren talk to him. All his other children /half siblings to Meghan are all dysfunctional and their own children don't even talk to them.
Thomas Markle definitely has something wrong with him. He has publicly ridiculed his daughter because of financial gains. I don't blame her one bit for wanting nothing to do with him.
He sent her to private school, and so what? That's his duty as a parent. I'm sure you will also send your children to private school if you can afford it. Many Nigerian parents already do anyway. She doesn't owe her life to him because of that.
No one owes you their life because you did your job. That's exactly what i'm saying. No need tying excuses for children abandoning their dad to not caring.
If you do everything on earth for them, and you disagree with some of their decisions, dem ready cut you off totally too. A mum who is a junkie has more chances of retaining the love of her children, especially daughters, than the average dad.

1 Like

Re: Godwin Olusoji Akindele's Burial: Funke Akindele Absent At Father's Funeral by staga: 5:29pm On Jan 19, 2020
What kind of callous children are these?
Re: Godwin Olusoji Akindele's Burial: Funke Akindele Absent At Father's Funeral by Ijawwomaninoyo: 5:35pm On Jan 19, 2020
chukwugoziegi:

But she was the first to announce when her dad died, writing epistle and posted photos even. Means she probably did that for the gram and attention. Chai! This life sef

It has a back up somewhere, it seems they are all not married except her controversial wedding with JJC that she did behind the parents.
Her last marriage crashed and an insider said she can't have children due to some oaths she did and compromised it with fame. That's before one prophet said similar things about her.
She lost her first pregnancy before this controversial twins that she is hiding their faces from everyone.
She has never shown any picture of the children with her parents, seems she has been avoiding them since.

1 Like

Re: Godwin Olusoji Akindele's Burial: Funke Akindele Absent At Father's Funeral by bonnyhope: 5:50pm On Jan 19, 2020
one pastor must have prophesied to them not to attend or else.....

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD MOVIE: The Wedding Party 2 (destination Dubai) / Gospel Artist, Osinachi Nwachukwu Is Dead / Jane Emoka Was Involved In Chidinma Okeke's Leaked Sex Video (Pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.