Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,827 members, 7,806,323 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:46 PM

Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun (38377 Views)

Inside APC: Is There Another Conspiracy Against Tinubu By Buhari’s Men? / Buhari’s Men Move To Pacify South-West / FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun by Kinikini: 7:35pm On Jan 19, 2020
The Hausa Fulanis are so afraid of a disintegrated Nigeria. But, why?

quote author=AtikuNetwork post=85920637]

https://thenationonlineng.net/why-buharis-men-security-chiefs-oppose-operation-amotekun/

[/quote]
Re: Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun by Corrections: 7:42pm On Jan 19, 2020
Oshigun:

Myopic. You think Buhari and Tinubu will last forever? You think Yorubas are like others who are one-way traffic and only know how to make empty noise? The only thing constant in life is change. We cannot go on as things are regarding security. The North, whether they like it or not, will have to embrace liberalism and tolerance when in power otherwise their purported superior numbers , they think will always keep them in power, will matter zilch when the Yorubas spiritually disengage from Nigeria. This is what some of us have been telling Igbos for decades. Openly shouting and gnashing teeth is not the only way to get what you want.

I have long encouraged Igbos to be more insular and go for the jugular of Nigeria, with their purported trading and economic might, if they really want Biafra. Once the power that be see that Igbos are not smiling with them economically and financially then they may grant more concession towards regional autonomy. Yorubas will succeed where Igbos fail because we are different. I therefore look forward to Buhari dissolving Amotekun, thus showing he has no regard for us and the security of Yoruba lives, as you brag in this your post. See wether the Yorubas will just accept that, continue to watch their people being slaughtered and do nothing but make noise as others have always done in Nigeria.

Do you not see prominent Yorubas, from Soyinka to FFK and PDP to APC, speaking in unison over Amotekun and telling Miyeti Alla h et al to FFK their Presidency? Without Presidency, which region is best and most highly-regarded in Nigeria? Bruv, who is Buhari or Tinubu when Yorubas become spiritually wedded to a cause or pursuit?

If buhari dissolves Amotokun in southwest that might end the existence of APC in southwest.... giving room for other parties to win the heart of Southwest people......NO TO AMOTEKUN IS NO TO EXISTENCE OF APC IN SOUTHWEST IN THE COMING ELECTIONS.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun by apesinola001: 7:50pm On Jan 19, 2020
SpecialAdviser:

I have had a lot of people asking me why this Amotekun has been giving the north sleepless nights. It shows how shallow many Nigerians understand Nigerian politics. In fact let me try to explain something to them. May be they will start understanding Nnamdi Kanu better.

The north contribute very little to Nigerian economic development and would wait for proceeds from Niger Delta oil in order to carry out developmental projects. This is the core cause of Nigerian civil war. Abuja, Kano and other major cities in the north was built solely from oil proceeds.

Suffice is to say that everywhere in the world, oil is not found in every nook and crannies of a country. So Nigeria is not an exception to that simple logic.

But the issue with Nigeria is that the north refuses justice to other parts of Nigeria. Years of military rule refuses tangible project in other parts of the country. And a military channel was put in place to make sure no resistance exists anywhere from Nigeria. This is why you see them colonizing every military and para military organizations. Same reason Obasanjo retired many top military officers of northern origin to wither their influence.

The north fears any resistance that can cause break up and deny them the free flow of Niger Delta oil. The issue is that their mentality of subjugation has caused them big problem managing Nigerian unity. Their notorious nature have even caused a big split within the north itself as many minority northerners have become wiser now. Look at statement from TY Danjuma.

The coming to power by Buhari has escalated this mentality. Fact is that the fear of such subjugations which was evident in Buharis pre election statements caused Igbos to be on the alert resulting to what seemed like a hatred from the Igbos. People like Nnamdi Kanu cashed on this animosity and gained a lot of followership.

The north is always afraid of Nigerian break up but has failed to make Nigeria a country for all.
Im sure America has this intelligence and with the growing hatred they have in the north, we may expect break up earlier than expected.

I would advice Igbos investing so much outside Igboland to think twice before such investments. The future of this country is gloomy and you cannot afford to lose most of your belongings yet again to other Nigerians.

Except divine intervention, the country may have serious issues sooner than expected.

God will bless you and your family

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun by Tonyfj2020(m): 7:53pm On Jan 19, 2020
GideonIdaboh:
With all fairness to the north, they should rule for an additional 16years before handing over power to south coz south comprises of south west and south east/south. My opinion is based on this, if north rules for 8years, the Yoruba's rule for 8 years and the IBO's rule for 8years, that would be cheating to the north coz when you refer to the north, there are other regions which the south is refusing to accept. If the south can be splitted into 2 regions on the basis of who produces the president, then the north should equally split too. Not forgetting that a certain region in the south occupied power for 6 years just recently.
I'd advise us to be objective in analyzing the transiency of which region produces the next president.
I wouldn't want to speak much of this. however, there is something I want you to get straight. Mind you that all the middle belt and States they are not part of the notes and if you're trying to judge also categorised not by geographical location I want you to count me to belt out of it. For the inclusion of the middle belt as part of northern states where does a way of cheating all the part of Nigerians. During the inclusion of the middle belt as part of northern state what infrastructural development was put in place for the development of the middle belt however all other developmental facilities were channel to North West and North East living middlebelt deplorable. The Killing of the prominent military men from the middle belt was as a result of what this was put in place to make the middle belt vulnerable so that we can say yes to whatever that the Northern people all the northern elites who say but I've forgotten culturally economically geographically religion the middle belts are quite different from the northerners.
Re: Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun by Xisnin(m): 7:57pm On Jan 19, 2020
MayorofLagos:

Fayemi, Akeredolu, these two got their positions as governor through Buhari. Fayemi is chairman of governors council and Akeredolu is chairman of SW governors. Akeredolu has a lot to lose in his reelection. So these two need to be persuaded by Yoruba leaders that the position of Yoruba on Amotekun is non-negotiable.

Buhari has pardoned terrorists in bokoharam and absorbed them into regular Nigerian Army.

So he has no moral standing questioning the presence of OPC in Amotekun.

Hisbah is a separatist organization as well because it is anti-Nigerian since its mission is strictly for Hausa/Fulani muslims.

Therefore the presence of Afenifere in Amotekun is no different than constituting hisbah with religious and ethnic separatists.

Amotekun must stay and Afenifere and OPC must belong in it. This is desire of Yoruba.

The governors cannot and must not put desire of Buhari or fulani above Yoruba.

Besides, what can FG do if we reject Buhari's opposition? What can they do? Deploy Army?

Tell Yoruba in Army to mutiny. Let the war start....and everyone go gabadaya!
Akeredolu doesn't need persuasion, neither does Fayemi.
The days of a politician surviving at federal level without local support is over.
Akeredolu has so much to lose if he backpedals.
Right now, he is only worried about winning APC's primary election.
If he is seen as a weakling, winning the primary will be the least of his worries.

Fayemi's presidential ambition nothwithstanding, he cannot publicly go against Amotekun
or even withdaw support.
He understands that the "presidency" cannot guarantee him a win if he loses face at home.

The Fulani's are playing a dangerous game, they probably think they are the only one who can
buy judgment.
It is either Amotekun or full-blown state police.
The fight will be taken to the national assembly if need be.
Re: Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun by Tonyfj2020(m): 7:57pm On Jan 19, 2020
GideonIdaboh:
With all fairness to the north, they should rule for an additional 16years before handing over power to south coz south comprises of south west and south east/south. My opinion is based on this, if north rules for 8years, the Yoruba's rule for 8 years and the IBO's rule for 8years, that would be cheating to the north coz when you refer to the north, there are other regions which the south is refusing to accept. If the south can be splitted into 2 regions on the basis of who produces the president, then the north should equally split too. Not forgetting that a certain region in the south occupied power for 6 years just recently.
I'd advise us to be objective in analyzing the transiency of which region produces the next president.
I want to remind you about the politics played why kogi state Forest state and nasarawa state will never have an indigenous Christian leader in their States. If you clearly understand why the agitation and the Promotion of this security outfit in the western part of Nigeria then you know the politics that has played that one thing is if your neighbor's house is on fire you have to keep watch a system so that you can also as well present your own building. I believe Gideon that you are a cool men's belts but your region have been turn to something else now they call you North Central where you reside in the map of Nigeria it does not indicate that you are another man how will they not be a central if a reason it out why the inclusion of your state as part of the North historically you were not part of them but now they have made you one of theirs because when they when they try to conquer you by war it was not possible so the only way that they could do it is to subject you to their policies give you a king they rule you indirectly Now is being Direct I pray that one day you will come to understand and fight for your own state and fight for your own independency because whatever the Yoruba people stand for today everyone will come to the reality that we need to fight for independence and let these infidels go back to wherever they come from we don't deserve to be in the same room with them.
Re: Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun by Xisnin(m): 7:59pm On Jan 19, 2020
GideonIdaboh:
You wrote an epistle and you failed to tell us which north should continue for the next 8 years.

1 Like

Re: Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun by tomju(m): 8:31pm On Jan 19, 2020
Is it the same Yoruba man who shouts and barks during an ordinary about-to-fight but will not throw any blow....and be expecting people to hold him? ..When did they start being brave? Wow! this is new gist!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun by Nobody: 8:38pm On Jan 19, 2020
Oshigun:

Myopic. You think Buhari and Tinubu will last forever? You think Yorubas are like others who are one-way traffic and only know how to make empty noise? The only thing constant in life is change. We cannot go on as things are regarding security. The North, whether they like it or not, will have to embrace liberalism and tolerance when in power otherwise their purported superior numbers , they think will always keep them in power, will matter zilch when the Yorubas spiritually disengage from Nigeria. This is what some of us have been telling Igbos for decades. Openly shouting and gnashing teeth is not the only way to get what you want.

I have long encouraged Igbos to be more insular and go for the jugular of Nigeria, with their purported trading and economic might, if they really want Biafra. Once the power that be see that Igbos are not smiling with them economically and financially then they may grant more concession towards regional autonomy. Yorubas will succeed where Igbos fail because we are different. I therefore look forward to Buhari dissolving Amotekun, thus showing he has no regard for us and the security of Yoruba lives, as you brag in this your post. See wether the Yorubas will just accept that, continue to watch their people being slaughtered and do nothing but make noise as others have always done in Nigeria.

Do you not see prominent Yorubas, from Soyinka to FFK and PDP to APC, speaking in unison over Amotekun and telling Miyeti Allah et al to FFK their Presidency? Without Presidency, which region is best and most highly-regarded in Nigeria? Bruv, who is Buhari or Tinubu when Yorubas become spiritually wedded to a cause or pursuit?

There was no way Tinubu didn't plead with Oyo people to retain APC. He knew how hard those people can be politically. They just patiently waited till the election day and voted, not PDP in essence, but Seyi Makinde.

2 Likes

Re: Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jan 19, 2020
The only solution to insecurity (outside of an unbundling of the NPF into regional police forces answerable to state governors) is a total reform of the entire NPF.

I myself would not support regional police at this time when the governors are mostly white collar criminals and other unscrupulous types (some of them with criminal cases currently hanging around their necks) but police reform isn't such a big deal in today's Nigeria, for a presidency that has the welfare of it's citizens at heart though, not the current nest of hypocrites and jobbers occupying Abuja at the moment.

The police affairs ministry is nothing more than a facilities management outfit regarding the way it functions at the.moment and it ought to be scrapped. The NPF should be put under direct control of civilian employees (lawyers) of the ministry of justice, instead of the way it functions as a rogue army commanded by the inspector general. The IG is just a civil servant, not a general.
Re: Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun by Tamkurou: 8:56pm On Jan 19, 2020
GideonIdaboh:

���
Re: Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun by SpecialAdviser(m): 8:57pm On Jan 19, 2020
Sterope:
The little your governors and other local reps have been getting, how many quality roads have they built with it?

Corruption and poor governance are issues for developing regions. It wont make a difference if you were all alone.

Amotekun is the consequence of Buhari's incompetence. However it is not viable. Starting from the availability of funds, abuse and corruption.

In fact, Amotekun's foundation is wonky. Not a fan of Tinubu but the organisation is formed by the disgruntled elements of Afenifere who are against Tinubu. Their issue with Tinubu arose from their greediness too. Either way, all of you are being used.

Why would I get a little if I may ask? Again, dont you know that those governors are sell outs? The center is so powerful and have overbearing influence at the states. Just use IMO state judgment as a case study. Hope Uzodima will forever dance to the tune of the center. He will remain a saint for whatever money he steals for as long as he dances to their tune.

Even in America, the center does not have overbearing control on states. Nigeria structure is so bad bro, use ur brain.
Re: Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun by Sterope(f): 9:06pm On Jan 19, 2020
Your state government has responsibilities independent of the President or center. Then you have your state honourable, your federal honourable, your local chairman and your councilillor

Each and every level are allocated money to make your life better.

Which of them has carried out at least 30% of their responsibilities? Which of them did during Obasanjo or Jonathan government? They aren't Fulani, are they?

And we both know that the power of the center cannot prevent state governors from constructing state roads, improve the quality of education, maintain an efficient fire service etc

Your problem is that you are born in a DEVELOPING COUNTRY. All African countries are still classified as developing so it has nothing to so with Fulani or Hausa. Your ill-luck is the problem plus and you don't know anything about your real enemies.

SpecialAdviser:

Why would I get a little if I may ask? Again, dont you know that those governors are sell outs? The center is so powerful and have overbearing influence at the states. Just use IMO state judgment as a case study. Hope Uzodima will forever dance to the tune of the center. He will remain a saint for whatever money he steals for as long as he dances to their tune.

Even in America, the center does not have overbearing control on states. Nigeria structure is so bad bro, use ur brain.
Re: Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun by Nobody: 9:18pm On Jan 19, 2020
Xisnin:
The governors do not need the president's approval to set up a security system.

Supposing all the governors in the southwest are from PDP, they could.fight this.fight serious but those Apc governors are synophants and deceptive..so they need to see buhari and follow whatsoever he says
Re: Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun by Shaprara: 9:29pm On Jan 19, 2020
AtikuNetwork:

https://thenationonlineng.net/why-buharis-men-security-chiefs-oppose-operation-amotekun/

You see the threat the south pose to the north. It breaks them and whatever it is in there capability to stop this will fail IJN
Re: Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun by Skmoda360(m): 9:30pm On Jan 19, 2020
solmusdesigns:

so you are no more from Edo
That one no get sense.....na nose the guy dey use to talk....
Re: Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun by Charly68: 9:32pm On Jan 19, 2020
God will help Nigeria in the hand of Buhari..what does he expect when he publicly gave instruction that those that want to see him should be seeing his chief of staff. If his chief of staff refused to brief him on Amotekun matter,who do we blame here ?
Re: Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun by Powersurge: 9:33pm On Jan 19, 2020
solmusdesigns:
cool

No service chief had opposed the outfit

*Presidency didnt issue a statement through any of its spokes person (garba shehu or femi adesina)
*Nigerian Army spokesperson didnt release any official press release (infact Buhari has withdrew them from all civillian matters
*IGP even came out to loud the initiative and ask them not to use assualt riffles or unregistered riffles
*National Assembly Hasnt Passed any Resolution stoping its opreation
*No competent Court had issued a court Injuction or Court Order stoping their opreation

the only noise maker so far are Balarabe Musa, Meyetti Allah, Arewa Youths, Arewa Elders and other ussual noise maker

Before I opened the thread i knew it was a sponsored journalism.
Re: Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun by Xisnin(m): 9:35pm On Jan 19, 2020
Gforce2015:

Supposing all the governors in the southwest are from PDP, they could.fight this.fight serious but those Apc governors are synophants and deceptive..so they need to see buhari and follow whatsoever he says
Any governor who follows what Buhari, that is the cabals says is asking for political trouble.
Re: Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun by Nobody: 9:37pm On Jan 19, 2020
EcoBrick:

I said in an earlier post that I was almost certain that Fayemi and the SW governors must have informed Buhari and his people about Amotekun before it launched and consequently got the greenlight to go ahead with it. Fayemi is too close to Buhari and the presidency not to have done that. But perhaps he and the others got carried away and overestimated their rapport with Buhari, failing to realize that in this power game, Yorubas are dispensable at will to Buhari and his cabal.

Buhari showed this much to Amosun (whom everyone knows is very close to him) at a point in time. He didn't hesitate to ditch him when Amosun needed him the most because Buhari himself was seeking reelection at the time and didn't want to stick his neck out for anyone.

Tinubu has also faced similar and even worse treatment from Buhari and his handlers but I think he is adapting to the nuances of the power game and keeping his intentions to himself because the same Yoruba people that think they are close to Buhari are ready to betray and demystify Tinubu to please the cabal in a heartbeat.

As for Fayemi, I hope that this will be a lesson for him going forward. Now he will know that Buhari and his cabal have no permanent Yoruba friends in this power game, except pawns that can be used against their own kinsmen when the need arises, only to be made to look stupid afterward.

We Yorubas are yet to learn some lessons in our dealings with the Northerners. National politics is essentially a power game which, due to being away from the centre for long, our people are yet to master. But the smart ones are taking notes.

This Amotekun matter will fizzle out one way or another. Fayemi has said that the SW governors will soon meet with Buhari and try to persuade him on the need to allow the outfit to stay. I can bet you that Buhari will have his way by the end of such meeting.

Amotekun will fizzle out ke? what is this one is saying lol. Amotekun was a long term plan. Those behind it are more learned than Malami and his goons
Re: Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun by LUMY7: 9:42pm On Jan 19, 2020
You and I know that it won't fly since the north has the majority number in both the house of rep and senate.
Osagyefo98:
No provision for regional security arrangement in the 1999 Constitution or any law Alleged backdoor approach to reintroduce regional autonomy/ government structure Defence, Police and Security architecture on the Exclusive List in sections 2, 17 and 45 of the Second Schedule to the 1999 Constitution.

This makes regional Amotekun illegal. Let Yorubas push for constitutional review to make their regional Amotekun legal

This is FG real fear. Nothingelse.

Meanwhile in all........This is the real reason for the fear grin

No argument on this.

So If SW aren't been mischievous they should push for constitutional review and also insertion of referendum in our constitution ie full restructuring to accommodate their regional Amotekun and backed constitutionally to take off.

You can't be against constitutional review and want regional Amotekun to work
Re: Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jan 19, 2020
LUMY7:
You and I know that it won't fly since the north has the majority number in both the house of rep and senate.

Oh save me that.

The SE is crying for restructuring
The SS is crying for restructuring
Even NC is crying for restructuring

Let's say SW is also crying for restructuring.

Which other number do you need again when 4 regions out of six is in for the review.

The number is already there.

The question is are those clamouring for it sincere or just making noise.
Re: Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun by MillerJnr(m): 10:13pm On Jan 19, 2020
ogawisdom:

Amotekun has come to stay just like Enugu has forest guards

listen to yourself, you said enugu forest guards, this one is regional bro, we don't have any regional issues in our constitution.
Re: Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun by MillerJnr(m): 10:15pm On Jan 19, 2020
GidiWoodsMan:
The only solution to insecurity (outside of an unbundling of the NPF into regional police forces answerable to state governors) is a total reform of the entire NPF.

I myself would not support regional police at this time when the governors are mostly white collar criminals and other unscrupulous types (some of them with criminal cases currently hanging around their necks) but police reform isn't such a big deal in today's Nigeria, for a presidency that has the welfare of it's citizens at heart though, not the current nest of hypocrites and jobbers occupying Abuja at the moment.

The police affairs ministry is nothing more than a facilities management outfit regarding the way it functions at the.moment and it ought to be scrapped. The NPF should be put under direct control of civilian employees (lawyers) of the ministry of justice, instead of the way it functions as a rogue army commanded by the inspector general. The IG is just a civil servant, not a general.

how can it be a regional paramilitary agency and still be answerable to governors,
the don't operate regional govt here.
Re: Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun by MillerJnr(m): 10:18pm On Jan 19, 2020
Xisnin:

Akeredolu doesn't need persuasion, neither does Fayemi.
The days of a politician surviving at federal level without local support is over.
Akeredolu has so much to lose if he backpedals.
Right now, he is only worried about winning APC's primary election.
If he is seen as a weakling, winning the primary will be the least of his worries.

Fayemi's presidential ambition nothwithstanding, he cannot publicly go against Amotekun
or even withdaw support.
He understands that the "presidency" cannot guarantee him a win if he loses face at home.

The Fulani's are playing a dangerous game, they probably think they are the only one who can
buy judgment.
It is either Amotekun or full-blown state police.
The fight will be taken to the national assembly if need be.

hahahahaha, which national assembly?, dead on arrival.
Re: Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun by Enwhen(m): 10:23pm On Jan 19, 2020
Oshigun:

Do you not see prominent Yorubas, from Soyinka to FFK and PDP to APC, speaking in unison over Amotekun and telling Miyeti Allah et al to FFK their Presidency? Without Presidency, which region is best and most highly-regarded in Nigeria? Bruv, who is Buhari or Tinubu when Yorubas become spiritually wedded to a cause or pursuit?

It's not really so..... In Nigeria without the backings of your leaders , u can't do anything , u will only make noise but nothing will happen, just like the IPOB, the Igbos speaks in uniosm but their leaders are not in full supports that's why IPOB is still a child play...the Niger Delta struggle started right from the Late Gen Abacha regime but got the attention of govt when the youth started getting our leaders backings and GEJ was compensated with that... Same thing happened back then in the north with this Boko Haram , but today those leaders are our political office holders today...if the South is not united, The north will eat fat share, Amotekun will be scrap and nothing will happen, anybody that try any protest will be arrested and no leader will go bail them, Sowore detaind for long because his leaders were not with him... Same thing Baba OBJ did against the north to have a smooth sail and control...
Re: Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun by Nobody: 10:30pm On Jan 19, 2020
MillerJnr:

how can it be a regional paramilitary agency and still be answerable to governors,
the don't operate regional govt here.

state police. my bad

the southwest governors are trying to put together a regional outfit though, uniform structure but I'm sure each governor would be the boss in charge of the forces within his own state.

no governor would be foolish enough to allow a colleague wield power within his domain. monkey done mature smiley
Re: Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun by akigbemaru: 10:39pm On Jan 19, 2020
Blue3k:
The ultimate solution is to amend the constitution to allow any tier of government to have their own police force and prisons. It also be smart to amend exclusive list item 2 and 1990 fire arms act. Stop the half measures and just do the hard work.
Re: Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun by karkinase(m): 10:43pm On Jan 19, 2020
EcoBrick:

I said in an earlier post that I was almost certain that Fayemi and the SW governors must have informed Buhari and his people about Amotekun before it launched and consequently got the greenlight to go ahead with it. Fayemi is too close to Buhari and the presidency not to have done that. But perhaps he and the others got carried away and overestimated their rapport with Buhari, failing to realize that in this power game, Yorubas are dispensable at will to Buhari and his cabal.

Buhari showed this much to Amosun (whom everyone knows is very close to him) at a point in time. He didn't hesitate to ditch him when Amosun needed him the most because Buhari himself was seeking reelection at the time and didn't want to stick his neck out for anyone.

Tinubu has also faced similar and even worse treatment from Buhari and his handlers but I think he is adapting to the nuances of the power game and keeping his intentions to himself because the same Yoruba people that think they are close to Buhari are ready to betray and demystify Tinubu to please the cabal in a heartbeat.

As for Fayemi, I hope that this will be a lesson for him going forward. Now he will know that Buhari and his cabal have no permanent Yoruba friends in this power game, except pawns that can be used against their own kinsmen when the need arises, only to be made to look stupid afterward.

We Yorubas are yet to learn some lessons in our dealings with the Northerners. National politics is essentially a power game which, due to being away from the centre for long, our people are yet to master. But the smart ones are taking notes.

This Amotekun matter will fizzle out one way or another. Fayemi has said that the SW governors will soon meet with Buhari and try to persuade him on the need to allow the outfit to stay. I can bet you that Buhari will have his way by the end of such meeting.

Gbayi
Re: Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun by Cherez: 12:39am On Jan 20, 2020
Oshigun:

Lol
I would have kept quiet but I needed to clear some issues.
See, the SW thrives on the fact that other Southern tribes especially the Igbos are too forward (not funny nor play intrigues) when it comes to confronting the powers that be.
The SW is always on the fence when issues of other Southern part vs North but other Southern parts supports any ideology of the Yorubas without recourse to their selfish interest.
Imagine IPOB & Kanu commending Amotekun but I bet you the SW would have rejected this if it were to be the other way round.
If the Igbos and other Minor tribes dares take sides with the North on this Amotekun, it will die a natural death.
BTW, top SW leaders in APC are silent on this and I'm sure they will remain so.
Stop the pride as the SW has never tried any upset on its own.
Re: Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun by Xisnin(m): 1:15am On Jan 20, 2020
MillerJnr:

hahahahaha, which national assembly?, dead on arrival.
You don't understand politics.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

INEC declares Kano Governorship Election Inconclusive / Prophet To Fashola: Re-open Yaba Railway Market Or Lose Your Children / You Are Better Off In Benin Republic, Buhari Tells Nigerians Living There

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 123
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.