Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,304 members, 7,780,717 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 08:24 PM

Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun (38340 Views)

Inside APC: Is There Another Conspiracy Against Tinubu By Buhari’s Men? / Buhari’s Men Move To Pacify South-West / FG Declares Operation Amotekun Illegal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun by Myself2(m): 5:20am On Jan 20, 2020
oz4real83:
This is time for Nigerians to unite against evil. Whatever you do to secure yourself is constitutional. No matter what anybody says or does, as far as Hisbah was allowed to operate in the north, Amotekun and others must also be allowed to operate in other regions.

I agree with you
Re: Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun by Myself2(m): 5:20am On Jan 20, 2020
Xisnin:
The governors do not need the president's approval to set up a security system.

You're right
Re: Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun by MayorofLagos(m): 5:24am On Jan 20, 2020
Kinikini:
The Hausa Fulanis are so afraid of a disintegrated Nigeria. But, why?

quote author=AtikuNetwork post=85920637]

https://thenationonlineng.net/why-buharis-men-security-chiefs-oppose-operation-amotekun/

Because Amotekun destroys their fulanization and islamization agenda. This is why they are furious.
Re: Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun by MillerJnr(m): 5:29am On Jan 20, 2020
GidiWoodsMan:

state police. my bad

the southwest governors are trying to put together a regional outfit though, uniform structure but I'm sure each governor would be the boss in charge of the forces within his own state.

no governor would be foolish enough to allow a colleague wield power within his domain. monkey done mature smiley
thank you
Re: Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun by MayorofLagos(m): 5:36am On Jan 20, 2020
GidiWoodsMan:

state police. my bad

the southwest governors are trying to put together a regional outfit though, uniform structure but I'm sure each governor would be the boss in charge of the forces within his own state.

no governor would be foolish enough to allow a colleague wield power within his domain. monkey done mature smiley

Remember it was conceived under a regional development plan facilitated by DAWN.

Security is part of development. Too early to say but I believe political consultants will advise them to run it as an independent institution answerable to the Houses of Assembly, and not the Governor because the HoA is the peoples congress.
Re: Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun by ofiko123(m): 6:16am On Jan 20, 2020
Sai buhari the president is really working..
Re: Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun by supereagle(m): 8:33am On Jan 20, 2020
Oshigun:

Myopic. You think Buhari and Tinubu will last forever? You think Yorubas are like others who are one-way traffic and only know how to make empty noise? The only thing constant in life is change. We cannot go on as things are regarding security. The North, whether they like it or not, will have to embrace liberalism and tolerance when in power otherwise their purported superior numbers , they think will always keep them in power, will matter zilch when the Yorubas spiritually disengage from Nigeria. This is what some of us have been telling Igbos for decades. Openly shouting and gnashing teeth is not the only way to get what you want.

I have long encouraged Igbos to be more insular and go for the jugular of Nigeria, with their purported trading and economic might, if they really want Biafra. Once the power that be see that Igbos are not smiling with them economically and financially then they may grant more concession towards regional autonomy. Yorubas will succeed where Igbos fail because we are different. I therefore look forward to Buhari dissolving Amotekun, thus showing he has no regard for us and the security of Yoruba lives, as you brag in this your post. See wether the Yorubas will just accept that, continue to watch their people being slaughtered and do nothing but make noise as others have always done in Nigeria.

Do you not see prominent Yorubas, from Soyinka to FFK and PDP to APC, speaking in unison over Amotekun and telling Miyeti Allah et al to FFK their Presidency? Without Presidency, which region is best and most highly-regarded in Nigeria? Bruv, who is Buhari or Tinubu when Yorubas become spiritually wedded to a cause or pursuit?
Good analysis and observation.
Re: Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun by supereagle(m): 8:35am On Jan 20, 2020
Ritchiee:
IPOB and MASSOB did not stop Fulani herdsmen from killing 50 innocent people in Nembe,Enugu a few years ago..Nobody was arrested or prosecuted till date.This is a case of medicine after death.The Fulanis are the ones who had severally opposed amotekun.All Yorubas now know there is an ulterior motive behind the movement of the Fulanis going by their jittery utterances since the creation of amotekun.This is just a tale by moonlight.Amotekun stays.
ON OPERATION "AMOTEKUN":

"When you hear your neighbour(s) complaining bitterly that your fence is too high and that your gate is too strong, it's clear who the thieves are".
Re: Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun by durangokid: 10:02am On Jan 20, 2020
Blue3k:
The ultimate solution is to amend the constitution to allow any tier of government to have their own police force and prisons. It also be smart to amend exclusive list item 2 and 1990 fire arms act. Stop the half measures and just do the hard work.
. Hausa fulani advising for amendment to the Constitution as their total number they gave to themselves in the national assembly will not stand it down, that trick is no more working, Nigerians are wise now
Re: Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun by TruthinAction: 12:00pm On Jan 20, 2020
The main reason is that it will frustrate their fulanization agenda. If they stop the implementation, it might result to another civil war. We are tired of people being killed under the watchful eyes of this government.
Re: Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun by Blue3k(m): 2:00pm On Jan 20, 2020
durangokid:
. Hausa fulani advising for amendment to the Constitution as their total number they gave to themselves in the national assembly will not stand it down, that trick is no more working, Nigerians are wise now

You mean the same core north that wants their own version of Amotekun? If you do simple math you only need support from 24 states. That means only 1 core north state has to agree. The sell is easy especially if they want more power conferred to themselves.

Re: Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun by Edu3Again: 5:56pm On Jan 20, 2020
ernieboy:
does the word ametokun mean tiger?

Bros even if it means pigeon, we get the idea
Re: Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun by Nobody: 8:13pm On Jan 20, 2020
If Amotekun will not bear arms what then is the use. They'll just serve as sitting ducks to the arms bearing Fulani herdsmen.
Re: Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun by engrchykae(m): 8:38pm On Jan 20, 2020
GideonIdaboh:
With all fairness to the north, they should rule for an additional 16years before handing over power to south coz south comprises of south west and south east/south. My opinion is based on this, if north rules for 8years, the Yoruba's rule for 8 years and the IBO's rule for 8years, that would be cheating to the north coz when you refer to the north, there are other regions which the south is refusing to accept. If the south can be splitted into 2 regions on the basis of who produces the president, then the north should equally split too. Not forgetting that a certain region in the south occupied power for 6 years just recently.
I'd advise us to be objective in analyzing the transiency of which region produces the next president.
thunder fire whoever brought the idea of north south dichotomy.
Before Independence we were three regions.
The northern,Eastern and western.
But the north in order to cheat everyone started talking of north versus south so that they would exempt the igbos who seemed more daring.
Already the mechanism of destabilization have been installed which is Boko Haram.
The foolish religious extremists up north think they are fighting for Islamic republic not knowing the USA planted Boko Haram to destabilize Nigeria as early as 2003.
They had expected Nigeria to break up by 2015.
Those who are forming amotekun had a reliable source of information.
Re: Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun by engrchykae(m): 8:41pm On Jan 20, 2020
Osagyefo98:
No provision for regional security arrangement in the 1999 Constitution or any law Alleged backdoor approach to reintroduce regional autonomy/ government structure Defence, Police and Security architecture on the Exclusive List in sections 2, 17 and 45 of the Second Schedule to the 1999 Constitution.

This makes regional Amotekun illegal. Let Yorubas push for constitutional review to make their regional Amotekun legal

This is FG real fear. Nothingelse.

Meanwhile in all........This is the real reason for the fear grin

No argument on this.

So If SW aren't been mischievous they should push for constitutional review and also insertion of referendum in our constitution ie full restructuring to accommodate their regional Amotekun and backed constitutionally to take off.

You can't be against constitutional review and want regional Amotekun to work
whenever the south is concerned,you lots would refer us to the commandments you called Constitution but when you were adopting Sharia law and forming it's attendant police hisbah,you threw the Constitution away.
Re: Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun by Insectkiller: 11:07am On Jan 21, 2020
Who is Malami??
Does he have integrity??
Is he a just man or an ordinary puppet??

What about Hisbah?? Civilian JTF??..

Why is he criticizing every good things that come out of d Southern part of d country??

Who is he Malami??
Re: Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun by Functionoftime(m): 10:23am On Jan 22, 2020
vikithor:
Interesting times interesting game,yellow bar slaves vs northern masters.the stronger will be seen in a short time.For me its a humour don't know bout thee.
Learn how to drive professionally
Call/WhatsApp below
You are using this account to promote your business and also promoting tribalism. That's not so smart of you
Re: Why Buhari’s Men, Security Chiefs Oppose Operation Amotekun by AmuDimpka: 11:03am On Mar 20, 2020
OROSUNBOLB:

Oodua a gbe e omo Iya mi. I am tired of telling whoever cares to listen here that Yorubas are different specie of Africans and that when we are ready to want out of Nigeria, no force on earth can stop us. We are the binding spiritual force that keeps together all other ethnic nationalities that make up Nigeria. i just don't know how else to make these people understand that we are not just another Nigerians. Yoruba people are not just another Nigerians; we are different !

LoL

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Kayode Ogundamisi Blasts Femi Fani-Kayode And His Father, Remilekun Fani-Kayode / President Jonathan's Daughter's Wedding Venue Decor (Photos) / Asari Dokubo: "Don't Wish Me Happy Independence Day, I'm Not A Nigerian"

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.