Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,310 members, 7,808,046 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:42 AM

This Is How 'slay Queens' Will Rubbish NYSC Uniform If Allowed To Wear Skirts - NYSC (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / This Is How 'slay Queens' Will Rubbish NYSC Uniform If Allowed To Wear Skirts (143017 Views)

We Want Skirts Included In NYSC Uniform - Serve With Skirts Movement Protests / Lady Turns Her NYSC Uniform Into A Wrapper & Blouse, Rocks It As She Passes Out / Deeper Life Corper Turns Her NYSC Uniform Into Skirt In Sokoto (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: This Is How 'slay Queens' Will Rubbish NYSC Uniform If Allowed To Wear Skirts by doggedfighter(f): 7:59pm On Jan 19, 2020
Trousers all the way
Re: This Is How 'slay Queens' Will Rubbish NYSC Uniform If Allowed To Wear Skirts by Lordapson23(m): 8:03pm On Jan 19, 2020
Davash222:

So, is NYSC a security force

Learn to align your brain with your phone before you post.

Pls manage bro

Re: This Is How 'slay Queens' Will Rubbish NYSC Uniform If Allowed To Wear Skirts by Nobody: 8:06pm On Jan 19, 2020
Davash222:
How a group of frustrated feminists would wake up one morning and decide to go against a Law that has been in existence even before they were born is what I don’t understand. Nobody force you to serve, if you’re not comfortable with their rules, GTFO!!

Ashawos!!!!

Deeper life females are now feminists?

You are just a frustrated baboon with no creativity left in your cum head brain.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: This Is How 'slay Queens' Will Rubbish NYSC Uniform If Allowed To Wear Skirts by Articul8(m): 8:06pm On Jan 19, 2020
after they will accuse NYSC officials of harassment
Re: This Is How 'slay Queens' Will Rubbish NYSC Uniform If Allowed To Wear Skirts by abdullkabar(m): 8:07pm On Jan 19, 2020
If they like, let them rant like wild fire.
We ain't changing anything, just got of the phone with the DG, oga is not even seeing it as a topic of dialogue.

But really, wetin do the trouser
If they allow them wear skirt now and its abuse follow suite, na still them go rant.
I think the trouser is perfect, with the way it makes them smart.
But they prefer skirt
Re: This Is How 'slay Queens' Will Rubbish NYSC Uniform If Allowed To Wear Skirts by Savagethe21st(m): 8:09pm On Jan 19, 2020
Lol our slayqueens always looking good..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46evIaq53ig Hey I'm a 17 yr old producer doing it all on his own and I'll appreciate if y'all check my beats out and show some love.I'm not trying to be annoying just wanna pursue my dreams

1 Like

Re: This Is How 'slay Queens' Will Rubbish NYSC Uniform If Allowed To Wear Skirts by bukatyne(f): 8:15pm On Jan 19, 2020
undecided

Skirt to camp?

Skirt to do all the activities corpers are expected to participate in?

Funny at children of God (skirt wearers) are different from children of the world (trousers wearers).

If the girls were more serious, they would get bigger sized trousers and wear long tops.
Re: This Is How 'slay Queens' Will Rubbish NYSC Uniform If Allowed To Wear Skirts by Lordapson23(m): 8:16pm On Jan 19, 2020
nextstep:

The irony for me is that at the time the dress code was made in 70s, it was frowned upon for women to wear trousers in this country, so initially women wore skirts for NYSC. How times change. Now it's frowned upon if you insist on wearing skirts in some organizations. Humans are funny sha.

Nonetheless, to address this post:

1 - To get a job, or political appointment, you virtually have to serve. Serving is all but compulsory, not a practical choice anymore
2 - The dress code for trousers has merit: hard to run, or perform certain activities with a long skirt.
3 - Some women prefer to wear skirts (or are compelled by their religion, culture, etc) to do so.

Since trousers are more practical for the kind of duties/activities NYSC requires, yet the country virtually compels one to serve, this issue needs to be resolved. Not by abusing people, but by considering all variables with sincerity.

Uniforms requirements are made by committee, and can be modified by the same committee to accommodate changing times.

Are you saying people that ran part time programs can't get jobs?

1 Like

Re: This Is How 'slay Queens' Will Rubbish NYSC Uniform If Allowed To Wear Skirts by gregyboy(m): 8:21pm On Jan 19, 2020
sosa993:

I assure you, the protesters are not feminists. In fact, there were more men marching alongside than the concerned gender. Asking the govt to allow women wear skirts is like protesting one’s gender into some bondage.

Yes na....

There should be no room for feminism women always makes wrong decisions that affect man kind negatively
And men gets to suffer from it more
If the government gets to approve this on religious grounds ,the effect its going to be bore on the men on unnecessary sexual distractions and harassment from the female folks and when cases like rapes occurs in camp all blames goes to the man
Re: This Is How 'slay Queens' Will Rubbish NYSC Uniform If Allowed To Wear Skirts by ffo(m): 8:23pm On Jan 19, 2020
Davash222:
How a group of frustrated feminists would wake up one morning and decide to go against a Law that has been in existence even before they were born is what I don’t understand. Nobody force you to serve, if you’re not comfortable with their rules, GTFO!!

Ashawos!!!!
When Muslims started protesting on wearing Hijab with the uniform, you guys said worst things, learn to stand on what you believe.

2 Likes

Re: This Is How 'slay Queens' Will Rubbish NYSC Uniform If Allowed To Wear Skirts by bukatyne(f): 8:26pm On Jan 19, 2020
gregyboy:

Yes na....

There should be no room for feminism women always makes wrong decisions that affect man kind negatively
And men gets to suffer from it more
If the government gets to approve this on religious grounds ,the effect its going to be bore on the men on unnecessary sexual distractions and harassment from the female folks and when cases like rapes occurs in camp all blames goes to the man

I don't support the skirt stuff because of the activities in camp however, the bold is funny undecided

If the Govt approves the skirt, it is obvious they would have an approved length and style.

Just however nobody has changed the trousers to bum shorts, nobody can change the skirts to be shorter or tighter. undecided
Re: This Is How 'slay Queens' Will Rubbish NYSC Uniform If Allowed To Wear Skirts by watchindelta(m): 8:28pm On Jan 19, 2020
I no understand! So do all girls sleep with boy at NYNC Camp? Abeg someone tell me?

1 Like

Re: This Is How 'slay Queens' Will Rubbish NYSC Uniform If Allowed To Wear Skirts by SEGLIZ: 8:28pm On Jan 19, 2020
Thegeneralqueen:
I don't see anything wrong with the dressing up there men should stop telling women how to dress

you need sense, kindly follow the instructions below.

Re: This Is How 'slay Queens' Will Rubbish NYSC Uniform If Allowed To Wear Skirts by vickney: 8:31pm On Jan 19, 2020
Davash222:

So, is NYSC a security force

Learn to align your brain with your phone before you post.
See who is trying to correct who, oga remove the beam in ur eyes so you can see clearly to remove the spec in your brothers eyes.... If no be for something I for say u be ode

1 Like

Re: This Is How 'slay Queens' Will Rubbish NYSC Uniform If Allowed To Wear Skirts by blowjohn(m): 8:31pm On Jan 19, 2020
ghettokid1:

80% of them na ashawo's

80 per cent of them cant hold a conversation in any of the arts or sciences. Naija girls tire me abeg.
Re: This Is How 'slay Queens' Will Rubbish NYSC Uniform If Allowed To Wear Skirts by Rhea(f): 8:32pm On Jan 19, 2020
ghettokid1:
Last week, an advocacy group took to the streets to hold a peaceful protest to demand for the inclusion of skirts as part of the uniform for the National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) the group which identified itself simply as serve with skirts movement had gathered at the fountain in abuja with placards to claim they have been forced to year trousers against their religious belief.

As the controversy rages on, there are fears that if the corps members are allowed to wear skirts, some may hijack the gesture as an opportunity to wear sexy, tight and thigh revealing skirts.

Even before the recent demand for skirts to be allowed, several instagram 'slay queens' had dazzled their followers with their attempt to appear sexually appealling in their NYSC uniforms, as we can see few of them in the photos below.

SOURCE:
http://lucky-wap-ams.op-mobile.opera.com/newsDetail/s620a2c7f200119en_ng?time=15+minutes+ago&uid=d1c71ff7ae20030d9a86947b9228ad54&country=ng&language=en&page=1

Maybe they want to sample their coucou to those randy soldiers in camp.
Let them live their life
Re: This Is How 'slay Queens' Will Rubbish NYSC Uniform If Allowed To Wear Skirts by Vokians(m): 8:33pm On Jan 19, 2020
Thegeneralqueen:
I don't see anything wrong with the dressing up there men should stop telling women how to dress
Since you didn't see anything wrong that is why they are trying hard to make you see the wrong.
Re: This Is How 'slay Queens' Will Rubbish NYSC Uniform If Allowed To Wear Skirts by olamikhail(m): 8:34pm On Jan 19, 2020
Question is are the other military and para military organizations allowed to wear skirts?.
Also if its worn for operational purposes or ceremonial purposes.
I doubt if I have seen a lady on the parade ground wearing skirt,but its quite easy to see one wearing it in the office.
Also I feel the argument against it based on Instagram posts is subjective,biased and statistically inadequate to arrive at a conclusion to not allow skirts in the National Youth Service Corp.

1 Like

Re: This Is How 'slay Queens' Will Rubbish NYSC Uniform If Allowed To Wear Skirts by vickney: 8:35pm On Jan 19, 2020
Lordapson23:

Pls manage bro

He didn't say it's a force, he was asking a question if that's how the security forces wear their skirt please read again and understand... See pot dey call kettle black...
Re: This Is How 'slay Queens' Will Rubbish NYSC Uniform If Allowed To Wear Skirts by Exodora: 8:35pm On Jan 19, 2020
blackboy:
Is that how the slay queens on the Nigerians security forces wear their uniform skirts? Skirts and trousers should be allowed for NYSC . If not let them shut down the programme.
It has been turned to a business ventures for those who control the country.
What is this one saying , are you ok at all? The above picture did not ring a bell to your ears. Imagine the way they shape their trousers , what do you think if allowed to wear skirt. Do you think any body will want to wear trousers if given that opportunity to wear skirt , don't you think they will rubbish the image of the NYSC .
Re: This Is How 'slay Queens' Will Rubbish NYSC Uniform If Allowed To Wear Skirts by Originalsly: 8:44pm On Jan 19, 2020
Hmmm..... is any member of the advocacy group presently serving?.... ever served?.... is of a religion that does not allow women to wear trousers? ... do they ever wear trousers? I'm sure they have a hidden agenda. Those who want to not wear trousers but skirts for religious reasons should be allowed.mmm but must be at all times in ground sweeping length skirts.
Re: This Is How 'slay Queens' Will Rubbish NYSC Uniform If Allowed To Wear Skirts by piagetskinner(m): 8:46pm On Jan 19, 2020
Nothing wey ponmo no go see Inside ogbonno
Re: This Is How 'slay Queens' Will Rubbish NYSC Uniform If Allowed To Wear Skirts by TheRedpillguy: 8:46pm On Jan 19, 2020
Davash222:

Ashawos!!!!
My Niggah
Re: This Is How 'slay Queens' Will Rubbish NYSC Uniform If Allowed To Wear Skirts by nextstep(m): 8:48pm On Jan 19, 2020
Lordapson23:
Are you saying people that ran part time programs can't get jobs?

I'm saying, if one want to be eligible for careers and promotions in many (if not most) organizations - in private sector and government - one will have to do NYSC. Those who don't do NYSC are practically relegated to the informal sector (or having to be create their own business); at any rate, it's much harder for the average person to secure employment without that service.

One's career prospects, potential earnings, and political appointments can be negatively impacted because of not doing NYSC. Based on that, I think it's unfair to call NYSC a "voluntary service".
Re: This Is How 'slay Queens' Will Rubbish NYSC Uniform If Allowed To Wear Skirts by Pafexin(m): 8:54pm On Jan 19, 2020
blackboy:
Is that how the slay queens on the Nigerians security forces wear their uniform skirts? Skirts and trousers should be allowed for NYSC . If not let them shut down the programme.

So NYSC too is an arm of security forces? Besides, who tell you say there re slay queens in the Arms Forces? They may enter Depot as queens but b4 they come out of jungle after 6months instead of slaying em' go dey shout MURRAR HAI! grin
Re: This Is How 'slay Queens' Will Rubbish NYSC Uniform If Allowed To Wear Skirts by Lessel: 8:55pm On Jan 19, 2020
Wahala dey o.
Re: This Is How 'slay Queens' Will Rubbish NYSC Uniform If Allowed To Wear Skirts by TheRedpillguy: 8:57pm On Jan 19, 2020
Thegeneralqueen:
This is the problem right here. I can't tell you what to do and you can't tell me what to do. Less see how that works out when you start loosing your power which is most of the time your sexuality and looking at how Nigerian ladies are lazy and don't know anything about diet plan, it comes very fast. Me? Lol am good, I don't want tell women any thing, will love not to hear from them too. Less just fvck
P. S. Nobody cares about the money you make and you can only have influence if men back you up.
Re: This Is How 'slay Queens' Will Rubbish NYSC Uniform If Allowed To Wear Skirts by Laid2001: 8:57pm On Jan 19, 2020
Who join you to form madness.
How does what someone else wants to wear affects you.
Skirts is for women in this country. And NYSC is a paramilitary service.

Even for the military, some are allowed to wear skirts.

And to the hijab, that's what obtains in decent developed climes. The Sikhs are allowed to wear their turban, the muslims their hijab and the Jews their skull caps.

It's a free world when it comes to religion.

themonk:
If Muslim lawyers and corpers are permitted to wear Hijab, Christian corpers must be permitted to wear skirts too. Since we are all mad in this country and cannot differentiate between religion and state.

Even female soldiers should be permitted to wear skirts and Hijab. Mad people.
Re: This Is How 'slay Queens' Will Rubbish NYSC Uniform If Allowed To Wear Skirts by gregyboy(m): 8:58pm On Jan 19, 2020
bukatyne:

I don't support the skirt stuff because of the activities in camp however, the bold is funny undecided

If the Govt approves the skirt, it is obvious they would have an approved length and style.

Just however nobody has changed the trousers to bum shorts, nobody can change the skirts to be shorter or tighter. undecided

What about when they go for training , and they have to make jumps or climbs and they start seeing their skirt flying...and it causes distraction

My people perish because of what!!!
?
Re: This Is How 'slay Queens' Will Rubbish NYSC Uniform If Allowed To Wear Skirts by Skmoda360(m): 9:09pm On Jan 19, 2020
blackboy:
Shut up my dear...you are not making sense at all....it has been like that before you were born and it will remain till Jesus came or till Nigeria secede..
Re: This Is How 'slay Queens' Will Rubbish NYSC Uniform If Allowed To Wear Skirts by themonk(m): 9:14pm On Jan 19, 2020
Laid2001:
Who join you to form madness.
How does what someone else wants to wear affects you.
Skirts is for women in this country. And NYSC is a paramilitary service.

Even for the military, some are allowed to wear skirts.

And to the hijab, that's what obtains in decent developed climes. The Sikhs are allowed to wear their turban, the muslims their hijab and the Jews their skull caps.

It's a free world when it comes to religion.

Which military allows women to wear skirts during active service?

Or can you name any other country were skirt is worn for their compulsory civilian service?
Re: This Is How 'slay Queens' Will Rubbish NYSC Uniform If Allowed To Wear Skirts by Omar09(m): 9:17pm On Jan 19, 2020
It's sexy on them, so why not?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

NYSC 2014 Batch C (Stream II) / Your Congratulatory Message To Batch A Corpers Passing Out / Prospective NYSC Batch C 2012 Family (house 2)- A Better House

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.