Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,785 members, 7,802,446 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

Mobile Phone Explode - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Mobile Phone Explode (1787 Views)

Can You Do Without Your Mobile Phone For A Day? / Mobile Phone Voice Changer Software Needed / How can I scan my mobile phone for viruses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mobile Phone Explode by chuksme(m): 4:46pm On Dec 07, 2010
Aron Embry, who was in Cedar Hill, Texas, said he had just finished a call when he said he heard a loud "pop."

He then felt something trickling down his face - it was blood.

His ear was bleeding profusely, and he was immediately taken to the emergency room at Parkland Memorial Hospital in Dallas. He received four stitches, but said there was no hearing loss.

The glass on the face of the Motorola Droid smartphone shattered. He said he had bought it just two days earlier.

"Once I got to the mirror and saw it, it was only then I kind of looked at my phone and realised that the screen had appeared to burst outward," he said.

The phone still appeared to be functioning with its battery intactMotorola issued the following statement:

"Motorola's priority is, and always has been the safety of our customers, and all Motorola products are designed, manufactured and tested to meet or exceed international and local standards for consumer safety. We will reach out to the consumer and investigate this thoroughly."

An exploding phone is rare, it is not unique.

An Indian man was killed when the Nokia cell phone he was using exploded in his face in August.

Gopal Gujjar, 23, was found dead with burns to his left ear, neck and shoulders, near a farm in Bandha village close to the city of Kota in the northern Indian state of Rajasthan, The Times of India reported.

Mr Gujjar had apparently gone to the forest to graze cattle about noon and was believed to be talking on the phone when it exploded.

Police found pieces of the Nokia 1209 handset, a basic model released in August 2008, scattered nearby.

In January this year, a 27-year-old housewife in Andhra Pradesh, on the southeastern coast of India, was killed while talking to her husband on a charging phone.

Re: Mobile Phone Explode by Emmyk(m): 12:30am On Dec 08, 2010
Wierd. I only know it's possible when receiving/making call(s) during rain fall

Re: Mobile Phone Explode by WackyJ1(m): 7:17pm On Dec 08, 2010
Hmmm phone's have become terrorists weapons. As for the other two claims about Nokia. I don't believe it. Either Indian Juju carried out through nokia or fake indian Nokia phones

(1) (Reply)

How To Move My Contacts From My N8 To My New PHANTOM A+ / Trend For Kwara State Ilorin / New Android Plan From Airtel, Will Other Networks Follow Suit?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.