Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,455 members, 7,808,618 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:21 PM

My DDR Shepherd Puppy - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / My DDR Shepherd Puppy (2649 Views)

Picture Gallery Of My Pack - Rottweilers And DDR German Shepherds / CAESAR & KHALEESI - My German Shepherd Dogs (DDR Bloodlines) / Diarry Of Capt. Muller (my DDR GSD) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My DDR Shepherd Puppy by Gsdbrov: 8:45am On Jan 20, 2020
Meet Zara, I got her late December, initially I paid for two slants but I got a showline and a workline , the WL which happens to be zara. She is east German pedigree, At first i wondered why she's thicker than the male who looks like a traditional slantback/showline, I had to research, until I saw her semblance to a ddr. She was an expensive buy too, I spent 300k to purchase her plus finder's fee.

1 Like

Re: My DDR Shepherd Puppy by Gsdbrov: 8:55am On Jan 20, 2020
This is the puppy picture I saw on a breeder's website that made me conclude Zara is a DDR gsd.

Am I right?

1 Like

Re: My DDR Shepherd Puppy by Gsdbrov: 9:22am On Jan 20, 2020
Her recent picture, she's 13 weeks now.

P.s: her color is black and tan, my phone camera reddens her tan

3 Likes

Re: My DDR Shepherd Puppy by Namdeenero(m): 12:32pm On Jan 20, 2020
Dope puppy bro!!!! I got one too, showline... his name is Cliff, 10weeks old

1 Like

Re: My DDR Shepherd Puppy by Eveezy(m): 1:15pm On Jan 20, 2020
Everybody don dey upgrade dey buy showline, I go soon join una

1 Like

Re: My DDR Shepherd Puppy by Gsdbrov: 3:03pm On Jan 20, 2020
Namdeenero:
Dope puppy bro!!!! I got one too, showline... his name is Cliff, 10weeks old

Pretty pup you got there. How is his temperament? My showline is less agile, he's west European, his coat is red and black not tan. Zara is much more agile, she's acts like the alpha.

Meet Kane, he's 7 weeks old here.

1 Like

Re: My DDR Shepherd Puppy by Eveezy(m): 6:26pm On Jan 20, 2020
How is it that you don’t know if your dog is DDR or not, it may have more black now but will grow, if truly you bought at 300k, then they should be pedigree, you didn’t check the pedigree details?

Confirm so that you don’t call your dog what it is not

1 Like

Re: My DDR Shepherd Puppy by Gsdbrov: 9:58pm On Jan 20, 2020
Eveezy:
How is it that you don’t know if your dog is DDR or not, it may have more black now but will grow, if truly you bought at 300k, then they should be pedigree, you didn’t check the pedigree details?

Confirm so that you don’t call your dog what it is not

Yh you are correct, but my bro who helped buy it assured me it's pedigree, he called her a straight back gsd, I'm only getting to know the difference since I researched.
Re: My DDR Shepherd Puppy by laivwire(m): 10:12pm On Jan 20, 2020
Gsdbrov:

Yh you are correct, but my bro who helped buy it assured me it's pedigree, he called her a straight back gsd, I'm only getting to know the difference since I researched.

You paid full dough before you started your research?
I hope you're purchasing for personal and not business interests.
Re: My DDR Shepherd Puppy by vincentjk(m): 10:31pm On Jan 20, 2020
Gsdbrov:

He called??

A puppy worth 300k should have good pedigree details regardless of the breed. Nice puppy you got btw
Re: My DDR Shepherd Puppy by Gsdbrov: 2:46am On Jan 21, 2020
laivwire:

You paid full dough before you started your research?
I hope you're purchasing for personal and not business interests.

Yes I'm purchasing for personal interest, I'm no breeder but I also don't wanna buy a mutt.
Re: My DDR Shepherd Puppy by Gsdbrov: 2:51am On Jan 21, 2020
vincentjk:

He called??

A puppy worth 300k should have good pedigree details regardless of the breed. Nice puppy you got btw

Yes I paid that much for the workline, the showline (Kane) was 400k but no pedigree details, I only know the sire and dam were imported from Russia, I know it still doesn't mean anything if I don't have raw papers to prove it's pedigree.
Re: My DDR Shepherd Puppy by vincentjk(m): 8:52am On Jan 21, 2020
Gsdbrov:

Yes I paid that much for the workline, the showline (Kane) was 400k but no pedigree details, I only know the sire and dam were imported from Russia, I know it still doesn't mean anything if I don't have raw papers to prove it's pedigree.

OK sir
Re: My DDR Shepherd Puppy by jizzyfarms(m): 10:50am On Jan 21, 2020
Gsdbrov:

Prople tend to give power to pedegree papers, those with keen eyes for dogs don't need to see papers to know the quality of what they're getting..

1 Like

Re: My DDR Shepherd Puppy by Eveezy(m): 11:17am On Jan 21, 2020
jizzyfarms:

Prople tend to give power to pedegree papers, those with keen eyes for dogs don't need to see papers to know the quality of what they're getting..
Pedigree is important for you to compete world wide. It is also not just a thing of status. Pedigree enables you know how a dog was bred, take for instance, this op bought a dog and because his dog looks like some DDR online, he assumed its a DDR, a DDR cannot be identified just by look, a DDR can only be a DDR if it comes from a lineage of DDR, The acronym is not just used to hype a dog, the acronym is to state that a particular dog originates from Deutsche Demokratische Republik. And how can you know that? Through the dogs Pedigree history

1 Like

Re: My DDR Shepherd Puppy by Gsdbrov: 12:42pm On Jan 21, 2020
Eveezy:

Pedigree is important for you to compete world wide. It is also not just a thing of status. Pedigree enables you know how a dog was bred, take for instance, this op bought a dog and because his dog looks like some DDR online, he assumed its a DDR, a DDR cannot be identified just by look, a DDR can only be a DDR if it comes from a lineage of DDR, The acronym is not just used to hype a dog, the acronym is to state that a particular dog originates from Deutsche Demokratische Republik. And how can you know that? Through the dogs Pedigree history

Yes you are correct but there are instances where the dog has no pedigree details but physical appearance and features can lead one toward knowing it's right line (that's if you know what you are looking for). The issue isn't if it is pure or not, i have called for the sire and dam's papers btw.

From my research,

she's DDR, she can't be Czech WL, although similar. She isn't.
she can never ever be West German WL pedigree. Their structures are physically different.

My reason for posting on here wasn't to get criticized, I just want more observations from nairalanders. I can't mate Kane and Zara together, mating a SL and WL is a no no for me, First generations SL-WL mixes is usually a hit and miss as thus never come out well structure wise.
Re: My DDR Shepherd Puppy by jizzyfarms(m): 1:16pm On Jan 21, 2020
Eveezy:

I understand ur point very well sir, it's infact important for a breeder buying a ped or a bloodline to see d papers, other than business y disturb urself? I'm sure half the pple always asking about ped papers won't even recognise a fake paper but yet, with ur experience I'm sure you know there are bloodlines of 3-4 generations that came out better than the real deal, having or seeing the papers is important if you intend to use for business, but at the same time it dosnt gurantee anything, about a decade ago myself n a friend went to get his first dog, a security dog from a reputable breeder, an almost-matured male dog for stud, we saw the papers of the parents, dat rott was d oddest rott I've seen, d dog was a freaking shy dog even at maturity, always hiding.. d guy wanted a ped or blood line because then our believe was dog lik dat would b maaaaaad, n he got a sheep in a rott's skin. If u see what u like go for it if u can, no b by papers, na only u need d papers, if u get visitors n dey admire ur dog they wont ask to see d papers even if u told them its a ped.. e no pass compliments, just like our education in naija, if u say u didnt further after secondary school you will be tagged illiterate for life, but tell dem u studied this, you served already, still job searching, weatin u go hear na Just Keep praying n leave the rest to God, at least you don try because no b everybody go school, no worry God go do am.. nobody cares to have a copy of ur cv to help forward... u get my point?
Re: My DDR Shepherd Puppy by Eveezy(m): 1:24pm On Jan 21, 2020
Gsdbrov:

Yes you are correct but there are instances where the dog has no pedigree details but physical appearance and features can lead one toward knowing it's right line (that's if you know what you are looking for). The issue isn't if it is pure or not, i have called for the sire and dam's papers btw.

From my research,

she's DDR, she can't be Czech WL, although similar. She isn't.
she can never ever be West German WL pedigree. Their structures are physically different.

My reason for posting on here wasn't to get criticized, I just want more observations from nairalanders. I can't mate Kane and Zara together, mating a SL and WL is a no no for me, First generations SL-WL mixes is usually a hit and miss as thus never come out well structure wise.

What if I post a pup that is a mixture of both DDR and Czech, how would you tell that is a mixture of both? You can’t tell a dog origin by looks alone. That is just my point.

And I am sorry I am not criticizing you, I am just giving my observation that you should not be quick to call your pup a DDR, you can say a working line, but since you are not sure, it’s best you just confirm.

And my previous comment was to that other guy. You have wonderful pups and there is high possibility that they are actually from pedigree parents, and you don’t need a paper for that. All that is needed is to confirm the parents pedigree so as to ascertain the line.

Super pups, the only reason why am talking more on the issue is that am a Gsd fancier too like you.

Also note that a dog can be registered in the pedigree database, registered online
Re: My DDR Shepherd Puppy by Gsdbrov: 2:47pm On Jan 21, 2020
Eveezy:

What if I post a pup that is a mixture of both DDR and Czech, how would you tell that is a mixture of both? You can’t tell a dog origin by looks alone. That is just my point.

And I am sorry I am not criticizing you, I am just giving my observation that you should not be quick to call your pup a DDR, you can say a working line, but since you are not sure, it’s best you just confirm.

And my previous comment was to that other guy. You have wonderful pups and there is high possibility that they are actually from pedigree parents, and you don’t need a paper for that. All that is needed is to confirm the parents pedigree so as to ascertain the line.

Super pups, the only reason why am talking more on the issue is that am a Gsd fancier too like you.

Also note that a dog can be registered in the pedigree database, registered online

Yes you are correct, I wouldn't know if she's a czech/DDR mix, but damn! worklines are fun to own, I see my self fancying Zara much more than kane.. he's too damn reserved. once I get the pedigree details, I'll update you guys.

About the ped registration, are you saying Kane and Zara can be registered online?
Re: My DDR Shepherd Puppy by Gsdbrov: 3:03pm On Jan 21, 2020
This is Kane now, he's 12 weeks, Zara is a week older than he is.

1 Like

Re: My DDR Shepherd Puppy by Eveezy(m): 3:03pm On Jan 21, 2020
Gsdbrov:

Yes you are correct, I wouldn't know if she's a czech/DDR mix, but damn! worklines are fun to own, I see my self fancying Zara much more than kane.. he's too damn reserved. once I get the pedigree details, I'll update you guys.

About the ped registration, are you saying Kane and Zara can be registered online?
If both parents are peds, contact your breeder for assistance, as you need the breeders permission to
Re: My DDR Shepherd Puppy by Gsdbrov: 3:06pm On Jan 21, 2020
Eveezy:

If both parents are peds, contact your breeder for assistance, as you need the breeders permission to

Okay, hope the registration process isn't tideous, I mean like DNA test and the rest?
Re: My DDR Shepherd Puppy by Eveezy(m): 3:15pm On Jan 21, 2020
Gsdbrov:

Okay, hope the registration process isn't tideous, I mean like DNA test and the rest?
The breeder is the one that will register the dog as it was bred by him

1 Like

Re: My DDR Shepherd Puppy by WuzzyTech: 10:32pm On Jan 22, 2020
Eveezy:

Guy shutup your mouth!!! His dog is a DDR !! Jealousy kee you there, someone that cannot afford fowl is coming here to form jagaban

@OP disregard this clown ....peace out!!
Re: My DDR Shepherd Puppy by Eveezy(m): 11:11pm On Jan 22, 2020
WuzzyTech:

Guy shutup your mouth!!! His dog is a DDR !! Jealousy kee you there, someone that cannot afford fowl is coming here to form jagaban

@OP disregard this clown ....peace out!!
It’s funny how the op understood my point, but a lowlife who has no connection with the issue had to come out to bark like an under fed dog.

Kindly quote me when I said the dog is not a ddr.
Advising someone who spent good money to buy a good dog to meet the breeder to confirm its lineage is bad?

I do not want to exchange words with you
Re: My DDR Shepherd Puppy by Eveezy(m): 11:16pm On Jan 22, 2020
Gsdbrov:
This is Kane now, he's 12 weeks, Zara is a week older than he is.
Please where is your location?
Re: My DDR Shepherd Puppy by Gsdbrov: 12:13pm On Jan 23, 2020
Eveezy:

Please where is your location?

Lagos, why?
Re: My DDR Shepherd Puppy by jizzyfarms(m): 12:55pm On Jan 23, 2020
Eveezy:

It’s funny how the op understood my point, but a lowlife who has no connection with the issue had to come out to bark like an under fed dog.

Kindly quote me when I said the dog is not a ddr.
Advising someone who spent good money to buy a good dog to meet the breeder to confirm its lineage is bad?

I do not want to exchange words with you

Bros ignore that comment, he didnt make one valid point, nairaland is home to more negative souls, I'm lik 200% sure that person wouldnt know the difference between a workingline gsd and a cauc/gsd cross.. u pass that level abeg
Re: My DDR Shepherd Puppy by Eveezy(m): 1:42pm On Jan 23, 2020
Gsdbrov:

Lagos, why?
I will like to follow up on your boy as a stud as I am in Lagos too.

Do you mind sharing a pic of him standing?
Re: My DDR Shepherd Puppy by Eveezy(m): 1:44pm On Jan 23, 2020
jizzyfarms:

Bros ignore that comment, he didnt make one valid point, nairaland is home to more negative souls, I'm lik 200% sure that person wouldnt know the difference between a workingline gsd and a cauc/gsd cross.. u pass that level abeg
Thanks, it is well
Re: My DDR Shepherd Puppy by doyin68: 6:27pm On Jan 28, 2020
Gsdbrov:
Meet Zara, I got her late December, initially I paid for two slants but I got a showline and a workline , the WL which happens to be zara. She is east German pedigree, At first i wondered why she's thicker than the male who looks like a traditional slantback/showline, I had to research, until I saw her semblance to a ddr. She was an expensive buy too, I spent 300k to purchase her plus finder's fee.

Please, can I have ur number or email so I can speak to you as I want to know ur source for this puppy
Re: My DDR Shepherd Puppy by Sola2010: 4:49pm On Jan 31, 2020
This is Nikkie at six months old.A DDR German shepherd female puppy.

(1) (2) (Reply)

13 Weeks Old Rottweiler And German Shepard Mix..vaccinated And Dewormed To Date / My Female Caucasian Puppy Growing Into A Big Monster For Sale / Male Pugs 125k Each(1 Left…Last man standing) Accepting offers (SOLD)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.