Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,724 members, 7,805,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:25 AM

How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry - Foreign Affairs (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry (48025 Views)

Prince Harry, Meghan Involved In 'near Catastrophic Chase' / Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike / Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by africandollar: 2:11am On Jan 21, 2020
Pay those biased English reporters no mind, they should leave our daughter alone o! Or else... angry

1 Like

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Temple1288(m): 2:11am On Jan 21, 2020
Meghan the Bad Egg.. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Yxxx: 2:15am On Jan 21, 2020
This matter pass me because my fear for harry is hope the sacrifice is worth it. Meghan likes her freedom but she should also know that marrying a prince entails a lot.
I understood it as a child from my cartoons.

2 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by chukxie(m): 2:22am On Jan 21, 2020
Had Meghan been a white American would the British press had gone after her so badly? I doubt it. The British press are a bunch of racist, cork- sucking wan.kers. Remember how they tried to paint Raheem Sterling bad? Remember how Raheem Sterling called them out for being the biased lots they were? Meghan isn't perfect. She has her faults. And so does the Queen, Kate, William, Harry...We all have faults. Anyone with half a brain knows Meghan's being hated by the British press because the lady is biracial (black). Even a simpleton can figure that out. They say love whomever your heart yarns for. Harry found Meghan - a divorced biracial black American (who by the way doesn't look anything black), and married her for the love he has for her. By doing that, the broke from the norm. What's more Harry's being with Meghan would mean having a biracial kid (black to some degree) in the royal family. Poor Harry must have had disputes with the royal family from the get-go because of Meghan. In all honesty I wish Harry and Meghan nothing but happiness.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Nobody: 2:29am On Jan 21, 2020
William married Kate and no pim, she knows d rules, she knows what's expected of her. Harry married an American with their individualistic feministic ego.. Why couldn't she bend low like Kate?

Anyways, I hope she doesn't divorce d guy anytime soon cos divorce no dey like anything to Americans... Bleep up and u gone.. No b this one wey family go tell you to go beg husband wey punch you for throat dey vomit blood for 9ja.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by splashbaby(m): 2:30am On Jan 21, 2020
Hotfreez:
The British are racist and Meghan is a fool.

Meghan has had issues with her family, her father, her previous husband, his family, the British Press and the Royal family.

She is a destroyer, not a builder. She needs to marry someone like Ned Nwoko. grin
Hahahahaha you no wish NErd Well.
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Nobody: 2:31am On Jan 21, 2020
chukxie:
Had Meghan been a white American would the British press had gone after her so badly? I doubt it. The British press are a bunch of racist, cork- sucking wan.kers. Remember how they tried to paint Raheem Sterling bad? Remember how Raheem Sterling called them out for being the biased lots they were? Meghan isn't perfect. She has her faults. And so does the Queen, Kate, William, Harry...We all have faults. Anyone with half a brain knows Meghan's being hated by the British press because the lady is biracial (black). Even a simpleton can figure that out. They say love whomever your heart yarns for. Harry found Meghan - a divorced biracial black American (who by the way doesn't look anything black), and married her for the love he has for her. By doing that, the broke from the norm. What's more Harry's being with Meghan would mean having a biracial kid (black to some degree) in the royal family. Poor Harry must have had disputes with the royal family from the get-go because of Meghan. In all honesty I wish Harry and Meghan nothing but happiness.
If it were about her being biracial, trust me they wouldn't have allowed that wedding hold.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by cococandy(f): 2:31am On Jan 21, 2020
elektra:
Why TF are you people still debating Meghan and Harry? Are they your family members?

A 35 year old married man decided to move out of his grandmother’s house and set up his own business. Why is this unfathomable to you lots?
[b
Especially some Nigerian men. This matter has really pained them. They cant believe that a man like them will actually ‘leave and cleave’ like the holy book asked him [/b]to.

Those ones don’t understand that the British hate them even more than Meghan. They are busy contributing to their own self hate.

18 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Damsonkc(m): 2:32am On Jan 21, 2020
crackkhaus:

Surely you must realize that when people don't like you, it really won't matter if you're doing nothing wrong, they would still find a way to make you look bad.

The bias against Meghan was watered by none other but herself. You can see one of the articles you posted called her 'dictatorial', they may not be far from the truth.

I followed the whole ruckus leading up to their wedding in 2018 up until the wedding itself. You should not take my word for it though, you could make some findings on your own regarding just how much she tried to break almost every protocol regarding how the wedding should go.
A lot of things were changed/altered just to accommodate her preferences - from the flower choices, to the aisle leading up to the alter that was made wider because it's what she wanted, etc.. There was a lot more which I can't even recall off the top of my head.

Now no one is saying she couldn't have creative control over her own wedding, but when you marry into a monarchy that has a certain way of doing things in keeping with age-long traditions as old as her own ancestors, then she probably should have simmered down a little. She got what she wanted most of the time because the monarchy were happy enough to make Diana's little boy happy, but she took it too far and got used to it.
After the wedding, she kept trying to get them to do things her way and most of the time she would get it, but guess what, the British people only resented her for it because she was now effectually implying that their ways of doing things was not good enough for her, her own way was better...it wasn't just an emotional bride trying to make her wedding day perfect anymore, this was a woman who had no respect for the Monarchy and its ways. She confirmed what they already suspected and gave oxygen and water to the bias already working against her. And to make it worse, she was not even that big a celebrity in Hollywood in the first place.

This kind of resentment will obviously make them troll her at every given opportunity...no one holds a grudge more than the British.

If say, a single never divorced well brought-up Beyoncé (still black and American) was the one who married into the royal family, she may even get a softer landing than Meghan. If a Beyoncé DIL wanted the Queen MIL to dance single ladies inside Buckingham Palace, she may have gotten away with it, just because she is a Beyoncé. Get my point?

Meghan already had everything working against her from the start - previous failed marriage, dysfunctional family set-up, being biracial, and an American actress (not even an A-list, which may have been a plus). The least she could have done to warm her way into the hearts and minds of the British people, is to at least appear that she gave a shit about the way things are done.

I'm NOT sorry to type this, but I will because it is what it is:
Meghan did not do Windsor a favor by marrying Harry, Windsor in fact did her a favor by allowing her become a part of their family and she should have acted accordingly and not take a mile when given an inch.

It's what it is.

The mistake we make is to run along with things we read on the internet as fact. Everything you said she did wrong were things the press told you she did wrong. You were not there. You didn’t see her. You don’t know her personally. You also saw clearly that this very same press is very biased against her but you still go with them for whatever reason. Lol. What you think you know about her is simply what someone who doesn’t like her wanted you to know about her.

45 Likes 3 Shares

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by cococandy(f): 2:32am On Jan 21, 2020
@lewstherin, thanks for making this thread

4 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by cococandy(f): 2:34am On Jan 21, 2020
A lot of information going around about Meghan is false

AwkaetitiBabe:
William married Kate and no pim, she knows d rules, she knows what's expected of her. Harry married an American with their individualistic feministic ego.. Why couldn't she bend low like Kate?

Anyways, I hope she doesn't divorce d guy anytime soon cos divorce no dey like anything to Americans... Bleep up and u gone.. No b this one wey family go tell you to go beg husband wey punch you for throat dey vomit blood for 9ja.

11 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Hotfreez: 2:35am On Jan 21, 2020
[s]
chukxie:
[/s]

Did she divorce her former husband because of racism too?

Is that racism that made Meghan have issues with her biological father and her own family too?
How many of her family members did you see at her wedding? Tell me.

Megan's former husband dumped her and ran. Her father ran, her own family ran.
Shebi it is towtow that isn't allowing Harry reason straight, she would wreck him and dump him.

20 Likes 4 Shares

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by ThirtyfourKS1(m): 2:36am On Jan 21, 2020
Parablesonmarble:
Why should I care about what happens in the Royal family versus daughter-in-law soap opera. I'm far more concerned about the mess the Royal family and the British Empire caused me by joining Northern and Southern Nigeria together in an unholy, unacceptable and a total mismatch of a marriage. If they want peace inside that their Windsor or Burkingham, they should come and undo the harm they caused in Africa. Chikena. shocked

Bro those things you take for granted just because they happen far away from where you live can have a serious impact at your domain. The world is a global village like they said.

1 Like

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Hotfreez: 2:39am On Jan 21, 2020
cococandy:

Meghan has a long trail of people she has had issues with. She's too toxic to keep a family. She's a destroyer, not a builder.

Her former husband was smart enough to divorce her. Her own father and family are keeping away from her.

If she was such a good person, would she have problems with her own parents and siblings?

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by salford1: 2:44am On Jan 21, 2020
chukxie:
grin
It's been so long I heard the bolded word used. Last time I heard of it was probably when I was a student in Manchester.

Alot of right thinking people wish them happiness, but some witches and wizards (children of Lucifer) full of hate are having non of it. What does a man or woman stand to gain by hating, or wishing evil on another/others, that made adult choices like whom to marry, or how he/they choose to live their lives? It can only be mental health issues.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Nobody: 2:50am On Jan 21, 2020
cococandy:

Yes I know but I dare say she didn't help matters.. Wish them the best though atleast they can be free in Canada. But I doubt they'll ever b free in its real sense

2 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by chukxie(m): 2:55am On Jan 21, 2020
AwkaetitiBabe:
If it were about her being biracial, trust me they wouldn't have allowed that wedding hold.

So what other factors could have warranted such endless vituperation from the British press? Her being a commoner? Her being an American? Her being an independent woman? Her being divorced ? Her alleged inability to fit into royal family?

7 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by chukxie(m): 2:58am On Jan 21, 2020
salford1:

grin
It's been so long I heard the bolded word used. Last time I heard of it was probably when I was a student in Manchester.

Alot of right thinking people wish them happiness, but some witches and wizards (children of Lucifer) full of hate are having non of it. What does a man or woman stand to gain by hating, or wishing evil on another/others, that made adult choices like whom to marry, or how he/they choose to live their lives? It can only be mental health issues.

Sometimes some words are apt for describing certain situations /people.
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by jaxxy(m): 3:02am On Jan 21, 2020
Hotfreez:
The British are racist and Meghan is a fool.

Meghan has had issues with her family, her father, her previous husband, his family, the British Press and the Royal family.

She is a destroyer, not a builder. She needs to marry someone like Ned Nwoko. grin

Hmmm I hope this is wrong and I hope Meghan isn’t doing this out of sheer arrogance and feminist pride. A good wife must embrace the right values that keeps and advances her home.

If she is indeed dictatorial is will only come back to work against her. U can’t be the only wise one, respect other culture while sharing urs.

3 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by salford1: 3:03am On Jan 21, 2020
chukxie:

Sometimes some words are apt for describing certain situations /people.
Yes. Nasty people and their press hounded the couple and their innocent kid till the couple said enough and packed up. Gladly Canadians are nicer and don't have a gutter tabloid like the British.

The same nasty people hounded her mum till her death. Now that he is a man with his own family, I do not blame him for trying to prevent the same shyte/fate that befell his mum.

8 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Harvigh(m): 3:07am On Jan 21, 2020
You mean she should have allowed the monarchy dictate how her own wedding should have played out simply because like you surmised there was already a tradition in place that dictates how things should be done? What makes you think Kate didn't effect changes to the so called tradition on her wedding?
If you followed British media, you would understand what the OP pointed out.
Call it whatever you want it doesn't change the fact that its pure racism and hate that they have towards Meghan. Folks like Piers Morgan didn't hide their hatred for her at all and that goes to show you how deep it runs.
crackkhaus:

Surely you must realize that when people don't like you, it really won't matter if you're doing nothing wrong, they would still find a way to make you look bad.

The bias against Meghan was watered by none other but herself. You can see one of the articles you posted called her 'dictatorial', they may not be far from the truth.

I followed the whole ruckus leading up to their wedding in 2018 up until the wedding itself. You should not take my word for it though, you could make some findings on your own regarding just how much she tried to break almost every protocol regarding how the wedding should go.
A lot of things were changed/altered just to accommodate her preferences - from the flower choices, to the aisle leading up to the alter that was made wider because it's what she wanted, etc.. There was a lot more which I can't even recall off the top of my head.

Now no one is saying she couldn't have creative control over her own wedding, but when you marry into a monarchy that has a certain way of doing things in keeping with age-long traditions as old as her own ancestors, then she probably should have simmered down a little. She got what she wanted most of the time because the monarchy were happy enough to make Diana's little boy happy, but she took it too far and got used to it.
After the wedding, she kept trying to get them to do things her way and most of the time she would get it, but guess what, the British people only resented her for it because she was now effectually implying that their ways of doing things was not good enough for her, her own way was better...it wasn't just an emotional bride trying to make her wedding day perfect anymore, this was a woman who had no respect for the Monarchy and its ways. She confirmed what they already suspected and gave oxygen and water to the bias already working against her. And to make it worse, she was not even that big a celebrity in Hollywood in the first place.

This kind of resentment will obviously make them troll her at every given opportunity...no one holds a grudge more than the British.

If say, a single never divorced well brought-up Beyoncé (still black and American) was the one who married into the royal family, she may even get a softer landing than Meghan. If a Beyoncé DIL wanted the Queen MIL to dance single ladies inside Buckingham Palace, she may have gotten away with it, just because she is a Beyoncé. Get my point?

Meghan already had everything working against her from the start - previous failed marriage, dysfunctional family set-up, being biracial, and an American actress (not even an A-list, which may have been a plus). The least she could have done to warm her way into the hearts and minds of the British people, is to at least appear that she gave a shit about the way things are done.

Meghan did not do Windsor a favor by marrying Harry, Windsor in fact did her a favor by allowing her become a part of their family and she should have acted accordingly and not take a mile when given an inch.

It's what it is.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by chukxie(m): 3:07am On Jan 21, 2020
Hotfreez:
[s][/s]

Did she divorce her former husband because of racism too?

Is that racism that made Meghan have issues with her biological father and her own family too?
How many of her family members did you see at her wedding? Tell me.

Megan's former husband dumped her and ran. Her father ran, her own family ran.
Shebi it is towtow that isn't allowing Harry reason straight, she would wreck him and dump him.

You speak like you know Meghan, her failed marriage, her relationship with her estranged father and her life in and out. Like I said up there, everybody's got faults. I have countless faults. And I'm sure you do have them, too. How would you feel if your faults were incessantly flung in your face? Harry found love in an 'unusual ' woman, and I'm sure there must be some elements in Meghan that Harry loved so much that he ended up marrying her. So, again, I wish nothing but happiness.

12 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by erospecial: 3:09am On Jan 21, 2020
First, it was Scottish exit from the UK referendum then the Britexit from the Europe zone and now the royal exit. yet Britain keeps propagating the calamity slogan of one Nigeria; indivisible entity of Nations, sane and insane, humans and cows, civilized and terrorists, riverine and deserts forced to live together in absolute delusion.
Therefore I opined, it's high time Southern Nigerians asked Britain/Queen some questions.

7 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Midas01: 3:09am On Jan 21, 2020
Meghan is not black. She is very slightly mixed with black and is much more white than she is black. White people do not reserve the right to determine that a person is black black simply because the they have a little black admixture even when it is overwhelmingly evident that they look white.

Look at Meghan, does she look like the typical African? Or African American? Even African Americans who are mostly only about 75% black look much more African and black than Meghan. Stop calling Meghan black she is not.
mysticgal:
Sorry, but obviously she’s black.

Brits are known to be subtle racist, what do you expect.
I saw this same article on Reddit and the number of brits who cared less about the royal family and the number who did care but hated the black wife of Harry, was 1:99 undecided

13 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by cococandy(f): 3:10am On Jan 21, 2020
Hotfreez:

Meghan has a long trail of people she has had issues with. She's too toxic to keep a family. She's a destroyer, not a builder.

Her former husband was smart enough to divorce her. Her own father and family are keeping away from her.

If she was such a good person, would she have problems with her own parents and siblings?

You will believe what you want based on what you’ve already decided to believe. In the same vein, there are a long list of people who love her. Why are folks more interested in hearing those who don’t like her?

I bet if I interviewed those who don’t like you, we might end up sending you to jail. It’s like that for everyone. wink
People who don’t want good things to happen for you will surface when your blessings are arising and try to trample on it. Facts of life.

AwkaetitiBabe:
Yes I know but I dare say she didn't help matters.. Wish them the best though atleast they can be free in Canada. But I doubt they'll ever b free in its real sense

She didn’t help matters by rolling over and letting them do as they wish with her. My dear if anyone decides to dislike you (not for any specific offense) but for your person in general, there’s nothing you can do to change their mind. If you give them one of your kidneys, they will find a way to say you gave them the less perfect kidney of the two kidneys.

Cutting such folks off is best for peace of mind. I do have a feeling this wasn’t even her idea but I’m also happy for her.

15 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by africandollar: 3:11am On Jan 21, 2020
salford1:

Yes. Nasty people and their press hounded the couple and their innocent kid till the couple said enough and packed up. Gladly Canadians are nicer and don't have a gutter tabloid like the British.

The same nasty people hounded her mum till her death. Now that he is a man with his own family, I do not blame him for trying to prevent the same shyte/fate that befell his mum.

Abeg no go there o, Canadians are just like their ancestors the Brits, they only do their own hatred codedly unlike their other noisy neighbours who let you know straightway whether they hate you or like you which I think is a better way to live...no forming...just 'gbe fun e' just as they feel.

5 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by salford1: 3:13am On Jan 21, 2020
Harvigh:
You mean she should have allowed the monarchy dictate how her own wedding should have played out simply because like you surmised there was already a tradition in place that dictates how things should be done? What makes you think Kate didn't effect changes to the so called tradition on her wedding?
If you followed British media, you would understand what the OP pointed out.
Call it whatever you want it doesn't change the fact that its pure racism and hate that they have towards Meghan. Folks like Piers Morgan didn't hide their hatred for her at all and that goes to show you how deep it runs.
Thank God for civilization, else they would have burnt her at the stake or have her beheaded just because she and the prince fell in love. Of course, it would be her fault too since she didn't belong to the Alpha race.

5 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by salford1: 3:16am On Jan 21, 2020
africandollar:

Abeg no go there o, Canadians are just like their ancestors the Brits, they only do their own hatred codedly unlike their other noisy neighbours who let you know straightway whether they hate you or like you which I think is a better way to live...no forming...just 'gbe fun e' just as they feel.
Trust me, we are not as horrible as the Brits. I had my uni in the UK. 3 of my siblings are also British. (2 born and bred).
I am still angry once in a while for choosing to study in Britain instead of a more progressive and liberal country.
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Hotfreez: 3:17am On Jan 21, 2020
chukxie:

You speak like you know Meghan, her failed marriage, her relationship with her estranged father and her in and out. Like I said up there, everybody's got faults. I have countless faults. And I'm sure you do have them, too. How would you feel if your faults were incessantly flung in your face? Harry found love in an 'unusual ' woman, and I'm sure there must be some elements in Meghan that Harry loves so much that he ended up marrying her. So, again, I wish nothing but happiness.

Despite all your faults, did you keep enmity with your father and your family?
As a man, can you marry someone that would turn you away from your family?

Learn from Harry's stupidity. Look carefully at your wife's relationship with her parents and family. That's how she would treat yours.

11 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Kempguy47: 3:17am On Jan 21, 2020
God bless you for this peace, you’ve hit the nail on the head. I did notice that you added the fact that she’s colored as a disadvantage, which is quite true if we want to face reality. Well done.
crackkhaus:

It's what it is.
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Hotfreez: 3:23am On Jan 21, 2020
cococandy:
You will believe what you want based on what you’ve already decided to believe. In the same vein, there are a long list of people who love her. Why are folks more interested in hearing those who don’t like her?

I bet if I interviewed those who don’t like you, we might end up sending you to jail. It’s like that for everyone. wink
People who don’t want good things to happen for you will surface when your blessings are arising and try to trample on it. Facts of life.

If that is the case, why did you decide not to fight your own family members? We all have our imperfections, why do you decide to love them, forgive and enjoy with your family? That's because you are a good person.

Meghan on the other hand has a history of destroying relationships. She destroyed her relationship with her own family and merely extended her evil behaviour to her in-laws.

She feels she doesn't need them again since Harry won't be king, so she wants to keep Harry out of commonsense's way and duly discard him whenever she's thru with him.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Americanboy35: 3:26am On Jan 21, 2020
AwkaetitiBabe:

God bless you for this comment ma'am

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

China Fires 'Aircraft-Karrier Killer' Missile In Warning To US / Oil Spill In Mauritius Turns Crystal Clear Indian Ocean Black (Photos) / Yahya Jammeh Flees As West African Troops Enter Gambia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.