Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,751 members, 7,806,058 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 10:49 AM

How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry - Foreign Affairs (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry (48026 Views)

Prince Harry, Meghan Involved In 'near Catastrophic Chase' / Russia Confirms Moskva Ship Has Sunk After Reported Ukrainian Missile Strike / Royal Wedding 2018: Prince Harry To Wed Meghan Markle (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by jedisco(m): 8:43am On Jan 21, 2020
na2016:

It takes a sound mind to understand what I wrote. Go check yourself. I am only having pity for Harry.

Bother with checking yourself. No mortal has such power over the life and destiny of another. Don't be deluded...their future does not lie in your hand.

3 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by midnighter(f): 8:47am On Jan 21, 2020
Ladycewhy:
diluted ? Lol and who then get to tell you how dilluted it has be for a mixed person to be referred to as white? You or the white man?

You asked a question and I'm just answering you as to where the perception comes from
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by na2016: 8:48am On Jan 21, 2020
jedisco:

Bother with checking yourself. No mortal has such power over the life and destiny of another. Don't be deluded...their future does not lie in your hand.

I hope you read with comprehension!

1 Like

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Ladycewhy(f): 8:50am On Jan 21, 2020
salford1:

All those press release are just for show to appease the public. Do people really think the Queen and Prince Charles will cut off their blood (Harry And Archie)? Impossible. grin

The family is just on vacation as far as they are concerned. They are the real Omo baba olowo grin
Only sadists will want that. grin. See how they have been prophesying negativity to the couple as if na Harry make den elect buhari. grin. Since he is not Nigerian they cant say Megan charmed him ,lol

4 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by salford1: 8:51am On Jan 21, 2020
Ladycewhy:
Only sadists will want that. grin. See how they have been prophesying negativity to the couple as if na Harry make den elect buhari. grin. Since he is not Nigerian they cant say Megan charmed him ,lol
grin grin grin
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Ladycewhy(f): 8:51am On Jan 21, 2020
midnighter:

You asked a question and I'm just answering you as to where the perception comes from
perception palnted by the white man. I wont be surprised if little Archie is classified as black grin

1 Like

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Ladycewhy(f): 8:53am On Jan 21, 2020
salford1:

grin grin grin
make i join you laugh jor grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by jesmond3945: 8:54am On Jan 21, 2020
eyinjuege:

You are very correct.
My family has several stories to tell. Mine still miles better than my husband's. Some things are so unbelievable and mind numbing...
One thing with the British is they are masters at vendetta. All done within the confines of the law. You need to be born and raised British to match them at their games for you will gallantly lose.
Very passive aggressive. Masters at it, with a fake smile too cheesy
gbam
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by midnighter(f): 8:55am On Jan 21, 2020
Ladycewhy:
perception palnted by the white man. I wont be surprised if little Archie is classified as black grin

He is classified as mixed-race or mixed heritage, as is Meghan.

Anyway maybe I misunderstood up your intention, I thought you just wanted to know where the terminology came from.
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by jesmond3945: 8:55am On Jan 21, 2020
AreaFada2:

That's exactly true. Most over 55 grew up when overt racism was still very much around. And only very few are not biased to some extent. But they can camouflage it very nicely. They have centuries of practice. You must be quick in assessing them.

They also do not like it if you are too knowledgeable and you can school them. Even a barely literate one still wants to form for you as a black guy. The men even gossip more than the women. Their background gives a clue about who they are. Once you know who they are, then you know what to divulge to and what not to.

Best thing is to remain mysterious to them than be predictable. But be professional and ensure you do your duties to the highest standard daily. Mutual respect should generally be your aim, not necessarily to be liked. Certainly do not be needy for them to like you. That way you can get to your destination without having to lick arse or gossip or assassinate anyone's character.
correct.
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Ladycewhy(f): 8:57am On Jan 21, 2020
na2016:

Your thought! Unfortunately, life doesn't work that way. Soon you will hear of a crack between those two. When she does have anybody to attack and dissociate herself from, it will b the husband
Crack or not, it wont give you constant light or speed light rail in Nigeria angry. Only witches and wizards anticipate evil for people . check yourself ,this negativity is too much to be ordinary.

4 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by jesmond3945: 8:57am On Jan 21, 2020
crackkhaus:

At least, trying to please them would have scored her some points.
you think meghan cares. she only care about harry and her son. You try pleasing people who can never be pleased and see how far.

3 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by salford1: 8:58am On Jan 21, 2020
Ladycewhy:
make i join you laugh jor grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.
Drops mic grin grin grin

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Ladycewhy(f): 8:59am On Jan 21, 2020
midnighter:

He is classified as mixed-race or mixed heritage, as is Meghan.

Anyway maybe I misunderstood up your intention, I thought you just wanted to know where the terminology came from.
i had to laugh at the bolded ,so he is black then if we follow your first analogy grin

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Ladycewhy(f): 9:00am On Jan 21, 2020
salford1:

Drops mic grin grin grin
Disney should do an animation on this jare cheesy
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Shattuck(m): 9:01am On Jan 21, 2020
salford1:

Exactly. She has flaws too, but is that now a justification for them to keep bullying her to the extent of involving their innocent child?
They left out Harry out if their bad and gutter reporting. They only started attacking Harry too after he called it quits.
These attacks has been ongoing since 2016 not long after they started dating. The guy has begged several times but the tabloids seems to be on an evil mission cheesy
I get your point too we just hope that things get better from here on

1 Like

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Ivebeenbanned(f): 9:11am On Jan 21, 2020
crackkhaus:

Surely you must realize that when people don't like you, it really won't matter if you're doing nothing wrong, they would still find a way to make you look bad.

The bias against Meghan was watered by none other but herself. You can see one of the articles you posted called her 'dictatorial', they may not be far from the truth.

I followed the whole ruckus leading up to their wedding in 2018 up until the wedding itself. You should not take my word for it though, you could make some findings on your own regarding just how much she tried to break almost every protocol regarding how the wedding should go.
A lot of things were changed/altered just to accommodate her preferences - from the flower choices, to the aisle leading up to the alter that was made wider because it's what she wanted, etc.. There was a lot more which I can't even recall off the top of my head.

Now no one is saying she couldn't have creative control over her own wedding, but when you marry into a monarchy that has a certain way of doing things in keeping with age-long traditions as old as her own ancestors, then she probably should have simmered down a little. She got what she wanted most of the time because the monarchy were happy enough to make Diana's little boy happy, but she took it too far and got used to it.
After the wedding, she kept trying to get them to do things her way and most of the time she would get it, but guess what, the British people only resented her for it because she was now effectually implying that their ways of doing things was not good enough for her, her own way was better...it wasn't just an emotional bride trying to make her wedding day perfect anymore, this was a woman who had no respect for the Monarchy and its ways. She confirmed what they already suspected and gave oxygen and water to the bias already working against her. And to make it worse, she was not even that big a celebrity in Hollywood in the first place.

This kind of resentment will obviously make them troll her at every given opportunity...no one holds a grudge more than the British.

If say, a single never divorced well brought-up Beyoncé (still black and American) was the one who married into the royal family, she may even get a softer landing than Meghan. If a Beyoncé DIL wanted the Queen MIL to dance single ladies inside Buckingham Palace, she may have gotten away with it, just because she is a Beyoncé. Get my point?

Meghan already had everything working against her from the start - previous failed marriage, dysfunctional family set-up, being biracial, and an American actress (not even an A-list, which may have been a plus). The least she could have done to warm her way into the hearts and minds of the British people, is to at least appear that she gave a shit about the way things are done.

I'm NOT sorry to type this, but I will because it is what it is:
Meghan did not do Windsor a favor by marrying Harry, Windsor in fact did her a favor by allowing her become a part of their family and she should have acted accordingly and not take a mile when given an inch.

It's what it is.
You sat down, typed this nonsense without any shame. So he did her a favor by marrying her? Is that so? So its a crime to be biracial and divorced? For that she should have 'simmered' down, but she didn't, she didn't act her 'place' as a divorced, biracial woman, so she brought all that to herself. God, can men be more irritating.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by NotComplaining: 9:13am On Jan 21, 2020
crackkhaus:

Surely you must realize that when people don't like you, it really won't matter if you're doing nothing wrong, they would still find a way to make you look bad.

The bias against Meghan was watered by none other but herself. You can see one of the articles you posted called her 'dictatorial', they may not be far from the truth.

I followed the whole ruckus leading up to their wedding in 2018 up until the wedding itself. You should not take my word for it though, you could make some findings on your own regarding just how much she tried to break almost every protocol regarding how the wedding should go.
A lot of things were changed/altered just to accommodate her preferences - from the flower choices, to the aisle leading up to the alter that was made wider because it's what she wanted, etc.. There was a lot more which I can't even recall off the top of my head.

Now no one is saying she couldn't have creative control over her own wedding, but when you marry into a monarchy that has a certain way of doing things in keeping with age-long traditions as old as her own ancestors, then she probably should have simmered down a little. She got what she wanted most of the time because the monarchy were happy enough to make Diana's little boy happy, but she took it too far and got used to it.
After the wedding, she kept trying to get them to do things her way and most of the time she would get it, but guess what, the British people only resented her for it because she was now effectually implying that their ways of doing things was not good enough for her, her own way was better...it wasn't just an emotional bride trying to make her wedding day perfect anymore, this was a woman who had no respect for the Monarchy and its ways. She confirmed what they already suspected and gave oxygen and water to the bias already working against her. And to make it worse, she was not even that big a celebrity in Hollywood in the first place.

This kind of resentment will obviously make them troll her at every given opportunity...no one holds a grudge more than the British.

If say, a single never divorced well brought-up Beyoncé (still black and American) was the one who married into the royal family, she may even get a softer landing than Meghan. If a Beyoncé DIL wanted the Queen MIL to dance single ladies inside Buckingham Palace, she may have gotten away with it, just because she is a Beyoncé. Get my point?

Meghan already had everything working against her from the start - previous failed marriage, dysfunctional family set-up, being biracial, and an American actress (not even an A-list, which may have been a plus). The least she could have done to warm her way into the hearts and minds of the British people, is to at least appear that she gave a shit about the way things are done.

Meghan did not do Windsor a favor by marrying Harry, Windsor in fact did her a favor by allowing her become a part of their family and she should have acted accordingly and not take a mile when given an inch.

It's what it is.

Did Meghan marry the "royals' or did she marry Harry and likewise, did Harry marry her dysfunctional family and B class acting career or did he marry Meghan for who she was and what she represented to him...

Meghan Markle is a Diana in the years aftee her forced marriage to Charles, the royal's expectation are far too high and pretencious to be taken seriously by a commoner like herself. Imagine being talked down to at every situation and reminded that you will never be blue blooded. Harry probaby saw his mother in Meghans fire and rebellion towards the corruption within the walls of the palace, and such increased his love for her.

The media in the UK are rascists end of. Using them to defend your point just shows how very little you care about the oppressed.

4 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by sorepco(m): 9:15am On Jan 21, 2020
What ub u wrote up here made some sense. But on the flip side look at it this way.
Even before prince Harry met Meghan he had sworn that his future wife shall not be maltreated and mistreated like his dead mother princess Diana!
So to him he is doing all to protect his bride from a system that eventually lead to his mother's death.
As for those saying Meghan made a prince to leave his throne. Note that Harry has always wanted a life away from the monarchy. Even before he met Meghan!

For all we even know the op nite be a white British embassy employee pretending to Nigerian! I don't trust the Brits. They can do and undo!
The only people that will stab you in the hearth and ask you if you are ok and if you need a doctor! kiss lol

crackkhaus:

It's what it is.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Ivebeenbanned(f): 9:15am On Jan 21, 2020
Ladycewhy:
The Nigerian man is misogynistic and sexist, they would have slept better if Megan left the palace without Harry and little Archie.

When a man supports his wife and there is harmony between the couple,its either his wife charmed him or the man is a weakling so says Nigerian men.
Can we swap them, somehow, anyhow? Just takes these misogynistic pricks to another land and get better men. Even better, bomb them all so they don't poison the rest if the world. I give up.

3 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by pafo(m): 9:16am On Jan 21, 2020
crackkhaus:

It's what it is.

God bless you bro. You laid everything I've had to say down perfectly.

3 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by midnighter(f): 9:17am On Jan 21, 2020
sorepco:
As for those saying Meghan made a prince to leave his throne. Note that Harry has always wanted a life away from the monarchy. Even before he met Meghan!

Thank you. He has been hinting at it for so many years but they keep fixating on Meghan

4 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by bukatyne(f): 9:18am On Jan 21, 2020
sorepco:
What ub u wrote up here made some sense. But on the flip side look at it this way.
Even before prince Harry met Meghan he had sworn that his future wife shall not be maltreated and mistreated like his dead mother princess Diana!
So to him he is doing all to protect his bride from a system that eventually lead to his mother's death.

For all we even know the op nite be a white British embassy employee pretending to Nigerian! I don't trust the Brits. They can do and undo!

grin
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Mikeyb1u7: 9:26am On Jan 21, 2020
They killed Diana and now they've set their sight on Meghan. Racist Brits

5 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by midnighter(f): 9:27am On Jan 21, 2020
Ladycewhy:
i had to laugh at the bolded ,so he is black then if we follow your first analogy grin

Ladycewhy:
They made these classifications and now want to bend the rules with mixed people cos they doesn't want "browning " of their superior race embarassed
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Nobody: 9:28am On Jan 21, 2020
baby124:

Bukatyne, she’s an actress. He’s hustling jobs for her. He’s a great husband. They have moved on and are looking towards their future as a couple. Be happy for them.

Before they left, they tidied up their endorsement deals they do by being royal and the queen just let that be.
Deals worth up to 400m pounds.

Harry can't and will never survive without backup from his family.

He is Britain's darling boy and he expected that such love will be extended to his wife irrespective of her utterances or behaviour as they did to him.

Harry isn't the best model character out there. But because mama Charlie adores him and overlook lots of his childish tantrums al the time, he calculated wrong by displaying the same tantrum and the queen has had enough.
Now, the problem I have with Meghan is nothing except that when u marry, u help better the life of your other half.
Harry is still the same, if not more immature Harry. Add Meghan trying to rub it on the monarch that their tradition is archaic and boring, we got where we are with them now.
Women marry into men's family
They bend to fit in. Meghan never blended to fit in. Rather, it's all about her.

They are still in British colony. So they will still be treated as royal secretly.
If they are really serious about being free, they should leave Canada and go to non British colony, that way, I can take them serious.

As for the press, when Williams and Kate started, the press won't let them be. Williams threatened and sued.

Megan go out and use improper language, these are what led to all these.

If u really worked hard for something, work harder to keep it.

We all pretend we all love what they did but here in Nigeria, We fight to keep our marriage and be in good terms with our husbands people.

Nigerians cheesy

4 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by RexTramadol1: 9:28am On Jan 21, 2020
cococandy:
You’re not related to her. So all what you typed her is stuff you don’t actually know for real.

Imagine if folks who have never met you for once in their lives or even if they have, they don’t even really know you, decide to go on the internet and spread stories about you as if they were proven facts? Did you live with them know she destroyed her the relationship?

Or you’re echoing the things you’ve heard that suit your prejudices?

Like I said you will believe what you want based on what you have pre-decided to believe

Vox populi, vox dei

Voice of the people is the voice of God.
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by Nobody: 9:30am On Jan 21, 2020
salford1:

I will rather they say it to my face. We scatter everything then Rearrange/rebuild . But the British, very cunning. They would downplay their racism and use words like bigot, unconscious bias and all other BS. How can you solve a problem when you don't even believe or acknowledge that the problem exists?

I don't give them face. I counter their subtle racism with flaunting my blackness..right in their face.

They gave me a reason to be inordinately proud of my black skin.

2 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by murmee: 9:35am On Jan 21, 2020
Ladycewhy:
I thought i was the only one that shared this line of thought. She is more white than black, but racists will say she is black.
My dear, white people consider anyone that is not 100% white as black or colored. It doesn't matter how you look. Meghan has a black mother and that makes her black!

2 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by crackkhaus: 10:06am On Jan 21, 2020
RunThins:

I think you totally missed the point! Or you are one of those "victim of 400 years of conditioning. The man has programmed my conditioning. Even my conditioning has been conditioned.”(Chameleon Street by Wendell B. Harris). I would like to believe it's the former! All that is is nothing but nuance racism, everyone who's lived, studied or worked in the west have experienced it one way or the other. Go ask around in the fortune 500 corporate world, a Caucasian is smart and confidence, while a black man is uppity and headstrong for having the same qualities. Re-read those headlines and what you see are two people doing the same thing, but one is said to be "smart and confidence" and the other "arrogant and disrespectful". The reason for that is nothing but racism; those headlines above show nothing but the racism of the British (Caucasians in general) people.

And if the latter of the two reasons; well I truly feel sorry for you! Reason being you are probably an "Uncle Ruckus" from the boondocks! You hate yourself, you have accepted the "essence" of the black race from the very racist Caucasian distillery. You are probably one of those people that is more "oyinbo than the oyinbos".You are probably in the category of people that sees little Jamal's tantrum as violent acts and should be monitored, while little Billy's tantrum is nothing but just that! I feel sorry for you because there's nothing anyone can do to help someone like you, you live your life in perceptual fear--fear of being judged, that you are behaving like a black man, you are self conscious, you are aware of the fact that you are being watched and being held to a higher standard just for the fact that you are black. And you hold every other black man to this standard dictated by the white man, not for everybody but just for the black race. And you get mad at them for giving the black race a bad name, whenever they choose to live freely, because that's the only way to live! New Hampshire state motto: Live Free or Die!!
And that my friend is the American way! To hell with the British and their nuance racism, because the only way we live is free or dead!
By the time you realize that all you just typed has already been dealt with in my comment, you would understand why I believe you're only quoting me just to impress me with faux knowledge.

I already talked about the bias against her because of her race, I never discounted it, so save your tirade.

And don't talk to me about living or working in the west, the UK has become a particularly dear place to me from my visits.

Cheers.

3 Likes

Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by na2016: 10:12am On Jan 21, 2020
[quote author=Ladycewhy post=85978232] Crack or not, it wont give you constant light or speed light rail in Nigeria angry. Only witches and wizards anticipate evil for people . check yourself ,this negativity is too much to be

If I had seen you moniker, I wouldnt had wasted my time replying you. Your type is the Meghan type. Spits!!!!
Re: How The British Press Reported On Meghan And Harry by crackkhaus: 10:12am On Jan 21, 2020
Damsonkc:

The mistake we make is to run along with things we read on the internet as fact. Everything you said she did wrong were things the press told you she did wrong. You were not there. You didn’t see her. You don’t know her personally. You also saw clearly that this very same press is very biased against her but you still go with them for whatever reason. Lol. What you think you know about her is simply what someone who doesn’t like her wanted you to know about her.
The mistake people of your sort make when your argument starts with 'you don't know her personally', is that you always inadvertently fail to tell us if you know her personally to insist she's not like she's painted.

Well guess what, the people who should know her personally like her father and siblings, ex husband, and even some of her staff who had to quit, all have the same impression of her which the media is perpetuating.

Now what is your own proof that she's not really dictatorial and arrogant?

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (14) (Reply)

China Fires 'Aircraft-Karrier Killer' Missile In Warning To US / Oil Spill In Mauritius Turns Crystal Clear Indian Ocean Black (Photos) / Yahya Jammeh Flees As West African Troops Enter Gambia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.