Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,913 members, 7,799,079 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 02:54 PM

One Ghanaian And 2 CRUTECH Students Drown In A River In Cross River State - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / One Ghanaian And 2 CRUTECH Students Drown In A River In Cross River State (727 Views)

Isaac Atamba: CRUTECH Graduate Shot Dead In Calabar (Disturbing Photos) / The Identity Of Murdered CRUTECH Student In Calabar Revealed (graphic Photo) / CRUTECH Student shot Dead Immediately After Final Exam In Cross River (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Ghanaian And 2 CRUTECH Students Drown In A River In Cross River State by frankiekinase: 9:44am On Jan 20, 2020
Three students of the Cross River University of Technology (CRUTECH) proposed as University of Cross River (UNICROSS) have drowned in a river while taking their bath and one of them is said to come from Ghana.

PARADISE NEWS gathered that the sad incident happened on Saturday, January 18, 2020, in Abakpa River in Ogoja local government area of Cross River State, where one of the campus is located.

An eyewitness who gave his name as Andrew Inyambe told PARADISE NEWS that he could only identify one of the students whose name is David Unamu, a 200 Level student of the department of Civil Engineering, CRUTECH Calabar campus.

Inyambe said the three students went to cool themselves off in the river following the high temperature in the area - a tradition well known for the people of that community, but ended up drowning to dead.

"They went to the river with other people to swim. What really happened nobody knows, but they were later found in the shallow part of the river already drowned.

"I only know one of them, David Unamu, who is a 200 Level Civil Engineering student. The other two I don't know their names for now, but they are all CRUTECH students. David is in the Calabar campus, he lives in Abakpa and yet to resume school, while the other two are in Ogoja campus.

"I don't know about the other two, but I learnt one of them is a Ghanaian - though his mom is in Lagos State and the other one is from Boki Local Government Area in Cross River State", Inyambe said.

When contacted on phone on Sunday by PARADISE NEWS, the Public Relations officer of CRUTECH, Mr. Onen Onen, confirmed the story.

He said: "Actually, another media man called me earlier and that was how I got to know about the story. So, I called someone from the campus who didn't seem to get the whole story but the story is confirmed. By tomorrow, they should be able to compile their report to send to the school".

https://paradisenews.ng/46398/one-ghanaian-2-other-crutech-students-drown-in-a-river-in-cross-river-state

Re: One Ghanaian And 2 CRUTECH Students Drown In A River In Cross River State by YOUNGELDER1(m): 10:01am On Jan 20, 2020
Sad sad !!

1 Like

Re: One Ghanaian And 2 CRUTECH Students Drown In A River In Cross River State by Bola146(f): 10:32am On Jan 20, 2020
cry when you can't swim, wetin you dey do beside river cry

1 Like

Re: One Ghanaian And 2 CRUTECH Students Drown In A River In Cross River State by 2shure: 11:06am On Jan 20, 2020
Im aure they smoked colorado.
Two things that gets me scared .
Deep water,and police ak 47 nozzle pointing at u.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Report On Nigeria Mafia In Italy / Boy Caught By CCTV Breaking Into Neighbour's House Amidst COVID-19 Lockdown / 10GB Of Premium Freepik Content For Designers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.