Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,187 members, 7,780,299 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:56 AM

Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees (24057 Views)

80% Of Employees In Banks Are Casual Workers: ASSBIFI / Verbal Abuse Of Employees / NSITF Begins Aggressive Enforcement Of Employees’ Compensation Scheme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by mymoney001(m): 11:58am On Jan 20, 2020
The plethora of small business owners/entrepreneurs are the ruin and end of the morale of their employees..

Talmbout the increase of unemployment and I'll point you to these miniscule bosses who have the knack of under-paying and or owing their employees salaries with no benefits like trainings, pension, health insurance, salary increase, leave bonus, overtime pay.....etc

These set of people will blame buhari for the dilapidated state of the economy yet they won't fold up their business since they cannot afford to pay regular salaries and on time.

They will assign you to do an elephant-size job only for you to earn an ant-size salary, in which your ant-size salary won't be paid till the 15th - 20th of the next month, yet they expect you to be dazzling and be happy and perform effectively These bunch of cheats make you feel that they are doing you a huge favour by paying you your right (salary) so that you should put on a grateful attitude and be positive.

You will work and grind like a mule for them, only for them to use the money and pay the fees of their kids they've stashed in an abroad versity... The nonsense they expect you to tolerate and endure from them simply because there are few jobs and unemployment is high, they won't encourage their kids to such. They train/teach their kids to always demand for their rights but if you demand for your rights lasan, you'll get sacked or seen as being disrespectful.

But with a peanut salary without employment benefits, how can you even plan your life, grow and develop yourself and live modestly? You can even be on the same paltry sum for the next 3-5ive years, yet no promotion, no increase.

Out of frustration, a lot of people have left their salary behind in their previous employment(s) and thunder is still keeping silent. Their bosses haven't even felt a pinch of guilt.

We have faulted politicians for the many woes and chaos bedeviling and crippling the peace of the state but It is not only politicians that are ripping the economy of Nigeria apart, these ones are also depleting Nigeria. They are the saboteurs of the growth and dreams of aspiring youths.

But their children are safely tucked away & secured in a system that works. They are studying abroad and will barge an abroad certificate which is highly relevant and consequential.

If the leaders abroad didn't have a growth mindset to develop their system and make it workable, tell me where these dream killers would have shipped their child(ren) to?

I doubt if we have labour laws in Nigeria that protects the rights of employees and jail employers/sole proprietor/entrepreneurs who cheat their staff of their hard earn wages and benefits....because if we do, a lot of small business owners would have gone into oblivion.

Laslas na *God dey* na im be poor man hope/slant. Na im we dey take control ourself when we lose out...

PS: nobody should come here and nye nye about how people should goan become their own boss/entrepreneur...
Before you make such foolish comment thinking that you are wise, let this sink in: everyone won't be business owners because not everyone can stand and survive it's nitty-gritty, not everyone have business acumen, some people are better off in this life working as employees and will be successful at it; while some other people need to gain that experience first before they can venture out...

Our heads and journey/pathway in life are not the same.

Written by YeloSisi

153 Likes 17 Shares

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by Ibukun120: 5:00pm On Jan 20, 2020
First timer
FTC

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by pocohantas(f): 5:01pm On Jan 20, 2020
No mind them. Sole proprietorship aka one man business is one of the worst places to work.

Not all, but majority of them have no structure or laid down career path/growth for you.

They'll now come online to be disturbing us.

"I am my own boss"
"I will never work for any man"

115 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by lonelydora: 5:02pm On Jan 20, 2020
Hustle ooo, so that you won't be complaining like this op.

88 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by Caveman1707: 5:02pm On Jan 20, 2020

1 Like

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by ngadaAwo: 5:02pm On Jan 20, 2020
not entrepreneurs but government

Nobody want to live a life of slavery and pauper and probably die with nothing to show of their struggle
the government made it so not entrepreneurs.
imagine life without entrepreneurship, imagine millions of unemployed youths roaming in the streets seeking a petty job from one office to another.

the government made it almost impossible to land a dream job without connection or have you heard of CBN, FIRS, EFCC, etc recruitment on public media?
these are jobs that can make your life meaningful but it's left for the elites to continue getting richer and more connected leaving other smaller jobs for the masses.
so you expect an ambitious youth that dream of going places and having a nice life to stick around with that 50k job while he has multi talent that can fetch him more than that a day or more?

my Dad is a retired civil servant and after 35 years of active service he only have his built one story building and a car to show for it as in after 35 forking years?
while a newly settled apprentice can buy a choice car just after 3-4 years of trading or doing what he's best at.
how do you expect me to follow the same route when i already knew the outcome?
shey na 30k minimum wage we still dey deliberate on as in 30k not even what an average entrepreneur spend on data monthly.
why wont the morals of working class cut when they see young legit traders or entrepreneurs spend what they earn monthly in few days or in a day.
go and see how traders from mgbuka, main market, etc spend money like nothing and you expect a working class moral not to cut grin

biko blame our government for making working conditions poor for working class and not entrepreneurs

47 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by Admiralomoniyi(m): 5:02pm On Jan 20, 2020
Nice write up

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by fabianiyobosa(m): 5:02pm On Jan 20, 2020
Apt

1 Like

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by jkcarz: 5:02pm On Jan 20, 2020
The employees can as well start their own business and get huge salary!

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by twerkjack: 5:03pm On Jan 20, 2020
I can't believe that by this time 2 years ago I was working for a 10,000 Naira salary can you believe it

Not to mention the Enormous workload and extremely long work hours.

These days I shudder just to think about that situation man it was horrible.

I mean I make over 500,000 monthly now and I just can't imagine how I survived with 10,000 those were really trying times.

Nigeria is not a joke. undecided

23 Likes

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jan 20, 2020
No boss is happy to owe salaries, it shows all he has built over the years is crumbling.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by Zoehill(m): 5:03pm On Jan 20, 2020
Nigeria is a sick zone.......everyone is taking advantage of the other

14 Likes

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jan 20, 2020
The average black man is evil and wicked. u will see someone calling himself pastor or deacon owing salary but and flexing money

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by irunoko(m): 5:03pm On Jan 20, 2020
Hmnn lipsrsealed

I am a Christian,I am a Muslim, it's not in declaration of religion but how you treat people who can't do anything for you

You will see some Christian clowns thinking Christianity is not about not wearing earings and trousers but are terrible bosses to their surbodinates, you will equally see some overbearing Muslims thinking it's by their hijabs that would take them to heaven while their character is stinking

Godliness without love and character = religion

40 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by 24kmagic: 5:03pm On Jan 20, 2020
cry
Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by simple250: 5:03pm On Jan 20, 2020
OP sence is far from you .....

Give them solution instead of saying trash,government and banks will only give loans to top business owners . As an entrepreneur for just 300k to boost your business banks will ask for landed property of 3million . Rubbish

Copy and paste

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by Nobody: 5:04pm On Jan 20, 2020
Work like elephant and eat like Ant... God forbid.

1 Like

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by youngRx(m): 5:05pm On Jan 20, 2020
They are the same types that will be discouraging young ones from going abroad.

You see them shouting "you can make it in Nigeria" upandan.

Make it indeed. On the sweat n backs of employees you enslave abi?? Paying peanuts as salary with little or no contribution to community development.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by iCauseTrouble: 5:06pm On Jan 20, 2020
Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by africandollar: 5:06pm On Jan 20, 2020
Why not go and start your own business too if you don’t like to work as an employee? They that started their own businesses do they have two heads? Start your own business and show them how it’s supposed to be done rather than complaining. Okay?
Else you continue to suffer and smile while bearing the consequences of working as an employee in Nigeria cos no amount of online ranting would give you your rights in an insane country where the Supreme Court makes #4 to become #1.

23 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by nelson7777: 5:06pm On Jan 20, 2020
.I am sorry about your past experiences on jobs, God will give you a better one...

But that aside

Do you think its easy to employ

Do you think its easy to pay someone salary every month,

Do you know that most employees (with their 25k a month) earns more than the boss
Do you know that some entrepreneurs will not earn salary for the next 1 year because they r building the business, but must pay their staffs every month.

Do know some entrepreneurs borrow from families to pay their workers

Do you know that paying salaries is not the only challenge and entrepreneur face in their business

Water, light, signage, waste, council, maintenance, diesel or fuel, e.t.c

Do you know, no matter the economic melt down no matter if d business sells or not, no matter the price of diesel, no matter anything, you have hope at least of getting your salary no matter how little, same can not be said for an entrepreneur..

Do you know the risk, do you know that most of those business you take little salaries from, it was being established by a Loan, but the owners won't tell you..

Do you know how many entrepreneurs that the Nigerian custom has wrecked last year because of the increase in clearing fees, will he call you one morning and say chike I use to clear this clothes 200naira before but now is 700naira, therefore your salary is now reduced to 15k...

Am not in support of owing salries, e.g years back my business was using 3 security, before I had to call the boss and say, baba you no how the country be now pls, I can only afford two, case closed..

Its only when you wear the shoe you will no where its hurts

Being an entrepreneur in NIGERIA, is one of the most hardest, discouraging thing ever..

64 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by DNSPro: 5:07pm On Jan 20, 2020
pocohantas:
No mind them. Sole proprietorship aka one man business is one of the worst places to work.

Not all, but majority of them have no structure or laid down career path/growth for you.

"I am my own boss"

the truth is an average Nigerian is power drunk. Even you might not be different. I have seen enough not to take complaint of Nigerians serious.

7 Likes

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by modernWays: 5:07pm On Jan 20, 2020
@op, not all employers are doing this.

You also forgot the fact that an average Nigerian employee is always at standby mode to ruin your business in the name of side money.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by Freiburger(m): 5:07pm On Jan 20, 2020
What would you do as an employer when you find that people are willingly to do anything to secure a JOB(just over broke)?
Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by grandiose4ever: 5:07pm On Jan 20, 2020
Mk
Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by Cmeo(m): 5:09pm On Jan 20, 2020
I don't believe these employees are engaged by force. Any employee not comfortable with the work they are doing can easily resign his/her job.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by ehmmy11(m): 5:10pm On Jan 20, 2020
How can you be enjoying and ask me to tighten my belt grin .. And they will be screaming i am an entrepreneur ... No need lamenting again ..

N:B In anything you are doing get money ... And.... You know the rest... Peace
Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by ultron12345: 5:10pm On Jan 20, 2020
Rubbish

Firstly, I do not support owing employees salaries. Salaries should always be paid when due as specified in the employment contract. If for some reason, you can't afford the salaries at that particular time, inform the employees of the situation, explain to them and an understanding should be reached.

I will however talk about the so-called 'Peanut Salary'. What exactly is peanut salary?. Were you not informed of the salary before taking the job?. If the salary is too small for you, then the solution is simple, don't take the job. If you've already taken it, then resign, abi did they tie your hands and legs.

Salary is determined by productivity and market-value. You cannot be producing N4000 and be expecting to be paid N10,000.

Demand and supply of labour must also be put into consideration. When demand of labour is higher then the supply, wages are high, but when demand of labour is less than supply, wages are low.

You don't expect an employer to pay N1,000,000 when others are willing to take less. Will you buy a bag of rice at N200,000 when the near-by store is selling the same bag of rice and the same quality at N50,000. Never. So why do you expect employers to do otherwise. The same way an employee will not stay with an employer paying him N100,000 when another employer is willing to pay him N900,000.

Some companies honestly can't pay better. How can you expect a school in one small, interior town, that collects school fees of N6000 per term to be paying salary of N50,000 per month to teachers.

If you're not happy with salary you're offered, then don't accept the job or resign. If you're worth more than that salary, you will surely see other employees willing to pay your more than what you were paid before. If I offer salary of N40,000 per month, and no-one takes the job, I will be forced to increase the salary in order to fill the vacancy. You can also choose to start your own business and begin paying water-melon salaries instead and we'll see how long you'll stay afloat.

Let's also not forget how lazy and wicked Nigerian employees are. They are ready to ruin your business with fraud at the slightest opportunity. All they do is to steal your money. That is why Nigerian employees coined the phrase "Na where person dey work, na there e dey chop, na e make them dey callam work-chop (workshop)" as a way to justify their fraudulent character. Money that is supposed to be used to sustain and expand the business and even provide better packages for the staff will then have to be used to employ extra-staff to monitor each other, biometric scanners, CCTV cameras and other things that are not supposed to be needed, just to monitor staff to avoid fraud.

Start a poultry and they will be stealing your eggs. Some will even go ahead to be killing the chickens so that they'll be allowed to take them home.

Start an entertainment/viewing/game center and they'll be pocketing your money. On the days you're around at the business, the money realized will be x10 of the money realized when you're not around. Because they're eating your money.

Lease out a vehicle to a driver to use and watch as he'll finish you.

Start a restaurant, the same thing will happen. More than half of the total food ingredients will end up in their personal kitchens.

Even ordinary provisions shop, they will find a way to steal.

The major problem of doing business in this country isn't power or infrastructure, it's finding honest and competent manpower. The average Nigerian employee is waiting to steal from you. The ones in management positions will not only be stealing but will be hiring incompetent staff solely because they are his friends, relatives or church members. That's why I don't blame companies who hire expatriates like Indians and Lebanese for sensitive positions like Finance and Accounting even when we have qualified Nigerians.

Some people have money to do business in this country but they don't have time for it. They'll have employed staff to manage it, but they can't do that because there are no trustworthy staff in Nigeria, so they abandon the idea, and rather invest their money in treasury bills and fixed deposit accounts. And later, they'll be complaining they there are no jobs when they are killing all the businesses with their evil character.

Let's not forget their rude attitude that they'll use to drive all your customers away, just like they exhibit in government offices.

That's why they like government work, where they're allowed to be lazy and to steal. Where they can get money without adding any value. Where they can steal, where they can come to work by 10pm, gist till 12pm, sleep till 3pm and spend the next hour preparing to leave by 4pm. And they'll go home and tell people they went to work. That is why our government agencies are not working, that is why our government corporations like NNPC and others are not working. That is why we say Nigerian government cannot run business. Any private company that allows such will fail like Nigerian government agencies and corporations have failed.

If you think your salary is Peanut Salary, then quit and sart your own business and be paying water-melon salaries. By the time you crumble, you'll start blaming Buhari.

Peanut salary ke, paw-paw salary ni.
Resign and start your own.

102 Likes 19 Shares

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by brownemmanuel43(m): 5:11pm On Jan 20, 2020
This is bad, the worst part is the same business owners will still be set of complaining about how bad our leaders are. But they can't do things right.
Welcome to Nigeria
Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by harbarzzy(m): 5:11pm On Jan 20, 2020
pocohantas:

"I am my own boss"

I cannot advice my enemy to work in a one man firm.. especially those ones that call themselves pastor of a Pentecostal church

2 Likes

Re: Entrepreneurs Are Ruining Morales Of Employees by iko123: 5:11pm On Jan 20, 2020
Some of the employers are struggling to survive. Imagine as a contractor you were able to few contractors in the first quarter of the year. From the proceeds of the contract, lies your office rent, employees salaries, taxation,family issues, school fees, house rent, car maintenance etc. How do u expect such person to think for you. If you have opportunity to work for such person, just do your best and move on.

6 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Back To Nigeria After Medical School? / Salary Structures In Nigeria And Their Meaning(contiss,conuass,conraiss ETC / AIT Staff Beg Buhari To Intervene In Salary Crisis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.