Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,899 members, 7,802,915 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 03:08 AM

Supreme Court Rules On Plateau And Bauchi Governorship Election 3pm - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Supreme Court Rules On Plateau And Bauchi Governorship Election 3pm (18192 Views)

Bala Mohammed Wins Bauchi Governorship Election / APC Rejects Inec’s Decision On Bauchi Governorship Election / INEC Declares Bauchi Governorship Election Inconclusive - TVC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Supreme Court Rules On Plateau And Bauchi Governorship Election 3pm by AfroBeatDiary: 1:14pm On Jan 20, 2020
I did a write up and documentary on Colorado Weed with videos of victims, check it here https://www.nairaland.com/5639742/colorado-new-ecstasy-madness-among
Re: Supreme Court Rules On Plateau And Bauchi Governorship Election 3pm by walex2(m): 1:15pm On Jan 20, 2020
Cutezt:
Lalong should please get out of that place, the man is very clueless, the man has proven it times without number, he once asked the people of Jos to thank buhari, cos when he assumed office, he didn't know what to do, it was buhari that advised him, this is at a public event o, I remember also during one of the 1st October parades at polo field, Lalong has most of his followership from the hausa people living in Jos and his people in Shendam, so when Lalong arrived the parade, his fans were screaming "GOVERNOR MAI PATCHI", meaning patch patch governor, he has not started and completed any project since he became governor, even in his hometown, the only thing he does is to patch potholes on the road, and that is only when his god, buhari is coming to the state.

If you want to see real tribalism in politics, Plateau State is the ultimate location, they will rather die than allow a Berom man rule.

Yes sir, they did, and they also ruled briefly during Botmang, any person who has been on the Plateau before and after Jang will confess that Jang is the best leader Plateau has ever had after Gomwalk, the development and infrastructure he made on the Plateau is second to none, and his works are still standing tall and speaking for him till date, secondly, even a blind man could see that it was a great sin to class late GNS Pwajok (Berom also) alongside Lalong, Lalong is no match at all, it is no one's fault that the Berom people have decided to make education and advancement their priority, so when their children come to contest for positions, there will be no contest, but the Plateau people saw GNS as a Berom agenda and ganged up against the Berom on a protest vote and they all voted for Lalong, I was in Jos at that time, you could be killed if you are caught pasting a GNS poster at rukuba road and Dilimi at that time, now, all of those who voted are crying and gnashing teeths.

Should we chose a lower standard person because the best candidate is from a certain tribe? Or was it his choice to be a Berom man?
i finished from UJAY in some 11 years back. J town is a city to behold, good weather amd nice atmosphere but it is shameful no good governance or people with good track records to lead the state, terminus market was destroyed by evil people and that brought the economy of the state to her kneels, no responsible governor will leave that unatended to, Bauchi road is no go area for christians again, because it was considered as a danger zone to non muslims . when you are in jos fruits is like give away...i miss j town
Re: Supreme Court Rules On Plateau And Bauchi Governorship Election 3pm by Bmaster(m): 1:19pm On Jan 20, 2020
Op, we need a live updates, i don't know if it's gonna be possible.
Re: Supreme Court Rules On Plateau And Bauchi Governorship Election 3pm by Xisnin(m): 1:20pm On Jan 20, 2020
Cutezt:

That isn't true either, the over 70 Plateau tribes simply ganged up on a protest vote for Lalong, they knew, but they just did not want any Berom man there, and about the Presidential election, even a blind man can see that Plateau people hates anything that looks like suffering, Buhari is definitely one and they sensed it from afar, he has never won any election in Plateau State since he began contesting, his loss is no shock at all.
It seems you didn't monitor the election.
If only Berom voted for Useni, he can't get 40% of the votes he did.
Go back and check the results again by local governments to clear your doubts.
Re: Supreme Court Rules On Plateau And Bauchi Governorship Election 3pm by garfield1: 1:22pm On Jan 20, 2020
Cutezt:
Lalong should please get out of that place, the man is very clueless, the man has proven it times without number, he once asked the people of Jos to thank buhari, cos when he assumed office, he didn't know what to do, it was buhari that advised him, this is at a public event o, I remember also during one of the 1st October parades at polo field, Lalong has most of his followership from the hausa people living in Jos and his people in Shendam, so when Lalong arrived the parade, his fans were screaming "GOVERNOR MAI PATCHI", meaning patch patch governor, he has not started and completed any project since he became governor, even in his hometown, the only thing he does is to patch potholes on the road, and that is only when his god, buhari is coming to the state.

If you want to see real tribalism in politics, Plateau State is the ultimate location, they will rather die than allow a Berom man rule.

Yes sir, they did, and they also ruled briefly during Botmang, any person who has been on the Plateau before and after Jang will confess that Jang is the best leader Plateau has ever had after Gomwalk, the development and infrastructure he made on the Plateau is second to none, and his works are still standing tall and speaking for him till date, secondly, even a blind man could see that it was a great sin to class late GNS Pwajok (Berom also) alongside Lalong, Lalong is no match at all, it is no one's fault that the Berom people have decided to make education and advancement their priority, so when their children come to contest for positions, there will be no contest, but the Plateau people saw GNS as a Berom agenda and ganged up against the Berom on a protest vote and they all voted for Lalong, I was in Jos at that time, you could be killed if you are caught pasting a GNS poster at rukuba road and Dilimi at that time, now, all of those who voted are crying and gnashing teeths.

Should we chose a lower standard person because the best candidate is from a certain tribe? Or was it his choice to be a Berom man?

That isn't true either, the over 70 Plateau tribes simply ganged up on a protest vote for Lalong, they knew, but they just did not want any Berom man there, and about the Presidential election, even a blind man can see that Plateau people hates anything that looks like suffering, Buhari is definitely one and they sensed it from afar, he has never won any election in Plateau State since he began contesting, his loss is no shock at all.

Not at all sir, The beroms are in about 5 LGA's in the state, it was not a local government thing, it was a tribal thing, even if GNS was a Berom man from Enugu at that time, they still wouldn't have voted for him.
It has to be by zoning.after lalong,central plateau will rule before the beroms again
Re: Supreme Court Rules On Plateau And Bauchi Governorship Election 3pm by Kunlesebi: 1:24pm On Jan 20, 2020
Naija paddy paddy
Re: Supreme Court Rules On Plateau And Bauchi Governorship Election 3pm by aristocratic5(m): 1:26pm On Jan 20, 2020
Rubbish
Re: Supreme Court Rules On Plateau And Bauchi Governorship Election 3pm by Corroro: 1:27pm On Jan 20, 2020
Hmmm I'd love to see the judgement on plateau state, I doubt this court will rule against the ruling party which is APC.

1 Like

Re: Supreme Court Rules On Plateau And Bauchi Governorship Election 3pm by Amos0904321: 1:27pm On Jan 20, 2020
see below
Re: Supreme Court Rules On Plateau And Bauchi Governorship Election 3pm by Corroro: 1:36pm On Jan 20, 2020
Cutezt:

Not at all sir, The beroms are in about 5 LGA's in the state, it was not a local government thing, it was a tribal thing, even if GNS was a Berom man from Enugu at that time, they still wouldn't have voted for him.
Oga, in as much as lalong might not be the best Governor to rule the plateau, it was way too much tribalism for GNS to take over mantle from Jang, anyone saying that was tribalism wouldn't be wrong, so don't blame the plateau people for voting in Lalong, if you were on the plateau at the time you'll know that it was a thing of "anyone but a beromite" because the positions of people in office and the way things were run at the time(workers not being paid their salaries) looked like the state was only for beroms.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Rules On Plateau And Bauchi Governorship Election 3pm by AmadorSays: 1:39pm On Jan 20, 2020
Let's wait and see how this one pans put
Re: Supreme Court Rules On Plateau And Bauchi Governorship Election 3pm by dalongjnr: 2:36pm On Jan 20, 2020
Cutezt:

No sir, that election was one of the greatest scams I've ever witnessed in my life, the rigging i witnessed was crazy, everyone was entitled to as much ballot papers as he wanted, there was absolutely no way Lalong was winning in a place like Barkin ladi where we have many Beroms, absolutely no way, I belong to many grassroots Plateau groups with thousands of Plateau people, everyone was thanking and commending the beroms after the elections, even Lalong knows he can't win a Berom LGA, not possible.

the best way to handle a credible election is electronically, and it should be sent immediately to a central database, in my opinion, the government should just reach an agreement with banks to reconfigure their ATM machines if possible, for 1 day, anyone can vote from anywhere, the cues to vote will be greatly reduced and everything will be faster, there should also be tight security at the banks with CCTV working very well.

As funny as it may sound, but it can be done.
My man,Don't lie on a public forum. From your submission, you don't know plateau politics. Just guise work. Let me answer you;
1. Lalong is not tribalistic as Hang.
2.You can compare the political exposure of LALONG TO Late GN PWAJOK,because when Lalong was the speaker of PSHA and the chairman of conference of speakers States house of assembly in Nigeria, GN PWAJOK was a mere lecturer ii.
3.You said lalong never started and completed any project. Lailai kam,from maraban Jama'a to terminus is completed,miyango-wildlife-dong-rafiki,initiated and completed, PSSH-DOGON KARFE both sides,initiated and completed, various road projects initiated and completed in rayfield. Go and check angwan rogo and comment. Completed bukkuru- rayfield junction road,kugiya-angwan Doki road(this road even linked to the former governors house),all within Jos. My brother, you are blind.
2.He revived the fertilizer blending plant in bokkos,the one your god(jang),closed down because he was fighting Dariya(his predecessor). Same with the state university(closed indefinitely by jang for reasons best known to him), same was reopened by LALONG, WITH 3 SETS ALREADY DONE with THEIR NYSC. Let me come for you later but better stop the lie because you don't know that some plateau elites are on a forum like this.

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Rules On Plateau And Bauchi Governorship Election 3pm by tityboi: 3:50pm On Jan 20, 2020
Oh
Re: Supreme Court Rules On Plateau And Bauchi Governorship Election 3pm by magzey: 3:52pm On Jan 20, 2020
Dpharisee:
Now that Justice Tanko has recused himself, we don't expect any changes or surprise
Is he the only Judge there?

2 Likes

Re: Supreme Court Rules On Plateau And Bauchi Governorship Election 3pm by adedayoa2(f): 4:29pm On Jan 20, 2020
3pm? And their supporters block secretariat since morning.
Re: Supreme Court Rules On Plateau And Bauchi Governorship Election 3pm by Nobody: 4:37pm On Jan 20, 2020
The court that has been bastardised by the executive
Re: Supreme Court Rules On Plateau And Bauchi Governorship Election 3pm by Culin(f): 5:16pm On Jan 20, 2020
Update. Or op just posted for posting sake?
Re: Supreme Court Rules On Plateau And Bauchi Governorship Election 3pm by DUNKA(m): 5:43am On Jan 21, 2020

(1) (2) (Reply)

Peter Obi: Opposition Using Fake News On Social Media And Blaming Labour Party / Opinion: Peter Obi Show Us Your Real Face By Osigwe Omo-ikirodah / INEC Confirms Tambuwal As Sokoto PDP Governorship Candidate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.