Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,102 members, 7,807,315 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 12:12 PM

N-power, Tradermoni : A Call For Help - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / N-power, Tradermoni : A Call For Help (350 Views)

Vp Osinbajo,ambode And Sanwo-olu Storm Lagos Markets 4 Tradermoni Empowerment(pi / Tradermoni Recipent Claimed #8000 Was Paid Instead Of #10000 (pix) / Jubilation In Onitsha As Petty Traders Receive N10,000 FG TraderMoni Scheme (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

N-power, Tradermoni : A Call For Help by Lydia696: 3:02pm On Jan 20, 2020
N-Power, TraderMoni : A Call. For Help

I got familiar with the workings of the social investment schemes sometime in 2016 because my only brother was selected as an N-power beneficiary. Note that he had been a graduate of the Olabisi Onabanjo University for 4 years with nothing tangible to do aside occasionally getting involved in petty squabbles on our street, either about football or at the gin seller’s place (we lived in Alagbado then).

If you came from a family of 7; 4 girls 1 boy, a late father and a struggling mother you would understand why his idleness must have been a source of great worry for us all. I don’t know who introduced him to the N-power program but they’ll forever be in my prayers.

He was trained under the N-agro segment of the scheme, released in 2018, we rallied around for him and long story short Daniel now owns and operates his own fish farm in Sangotedo with over 3,000 fish (I would have uploaded pictures on here but he doesn’t want that).

My brother’s success and my natural curiosity made me dig deeper and I found there were even other programs other than N-power like the one for petty traders called TraderMoni and another for farmers, FarmerMoni, lol. Also a couple of others like the one where school kids are fed daily (can’t recall the name). Sadly all I have heard in recent times about these schemes are complaints and lamentations, a couple of facebook posts from the new beneficiaries saying they’d not been paid, and this or that.

My brother then helped me understand that the system had changed as the government had created a whole ministry to govern the affairs of these programs (they used to be run by VP Osinbajo’s office) which should actually have been a great news because it signifies hope for a lot of other ‘Daniels’ out there.

However in a country like Nigeria, anything run under a Federal Ministry is mostly mismanaged and this is exactly what is becoming of the NSIP’s and it breaks my heart. Recently, there have been photos of school children eating lunch without meat or eggs, meals that look like remains from a privileged man’s table. When does impunity in my country stop? Who cursed us with incapable and selfish public office holders?

I write this to admonish the government to audit and probe the affairs of that Ministry even if it’s new; it looks like one that’ll breed recklessness and corruption. A lot of innocent lives are at stake!

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: N-power, Tradermoni : A Call For Help by Zeemam: 3:06pm On Jan 20, 2020
Honestly social investment schemesrestored a lot of life when the scheme was under the VP's office, i hope the FG do all they can to keep the scheme basking. God bless Nigeria
Re: N-power, Tradermoni : A Call For Help by okefrancis: 3:08pm On Jan 20, 2020
Everything was perfect and okay while under the VP osinbajo but now that it has been transferred to the ministry of humanitarian then the story changed ,so I'm appealing to the federal government to allow it be under the VP osinbajo again so that masses can start enjoying again

1 Like 1 Share

Re: N-power, Tradermoni : A Call For Help by Arubajagz: 3:09pm On Jan 20, 2020
For a programme that has helped millions of Nigerians from all sides of the divide, this is one thing that must not be allowed to suffer from the dreaded 'Nigerian Factor' that kills good initiatives due to the lackadaisical attitudes from civil servants and appointed ministers.
Re: N-power, Tradermoni : A Call For Help by kcub: 3:10pm On Jan 20, 2020
This scheme is truly one of its kind to happen in Nigeria.

We know Nigeria is plagued with corrupt individuals, the sustainability of this programme is a critical part as a whole as as op said the govt has to closely monitor it embarassed
Re: N-power, Tradermoni : A Call For Help by Lydia696: 3:13pm On Jan 20, 2020
Everything was going smoothly when it was under the Vice President Osinbajo office, on till the new changing to the ministry of humanitarian
Re: N-power, Tradermoni : A Call For Help by clevvermind(m): 3:14pm On Jan 20, 2020
this is one of the good thing I see in this administration.
Re: N-power, Tradermoni : A Call For Help by Laghondi2008: 3:15pm On Jan 20, 2020
N-power TraderMoni is one among the best programs in Nigeria that help and change the life of the common man. Nigeria shall prevail Insha Allah.
Re: N-power, Tradermoni : A Call For Help by Temmy1997(f): 3:16pm On Jan 20, 2020
The scheme is really nice and I must commend the FG for this but some people still refuse to believe this and they even critise it.

Osinbajo also is part of what really makes the scheme more effective you were to ask me.
Re: N-power, Tradermoni : A Call For Help by luluosas(m): 3:18pm On Jan 20, 2020
The program died the day Buhari removed it from the VP's office
Re: N-power, Tradermoni : A Call For Help by Shooyie: 3:45pm On Jan 20, 2020
The NSIP was a very good initiative put in place by the Buhari-led administration to help the citizens ranging from the unemployed youths to young entrepreneurs and market men and women. The VP was doing a great job before it was institutionalized, I really do hope they look into reasons why that ministry has been inactive.
Re: N-power, Tradermoni : A Call For Help by TheRareGem1(f): 3:55pm On Jan 20, 2020
Now we have seen the difference between VP's overseeing NSIP and ministry overseeing NSIP. Under VP ; adequate payment of NSiP beneficiaries, contrary to ministry of humanirian and disaster management. What a shame.
The scheme shouldn't have left VP's office.
I always knew it's politically motivated.
Re: N-power, Tradermoni : A Call For Help by ojokolax: 4:13pm On Jan 20, 2020
while the reasons given by the Presidency to establish the NSIP's in a ministry was very valid, it seems that the same ministry has taken on the form of life of the average Nigerian workplace of abject complacency. the citizenry can actually see for themselves the differences between when the project was handled by the of VP Osinbajo and whats obtainable now.

(1) (Reply)

Oyo State Seeks Collaboration With Covenant University On Energy Suffiency / SW Govs Meets With The FG on Amotekun, AGF Said He Was Misquoted By The Media / Akpabio Has Landed: Good Or Bad?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.