Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:57 PM

I Witness The Highest Height Of Ingratitude Today From A Bike Man - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / I Witness The Highest Height Of Ingratitude Today From A Bike Man (1427 Views)

Bike Man Caught Having Anal Sex With A Small Girl In Delta / A Bike Man Shot Dead In Kogi State (Graphic Photos) / Two Prostitutes Held Bike Man For Refusing To Pay After Sleeping With Them. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Witness The Highest Height Of Ingratitude Today From A Bike Man by lawrsmith(m): 3:18pm On Jan 20, 2020
Good morning Nairalanders, i will like to be brief with my experience with a a bike man today.
very early in the morning today i picked a bike from my house heading to my office, i asked the bike man how much, he said two hundred naira( N200k), i entered the bike off we go heading to my office, along the line i said to him " hey Mr. man this your speed is too much, will you please reduced the speeding"? the young man kept mute and even went ahead increase his acceleration and i was pissed off because of the way he ignored me, i did not have any option than to be praying within myself for me to alert his bike unhurt.

Then, we continued with the journey, it was not up to 10 pools after when i told him to stop speeding he hit someones bum bar from behind.
what happened was that we arrived at T-junction, normally he supposed to have reduced speeding before getting to that place but unfortunately for him, he did not, and he ended up hitting a Toyota Camry 2010 model,the owner of the Camry stopped to allowed the other vehicles coming from the other lane to passed before he could crossed, but this my reckless bike man could not noticed it on time so he ended up hitting the bum bar and the paint scratched, though the damages was not much only the paint was scratch and it was not even much. Then the man came down to check if there's a scratch on his car, after seen the scratch, he insisted that the bike man must follow him to the Mechanic and get his car fixed, the bike man and people around start pleading the man to have mercy and forgive the bike man, he refused with this ego and pomposity, he keep speaking big big grammar, from there he started raining insults on the bike man, saying that nothing will ever making him to forgive the bike man.

while this was going on, i kept my distance, reason was because i warned him early on. the bike man went as far as telling the man almost all his lives stories, hopping that the man will forgive him, but he refused, He continued begging him to forgive him because the bike was not yet his own, that he started driving the bike on hire purchase just last week and as a result he can not afford to repaint the car. on this note my mind was softened couple with the way the man was speaking to the bike man, i joined the begging crew, i begged and begged, and the man refused maintaining that the car must be repair and it was obvious for everyone there that the bike man doesn't have the resources to repair the car, because he was kneeling, crawling on the man's feet to forgive him, the man was not moved with his tears. where i was i was already boiling and i was about having issue with the man not minding that the bike man was at fault, but on the second thought i was able to get hold on myself.

The next thing the man did was to snapped the scratched part, moved a little bit further start making calls, so people around believed that he was calling policemen to come and get the guy arrested since he could not afford to repair the car, on this point i went and meet the man, i told him to enter his car lets go to the Mechanic that i will pay for the damage, he now put off the call and asked me " young man did you really wants to pay for the repair of my car ? i said yes Sir, he said ok lets go, he entered his car. i now joined the bike man for him to start the bike so that we will go to the Mechanic, the man entered his car reversed back a little bit closed to us and said to the bike man, " thank your God, if not because of this young man you would have slept in the prison at least for 3 days" he now zoomed off. Then the bike man and people around there started thanking me while i told the bike man to take me to my office.

Now the main reason why i posted this here, fast forward to where i will stop, i alerted the bike, deep my hand inside my pocket, and gave to the bike man the N200k we bargained, he collected the money, no thank you for the money, start his machine and speed off while i entered my office.
while seating in my office a lots of thoughts was running through my mind. is this the guy i spent almost 3 hours on the road begging on his behalf? i abandoned what i supposed to do in order to make sure that his case was resolved, normally, some people would have stopped another bike bike and continued their journey even without paying him, but i said no, that i must see the end of this case. this is the guy i wanted to spend my hard earned money on, just to make sure that he did not sleep in the prison. off course i was expecting him to reject the money when i gave him the money, but he did not neither did he make any effort to appreciate my gesture to him.

What i learnt with this is that some people does not merit to be mercy for, some people actually deserved to allowed to suffer for their sins, yes i mean it. i have not seen this type of ingratitude before, my thought throughout today is that, had it been that the man did not changed his mind, so this is how i would have spent my had earned money on someone who could have not let go of his N200 because of me? wow is this how wicked some people can be?

4 Likes

Re: I Witness The Highest Height Of Ingratitude Today From A Bike Man by donstan18: 3:22pm On Jan 20, 2020
We all are not born grateful. There must never ungrateful people so long as the word exist.

If you good bruv, you good. Do not change because of another person's ungratefulness.

Also, do not help people with full expectations of gratefulness or reward.

2 Likes

Re: I Witness The Highest Height Of Ingratitude Today From A Bike Man by Marcofranz(m): 3:35pm On Jan 20, 2020
What's he suppose to do ? Follow you to your house ? It would have been an issue if you had paid for the damage. There's no issue here what about those other persons that begged .
Re: I Witness The Highest Height Of Ingratitude Today From A Bike Man by Evangkatsoulis: 3:35pm On Jan 20, 2020
lawrsmith:
Good morning Nairalanders, i will like to be brief with my experience with a a bike man today.
very early in the morning today i picked a bike from my house heading to my office, i asked the bike man how much, he said two hundred naira( N200k), i entered the bike off we go heading to my office, along the line i said to him " hey Mr. man this your speed is too much, will you please reduced the speeding"? the young man kept mute and even went ahead increase his acceleration and i was pissed off because of the way he ignored me, i did not have any option than to be praying within myself for me to alert his bike unhurt.

Then, we continued with the journey, it was not up to 10 pools after when i told him to stop speeding he hit someones bum bar from behind.
what happened was that we arrived at T-junction, normally he supposed to have reduced speeding before getting to that place but unfortunately for him, he did not, and he ended up hitting a Toyota Camry 2010 model,the owner of the Camry stopped to allowed the other vehicles coming from the other lane to passed before he could crossed, but this my reckless bike man could not noticed it on time so he ended up hitting the bum bar and the paint scratched, though the damages was not much only the paint was scratch and it was not even much. Then the man came down to check if there's a scratch on his car, after seen the scratch, he insisted that the bike man must follow him to the Mechanic and get his car fixed, the bike man and people around start pleading the man to have mercy and forgive the bike man, he refused with this ego and pomposity, he keep speaking big big grammar, from there he started raining insults on the bike man, saying that nothing will ever making him to forgive the bike man.

while this was going on, i kept my distance, reason was because i warned him early on. the bike man went as far as telling the man almost all his lives stories, hopping that the man will forgive him, but he refused, He continued begging him to forgive him because the bike was not yet his own, that he started driving the bike on hire purchase just last week and as a result he can not afford to repaint the car. on this note my mind was softened couple with the way the man was speaking to the bike man, i joined the begging crew, i begged and begged, and the man refused maintaining that the car must be repair and it was obvious for everyone there that the bike man doesn't have the resources to repair the car, because he was kneeling, crawling on the man's feet to forgive him, the man was not moved with his tears. where i was i was already boiling and i was about having issue with the man not minding that the bike man was at fault, but on the second thought i was able to get hold on myself.

The next thing the man did was to snapped the scratched part, moved a little bit further start making calls, so people around believed that he was calling policemen to come and get the guy arrested since he could not afford to repair the car, on this point i went and meet the man, i told him to enter his car lets go to the Mechanic that i will pay for the damage, he now put off the call and asked me " young man did you really wants to pay for the repair of my car ? i said yes Sir, he said ok lets go, he entered his car. i now joined the bike man for him to start the bike so that we will go to the Mechanic, the man entered his car reversed back a little bit closed to us and said to the bike man, " thank your God, if not because of this young man you would have slept in the prison at least for 3 days" he now zoomed off. Then the bike man and people around there started thanking me while i told the bike man to take me to my office.

Now the main reason why i posted this here, fast forward to where i will stop, i alerted the bike, deep my hand inside my pocket, and gave to the bike man the N200k we bargained, he collected the money, no thank you for the money, start his machine and speed off while i entered my office.
while seating in my office a lots of thoughts was running through my mind. is this the guy i spent almost 3 hours on the road begging on his behalf? i abandoned what i supposed to do in order to make sure that his case was resolved, normally, some people would have stopped another bike bike and continued their journey even without paying him, but i said no, that i must see the end of this case. this is the guy i wanted to spend my hard earned money on, just to make sure that he did not sleep in the prison. off course i was expecting him to reject the money when i gave him the money, but he did not neither did he make any effort to appreciate my gesture to him.

What i learnt with this is that some people does not merit to be mercy for, some people actually deserved to allowed to suffer for their sins, yes i mean it. i have not seen this type of ingratitude before, my thought throughout today is that, had it been that the man did not changed his mind, so this is how i would have spent my had earned money on someone who could have not let go of his N200 because of me? wow is this how wicked some people can be?

But you didn't pay for the scratch na?
Re: I Witness The Highest Height Of Ingratitude Today From A Bike Man by lawrsmith(m): 5:18pm On Jan 20, 2020
Marcofranz:
What's he suppose to do ? Follow you to your house ? It would have been an issue if you had paid for the damage. There's no issue here what about those other persons that begged .
saying that it would have been an issue if I paid for the scratch is like saying that we should wait until we received a kind gesture from people before we do good to them. Come to think of it, if we have to go with your judgement, it means that we have to wait until we received favour from people before we help them. This means that I shouldn't have accepted to repair the scratch in the first place having in mind that I did not know this guy before and judging from his reckless driving. . You asked of other people that begged, yes they pleaded the man but non of them were ready to go beyond that.
Re: I Witness The Highest Height Of Ingratitude Today From A Bike Man by Fierce11: 5:23pm On Jan 20, 2020
Please, we should learn to use punctuation marks and capital letters -where necessary- while composing an article or even a short message.
Lack of using punctuations, causes the message -whether interesting or not- to look like a collection of utter rubbish.
I apologize if any feeling was hurt but please, do the right thing.
Re: I Witness The Highest Height Of Ingratitude Today From A Bike Man by ashawopikin(m): 6:13pm On Jan 20, 2020
lawrsmith:

op don't ever stop doing good, God will surely reward you

1 Like

Re: I Witness The Highest Height Of Ingratitude Today From A Bike Man by Hedonisco: 6:25pm On Jan 20, 2020
donstan18:
We all are not born grateful. There must never ungrateful people so long as the word exist.

If you good bruv, you good. Do not change because of another person's ungratefulness.

Also, do not help people with foul expectations of gratefulness or reward.
FOUL expectation of gratefulness? Are you fucking kidding me? What is foul about expecting someone you've stuck out your neck for to do even a basic thank you? You Nigerians have a ridiculously evil sense of entitlement, it makes me sick.

Even God expects to be praised and thanked "whether good or bad", so what's your point?

Jeez.

1 Like

Re: I Witness The Highest Height Of Ingratitude Today From A Bike Man by black9: 12:06am On Jan 21, 2020
lawrsmith:

I even believe that most times by sticking our noses in Karma's business with someone else, we automatically dey buy market for ourselves. This time, God wanted you to learn and you did. Cheers bro.

1 Like

Re: I Witness The Highest Height Of Ingratitude Today From A Bike Man by jabolo(m): 1:42am On Jan 21, 2020
donstan18:
Also, do not help people with full expectations of gratefulness or reward.

This.

It's a little disconcerting that the OP rushed over to NL to compose this long message primarily because the bike man still collected his fare.

If it's because he didn't say 'thank you', I would just count that as rudeness and lack of home training.

But, expecting him to forgo the fare as recompense for your intervention is a different matter.
Re: I Witness The Highest Height Of Ingratitude Today From A Bike Man by nlPoster: 3:38am On Jan 21, 2020
Re: I Witness The Highest Height Of Ingratitude Today From A Bike Man by Greatzeus(m): 4:36am On Jan 21, 2020
From your write up,you were on your way to work yet spent 3 hours with the bike man while he was begging the other driver? Are you the CEO ? 3 hours late to work? I smell little exaggeration.
You finished your write up by saying the bike man is wicked because he couldn't let go of N200 bike fare. I think this is what is really paining you,and what actually motivated your write up.
You begged on his behave and feel entitled to free bike ride. See most of these bike men see N200 has N1000, they suffer under the sun to earn even N50, so please understand where he's coming from.
Re: I Witness The Highest Height Of Ingratitude Today From A Bike Man by Jabioro: 5:38am On Jan 21, 2020
You have done well OP,but next time don't expect any gratefulness in returned.You have done what God wanted you to do for him..your reward of yours gestures comes through another way.
Re: I Witness The Highest Height Of Ingratitude Today From A Bike Man by Snails: 7:09am On Jan 21, 2020
helping people should be selfless, stop feeling entitled. . . . . what if he said "thank you" and you couldn't hear him?
Re: I Witness The Highest Height Of Ingratitude Today From A Bike Man by Enskynelson(m): 11:00am On Jan 21, 2020
OP, you have done well.
The only advise I have for you is that when you are out to help people, do it because of God. If you do because of man, man will always forget, or be ungrateful. The bikeman cannot reward you but God can. Cheers.
Re: I Witness The Highest Height Of Ingratitude Today From A Bike Man by realmofy(m): 12:15am On Jan 23, 2020
Evangkatsoulis:

But you didn't pay for the scratch na?
My brother...that is life. But if there is work in ur office, please I need ....I will gladly appreciate it sir. My name is oluwafemi Emmanuel and my Num is. 07064714590
Re: I Witness The Highest Height Of Ingratitude Today From A Bike Man by Nobody: 3:32am On Jan 23, 2020
lawrsmith:

Why do Yoruba men say bumbar grin

(1) (Reply)

Suspected Fulani Herdsmen Shoots Medical Doctor At Ogoja (Graphic) / Bet9ja Bonus Is Dubious / A Life Devoted To Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 124
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.