Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,393 members, 7,808,383 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:15 AM

Transmission Oil Filter - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Transmission Oil Filter (901 Views)

Please I Want To Know The Type Of Transmission Oil For Lexus Es350 / New Items Alert.. Mobil 1 Oil ...prestone Coolant.... Fram Oil Filter / Oil Filter For Sale (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Transmission Oil Filter by babatee1985(m): 5:36pm On Jan 20, 2020
Good evening dear nairalander's, I need your help car gurus in the house.... I drive a Nissan Altima 2000 model, there is one day that I travelled to sango otta in ogun state and I entered a very deep flood coz rain fell so heavily that day. After getting out of the flood, I noticed the car engine started revving high once I accelerate slowly but will do normal when I'm speeding. When I got to my house, I took it to my mechanic and he said it is gear issue. I was shocked coz the gear was working perfectly well until I entered the flood. I took it to a guy who is a gear expert and after test driving, he said the gear is still okay coz it selects well aside the high revving issue. He told me that the only thing that can cause the issue is that the transmission oil filter must have been clogged after entering the flood. He now said he will have to wash the oil filter to remove clog from it and I will have to buy another transmission oil to service the gear. He said I will need 8 litres of the oil(4 litres x2). Now my question is..... Is it necessary that I must change the oil after the filter has been washed, can't he drain the oil, wash the filter and replace it back with the same oil? Secondly, do I need up to 8 litres of oil to service my transmission? I need your contributions please gurus in the house.
Re: Transmission Oil Filter by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jan 20, 2020
Just one quick question: was your check engine light on before the swim in the flood?
Re: Transmission Oil Filter by AshipaEk0: 11:40pm On Jan 20, 2020
If truly flood water bleeped up the transmission filter, don't you think there's water in the transmission oil ?

So how you wan take dey recycle that same oil?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Lexus Begins Selling The First UX300 Electric Car In China / Alexa App For Echo Dot | Echo Dot App Download / I Need Help On Airbag Change

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.