Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,737 members, 7,802,219 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:14 AM

Are You Attracted To Popularity And Powerful People? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Are You Attracted To Popularity And Powerful People? (2735 Views)

Does Popularity And Fame Make A Man Or Woman More Desirable / Nigerian Men: Why Are You Attracted To Jamo, Akata, And Islander Sisters? / Ladies, Are You Attracted To Muscular Men? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are You Attracted To Popularity And Powerful People? by larger20(m): 6:37pm On Jan 22, 2006
I am just curious cos power is one thing that attracts me to people ...are u the same?
Re: Are You Attracted To Popularity And Powerful People? by Seun(m): 10:56pm On Jan 22, 2006
You are attracted to women who are more powerful than you? You are a rare breed indeed, and I doff my hat to you!
Re: Are You Attracted To Popularity And Powerful People? by dejiolowe: 2:06pm On Jan 26, 2006
someone better be attracted to me.
Re: Are You Attracted To Popularity And Powerful People? by naijacutie(f): 7:46pm On Jan 26, 2006
I tend to view powerful people as being quite confident and I believe that's what I find attractive...irresistible...enticing...magnetic...oh, maybe I should stop now! grin grin grin
Re: Are You Attracted To Popularity And Powerful People? by IAH(f): 7:59pm On Jan 26, 2006
All women are attracted to powerful and popular men. There's no denying that fact! And No, I'm not speaking for myself only!
Re: Are You Attracted To Popularity And Powerful People? by c0dec(m): 8:09pm On Jan 26, 2006
IAH:

All women are attracted to powerful and popular men. There's no denying that fact! And No, I'm not speaking for myself only!

i was just about to say that
Re: Are You Attracted To Popularity And Powerful People? by naijacutie(f): 8:15pm On Jan 26, 2006
So are you guys saying that being popular and powerful go hand in hand? Personally, I enjoy powerful men but I'm not a big fan of very popular men. I don't think that in order to be powerful, you must be popular and vice versa. What do you guys think?
Re: Are You Attracted To Popularity And Powerful People? by IAH(f): 8:17pm On Jan 26, 2006
So who is a powerful man wielding his power over? Cockroaches?
You might be popular and not powerful but you can't possibly be powerful and not popular!
Re: Are You Attracted To Popularity And Powerful People? by naijacutie(f): 8:27pm On Jan 26, 2006
LOL When I speak of my attraction to powerful men, I mean those who are in full control of their lives and exercise such humility that one would never guess the power they possess. This does not have to necessarily be the qualities of a popular man.

1 Like

Re: Are You Attracted To Popularity And Powerful People? by IAH(f): 8:29pm On Jan 26, 2006
naijacutie:

cheesy When I speak of my attraction to powerful men, I mean those who are in full control of their lives and exercise such humility that one would never guess the power they possess.

Well, that's not the kind of power we are talking about here. Merely seeing the topic stating "Powerful and Popular", I guess you should know the type of power that is being discussed.
Re: Are You Attracted To Popularity And Powerful People? by naijacutie(f): 8:33pm On Jan 26, 2006
I was stating what I found as an exception in my case but since the kind of power I appreciate isn't the discussion, I will gracefullly bow out. Peace.
Re: Are You Attracted To Popularity And Powerful People? by shockreaction(m): 10:24pm On Jan 26, 2006
No.
Re: Are You Attracted To Popularity And Powerful People? by dejiolowe: 11:50pm On Jan 26, 2006
which kind of power u guys talking about. i dont understand again o
Re: Are You Attracted To Popularity And Powerful People? by gentleaura(m): 12:57am On Jan 27, 2006
could we be more str8-forward here.....U need to define the kinda power you are talking about??.....
Re: Are You Attracted To Popularity And Powerful People? by larger20(m): 1:45am On Jan 27, 2006
Let me give few examples

Bill gate: richest and a very humble personality, helping out the world in the fight against HIV
BoNo: He is the hardcore guy in the popular band , U2 and was Named the most infuluential person of 2005 along with bill and melinda gates for their fight against HIV
Nelson Mandela: Hardcore Freedom fighter
Oprah wenfry: One of the best talk shows on earth, and one of the richest people in america
Gani fewahim: Lagos based lawyer and big critics of OBJ admin.
Alahaji Dangote: He made his money from a straight forward way and commited to convincing nigerians to invest in nigeria. He remains one of the richest men in nigeria
Okonjo Iweala - Nigerian Senior Economic Reformer and the Minister of finance, nigeria has recovered millions of dollars since she took her seat 2 years ago
Chinua Achebe and Wole soyinka - The two writers that took nigeria across our boarder. Their books has been transformed to over 100 languages world wide.
Usher - The ladies man, always have something to add to already uphoric atmosphere in the cloud.
Beyonce - Hot and richest among the three destiny kids

When I mean popular and powerful, I wasnt refeering to greedy politicians we have in our country, people like abacha and his team.

1 Like

Re: Are You Attracted To Popularity And Powerful People? by Scorpio(f): 1:47am On Jan 27, 2006
Am i attracted to poularity n powerful people? Not really, more of a 40% attraction..they all come with their different set of problems n i ain't ready for that!
Re: Are You Attracted To Popularity And Powerful People? by tamia(f): 2:09am On Jan 27, 2006
well popularity turns me on so bad!!!!!!! i dunno why but if ur popular u get a spot in my heart
Re: Are You Attracted To Popularity And Powerful People? by erekihc: 1:28pm On Jan 30, 2006
Not sure I have heard of Bill gate, Oprah wenfry, Gani fewahim, Alahaji Dangote. Has anyone?
Re: Are You Attracted To Popularity And Powerful People? by LoverBwoy(m): 10:42am On Feb 03, 2006
erekihc:

Not sure I have heard of Bill gate, Oprah wenfry, Gani fewahim, Alahaji Dangote. Has anyone?

what do u mean...these people are influential people if u try pretending u've never heard of them that means this people make things happen for people like u ...fix up! look sharp! stop pretending!....they donate loads of money/time to charities,they are hardworking they convince people in power n other wealthy people to support their work in helping the poor n disabled...
these are people that should be acknowledged

i bet 've heard of IBB,Abacha,Pastor A B n co wink
Re: Are You Attracted To Popularity And Powerful People? by hotangel2(f): 12:18am On Feb 04, 2006
Powerful in bed?
Powerful as in can fight for you?
Powerful as in RICH?
Powerful as in the words he use?
Powerful as in everything?

Popular cos he's a thief?
Popular cos he kills?
Popular cos he's rich?
Popular cos he's dating me? wink

Which one are we talking abt?

Well me ooo.. i like a man that people know. I mean like hello.. Even if people dont know him before.. they'll know him when he starts dating me. BUT... he has to be powerful.. And yes.. i mean powerful as in RICH. It's not a must.. it's just a neccessity.
Re: Are You Attracted To Popularity And Powerful People? by larger20(m): 12:49am On Feb 04, 2006
hot-angel:

Powerful in bed?
Powerful as in can fight for you?
Powerful as in RICH?
Powerful as in the words he use?
Powerful as in everything?

Popular because he's a thief?
Popular because he kills?
Popular because he's rich?
Popular because he's dating me? wink

Which one are we talking about?

Well me ooo.. i like a man that people know. I mean like hello.. Even if people don't know him before.. they'll know him when he starts dating me. BUT... he has to be powerful.. And yes.. i mean powerful as in RICH. It's not a must.. it's just a neccessity.

Am sure every girl will say powerful as in "rich" so that all ur hearth desires will be full filled. I am sure every girl will say powerful as in "bed" or a man that last long enough..
Re: Are You Attracted To Popularity And Powerful People? by Rhodalyn(f): 4:34pm On Feb 22, 2006
Powerful in bed?
Popular because he's a thief?
Popular because he kills?
Popular because he's dating me? wink
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Are You Attracted To Popularity And Powerful People? by Esss(m): 9:58am On Jun 27, 2007
larger_20:

Let me give few examples
Alahaji Dangote: He made his money from a straight forward way and commited to convincing nigerians to invest in nigeria. He remains one of the richest men in nigeria

larger_20:

When I mean popular and powerful, I wasnt refeering to greedy politicians we have in our country, people like abacha and his team.

Ermm!! I do not understand. you used both these ssentences in one post, can you please explain cos they contradict each order.

(1) (Reply)

My Fiancee Want To Travel Abroad For Greener Pastures,should I Allow Her To Go? / Omg, Is She Lying? / Guys And Girls? I Need Your Views Towards This:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.