Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,985 members, 7,806,870 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:39 AM

Parents, Students Lament High ‘Acceptance Fee’ In Public Universities - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Parents, Students Lament High ‘Acceptance Fee’ In Public Universities (25652 Views)

University Of Ibadan Students Lament 450–750% Fee Hike / Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees / Strike: ASUU Tells Parents, Students What To Do As Strike Continues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parents, Students Lament High ‘Acceptance Fee’ In Public Universities by Nobody: 8:59am On Jan 21, 2020
fiercehillz:
Things are changing really fast...I remember spending just 98k for tuition and other charges from year 1 to year 5 during my stay in Uniben.

Uniben is becoming expensive, my school fees was 10k each year. If you look at the chart above Uniben seems to have the highest acceptance fee now. Even after spending such an exorbitant amount; after graduation there're still no jobs. You start learning skills all over again, is like education is of no use.
Re: Parents, Students Lament High ‘Acceptance Fee’ In Public Universities by uchvic(m): 9:02am On Jan 21, 2020
As at when I got provisional admission into Abia State University to study Education in 2012, I paid 40k as Acceptance Fee.. Law and other faculties paid as high as 60k -70k depending on the faculty.. today, newly admitted student paid as high as 100k as acceptance fee for faculty of Education, not to mention other fees like Developmental and Accreditation!!!

I wasn't properly guided, I for sum the whole money, use am as capital to run china
Re: Parents, Students Lament High ‘Acceptance Fee’ In Public Universities by OnlineWell(m): 9:19am On Jan 21, 2020
What the heck! The fees now are exorbitant..Back then, these charges will support you throughout your stay in the University
Re: Parents, Students Lament High ‘Acceptance Fee’ In Public Universities by Alanine1123: 9:42am On Jan 21, 2020
God bless Usman Danfodio University, Sokoto(UDUS) their acceptance was #5000 in 2018/2019 session but it has been increased to #7000 this year..

The greediness of federal universities in southern Nigeria is much higher when compare to federal universities in the North.

2 Likes

Re: Parents, Students Lament High ‘Acceptance Fee’ In Public Universities by Ayubz(m): 9:46am On Jan 21, 2020
AdamsAbubakar:
This is why I love my school ABU, Zaria. There's nothing like acceptance fee, and the school is doing better than most of the Universities in Nigeria. No department pays up to N36,000 for school fees, medical fees, faculty charges and other charges. Freshers in my department pay just N29,500.
wow seriously plz chat me if u ar on whatsapp
Re: Parents, Students Lament High ‘Acceptance Fee’ In Public Universities by eddieguru(m): 9:50am On Jan 21, 2020
anonimi:

There are alternatives- technical colleges, vocational schools, certifications, apprenticeships.
Na by force to go university and risk being unemployed as they wait for white collar jobs
...I have nothing to say to you cool
Re: Parents, Students Lament High ‘Acceptance Fee’ In Public Universities by Jeamillz2020(m): 9:57am On Jan 21, 2020
At the end those idiots lecturers we still told the girls among them to open legs. Lectures doing this your children go suffer you no go they there. I promise you

1 Like

Re: Parents, Students Lament High ‘Acceptance Fee’ In Public Universities by Ivypresh(f): 10:11am On Jan 21, 2020
Uniben is d oga kpatakpata of dem all in extortion I paid 60k acceptance and 70k school fee an arts student oo minus d small small charges course reg was increased and there is dis hope dat after ur 100l school fee u start paying way lesser like 15k but I pay 41, 400 yearly and most people have not even paid in my class so dey don't bother applying for hostel
Re: Parents, Students Lament High ‘Acceptance Fee’ In Public Universities by edoairways: 10:12am On Jan 21, 2020
Ibrahimmrfish:

Almost all northern universities are cheap,cause they are trying to encourage their people to apply. They don't receive anything more than the southern universities.
Hmmmm!
Re: Parents, Students Lament High ‘Acceptance Fee’ In Public Universities by Starkid3010(m): 10:20am On Jan 21, 2020
SlimMissy:

So the acceptance fee of UI is much? Compared to the ones we see here?
Shey you want them to add money ni?
ui is a federal school...
So shouldnt compare it with the ones above
Re: Parents, Students Lament High ‘Acceptance Fee’ In Public Universities by Gerrard59(m): 10:36am On Jan 21, 2020
Opemi93:
What about Eksu nursing dept pays 107k as acceptance fee and 170k as school fees and they still have to dept and faculty fee plus all this association fee

shocked shocked
Re: Parents, Students Lament High ‘Acceptance Fee’ In Public Universities by Offpoint: 10:51am On Jan 21, 2020
spafu:
The tire person o. Na you dem give admission and you willingly accept am but them go say make you pay for accepting the admission. Mad Oh
Mad oh my brother, I think na only read that one...

like those facebook "Thank you for accepting me"

1 Like

Re: Parents, Students Lament High ‘Acceptance Fee’ In Public Universities by Kinikini: 10:58am On Jan 21, 2020
Re: Parents, Students Lament High ‘Acceptance Fee’ In Public Universities by wanger50(m): 11:28am On Jan 21, 2020
edoairways:

That is because he receive more subvention from the government than other federal universities
Regardless of your profile name here, you sound to me like one of those southern guys that blame every of their misfortune on the north. Let me reemphasize as I have always said that the difference between the north and south in terms of development is honesty and empathy.If you have ever lived or visited the north, the level of injustice, inhumanity and wickedness that pervades the south will not seize amazing you.I for one is from the south but had the privilege of schooling in the far north for my undergraduate.I didn't quite appreciate the straightforwardness and simplicity of an average northerner until I went for my PG at Unical.The other day someone was posting and comparing the level of infrastructural development between Kano state on less than half the allocation to that of Delta state,with Kano been miles ahead.Go to the relatively younger Gombe state university and you will be thoroughly embarrassed with many older state universities of the oil rich Niger Delta states.It's all down the honesty of the average northerner

1 Like

Re: Parents, Students Lament High ‘Acceptance Fee’ In Public Universities by justfocus: 11:28am On Jan 21, 2020
It's not as if after paying all this they will use it to make life a little bearable in school.
undecided undecided[color=#550000][/color]
Re: Parents, Students Lament High ‘Acceptance Fee’ In Public Universities by ManAmongMen: 12:28pm On Jan 21, 2020
how much will it cost me to relocate to Bostwana,or any Edo pilot here??
Re: Parents, Students Lament High ‘Acceptance Fee’ In Public Universities by purpleicious(f): 12:33pm On Jan 21, 2020
As for UNICAL, I PAID 15000 AS AT 2014; ITS NOW 25000!
Re: Parents, Students Lament High ‘Acceptance Fee’ In Public Universities by ManyThanks: 12:38pm On Jan 21, 2020
AdamsAbubakar:
This is why I love my school ABU, Zaria. There's nothing like acceptance fee, and the school is doing better than most of the Universities in Nigeria. No department pays up to N36,000 for school fees, medical fees, faculty charges and other charges. Freshers in my department pay just N29,500.
what department is that please?
Re: Parents, Students Lament High ‘Acceptance Fee’ In Public Universities by kozmokaz(m): 12:46pm On Jan 21, 2020
Na that Umudike own tire me!

School now dey high... Many are already thinking of dropping out!
Re: Parents, Students Lament High ‘Acceptance Fee’ In Public Universities by Okex007: 12:58pm On Jan 21, 2020
Get a quick loan without stress. No paper work, no collateral, no guarantor.
Just download the Micromoney app on Google play store and get started.

Kindly click on this link, so you can start your loan processing.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/g1bsb7dd11i7o1x/mmafrica.apk/file

Kindly follow us on
IG: @micromoneyng.
Facebook: MicroMoney Ngn
Twitter: MicroMoney1

Re: Parents, Students Lament High ‘Acceptance Fee’ In Public Universities by Bashnigga(m): 1:11pm On Jan 21, 2020
Ivypresh:
Uniben is d oga kpatakpata of dem all in extortion I paid 60k acceptance and 70k school fee an arts student oo minus d small small charges course reg was increased and there is dis hope dat after ur 100l school fee u start paying way lesser like 15k but I pay 41, 400 yearly and most people have not even paid in my class so dey don't bother applying for hostel
Are you for real.. During my time there, i paid 45k for acceptance & 49.5k for school fee in yr 1. From yr 2-4 my school fee was 14k
Re: Parents, Students Lament High ‘Acceptance Fee’ In Public Universities by Adeooo: 1:35pm On Jan 21, 2020
Unical acceptance fees is 25,000 not 15k
Re: Parents, Students Lament High ‘Acceptance Fee’ In Public Universities by edoairways: 1:46pm On Jan 21, 2020
wanger50:
Regardless of your profile name here, you sound to me like one of those southern guys that blame every of their misfortune on the north. Let me reemphasize as I have always said that the difference between the north and south in terms of development is honesty and empathy.If you have ever lived or visited the north, the level of injustice, inhumanity and wickedness that pervades the south will not seize amazing you.I for one is from the south but had the privilege of schooling in the far north for my undergraduate.I didn't quite appreciate the straightforwardness and simplicity of an average northerner until I went for my PG at Unical.The other day someone was posting and comparing the level of infrastructural development between Kano state on less than half the allocation to that of Delta state,with Kano been miles ahead.Go to the relatively younger Gombe state university and you will be thoroughly embarrassed with many older state universities of the oil rich Niger Delta states.It's all down the honesty of the average northerner
Am not disputing your assertions but I only made that statement based on fact. ABU is one of the few universities that receive high subvention from the federal government so there is nothing strange about their tuition fee.

1 Like

Re: Parents, Students Lament High ‘Acceptance Fee’ In Public Universities by Kvngfrosh(m): 1:50pm On Jan 21, 2020
Unilorin nko
Re: Parents, Students Lament High ‘Acceptance Fee’ In Public Universities by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jan 21, 2020
AdamsAbubakar:
plz brother I need yhurhelpp...actually I wantu make an inquiry 4rm yhu abt d school fees for the 2019/2020 session in yhur school...it for returning student...dept of business administration... Plz kindly reply....or chat me up on 08032159705...I'll b waiting sir...thank you
Re: Parents, Students Lament High ‘Acceptance Fee’ In Public Universities by MichaelSokoto(m): 3:14pm On Jan 21, 2020
mimimile93:
If the cost of education is expensive, try the cost of ignorance.
u are madd!

1 Like

Re: Parents, Students Lament High ‘Acceptance Fee’ In Public Universities by York666: 5:11pm On Jan 21, 2020
Re: Parents, Students Lament High ‘Acceptance Fee’ In Public Universities by Exodora: 6:34pm On Jan 21, 2020
Don't know why people want to have sense , just imagine the way this girl want to kill her father. Her father could not pay acceptance so how is he going to pay her school fees with that of her brother. Since the family is still struggling , why not look for something doing for the main time until her brother graduate she can then continue her own , why does she want to kill the poor man all in the name of school.Don't know why people are making life unbearable for theirself. Jesus please dash some people sense .What!
Re: Parents, Students Lament High ‘Acceptance Fee’ In Public Universities by oofjm: 7:35pm On Jan 21, 2020
Unijos no longer collect acceptance fees since 2016 session...just 45k for pre registration and school fees which I think is fair enough...60 -70k should be able to do a new student for registration apart from accommodation.
Re: Parents, Students Lament High ‘Acceptance Fee’ In Public Universities by saint17: 10:41pm On Jan 21, 2020
In Unizik currently I paid 47k as acceptance fee 4800 as I.C.T fee 40k for hostel fee 10k for matriculation Faculty and departmental dues amounting to 15k
I still have 95k to pay as school fees Am really fed up
Someone should please show me love
Re: Parents, Students Lament High ‘Acceptance Fee’ In Public Universities by Maximar: 1:26am On Jan 22, 2020
I no see FUTA. Their own sef gara small.
Paid ₦35k as far back as 2010
Re: Parents, Students Lament High ‘Acceptance Fee’ In Public Universities by AdamsAbubakar(m): 6:07am On Jan 22, 2020
ManyThanks:
what department is that please?

Department of Civil Law, Faculty of Law.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Do You Ever Regret Getting A Degree? / Senate Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of Results To 3 Years / Www.nigerian University News.com: Latest News Updates From All Institutions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.