Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,906 members, 7,802,949 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 04:52 AM

Parents, Students Lament High ‘Acceptance Fee’ In Public Universities - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Parents, Students Lament High ‘Acceptance Fee’ In Public Universities (25641 Views)

University Of Ibadan Students Lament 450–750% Fee Hike / Parents, Students Cry Out As Universities Hike Fees / Strike: ASUU Tells Parents, Students What To Do As Strike Continues (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Parents, Students Lament High ‘Acceptance Fee’ In Public Universities by AdamsAbubakar(m): 6:07am On Jan 22, 2020
jumper524:
heard ABU introduced acceptance fee this year of about 5K.

That's not true.
Re: Parents, Students Lament High ‘Acceptance Fee’ In Public Universities by RukBaum: 7:46am On Jan 22, 2020
All these noise. The reason people are bitter and complaining about these acceptance fees and charges is because no one is seeing the value of the tetiary educational sector on the Nigerian society . There's been little or no improvement in the quality of our university education since the 90's (by improvement I don't mean erecting some 100 seater classroom).
If you think public universities are cheap, come inside and you will realize that heavy corruption and mediocrity is happening down there. There is little impact our universities are making and our youths are running a rat race there.

I'm afraid that in the next decade, our public tertiary institutions would not be that sought for like today.
Re: Parents, Students Lament High ‘Acceptance Fee’ In Public Universities by Ivypresh(f): 1:47pm On Jan 22, 2020
Bashnigga:

Are you for real.. During my time there, i paid 45k for acceptance & 49.5k for school fee in yr 1. From yr 2-4 my school fee was 14k

Like u guys enjoyed in ur time oo now 1k nor get value
Re: Parents, Students Lament High ‘Acceptance Fee’ In Public Universities by Bashnigga(m): 10:01pm On Jan 24, 2020
Ivypresh:

Like u guys enjoyed in ur time oo now 1k nor get value
you can say that again.. just found out the session i left was the last time they paid that amount as school fees, too bad (& to think people were still complaining then when #400 was added to it). They know the students don't hv any choice than to comply sha.. This one na exploitation oo

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Reality Of Life After Graduation / Fetish Items Found In Front Of MAPOLY School Gate As Lecturers Protest. Photos / Senate Asks JAMB To Extend Validity Of Results To 3 Years

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.