Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,872 members, 7,802,807 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:05 PM

Nigerians: We Are One - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians: We Are One (216 Views)

APC Easter Message To Nigerians: We Are Committed To Your Well-Being / Sanusi To Nigerians: We Must Suffer To Get Things Right, Stop Cursing Leaders / Top 10 Nigerians We Should Stop Taking Serious (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians: We Are One by HeavenlyHolines(m): 8:02am On Jan 21, 2020
I am a Nigerian but i live outside the country. With pain in my heart that i am writing this piece of advise. I have read a lot of articles and write up on Nairaland forum from A-Z and i was to say that i am not happy with the rate of division and hatred among us based on tribe,culture and religion. Since i left Nigeria, i haven`t had that they kill someone in the country where i reside or maybe they robed or maimed someone or ritual stuff but anytime i read Nigeria`s news, no good news. In fact i was teaching the whites and i asked them whether they there is murder in their city,they said know. Its sound strange to them.
We can`t move forward as a nation because ``Divided we fall but united we stand``. For most of us that have read ``How Europe underdeveloped Africa`` and ``How the Tropics underdeveloped the Negroes`` you will find out that today, its ``How Africans underdeveloped African and ``How Nigerians underdeveloped Nigeria``. Our leaders(rulers) know and understand our political scenarios very well in Nigerians and they are using the tribe,culture,religion etc to cause division among us and the painful things is that instead of the youths who are exposed with knowledge and experience to rise up in their little corner and initiate the expected change, u will see the level of insults and abuses among us in the blogs and social networking sites and any time they see this write up,it will determine the next policy and that is why u find that we will go 10 Kilometers forward and 100 meters backward.
If anything bad or evil happens in the west, the Hausa and Igbo will be happy by saying Afonjas. if it happens in the east, the Hausa and Yoruba will calling IPOB and vice versa. my brothers and sisters, we don`t need this at this moments and this same thing is affecting us as a nation outside the country that we cannot be our brothers` keepers and that is why many developed countries use place of birth instead of state of origin.
If you watch very well, the problems are not only cause by the leaders but also the citizenry. We all have a place to effect positive change in Nigeria and the problem is that an average Nigerian ( Leaders and Citizens) knows what to do but he or she wouldn`t do it because of lack of patriotism and the painful thing is that most of the countries some of us run to or live don`t have d kind of resources (Human, Material, Natural etc) as we do but because of selfish interest, Corruption and wickedness of the highest order, this things wouldn`t circualate
Westerners can`t employ Easterners, Northerners can`t employ Westerners in term of state and local government establishments even among people and vice versa. Are we truly one Nigeria?. Let`s work in unity and harmony, let there be love among us, patriotism,see me as your brother or sister irrespective of tribe, tradition,religion etc, pray for the government (don`t curse), work and pray for your self and shun the quest to make money at all means because wealth without work will fade. Thanks and God bless u all.
FRONT PAGE PLZZZ

(1) (Reply)

Tinubu Finally Breaks Silence On Amotekun, Sends Strong Message To Buhari / Strange Bird Attacks Benue Governor During Thanksgiving Service / Rivers APC Crisis: I Advocate For Peace And Not Attack As Way Out

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.