Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,430 members, 7,808,535 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

Open Heavens Daily Devotional - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Open Heavens Daily Devotional (9886 Views)

Open Heavens Daily Devotional 03/09/17 / Kenneth Copeland Daily Devotional / Open Heavens Daily Devotional 22/08/2017 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 8:49am On Sep 19, 2020
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL
DATE: SATURDAY 19TH SEPTEMBER 2020.
THEME: BECOMING AN EXEMPLARY LEADER III.
MEMORISE:
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life. John 8:12
READ: Genesis 11:4-5
4 And they said, Go to, let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach unto heaven; and let us make us a name, lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the whole earth.
5 And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.
We have seen that if you want your followers to have one language, then you must ensure the vision is big and clearly articulated from the onset.
If your vision is to ensure there is a restroom in every building in your city, people may not take you seriously as it may appear too simple a task. However, if your goal is audacious like that of Barack Obama- the first black President of the United States of America, the people would follow you with all their heart.
God-given vison usually seem impossible to achieve; however, He is able to fulfil whatever He has promised (Romans 4:21). A vision worth pursuing is that which appears impossible to achieve. If for nothing else, people will follow to see if it will actually be achieved.
One day in 1988, I announced we were going to hold a crusade in Lagos where four million people would be in attendance. It really looked impossible, but at the end, we discovered over six million people attended. Of course, while many did come to be part of the big vision, some came to see if we would actually have the projected attendance. People were so many that not all could see or hear what was happening on the altar, but they stayed until the end because it was a vision that was worth becoming a part of.
The crowd attracted international media and ever since, we have had gatherings with even larger numbers by God’s grace. I know the power of God has always drawn people to our programmes; however, it is proven that if your vision appears impossible, you will attract attention. The vision of the people in Genesis 11:5 was so big that it got God’s attention.
“And the LORD came down to see the city and the tower, which the children of men builded.”
Can your vision attract God’s attention? If people don’t see your vision as impossible, then you need to rethink it.
KEY POINT:
The vision worth following is one that seems impossible to achieve.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Haggai 1-2.
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE
HYMN 29: WHAT A FRIEND WE HAVE IN JESUS.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 9:54pm On Sep 20, 2020
DATE: MONDAY 21ST SEPTEMBER 2020.
THEME: BUILD UP YOUR FAITH.
MEMORISE:
But ye, beloved, building up yourselves on your most holy faith, praying in the Holy Ghost, Jude 1:20
READ: John 20:25-29
25 The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the LORD. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.
26 And after eight days again his disciples were within, and Thomas with them: then came Jesus, the doors being shut, and stood in the midst, and said, Peace be unto you.
27 Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.
28 And Thomas answered and said unto him, My LORD and my God.
29 Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” Hebrews 11:1
As a believer, you must already have some level of faith. However, irrespective of the current level of your faith, you still have a duty to grow and strengthen it. Just like your physical body needs food and exercise to stay strong and healthy, your faith also needs food and exercise. The word of God is the food that our faith needs to become strong so as to do exploits for Him.
“So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.” Romans 10:17
You must study your Bible diligently every day. The more of the study of God’s word you do, the more of His abilities you will see and every fear that has previously weakened your faith will vanish.
Alongside the word, another delicacy you must add to your diet in order to have strong faith in prayers in the Holy Ghost as seen from today’s memory verse. The indwelling of the Holy Ghost empowers a person for exploits. Acts 10:38 says:
“How God anointed Jesus of Nazareth with the Holy Ghost and with power: who went about doing good, and healing all that were oppressed of the devil; for God was with him.”
The Holy Ghost is responsible for miracles, signs and wonders. Hence, if you want your faith to birth signs and wonders, you must pray in the Spirit often. Paul said he prayed in the Holy Ghost more than all the other disciples (1 Corinthians 14:18); no wonder God was able to use him to achieve so much.
Your faith needs exercise to grow and stay alive. Faith without works is dead (James 2:20). You have to put your faith into action, then leave the rest to God. If the miracle doesn’t happen the first time, keep exercising your faith and very soon, it will be strong enough for exploit.
ACTION POINT:
From today, resolve to pray in the Holy Ghost for at least one hour every day.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Zachariah 8-14.
HYMN 13: I HAVE DECIDED TO FOLLOW JESUS.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:39pm On Sep 21, 2020
DATE: TUESDAY 22ND SEPTEMBER 2020
THEME: DEFEAT YOUR FEARS.
MEMORISE:
For God hath not given us the spirit of fear; but of power, and of love, and of a sound mind. 2 Timothy 1:7
READ: Genesis 15:1-6
1 After these things the word of the LORD came unto Abram in a vision, saying, Fear not, Abram: I am thy shield, and thy exceeding great reward.
2 And Abram said, LORD God, what wilt thou give me, seeing I go childless, and the steward of my house is this Eliezer of Damascus?
3 And Abram said, Behold, to me thou hast given no seed: and, lo, one born in my house is mine heir.
4 And, behold, the word of the LORD came unto him, saying, This shall not be thine heir; but he that shall come forth out of thine own bowels shall be thine heir.
5 And he brought him forth abroad, and said, Look now toward heaven, and tell the stars, if thou be able to number them: and he said unto him, So shall thy seed be.
6 And he believed in the LORD; and he counted it to him for righteousness.
“Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;” 2 Corinthians 10:5
Fear is a product of thoughts and imaginations the devil whispers to us. To defeat fear, you must cast down all such imaginations.
Anything that does not align with God’s word should not be allowed into your heart. For example, when the devil whispers “You will soon die”, cast down that thought by saying “I shall not die but live to declare the glory of the Lord” (Psalm 118:17). If he says you will fail, cast it down by saying “The Lord shall make me the head and not the tail. I shall be above only and not beneath….” (Deuteronomy 28:13). Don’t let the devil tell you what God has not said about you; always use the Scriptures as a weapon. That is what Jesus did. (Matthew 4:1-11).
Ephesians 6 says the enemy will throw fiery darts (arrows of fire) at us, but the shield of faith will protect us and ensure they don’t touch us.
“Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.” Ephesians 6:16
The devil sends fiery arrows in the form of fear to pierce and weaken us. Once fear is allowed into the believer’s life, he/she becomes weak and unable to fight. This is why every believer needs the shield of faith to ward off the enemies and their attacks. Remember, faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God (Romans 10:17).
Usually, when people in distress go to God, the first thing He says is “fear not”. This is because He knows that once fear is gone, the battle is as good as won.
I say to you today: it does not matter what the devil has told you; fear not, you will win this battle in the mighty name of Jesus.
KEY POINT:
As Jesus did in Matthew 4:1-11, always reply the devil with the word of God.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Esther 1-5.
HYMN 10: I AM A VICTOR.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 9:49pm On Sep 22, 2020
DATE: WEDNESDAY 23RD SEPTEMBER 2020
THEME: LOOKING UNTO JESUS.
MEMORISE:
Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God. Hebrews 12:2
READ: Hebrews 12:1-4
1 Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us,
2 Looking unto Jesus the author and finisher of our faith; who for the joy that was set before him endured the cross, despising the shame, and is set down at the right hand of the throne of God.
3 For consider him that endured such contradiction of sinners against himself, lest ye be wearied and faint in your minds.
4 Ye have not yet resisted unto blood, striving against sin.
Who you look to will determine how far you go in life. It can be a distraction sometimes to be surrounded by people who you think can help you as it would become hard for you to look to God for everything you need. What can man give to you? Can man keep you alive? Man cannot even heal himself. If he gives you money, can he give you prosperity? Rather than run after men, spend time chasing God. God can turn your life and that of your generation around forever. You don’t need an appointment to see God; He is everything and willing to help you.
A life that looks to Jesus is a life of peace, joy and love. A person who looks to Jesus would not depend on any man to live; his future is secured in Jesus Christ.
The Christian faith is a race and we cannot finish the race without the help of God. Our confidence in succeeding in this race is placed in Jesus Christ! We are encouraged to look unto Him and Him alone. Turn away from your past- failures, successes, sins and so on, and look unto Jesus Christ. We look to Christ because of who He is, what He did and where He reigns.
Who is He? He is the author and finisher of our faith. Jesus knows everything about our earthly race. Indeed, He ran His in faith because He is the author and the finisher of our faith. He is the perfect example to follow.
When we look up to Jesus; He will perfect what He began in us. Those who look unto God cannot be put to shame. You cannot trust in God and be put to shame.
“The king shall joy in thy strength, O LORD; and in thy salvation how greatly shall he rejoice! Thou hast given him his heart's desire, and hast not withholden the request of his lips. Selah.” Psalm 21:1-2
Never look unto man; look to Jesus alone, He is higher than the highest. He is a very present help when you are faced with life’s challenges (Psalm 46:1).
ACTION POINT:
Never shift your gaze off Jesus no matter what comes your way.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Esther 6-10.
HYMN 19: MY HOPE IS BUILT ON NOTHING LESS.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 9:55pm On Sep 25, 2020
DATE: SATURDAY 26TH SEPTEMBER 2020
THEME: GOD’S EYES ARE ON YOU.
MEMORISE:
When thou passest through the waters, I will be with thee; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow thee: when thou walkest through the fire, thou shalt not be burned; neither shall the flame kindle upon thee. Isaiah 43:2
READ: Psalm 139:7-12
7 Whither shall I go from thy spirit? or whither shall I flee from thy presence?
8 If I ascend up into heaven, thou art there: if I make my bed in hell, behold, thou art there.
9 If I take the wings of the morning, and dwell in the uttermost parts of the sea;
10 Even there shall thy hand lead me, and thy right hand shall hold me.
11 If I say, Surely the darkness shall cover me; even the night shall be light about me.
12 Yea, the darkness hideth not from thee; but the night shineth as the day: the darkness and the light are both alike to thee.
God is Omnipresent- He is everywhere and sees everything at the same time. It does not matter what you are going through, He is right by your side.
When the three Hebrew boys were facing King Nebuchadnezzar, to an outsider, it may have appeared they were on their own without any help whatsoever. However, the boys were confident; they knew who they believed. They were even bold enough to add that they would still not bow to any idol if God decided not to rescue them.
Many times, we don’t feel God by our side when we are facing trials, but He is there. You will realize it when you are in the furnace and the fire burns off your chains leaving you unharmed.
God’s eyes are on you even when you are about to commit sin. A Pastor is said to have taken a female member of his church to a hotel with the intent of committing fornication. When they got in and the Pastor tried to touch her, she said “Sir, we looked left and right to be sure no one could see us, but we did not look up. God can see us” She could feel that God could see them, so she fled.
You cannot hide anything from God. You may pretend to people in Church, but He knows your secrets. Your spouse may not be able to access your phone, but God knows all your conversations; you can deceive everyone but not Him.
According to Luke 8:17, knowing that God can expose you should make you repent.
“For nothing is secret, that shall not be made manifest; neither any thing hid, that shall not be known and come abroad.”
Don’t continue in sin because sooner or later, every secret will be made open. I hope you make a change immediately. He has not yet revealed your sin because He wants you to have a chance to repent. If you refuse to repent, He will expose you and that would be dangerous.
KEY POINT:
God is omnipresent and omniscient. Don’t wait to be exposed; make amends where necessary right away. Tomorrow may be too late.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Nehemiah 6-7.
HYMN 25: ROCK OF AGES, CLEFT FOR ME.

1 Like

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 9:06pm On Sep 28, 2020
DATE: TUESDAY 29TH SEPTEMBER 2020
THEME: EVANGELISE THE WORLD.
MEMORISE:
But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry. 2 Timothy 4:5
READ: 2 Timothy 4:1-5
1 I charge thee therefore before God, and the Lord Jesus Christ, who shall judge the quick and the dead at his appearing and his kingdom;
2 Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.
3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away their ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.
5 But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry.
In his final letter, Paul charged Timothy – his son in the faith, to “do the work of an evangelist” (2 Timothy 4:5). By this, the Apostle established the instruction of Jesus for believers across generations- preach the gospel everywhere. If we would be called by His name, we must obey His command every day, urging people to come to Jesus for salvation.
“And all things are of God, who hath reconciled us to himself by Jesus Christ, and hath given to us the ministry of reconciliation;” 2 Corinthians 5:18
Jesus has given all believers the ministry of reconciliation, the task to bring all men to Him. Are you active or dormant in this ministry?
The work of an evangelist is to lead the people to Christ through the gospel. Unlike a Pastor, an evangelist does not disciple souls, but a Pastor can be an evangelist. As an evangelist, you are constantly looking for and preaching to people in the world. After they have accepted Christ, you can then hand them to a Bible believing Church where a much-matured believer can disciple them.
Evangelism is different from follow-up or publicity. It is bringing people into the love of Christ. Now that you know what it is, can you say you have been doing the work of an evangelist? Are you constantly preaching Christ to people in the world? Are there still people in your vicinity who you are yet to preach to?
“And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.” Mark 16:15
Jesus wants you to do His work wherever you go and whatever you do. He wants us to have compassion for lost souls and draw them into the kingdom.
If I were you, I would obey. Your obedience demonstrates your love for Him and will draw untold blessings to you (John 14:15, Matthew 6:33).
KEY POINT:
Evangelizing is a mandate every believer receives at the point of salvation. We must also preach that same Gospel to others so they can believe.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Malachi 1-4
HYMN 9: HOLD THE FORT.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:05pm On Sep 30, 2020
DATE: THURSDAY 1ST OCTOBER 2020
THEME: JUBILEE THROUGH CHRIST.
MEMORISE:
The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, Luke 4:18
READ: Leviticus 25:10-13
10 And ye shall hallow the fiftieth year, and proclaim liberty throughout all the land unto all the inhabitants thereof: it shall be a jubile unto you; and ye shall return every man unto his possession, and ye shall return every man unto his family.
11 A jubile shall that fiftieth year be unto you: ye shall not sow, neither reap that which groweth of itself in it, nor gather the grapes in it of thy vine undressed.
12 For it is the jubile; it shall be holy unto you: ye shall eat the increase thereof out of the field.
13 In the year of this jubile ye shall return every man unto his possession.
The Bible informs us that every human being is bound to experience some challenges and difficulties in life. The devil is out to steal, kill and destroy (John 10:10). Many have become victims of bondage of stagnation, failure, fruitlessness, sickness, disappointment and misfortune. In Old Testament times, Jubilee- observed every fiftieth year, was a time of deliverance from debt as well as recovery of lost property.
The biblical laws regarding Jubilee were in three categories:
1. Redemption of Land
2. Redemption of Houses
3. Redemption of Slaves and Debts
I prophesy to anyone who needs deliverance and restoration: You shall receive Jubilee today in the mighty name of Jesus.
“…Even the captives of the mighty shall be taken away, and the prey of the terrible shall be delivered” Isaiah 49:25
No matter how difficult your captivity experience may have been, JESUS is here to set you free!
Are you bound by sin, burdened by debt or threatened by poverty? Are you involved in a secret society or struggling under the weight of generational curses? Are you under the grip of one addiction or the other? Is your health under attack or the peace of your family threatened? Jubilee through Christ is available every day to everyone who will accept Him as their Lord and Savior. Accept Jesus today; He will come into your life and turn your situation around for good.
PRAYER POINT:
Father, I tap into the joy of Jubilee and receive freedom from all problems and challenges of life, in the mighty name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Matthew 1
Luke 2:1-38
HYMN 28: THERE SHALL BE SHOWERS OF BLESSINGS.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 9:37pm On Oct 01, 2020
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL..
DATE: FRIDAY 2ND OCTOBER 2020
THEME: DEAD TO THE FLESH.
MEMORISE:
And they that are Christ's have crucified the flesh with the affections and lusts. Galatians 5:24
READ: Romans 6:3-8
3 Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death?
4 Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.
5 For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:
6 Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.
7 For he that is dead is freed from sin.
8 Now if we be dead with Christ, we believe that we shall also live with him:
Sometime ago, someone walked up to me and said “I have known you for a long time now and you have remained consistent with your faith.” I replied “That is because I am dead to the flesh.” A dead man does not change. Are you dead to the flesh?
A man that is dead to the flesh is not affected by the changes around him. He is not affected by criticism. If you slap a dead man, he would not react; insult him, he would not retaliate. That is the attitude of anyone who is dead to the flesh. Are you dead to the flesh? If your sincere answer is “No” then let us look at how you can become so.
So likewise, whosoever he be of you that forsaketh not all that he hath, he cannot be my disciple. Luke 14:33
The first thing is to forsake all that you have. You need to see no value in any material possession. Nothing in this world should be of more value to you than God. He said anyone who would follow Him must first deny himself (Luke 9:23). How do you know if you have forsaken all?
I once spoke to a man about Christ and he told me that he had surrendered all unto God- I knew he was not being sincere, so I said “Glory to God. Brother, please would you loan us your car for evangelism tomorrow?” His countenance changed immediately and he said “You know that is my only car and I have to go to work tomorrow.” So now, I want you to be sincere with yourself: Have you forsaken all for Him? If Jesus were to ask you to sell all that you have and give to the poor, would you?
Also, the flesh is very stubborn and will not go down without a fight. It can only be defeated by fasting and prayers. The more you fast, the more life you give to your spirit and less you give to the carnal nature. When you fast, your flesh begins to die to lusts. You would also begin to value the things of the Spirit far more than ephemeral things (Galatians 5:16-17).
PRAYER POINT:
From today, I declare that I am dead to the flesh in the mighty name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Matthew 2
Luke 2: 39-52
HYMN 27: TAKE MY LIFE, AND LET IT BE.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 9:27pm On Oct 04, 2020
DATE: MONDAY 5TH OCTOBER 2020
THEME: CAN GOD CHANGE HIS MIND? I
MEMORISE:
And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people. Exodus 32:14
READ: Exodus 32:10-20
10 Now therefore let me alone, that my wrath may wax hot against them, and that I may consume them: and I will make of thee a great nation.
11 And Moses besought the LORD his God, and said, LORD, why doth thy wrath wax hot against thy people, which thou hast brought forth out of the land of Egypt with great power, and with a mighty hand?
12 Wherefore should the Egyptians speak, and say, For mischief did he bring them out, to slay them in the mountains, and to consume them from the face of the earth? Turn from thy fierce wrath, and repent of this evil against thy people.
13 Remember Abraham, Isaac, and Israel, thy servants, to whom thou swarest by thine own self, and saidst unto them, I will multiply your seed as the stars of heaven, and all this land that I have spoken of will I give unto your seed, and they shall inherit it for ever.
14 And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.
15 And Moses turned, and went down from the mount, and the two tables of the testimony were in his hand: the tables were written on both their sides; on the one side and on the other were they written.
16 And the tables were the work of God, and the writing was the writing of God, graven upon the tables.
17 And when Joshua heard the noise of the people as they shouted, he said unto Moses, There is a noise of war in the camp.
18 And he said, It is not the voice of them that shout for mastery, neither is it the voice of them that cry for being overcome: but the noise of them that sing do I hear.
19 And it came to pass, as soon as he came nigh unto the camp, that he saw the calf, and the dancing: and Moses' anger waxed hot, and he cast the tables out of his hands, and brake them beneath the mount.
20 And he took the calf which they had made, and burnt it in the fire, and ground it to powder, and strawed it upon the water, and made the children of Israel drink of it.
Anyone who God is against is doomed already. However, I have good news for you: God can change His mind if the conditions are right for Him to do so.
In today’s Bible reading, God was ready to destroy Israel and start a new generation, but Moses was successful in his appeal. What was Moses’ plea that made God change His mind?
First, Moses was pleading from the mountain. He had a special relationship with God. He was closer to God than the rest; he was a favorite. If you have incurred God’s wrath through sin, you stand a better chance of obtaining mercy by getting someone like Moses – with a higher level of anointing, to plead on your behalf.
Secondly, Moses was not selfish in his plea. He was always particular about God’s name and reputation. When you put His interest first, He listens. Moses said:
“Wherefore should the Egyptians speak, and say, For mischief did he bring them out, to slay them in the mountains, and to consume them from the face of the earth? Turn from thy fierce wrath, and repent of this evil against thy people.” Exodus 32:12
Finally, Moses ensured the people repented and forsook their sins. God cannot be fooled. After forgiveness, you cannot continue doing what brough His wrath on you in the first place.
Christian leaders, if any member of your flock is going astray, plead with God for such. If the fellow changes, you could discipline them before God does. God still punished the Israelites for transgressing despite not wiping them out. This is why erring workers in the Church are sometimes suspended- we don’t want God to mete out the punishment Himself. Man’s punishment cannot be as fearsome as God’s anger. It is true that the wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23), but God does not want the death of a sinner (Ezekiel 18:23). If you confess your sins, repent, and forsake them, God is faithful and just to forgive you and spare you His wrath. Indeed, He will not reject a broken and contrite heart (Psalm 51:17).
ACTION POINT:
If you know you have incurred the wrath of God upon yourself, confess to a spiritual authority over you, who is closer to God, asking him/her to intercede on your behalf.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: John 2-4
HYMN 2: ALL TO JESUS I SURRENDER.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:21pm On Oct 05, 2020
DATE: TUESDAY 6TH OCTOBER 2020.
THEME: CAN GOD CHANGE HIS MIND? II
MEMORISE:
Wherefore the LORD God of Israel saith, I said indeed that thy house, and the house of thy father, should walk before me for ever: but now the LORD saith, Be it far from me; for them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed. 1 Samuel 2:30
READ: 1 Samuel 2:27-36
27 And there came a man of God unto Eli, and said unto him, Thus saith the LORD, Did I plainly appear unto the house of thy father, when they were in Egypt in Pharaoh's house?
28 And did I choose him out of all the tribes of Israel to be my priest, to offer upon mine altar, to burn incense, to wear an ephod before me? and did I give unto the house of thy father all the offerings made by fire of the children of Israel?
29 Wherefore kick ye at my sacrifice and at mine offering, which I have commanded in my habitation; and honourest thy sons above me, to make yourselves fat with the chiefest of all the offerings of Israel my people?
30 Wherefore the LORD God of Israel saith, I said indeed that thy house, and the house of thy father, should walk before me for ever: but now the LORD saith, Be it far from me; for them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed.
31 Behold, the days come, that I will cut off thine arm, and the arm of thy father's house, that there shall not be an old man in thine house.
32 And thou shalt see an enemy in my habitation, in all the wealth which God shall give Israel: and there shall not be an old man in thine house for ever.
33 And the man of thine, whom I shall not cut off from mine altar, shall be to consume thine eyes, and to grieve thine heart: and all the increase of thine house shall die in the flower of their age.
34 And this shall be a sign unto thee, that shall come upon thy two sons, on Hophni and Phinehas; in one day they shall die both of them.
35 And I will raise me up a faithful priest, that shall do according to that which is in mine heart and in my mind: and I will build him a sure house; and he shall walk before mine anointed for ever.
36 And it shall come to pass, that every one that is left in thine house shall come and crouch to him for a piece of silver and a morsel of bread, and shall say, Put me, I pray thee, into one of the priests' offices, that I may eat a piece of bread.
As evident in today’s Bible reading, when we go contrary to the will of God, He could decide not to fulfil His promises.
I have always known God’s promises to me and my Father-in-the-Lord concerning the RCCG, yet, I did not just relax believing that regardless of what I do, He will fulfil it. Has God made any promises to you? That doesn’t give you the liberty to misbehave. If you offend Him, He can still change His mind.
In the Bible, Samuel was one person who had seen God change His mind severally. First, as a child, he witnessed how God rejected Eli, destroyed his family and legacy in one night. He also saw how God rejected Saul after having chosen him by Himself. He saw how God chose a small boy to be king and tormented Saul even while still on the throne. This made Samuel, in wisdom, decide never to offend God. His solid reputation is evident in his speech to the Israelites in 1 Samuel 12:3-4:
“Behold, here I am: witness against me before the LORD, and before his anointed: whose ox have I taken? or whose ass have I taken? or whom have I defrauded? whom have I oppressed? or of whose hand have I received any bribe to blind mine eyes therewith? and I will restore it you. And they said, Thou hast not defrauded us, nor oppressed us, neither hast thou taken ought of any man's hand.”
Samuel knew that if God changes His mind about blessing anyone, the end of such would be worse than ever so he refrained from displeasing God.
Samson however, failed to play his part so he lost out of God’s promises over his life.
I plead with you today, if you are sure about God’s promises for you and His great plan for your life, do everything possible to avoid offending Him. Indeed, ears have not heard and eyes have not seen the greatness of God’s plan for those who love Him (1 Corinthians 2:9). Don’t miss out on this.
PRAYER POINT:
Ask for God’s mercy and forgiveness in any area you might have offended Him. Commit to pleasing Him always and His promises over you would be fulfilled.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Mark 2
HYMN 8: HAVE YOU BEEN TO JESUS.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:42pm On Oct 06, 2020
DATE: WEDNESDAY 7TH OCTOBER 2020
THEME: SEEDS AND HARVEST.
MEMORISE:
Let us make a little chamber, I pray thee, on the wall; and let us set for him there a bed, and a table, and a stool, and a candlestick: and it shall be, when he cometh to us, that he shall turn in thither. 2 Kings 4:10
READ: 2 Kings 2:1-15
1And it came to pass, when the LORD would take up Elijah into heaven by a whirlwind, that Elijah went with Elisha from Gilgal.
2 And Elijah said unto Elisha, Tarry here, I pray thee; for the LORD hath sent me to Bethel. And Elisha said unto him, As the LORD liveth, and as thy soul liveth, I will not leave thee. So they went down to Bethel.
3 And the sons of the prophets that were at Bethel came forth to Elisha, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the LORD will take away thy master from thy head to day? And he said, Yea, I know it; hold ye your peace.
4 And Elijah said unto him, Elisha, tarry here, I pray thee; for the LORD hath sent me to Jericho. And he said, As the LORD liveth, and as thy soul liveth, I will not leave thee. So they came to Jericho.
5 And the sons of the prophets that were at Jericho came to Elisha, and said unto him, Knowest thou that the LORD will take away thy master from thy head to day? And he answered, Yea, I know it; hold ye your peace.
6 And Elijah said unto him, Tarry, I pray thee, here; for the LORD hath sent me to Jordan. And he said, As the LORD liveth, and as thy soul liveth, I will not leave thee. And they two went on.
7 And fifty men of the sons of the prophets went, and stood to view afar off: and they two stood by Jordan.
8 And Elijah took his mantle, and wrapped it together, and smote the waters, and they were divided hither and thither, so that they two went over on dry ground.
9 And it came to pass, when they were gone over, that Elijah said unto Elisha, Ask what I shall do for thee, before I be taken away from thee. And Elisha said, I pray thee, let a double portion of thy spirit be upon me.
10 And he said, Thou hast asked a hard thing: nevertheless, if thou see me when I am taken from thee, it shall be so unto thee; but if not, it shall not be so.
11 And it came to pass, as they still went on, and talked, that, behold, there appeared a chariot of fire, and horses of fire, and parted them both asunder; and Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven.
12 And Elisha saw it, and he cried, My father, my father, the chariot of Israel, and the horsemen thereof. And he saw him no more: and he took hold of his own clothes, and rent them in two pieces.
13 He took up also the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and went back, and stood by the bank of Jordan;
14 And he took the mantle of Elijah that fell from him, and smote the waters, and said, Where is the LORD God of Elijah? and when he also had smitten the waters, they parted hither and thither: and Elisha went over.
15 And when the sons of the prophets which were to view at Jericho saw him, they said, The spirit of Elijah doth rest on Elisha. And they came to meet him, and bowed themselves to the ground before him.
I have avoided sharing this for a long time so as not to be misunderstood: when you provide for a man/ woman of God (in substance or service), you will never lack anything. By God’s grace, all my needs are supplied so there is no need to teach anything for selfish reasons.
In 2 Kings 4, once the Shunamite woman knew Elisha was a true man of God, she started to supply him with all he needed.
While you may have many teachers, you should have a particular Father-in-the-Lord you overwhelm with gifts or service. Doing this will ensure that the man of God takes up your case persistently with God.
It was Elisha who asked the Shunamite woman what she wanted. Although she claimed not to want anything, he pressed further. On discovering her childlessness, he prophesied that she would have a son and she did. Much later, when that son died, Elisha brought him back to life.
Elisha insisted on serving Elijah until the end, and his persistence eventually paid off as he got the double portion he asked for. If you serve that man of God diligently, he would ensure you get whatever you want.
I like to say there are a certain people in RCCG who are not permitted to die yet. I remember one woman- very effective in missionary assignment who had been in an accident some years ago. It was so bad that the foreign doctors kept saying she might not survive but I was so sure she was going nowhere. Today, she is still perfectly well and doing even more for God.
Another who has been instrumental in financing the work of God had a nightmare about death and wanted me to pray for him before he passed. I laughed and told him to relax. He said it was God who told him to put his house in order and I replied “Leave it between God and I; you are not going yet.” That was more than ten years ago and he is still bouncing in the Lord.
ACTION POINT:
Find that one man/woman of God who you will consistently provide for in substance and/or services.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: John 5
HYMN 17: MUST I GO AND EMPTY HANDED.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 7:59am On Oct 08, 2020
DATE: THURSDAY 8TH OCTOBER 2020.
THEME: DIVINE MERCY.
MEMORISE:
But God, who is rich in mercy, for his great love wherewith he loved us, Ephesians 2:4
READ: Romans 9:15-16
For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
16 So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that sheweth mercy.
The only reason why you and I are still alive today is God’s mercy. Divine mercy is that important (Lamentations 3:22).
We can rejoice however, that God is very rich in mercy and as a matter of fact, He is the Father of mercies. He gives His mercy to us as a gift every morning (Lamentations 3:22-23. 2 Corinthians 1:3).
His mercy guides you in your journey through life. In His mercy, you meet certain people who help you fulfil destiny; you also avoid certain people or actions that might lead you astray. It is by this same mercy that I joined the RCCG.
I had wanted to travel abroad on a Commonwealth scholarship. After passing the exams, we were tested on dining etiquette. As a boy bred in the village, I dipped the bread we were served in the stew and stuffed it in my mouth. That was the end. I stayed in Nigeria and became a lecturer at the University of Lagos. It was while I was there that I was introduced to the RCCG. It was pure mercy. Exodus 15:13 says:
“ Thou in thy mercy hast led forth the people which thou hast redeemed: thou hast guided them in thy strength unto thy holy habitation.”
God does not need permission from anyone to show you mercy. Romans 9:15 says:
“For he saith to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.”
While others may struggle, He can promote you effortlessly. If you ever want to get results, His mercy is the most essential factor.
“But the LORD was with Joseph, and shewed him mercy, and gave him favour in the sight of the keeper of the prison.”Genesis 39:21
Joseph enjoyed favor with men in the prison because of God’s mercy. If you need anyone to favor you, seek God’s mercy first. He will grant you favor before them in the mighty name of Jesus.
PRAYER POINT:
Father, show me mercy in every area in the mighty name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Matthew 12:1-21
Mark 3
Luke 6
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 8:38pm On Oct 08, 2020
DATE: FRIDAY 9TH OCTOBER 2020
THEME: HEAVEN REJOICE.
MEMORISE:
I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance. Luke 15:7
READ: Luke 15:1-32
1 Then drew near unto him all the publicans and sinners for to hear him.
2 And the Pharisees and scribes murmured, saying, This man receiveth sinners, and eateth with them.
3 And he spake this parable unto them, saying,
4 What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it?
5 And when he hath found it, he layeth it on his shoulders, rejoicing.
6 And when he cometh home, he calleth together his friends and neighbours, saying unto them, Rejoice with me; for I have found my sheep which was lost.
7 I say unto you, that likewise joy shall be in heaven over one sinner that repenteth, more than over ninety and nine just persons, which need no repentance.
8 Either what woman having ten pieces of silver, if she lose one piece, doth not light a candle, and sweep the house, and seek diligently till she find it?
9 And when she hath found it, she calleth her friends and her neighbours together, saying, Rejoice with me; for I have found the piece which I had lost.
10 Likewise, I say unto you, there is joy in the presence of the angels of God over one sinner that repenteth.
11 And he said, A certain man had two sons:
12 And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living.
13 And not many days after the younger son gathered all together, and took his journey into a far country, and there wasted his substance with riotous living.
14 And when he had spent all, there arose a mighty famine in that land; and he began to be in want.
15 And he went and joined himself to a citizen of that country; and he sent him into his fields to feed swine.
16 And he would fain have filled his belly with the husks that the swine did eat: and no man gave unto him.
17 And when he came to himself, he said, How many hired servants of my father's have bread enough and to spare, and I perish with hunger!
18 I will arise and go to my father, and will say unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and before thee,
19 And am no more worthy to be called thy son: make me as one of thy hired servants.
20 And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.
21 And the son said unto him, Father, I have sinned against heaven, and in thy sight, and am no more worthy to be called thy son.
22 But the father said to his servants, Bring forth the best robe, and put it on him; and put a ring on his hand, and shoes on his feet:
23 And bring hither the fatted calf, and kill it; and let us eat, and be merry:
24 For this my son was dead, and is alive again; he was lost, and is found. And they began to be merry.
25 Now his elder son was in the field: and as he came and drew nigh to the house, he heard musick and dancing.
26 And he called one of the servants, and asked what these things meant.
27 And he said unto him, Thy brother is come; and thy father hath killed the fatted calf, because he hath received him safe and sound.
28 And he was angry, and would not go in: therefore came his father out, and intreated him.
29 And he answering said to his father, Lo, these many years do I serve thee, neither transgressed I at any time thy commandment: and yet thou never gavest me a kid, that I might make merry with my friends:
30 But as soon as this thy son was come, which hath devoured thy living with harlots, thou hast killed for him the fatted calf.
31 And he said unto him, Son, thou art ever with me, and all that I have is thine.
32 It was meet that we should make merry, and be glad: for this thy brother was dead, and is alive again; and was lost, and is found.
Wherefore seeing we also are compassed about with so great a cloud of witnesses, let us lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us, and let us run with patience the race that is set before us, Hebrews 12:1
Hebrews 12:1 says we are surrounded by a cloud of witnesses. This means that the host of Heaven are constantly observing us and our actions on the earth. Sadly, when they look down, most of what they see is sin.
Yes, once in a while, these clouds of witnesses see one or two people who surrender their lives to Christ and the whole Heaven erupts in joy because of this one fellow. This is why I use every opportunity to win souls to Christ; I want Heaven to rejoice always. What about you? When last did Heaven rejoice because you brought someone to Christ?
“Ye have not chosen me, but I have chosen you, and ordained you, that ye should go and bring forth fruit, and that your fruit should remain: that whatsoever ye shall ask of the Father in my name, he may give it you.” John 15:16
The statement Jesus made in the above verse is very logical. First, God loves soul winners- so whatever they ask, He will give. Imagine if someone who always makes you happy comes with a request. Even if the father of the house wants to say no, every other person will speak up for him and say “Daddy, we cannot say no to the request of this fellow, he is special to us in this family.” That is what happens when a soul winner prays. The whole of Heaven will cooperate to ensure that the prayer is answered because you are constantly making them rejoice.
When we gather for services, Heaven doesn’t rejoice over the great sermon, music, communion or giving, rather in souls won. Heaven will ask “Did anyone get saved?”
If you are saved, share the gospel to save others. If you are yet to surrender all to Christ, do so now and there would be great rejoicing in Heaven over you.
ACTION POINT:
Speak to someone about Jesus today and make this a daily habit.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Matthew 5-7
HYMN 9: HOLD THE FORT.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 7:16am On Oct 10, 2020
HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL
DATE: SATURDAY 10TH OCTOBER 2020
THEME: BANISH ANXIETY.
MEMORISE:
Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God. Philippians 4:6
READ: Luke 12:22-31
22 And he said unto his disciples, Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat; neither for the body, what ye shall put on.
23 The life is more than meat, and the body is more than raiment.
24 Consider the ravens: for they neither sow nor reap; which neither have storehouse nor barn; and God feedeth them: how much more are ye better than the fowls?
25 And which of you with taking thought can add to his stature one cubit?
26 If ye then be not able to do that thing which is least, why take ye thought for the rest?
27 Consider the lilies how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.
28 If then God so clothe the grass, which is to day in the field, and to morrow is cast into the oven; how much more will he clothe you, O ye of little faith?
29 And seek not ye what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink, neither be ye of doubtful mind.
30 For all these things do the nations of the world seek after: and your Father knoweth that ye have need of these things.
31 But rather seek ye the kingdom of God; and all these things shall be added unto you.
It is human nature to worry about personal wellness and that of our loved ones, but as Christians, this should not be our lifestyle because God has told us to be anxious about nothing (Philippians 4:6).
Fear reaches deep into our consciousness, making it very difficult to shake off. When anyone allows it, the door to stress becomes open, leading the way for many diseases, some of which can become fatal.
Today’s Bible reading tells us how God wants us to live- worry-free. He wants us to rest in the knowledge that He is in charge.
“Which of you by taking thought can add one cubit unto his stature? And why take ye thought for raiment? Consider the lilies of the field, how they grow; they toil not, neither do they spin:” Matthew 6:27-28
Can you answer the question above? Can you add one inch to your height by worrying? The answer is NO. if you cannot change the situation by worrying, why not put that energy into praying and getting rest from the presence of God?
I was only thirty-nine years old when I became the General Overseer of the RCCG. One day, while combing my hair, I noticed some grey strands and asked “Lord why am I having grey hair?” He replied “Are you not the one who is always worried about the Church? it is my Church, stop worrying,” from that day, I left everything in His hands. The grey strands of the hair disappeared and the Church has been matching forward a lot faster than when I was worrying. My anxiety added nothing to the Church but my surrendering to God added everything.
Worrying magnifies the problem because what you focus on will always get bigger. From now, focus on God, on His omnipotence and very soon, you will see the end of that problem.
Nothing is too difficult for God to handle (Jeremiah 32:27). Turn over all your cares to Him today and He will supply all your needs (Philippians 4:19).
KEY POINT:
Worry magnifies the problem. Worship magnifies your God who can solve all problems.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Matthew 8:1-13
Luke 7
HYMN 22: O LORD MY GOD!
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 9:52pm On Oct 10, 2020
DATE: SUNDAY 11TH OCTOBER 2020
THEME: BE WISE: WIN SOULS
MEMORISE:
The fruit of the righteous is a tree of life; and he that winneth souls is wise. Proverbs 11:30
READ: MATTHEW 28:18-20
18. And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20. Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
God wants you to be involved in winning souls. That is why He did not take you to Heaven immediately after you became born again. Like Christ, your aim should be to seek and to save that which is lost (Luke 19:10). May God enable you to fulfil that Heavenly mandate in the mighty name of Jesus.
The world may regard great scholars, powerful rulers and rich business tycoons as wise; however, Solomon, the wisest man that ever lived, says in today’s memory verse that he who wins souls is wise.
“… and he that winneth souls is wise.”
Proverbs 11:30
If winning of souls is wisdom, then the refusal to win souls is definitely foolishness. If as a preacher you don’t win souls, you are in the category of the foolish. While you may never get on the pulpit, if your lifestyle makes a sinner accept Jesus, you are in the category of the wise. Everything you do must point people to Jesus.
You may be an usher, chorister or even a member of the prayer band; you are not wise until you engage in the best occupation on earth to seek and to save that which is lost.
What is the wisdom in souI-winning?
While every human achievement and reward will be left behind when we leave this world, souls are everlasting; they will live forever in eternity. There is no occupation more noble than plucking souls from the path to hell and transporting them safely to Heaven.
Soul-winning glorifies God and guarantees you a great legacy. All of God’s creation glorify Him but none more so than a new creature made in the image of Christ.
It takes wisdom to win souls. So many things keep souls in the bondage of the devil pride, lust, the pleasures of this world, unbelief and so on. It takes divine wisdom to be deliberate about leading others to Christ. May you receive grace to be wise, in the mighty name of Jesus.
Reflection:
Are you amongst the wise who win souls or the foolish who do not?
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: MATTHEW 11
HYMN 12: I AM THINE O LORD
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 4:13am On Oct 12, 2020
DATE: MONDAY 12TH OCTOBER 2020
THEME: GOD REWARDS BOUNTIFULLY.
MEMORISE:
And whatsoever ye do, do it heartily, as to the Lord, and not unto men; Knowing that of the Lord ye shall receive the reward of the inheritance: for ye serve the Lord Christ. Colossians 3:23-24
READ: Luke 5:1-11
1And it came to pass, that, as the people pressed upon him to hear the word of God, he stood by the lake of Gennesaret,
2 And saw two ships standing by the lake: but the fishermen were gone out of them, and were washing their nets.
3 And he entered into one of the ships, which was Simon's, and prayed him that he would thrust out a little from the land. And he sat down, and taught the people out of the ship.
4 Now when he had left speaking, he said unto Simon, Launch out into the deep, and let down your nets for a draught.
5 And Simon answering said unto him, Master, we have toiled all the night, and have taken nothing: nevertheless at thy word I will let down the net.
6 And when they had this done, they inclosed a great multitude of fishes: and their net brake.
7 And they beckoned unto their partners, which were in the other ship, that they should come and help them. And they came, and filled both the ships, so that they began to sink.
8 When Simon Peter saw it, he fell down at Jesus' knees, saying, Depart from me; for I am a sinful man, O Lord.
9 For he was astonished, and all that were with him, at the draught of the fishes which they had taken:
10 And so was also James, and John, the sons of Zebedee, which were partners with Simon. And Jesus said unto Simon, Fear not; from henceforth thou shalt catch men.
11 And when they had brought their ships to land, they forsook all, and followed him.
In Luke 1:1-11, Jesus entered into Simon’s boat and asked him to push a little from the land. Simon not only accepted but also allowed the Lord to preach from his boat for as long as He wanted. Afterwards, Jesus rewarded Simon by blessing Him with the greatest catch he had ever had. God never ignores any good act. He always rewards, and He does so bountifully.
“And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not.” Galatians 6:9
Sometimes, it may appear that you are not getting rewards for your labor in the house of God. This may be because the coming reward is indeed very great and God is preparing you for it. Don’t lose hope. It will come at the right time if you keep working for God.
Joseph was honest and hardworking, yet he was thrown into prison. In the prison, he interpreted the chief butler’s dream yet for two years it appeared there was no reward coming (Genesis 40, 41). However, by the time God was going to bless him, the reward was great. He became the second in command to the most powerful man in the whole world at the time. That is what happens when you are not weary in well-doing.
God will reward every sacrifice – your time or money, in multiple folds. Hebrews 6:10 says: “For God is not unrighteous to forget your work and labour of love, which ye have shewed toward his name, in that ye have ministered to the saints, and do minister.”
Only an unrighteous person will refuse to say Thank you when something has been done for him/her, not God. He is not unrighteous.
Matthew 19:29 says anyone who sacrifices the comfort of family and home just to please and obey God will get a hundred-fold reward and also inherit everlasting life.
Do not be weary in well-doing, your reward is coming.
PRAYER POINT:
Father, please help me to serve You with all of my heart and to wait patiently on You, in the mighty name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Matthew 12:22-50, Luke 11
HYMNAL: Hymn 4 – Blessed Assurance, Jesus Is Mine!
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 9:42pm On Oct 13, 2020
DATE: WEDNESDAY 14TH OCTOBER 2020.
THEME: BLOCK THAT CHANNEL II.
MEMORISE:
And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God. Luke 9:62
READ: Luke 9:57-62
57 And it came to pass, that, as they went in the way, a certain man said unto him, Lord, I will follow thee whithersoever thou goest.
58 And Jesus said unto him, Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his head.
59 And he said unto another, Follow me. But he said, Lord, suffer me first to go and bury my father.
60 Jesus said unto him, Let the dead bury their dead: but go thou and preach the kingdom of God.
61 And another also said, Lord, I will follow thee; but let me first go bid them farewell, which are at home at my house.
62 And Jesus said unto him, No man, having put his hand to the plough, and looking back, is fit for the kingdom of God.
An army once went to war on the island. On seeing the size and strength of the opposition, they were afraid and sought their commander’s permission to retreat. In response, the commander burnt the ships that had brought them, declaring that there were only two options- fight or die. No going back. They fought, and in the end, won. This is how you should approach temptations. Burn the ship so there is no option of returning to sin. Fight your way into Heaven and you will win in the mighty name of Jesus.
Perhaps you have friends who entice you into sin; if they refuse to give their lives to Christ, cut them off immediately and completely. If you don’t, you would be leaving open a channel for the devil to get at you. If access to the internet will lure you back into the world, why not get a phone that is not internet-enabled or delete the applications that keep drawing you back to sin? Any channel through which the devil can get you is an evil agent; deal with it decisively.
“And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.” Matthew 5:29
Joseph ran from Potiphar’s wife; he didn’t wait to resist or convince her into letting him be. He ran! He knew that if he stayed, he could fall, but if he ran out, she couldn’t follow him. Even if she did, nothing would have happened outside. If you stay in a room alone with your fiancé or fiancée, you are leaving wide open a channel for the devil to enter into your courtship; block all such channels from now.
If little drops of water keep falling into a tiny crack on a rock, sooner or later the rock would begin to break apart. Likewise, it is not wise to keep a channel of sin open, thinking you can continue to resist its lure. If indeed you don’t want to sin, block that channel!
PRAYER REQUEST:
Father, please help me to deal with all channels of sin in my life decisively from now, in the mighty name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Matthew 8:14-34
Mark 4-5
HYMN 8: HAVE YOU BEEN TO JESUS.

1 Like

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:41pm On Oct 15, 2020
OPEN HEAVENS DAILY DEVOTIONAL.
DATE: THURSDAY 15TH OCTOBER, 2020.
THEME: THE COMMANDOS (1).
MEMORIZE:
No man that warreth entangleth himself with the affairs of this life; that he may please him who hath chosen him to be a soldier.
2 Timothy 2:4
BIBLE READING:
2 SAMUEL 23:8-17
8. These be the names of the might men whom David had: The Tachmonite that sat in the seat, chief among the captains; the same was Adino the Eznite: he lift up his spear against eight hundred, whom he slew at one time.
9. And after him was Eleazar the son of Dodo the Ahohite, one of the three mighty men with David, when they defied the Philistines that were there gathered together to battle, and the men of Israel were gone away:
10. He arose, and smote the Philistines until his hand was weary, and his hand clave unto the sword: and the LORD wrought a great victor that day; and the people returned after him only to spoil.
11. And after him was Shammah the son of Agee the Hararite. And the Philistines were gathered together into a troop, where was a piece of round full of lentils: and the people fled from the Philistines.
12. But he stood in the midst of the ground, and defended it, and slew the Philistines: and the LORD wrought a great victory.
13. And three ofthe thirty chief went down, and came to David in the harvest time unto the cave of Adullam: and the troop of the Philistines pitched in the valley of Rephaim.
14. And David was then in an hold, and the garrison of the Philistines was then in Bethlehem.
15. And David longed, and said, Oh that one would give me drink of the water of the well of Bethlehem, which is by the gate!
16. And the three mighty men brake through the host of the Philistines, and drew water out of the well of Bethlehem, that was by the gate, and took it, and brought it to David: nevertheless he would not drink thereof, but poured it out unto the LORD.
17. And he said, Be it far from me, O LORD, that I should do this: is not this the blood of the men that went in jeopardy of their lives? therefore he would not drink it. These things did these three mighty men.
Sometime ago in the American Army, a battalion was dropped behind enemy lines.
Initially, it was believed that the enemies were not aware, however the enemies eventually surrounded the battalion.
Once it became clear that the battalion would be defeated, the leader of the group phoned their headquarters for support saying We are totally surrounded and outnumbered at least 100 to 1; send the Marines.
Legend has it that the phrase send the marines was derived from this event.
At that time, only three Marines were available for the assignment and they were all sent.
They worked all night and created a path for the battalion to escape.
While the battalion was moving, they saw thousands of dead enemies. The three commandos had killed them in just one night.
There are ordinary Christian soldiers and there are Christian commandos.
As for me, l have determined not to be an ordinary soldier for Christ, I want to be a commando. What about you?.
Commandos go through the most rigorous qualification training.
That is why a commando for Christ can weather any storm. He is unshakable.
Job was a commando. No wonder he stood strong and even came out stronger in the face of adversity.
The true strength of a boxer is measured by the opponent he/she faces.
Likewise, the strength of a true Christian soldier is known by the kind of opponents he/she has brought down.
If an ordinary insult is enough to bring you down, then you are not yet ready to be a member of this select group in the army of Christ.
If you are still finding good excuses to commit sin, you are obviously not yet ready for the training, talk less of becoming a commando.
If you would be used by God, you must go through the training.
Just as no one can join the army without being fit, God cannot use an untrained person.
If you would be a commando for God, you must go through the most rigorous training.
Surrender all and make yourself available today. Stay on the winning side.
PRAYER POINT:
Father, I surrender all to You. Please help me to trust You even more as You train me to become a commando for You, in the mighty name of Jesus.
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A ADEBOYE.
BIBLE READING IN ONE YEAR:
MATTHEW 9:1-38, MATTHEW 10:1-42
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 12:06am On Oct 18, 2020
DATE: SUNDAY 18TH OCTOBER 2020
THEME: PRESERVE THE HARVEST.
MEMORIZE:
Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever l have commanded you: and, lo, l am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
Matthew 28:20
BIBLE READING: MATTHEW 28:18-20
18. And Jesus came and spake unto them, saying, All power is given unto me in heaven and in earth.
19. Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost:
20. Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.
It is one thing to be able to gather a harvest; it is another thing entirely to preserve it.
It is sad that while the Church is making valiant efforts to gather plentiful harvests through evangelism, numerous outreaches and programmes, even less and less is being done to preserve the souls won for Christ.
Many souls are won to Christ on a daily basis, but how many will eventually remain in the body of Christ as committed Christians?.
ln Matthew 9:37, Jesus laments the scarcity of people committed to keeping His harvest.
“Then saith he unto his disciples, The harvest truly is plenteous, but the labourers are few;”
Many Christians are like drainages always receiving emoluments, yet without productivity.
This is very dangerous as Jesus says He will take such people out of His vine.
“Every branch in me that beareth not fruit he taketh away: and every branch that beareth fruit, he purgeth it, that it may bring forth more fruit. John 15:2”
The parable of the talents teaches that the Lord expects every one of His children to diligently put their talents and special gifts into profitable use for the advancement of His kingdom.
lf you fail to be fruitful or productive, then you are guilty of receiving the grace of God in vain, becoming an unprofitable servant.
I pray that you will never be guilty of being an unprofitable servant in the mighty name of Jesus.
Do everything within your power to be one of the few faithful labourers of the Lord Jesus today.
Work very hard to win souls for Christ, and more importantly, preserve every harvest God brings your way through the work of other evangelists.
May you not be found guilty of receiving the grace of God in vain in the mighty name of Jesus.
PRAYER POINT:
Father, please help me to win souls and preserve the great harvest for You, in the mighty name of Jesus.
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A ADEBOYE.
MATHEW 15
MARK 7
HYMN 9: HOLD THE FORT
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:07pm On Oct 18, 2020
DATE: MONDAY 19TH OCTOBER, 2020.
THEME: OVERCOMING DESTINY-THREATENING ENEMIES.
MEMORISE:
Let all mine enemies be ashamed and sore vexed: let them return and be ashamed suddenly.
Psalm 6:10
READ: 1 Samuel 17:45-51
45 Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied.
46. This day will the LORD deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee; and I will give the carcases of the host of the Philistines this day unto the fowls of the air, and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel.
47 And all this assembly shall know that the LORD saveth not with sword and spear: for the battle is the LORD's, and he will give you into our hands.
48 And it came to pass, when the Philistine arose, and came, and drew nigh to meet David, that David hastened, and ran toward the army to meet the Philistine.
49 And David put his hand in his bag, and took thence a stone, and slang it, and smote the Philistine in his forehead, that the stone sunk into his forehead; and he fell upon his face to the earth.
50 So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and with a stone, and smote the Philistine, and slew him; but there was no sword in the hand of David.
51 Therefore David ran, and stood upon the Philistine, and took his sword, and drew it out of the sheath thereof, and slew him, and cut off his head therewith. And when the Philistines saw their champion was dead, they fled.
Ever since Adam sold the liberty of man to the devil, everyone else who desires freedom has had to fight for it.
Success in this fight however, is only guaranteed through prayer- engaging God to do what we cannot do on our own. It is the only way to deal with destiny-threatening enemies- whatever and whoever they are.
After Hezekiah received a letter from Sennacherib, he asked God for help and He obliged according to (Isaiah 37:14-20).
In today’s Bible reading, after Goliath had cursed David (1 Samuel 17:43), the young man intelligently invited God – the greatest Ally, to the battle between him and Goliath and by extension, between Israel and the Philistines.
“…Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied.” 1 Samuel 17:45
After the invitation, David became more than a match for Goliath. The devil was indeed the primary figure behind the attack against David- he didn’t want him to become the king of Israel.
We can learn from David. He was a successful warrior who relied on divine intervention in all his life’s battles. In numerous Psalms, he promptly reported his real and potential enemies to God.
Most famous is Psalm 35:1 where he wrote: “Plead my cause, O LORD, with them that strive with me: fight against them that fight against me.”
He knew he could not handle these enemies himself. He was specific about what he wanted the Lord of hosts to do with his enemies
(Psalm 6:10).
Beloved, are you faced with battle from destiny-threatening enemies? Hand the battles over to God- Jehovah Nissi today. He will fight for you if you surrender to Him
(Isaiah 59:19).
PRAYER POINT:
Jehovah Nissi, please fight my battles for me today in the mighty name of Jesus.

1 Like

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 9:57pm On Oct 19, 2020
DATE: TUESDAY 20TH OCTOBER, 2020.
THEME: BE SANCTIFIED.

MEMORIZE:
That he might sanctify and cleanse it with the washing of water by the word.
Ephesians 5:26
BIBLE READING: COLOSSIANS 3:5-17
5. Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry:
6. For which things’ sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:
7. In the which ye also walked some time, when ye lived in them.
8. But now ye also put off all these; anger, wrath, malice, blasphemy, filthy communication out of your mouth.
9. Lie not one to another, seeing that ye have put off the old man with his deeds;
10. And have put on the new man, which is renewed in knowledge after the image of him that created him:
11. Where there is neither Greek nor Jew, circumcision nor uncircumcision, Barbarian, Scythian, bond nor free: but Christ is all, and in all.
12. Put on therefore, as the elect of God, holy and beloved, bowels of mercies, kindness, humbleness of mind, meekness, longsuffering;
13. Forbearing one another, and forgiving
one another, if any man have a quarrel against any: even as Christ forgave you, so a so do ye.
14. And above all these things put on charity, which is the bond of perfectness.
15. And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.
16. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly in all wisdom; teaching and admonishing one another in psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, singing with grace in your hearts to the Lord.
17. And whatsoever ye do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God and the Father by him.
Some people keep returning to sin over and over, despite having asked Jesus to come into their lives.
They wonder how others live above sin. The answer is sanctification. When a person is sanctified, he/she loses the taste for sin.
The Bible describes it in Hebrews 1:9:
“Thou hast loved righteousness, and hated iniquity; therefore God, even thy God, hath anointed thee with the oil of gladness above thy fellows.”
When a person is sanctified, sinful habits that used to excite him/her become irritating.
As a result, the fellow is able to lead a life of holiness in Christ.
Sanctification is the grace of God that helps man to live above sin.
If you are still struggling with sin, then you need to be sanctified.
“If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
1 John 1:9″
To be sanctified, you must first confess all your sins to God (1 John 1:9).
You can also experience sanctification if you are an avid student of the word of God.
John 17:17 says:
”Sanctify them through thy truth: thy word is truth.”
If you want to enjoy your Christian life; feed on the word of God. David said in Psalm 119:11:
“Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.”
The more of God’s word you study, the more sin will disgust you.
If you are always studying your Bible, God’s word will begin to influence the way you see things and how you behave.
The word of God has a Spirit which gives life, and that life, being Jesus will enter into you as you study it daily. It is Jesus who makes it easy for you to live holy.
Take up the challenge today and you will overcome sin, in the mighty name of Jesus.
ACTION POINT:
Study at least one chapter of the Bible by yourself daily. You need the word to stay sanctified.
MATTHEW 17:1-27,
MARK 9:1-50,
LUKE 9:28-62
HYMN 27: TAKE MY LIFE , AND LET IT BE.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 9:42am On Oct 21, 2020
DATE: WEDNESDAY 21ST OF OCTOBER, 2020
THEME: SHOW ME YOUR WAYS, LORD
MEMORISE:
For my thoughts are not your thoughts, neither are your ways my ways, saith the LORD. Isaiah 55:8
READ: Exodus 33:12-23
12 And Moses said unto the LORD, See, thou sayest unto me, Bring up this people: and thou hast not let me know whom thou wilt send with me. Yet thou hast said, I know thee by name, and thou hast also found grace in my sight.
13 Now therefore, I pray thee, if I have found grace in thy sight, shew me now thy way, that I may know thee, that I may find grace in thy sight: and consider that this nation is thy people.
14 And he said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest.
15 And he said unto him, If thy presence go not with me, carry us not up hence.
16 For wherein shall it be known here that I and thy people have found grace in thy sight? is it not in that thou goest with us? so shall we be separated, I and thy people, from all the people that are upon the face of the earth.
17 And the LORD said unto Moses, I will do this thing also that thou hast spoken: for thou hast found grace in my sight, and I know thee by name.
18 And he said, I beseech thee, shew me thy glory.
19 And he said, I will make all my goodness pass before thee, and I will proclaim the name of the LORD before thee; and will be gracious to whom I will be gracious, and will shew mercy on whom I will shew mercy.
20 And he said, Thou canst not see my face: for there shall no man see me, and live.
21 And the LORD said, Behold, there is a place by me, and thou shalt stand upon a rock:
22 And it shall come to pass, while my glory passeth by, that I will put thee in a clift of the rock, and will cover thee with my hand while I pass by:
23 And I will take away mine hand, and thou shalt see my back parts: but my face shall not be seen.
*Shew me thy ways, O LORD; teach me thy paths.* Psalm 25:4
The word ‘way’ was used four times in Proverbs 25 (verse 4, 8, 9 and 12) while ‘paths’ was used twice (verse 4 and 10). This indicates the importance of depending on God’s ways and having Him direct one’s paths.
As Christians, we can know God’s way by immersing ourselves in His truth. David in Psalm 25:5 pleaded:
*“Lead me in thy truth, and teach me.”*
God’s word is where His truth is found. It contains instructions on how to live a fulfilling Christian life. God’s percepts are not hidden; if only we would just read and apply them.
You cannot be a Christian and not study the word of God daily. Christianity is not the same as attending church services. If you don’t have a relationship with Christ, fostered by reading His word and praying daily, then you are not Christ-like.
Children who are close to their parents usually know their parents’ ways. They can tell what food they like, how hot or cold they like their drinks and so on. They know what can make their parents angry and exactly what will make them glad. They know all this because of the constant association they have with their parents. Likewise, when you read your Bible and spend time with God regularly, you will get to know Him more and more daily.
If, on the other hand, you only read your Bible when a Pastor is on the altar, the best you can know of God is what he or she tells you, which would never be sufficient. Imagine someone having to tell you everything about your own father- that is proof that you don’t know Him.
Is a huge privilege to know your Father’s ways. His ways are so distinct and learning them would distinguish you greatly in all you do (Isaiah 55:9). God will show you His ways through His word. Study His word diligently.
KEY POINT:
Meditate on God’s word day and night. It shall be a lamp unto your feet and a light unto your path (Psalm 119:105).
*Remember to #PrayforNigeria, that God should destroy every counsel that is contrary to His over Nigeria in Jesus' name*,
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 11:41pm On Oct 21, 2020
DATE: THURSDAY 22ND OCTOBER, 2020.
LET US TAKE A MINUTE AND PRAY FOR #NIGERIA:��
O Lord, Please Have Mercy On Us, Let The Siege Be Over Quickly And Let Us Your Peace Reign Across Nooks and Crannies of our Dear Nation In Jesus Name. Amen! ��PEACE
THEME: LEGALISTIC OR CHRIST-LIKE?
MEMORISE:
Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners, but fellow citizens with the saints, and of the household of God. Ephesians 2:19
READ: Luke 18:9-14 (KJV)
9 And he spake this parable unto certain which trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and despised others:
10 Two men went up into the temple to pray; the one a Pharisee, and the other a publican.
11 The Pharisee stood and prayed thus with himself, God, I thank thee, that I am not as other men are, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even as this publican.
12 I fast twice in the week, I give tithes of all that I possess.
13 And the publican, standing afar off, would not lift up so much as his eyes unto heaven, but smote upon his breast, saying, God be merciful to me a sinner.
14. I tell you, this man went down to his house justified rather than the other: for every one that exalteth himself shall be abased; and he that humbleth himself shall be exalted.
A Christian is not necessarily someone who follows a set of religious rules, but rather, someone who has a cordial relationship with Christ. A Christian behaves like Christ.
Christianity is about Christ who lives in you and not all about do’s and don’ts. Most people who see Christianity only from the viewpoint of rules and regulations are hypocrites.
The Pharisees and Sadducees condemned Jesus for healing on a Sabbath. Jesus pointed out their hypocrisy when He asked if they would not go searching for any of their sheep their went missing on a Sabbath (Mark 3:1-6).
Rules and regulations are good, but they must never take the place of the Holy Spirit. It is the Holy Ghost in you that helps you live completely holy and not the rules.
Adhering to rules does not make a sinner acceptable to Christ, it is only the willingness to surrender all that guarantees salvation. Your Christianity should be cantered on Christ’s love for you, His death, resurrection and promise of eternal life, not some rules to be followed.
For some people, they give pre-eminence to rules so they can earn the right to boast and arrogantly declare their ‘holiness’ forgetting that “ … we are all as an unclean thing, and all our righteousness are as filthy rags…” (Isaiah 64:6)
The best thing rules can give you is self-righteousness. Which can make one to be like the Pharisee who went to the temple to pray in Luke 18:10-12. However, justification By God can only come through God’s Spirit in you.
Legalistic people care more about how people see them than how God sees them. they are always looking out for who is breaking the rules so they can attack and even gossip about them (Luke 18:11).
God does not want you to boast about your holiness because only through His Spirit can you live holy.
“Not of works, lest any man should boast.”
Ephesians 2:9
KEY POINT:
The Christian life epitomizes dying to self and being Christ-like in all we do. Are you really Christ-like?
AUTHOR: Pastor E. A. Adeboye, the General Overseer of the Redeemed Christian Church of God, one of the largest evangelical Churches in the world and also the President of Christ the Redeemer's Ministries.

1 Like

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:29pm On Oct 22, 2020
DATE: FRIDAY 23RD OCTOBER, 2020.
THEME: GIVING THAT PLEASES GOD (1).
MEMORISE:
There is that scattereth, and yet increaseth; and there is that withholdeth more than is meet, but it tendeth to poverty. Proverbs 11:24
READ: Luke 21: 1-4
1 And he looked up, and saw the rich men casting their gifts into the treasury.
2 And he saw also a certain poor widow casting in thither two mites.
3 And he said, Of a truth I say unto you, that this poor widow hath cast in more than they all:
4 For all these have of their abundance cast in unto the offerings of God: but she of her penury hath cast in all the living that she had.
God doesn’t assess the quality of your giving by its actual value, but by the value of what you have left after the donation.
In Luke 21:1-4, the rich dropped fat offering in the basket, but none of them pleased God as much as the giver of the least- a poor widow. Jesus said she had “cast in all the living that she had.” You have not given your ‘widow’s mite’ until you have given all your living to God.
“Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again.” Luke 6:38
If you want a spectacular breakthrough, give a spectacular offering. God is interested in what you give Him; if He weren’t, He wouldn’t have been looking into the basket as people were giving in Luke 21.
He is observing; if He finds your offering to be of good measure, a ground-breaking blessing will surely come your way.
Some people say they don’t give because they don’t have. Actually, they don’t have because they don’t give. If a poor widow could have had something to give, then everyone can. People remain poor because they hold back more than is necessary instead of sowing it (Proverbs 11:24).
The Bible says He gives bread to the eater and seed to the sower. If you eat your seed when you should be a sower, how would you have bread when it is time to be an eater? Give your way out of poverty.
As God blesses you, increase your giving so that He can also increase His blessings.
I once met a man who rather than pay 10% of his income as tithe, paid 90%! He once challenged all of us at a conference to give our best offering and that he would match it.
He did! He constantly gave like that poor widow and God also continued to bless Him in return.
You want a spectacular breakthrough? Give a spectacular offering.
KEY POINT:
God measures your offering, not by its value, but by the value of what you have left after giving.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: John 9:1-10:21
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE.

1 Like

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 9:30pm On Oct 24, 2020
OPEN HEAVEN DAILY DEVOTIONAL
SUNDAY 25TH OF OCTOBER, 2020
TOPIC: NO VACCUM
MEMORISE: "Then goeth he, and taketh to him seven other spirits more wicked than himself; and they enter in, and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first". Luke 11:26
BIBLE READING: Luke 11:24-26
24. When the unclean spirit is gone out of a man, he walketh through dry places, seeking rest; and finding none, he saith, I will return unto my house whence I came out.
25. And when he cometh, he findeth it swept and garnished.
26. Then goeth he, and taketh to him seven other spirits more wicked than himself; and they enter in, and dwell there: and the last state of that man is worse than the first.
Scientists have established that there is no vacuum anywhere in the world. It is the same in the Spirit realm; wherever the Spirit of God is not present, an evil spirit takes a seat. This is why many people keep going for deliverance sessions - trying to get rid of the same demon over and over again. It is not that the demon did not leave the first time, only that, when it did, the delivered fellow did not invite the Spirit of God into his/her heart to dwell, hence the demon came back with a legion to take over the heart. Such people end up worse than they were before they went for the deliverance session.
“See, you have been made well. Sin no more, lest a worse thing come upon you. John 5:14”
In the Bible verse above, when Jesus chased the disease-causing demon out of the life of the man at the pool of Bethesda, He warned him not to go back into sin, lest a demon with a worse disease enter into him. If you want total and permanent freedom from demons, you must keep your heart filled with the Holy Spirit.Have you recently become free from the hold of pornography, alcohol, hard drugs, sexual immorality or cultism? This is the time to constantly read your Bible and pray, because if you just keep rejoicing in your freedom without growing in grace, you would soon find yourself back in your old ways, or even worse. This is why many return to their old addictions. Deliverance ministers should also not leave a person alone after praying for him/her. There must be a proper follow-up to ensure the Spirit of the Lord is fully formed in such a person. Teach them to read their Bible daily, to pray and be a part of the fellowship. Follow-up is the real deliverance; it is what determines if all the efforts in getting a person delivered are worth it or not. It gives an assurance that you did not leave the person worse than you met him/her.
Never leave a vacuum for the devil to take advantage of. Welcome the Holy Spirit today.
KEY POINT:
Deliverance is not complete until the Holy Spirit is fully formed in the delivered.
HYMN:
1.I am Thine O Lord I have heard Thy voice

1 Like

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 8:33am On Oct 26, 2020
DATE: MONDAY 26TH OCTOBER 2020
THEME: STAFF, NOT SLAVE.
MEMORISE:
And, ye masters, do the same things unto them, forbearing threatening: knowing that your Master also is in heaven; neither is there respect of persons with him. Ephesians 6:9
READ: 2 Kings 5:1-3
1 Now Naaman, captain of the host of the king of Syria, was a great man with his master, and honourable, because by him the LORD had given deliverance unto Syria: he was also a mighty man in valour, but he was a leper.
2 And the Syrians had gone out by companies, and had brought away captive out of the land of Israel a little maid; and she waited on Naaman's wife.
3 And she said unto her mistress, Would God my lord were with the prophet that is in Samaria! for he would recover him of his leprosy.
Many people treat those who work for them- Personal Assistant, house keeper, gateman, gardener and others as though they are a lower breed of humans. That fellow who works for you is a human being, just like you. With God, there are no differences; you are only privileged to be the employer or supervisor while he/she serves you. When such people give their lives to Christ, there is rejoicing in Heaven just as there is when the president of a nation becomes born again.
Would you want your employer to treat you the same way you treat your domestic staff or some subordinates? You would like some respect in the office, why not give some to those who work for you? After all, they are in their respective office too, no matter how low their cadre may be. Don’t insult or slap them, don’t make them eat your leftovers or sleep in the kitchen. Jesus said:
“ And as ye would that men should do to you, do ye also to them likewise.” Luke 6:31
Most domestic staff and even some other junior employees who work with you have more access to information about you than many of the people you think highly of, hence can hurt or help you. Your house keeper has access to your food at any time and can put whatever he/she wants in it without your knowledge. Your gateman can also decide who goes in and out of your house, so if he wants, he can let unwanted visitors in at night. Your driver practically has your life in his hands every time he takes you out. The worst you can do is make them feel worthless and probably withhold their salary- an action God completely frowns against.
“At his day thou shalt give him his hire, neither shall the sun go down upon it; for he is poor, and setteth his heart upon it: lest he cry against thee unto the LORD, and it be sin unto thee.” Deuteronomy 24:15
The worst they can do to you has more far reaching consequences. This is why you must teach them the word of God and also be interested in their advancement in life. Look at them the way God does and He will bless you for it.
KEY POINT:
Your domestic staff and all those who work with you are fellow human beings and God cares for them. You should too.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Luke 14-15
HYMN5: DEEPER, DEEPER IN THE LOVE OF JESUS.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 7:36am On Oct 27, 2020
DATE: TUESDAY 27TH OCTOBER 2020
THEME: LOOK DOWN ON NO ONE.
MEMORISE:
He that oppresseth the poor reproacheth his Maker: but he that honoureth him hath mercy on the poor. Proverbs 14:31
READ: 1 Samuel 17:42-51
42 And when the Philistine looked about, and saw David, he disdained him: for he was but a youth, and ruddy, and of a fair countenance.
43 And the Philistine said unto David, Am I a dog, that thou comest to me with staves? And the Philistine cursed David by his gods.
44 And the Philistine said to David, Come to me, and I will give thy flesh unto the fowls of the air, and to the beasts of the field.
45 Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied.
46 This day will the LORD deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee; and I will give the carcases of the host of the Philistines this day unto the fowls of the air, and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel.
47 And all this assembly shall know that the LORD saveth not with sword and spear: for the battle is the LORD's, and he will give you into our hands.
48 And it came to pass, when the Philistine arose, and came, and drew nigh to meet David, that David hastened, and ran toward the army to meet the Philistine.
49 And David put his hand in his bag, and took thence a stone, and slang it, and smote the Philistine in his forehead, that the stone sunk into his forehead; and he fell upon his face to the earth.
50 So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and with a stone, and smote the Philistine, and slew him; but there was no sword in the hand of David.
51 Therefore David ran, and stood upon the Philistine, and took his sword, and drew it out of the sheath thereof, and slew him, and cut off his head therewith. And when the Philistines saw their champion was dead, they fled.
Whenever you look down on a man, you are indirectly looking down on God. He is so in love with mankind that He said whatever you do to them is what you have done to Him.
“And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me.” Matthew 25:40
You must be careful because you cannot simply tell who a person is from their looks. David looked like an ordinary teenager, but inside him was a giantkiller. Goliath paid with his life for looking down on him. Inside some prisoners today are Presidents tomorrow; Joseph is a classic example.
Never look down on anyone because they could be the solution to your challenges. Naaman was very great. He had all he needed but he was leprous. The solution to his leprosy was in Israel, but he did not know until a slave girl told him. If you read the story carefully, you will note that when Naaman was storming off in anger from Elisha’s house, it was his servants who pleaded with him to obey the man of God. As a matter of fact, they referred to him as “father” (2 Kings 5:13). Naaman listened to them and got his healing.
If he had been wicked to his servants, they wouldn’t have bothered to plead with him, neither would they have been able to call him “father”. The beggar on your street may be the one to help you when no one would be able to. The poor people living next door may provide information required to save you from an impending trouble. Do not look down on anyone.
Many Christians also feel so holy that they don’t want to relate with unbelievers. Yes, we should not be unequally yoked together with them (2 Corinthians 6:14) but we are not called to be hostile to them either (Luke 6:35). God called us to love, not to hate and snub. There could not have been a more aggressive or harsh enemy of Jesus’ followers than Saul of Tarsus. Yet, once God showed Saul the light and truth, there was never a more devoted, enthusiastic or fearless disciple of Christ. Saul became the Apostle Paul. His life offers a wonderful example of how God sees beyond people’s current status to their potential.
We all have in our own lives Saul-like individuals with Paul-like potentials. Can you imagine how our families, our communities, and the world at large might change if we all tried to see each other as God does?
God hates a proud look (Proverbs 6:16-17).
ACTION POINT:
Is there anyone you currently look down on? Stop it.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Luke 16:1-17:10
HYMN 20: NEARER, MY GOD TO THEE.

1 Like

Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 11:44pm On Oct 28, 2020
DATE: THURSDAY 29TH OCTOBER 2020
THEME: LET GO OF ANGER.
MEMORISE:
He that is slow to anger is better than the mighty; and he that ruleth his spirit than he that taketh a city. Proverbs 16:32
READ: Ephesians 4:31-32
31 Let all bitterness, and wrath, and anger, and clamour, and evil speaking, be put away from you, with all malice:
32 And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ's sake hath forgiven you.
Anger is so dangerous because it can destroy a lifetime of achievement within seconds. Ask Moses: a man who God spoke to face to face (Exodus 33:11), the man who led the children of Israel out of bondage in Egypt and also caused the Egyptian army to be destroyed in the Red Sea (Exodus 14:27,28). Many great miracles had happened through him and he was on the to leading the children of Israel to the promise land, but anger ended his mission within seconds. (Numbers 20:10-12).
Anger is a destiny-killer and that is why I am determined never to get angry again in my life. I was once asked to act the role of an angry man in a play. As hard as I tried, I just couldn’t do it because I had dealt with anger so much in my life. Once in a while, things happen around me that can get me anger but I ensure that I do not stop doing things that help me avoid anger.
Always be in control of your emotions. Anger has a way of making people say or do things they wouldn’t normally. You need to be in control so anger does not take you in that direction. When people say “That is how I behave when I get angry”, it shows they don’t place great value on their destiny. If you let anger dictate how you behave, it will also dictate how far you go. Proverbs 25:28 says:
“ He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls.”
You have control; use it!
When someone gets me angry, I sing choruses. As I sing, I am inviting the Holy Spirit to take control and since He is a gentle Spirit, once He comes in, the anger will go. At others times, you may just quietly leave a place to avoid getting angry.
Whatever you do, ensure anger does not control you.
“He that hath no rule over his own spirit is like a city that is broken down, and without walls.” Ecclesiastes 7:9
Don’t be a fool.
KEY POINT:
If you let anger dictate how you behave, it will also dictate how far you go in life.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Luke 17:11-18:14
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 11:10pm On Oct 29, 2020
DATE: FRIDAY 30TH OF OCTOBER, 2020
THEME: STEER CLEAR OF DOUBT
MEMORISE:
And he that doubteth is damned if he eat, because he eateth not of faith: for whatsoever is not of faith is sin.
Romans 14:23
READ: JAMES 1:5-8
5. If any of you lack wisdom, let him ask of God, that giveth to all men liberally, and upbraideth not; and it shall be given him.
6. But let him ask in faith, nothing wavering. For he that wavereth is like a wave of the sea driven with the wind and tossed.
7. For let not that man think that he shall receive any thing of the Lord.
8. A double minded man is unstable in all his ways.
Faith is the bedrock of Christianity. Hebrews 11:6 says:
*“But without faith it is impossible to please Him: for he that cometh to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of them that diligently seek Him.”*
In Romans 10:9, we see the steps to salvation:
*“That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised Him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.”*
Faith is the most important ingredient in the Christian walk. That’s why Paul said anything done outside faith is a sin (Romans 14:23). You may doubt if an action is a sin or not. You may have asked some spiritual leaders, yet still remain unsure. Today’s memory verse says once you are unsure if an action would amount to a sin or not, then you should choose not to do it. It says anything you do in doubt and not in faith is sin.
As a Christian, it is best you stay off that act that you are not sure about and let go of the benefit you may receive from it. It is better to deny yourself of earthly benefits than finding out at the judgement seat that such an act is a sin. That you have conflicting opinions alone is probably an indication that God wants you to beware of doing that thing.
There has been a lot of debate on whether wearing trousers or jewelry is a sin or not. Beloved sister, if God has instructed you not to wear trousers for example, (maybe through your church doctrine, your parents or personally) and you go ahead to wear it, you are not doing it in faith because there will be that caution in your heart that you shouldn’t be wearing trousers; hence you are committing a sin.
Be wise; if there is a conflict in your heart concerning anything, it is best to stop and steer clear of such. Only do things when you are sure they are not sins.
KEY POINT:
Anything you do in doubt is a sin.
HYMN 13: I HAVE DECIDED TO FOLLOW JESUS
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 10:24pm On Oct 31, 2020
DATE: SUNDAY 1ST NOVEMBER 2020
THEME: WOLVES IN SHEEP’S CLOTHING.
MEMORISE:
And as they sat and did eat, Jesus said, Verily I say unto you, One of you which eateth with me shall betray me. Mark 14:18
READ: Psalm 41:6-12
6 And if he come to see me, he speaketh vanity: his heart gathereth iniquity to itself; when he goeth abroad, he telleth it.
7 All that hate me whisper together against me: against me do they devise my hurt.
8 An evil disease, say they, cleaveth fast unto him: and now that he lieth he shall rise up no more.
9 Yea, mine own familiar friend, in whom I trusted, which did eat of my bread, hath lifted up his heel against me.
10 But thou, O LORD, be merciful unto me, and raise me up, that I may requite them.
11 By this I know that thou favourest me, because mine enemy doth not triumph over me.
12 And as for me, thou upholdest me in mine integrity, and settest me before thy face for ever.
In journeyings often, in perils of waters, in perils of robbers, in perils by mine own countrymen, in perils by the heathen, in perils in the city, in perils in the wilderness, in perils in the sea, in perils among false brethren; 2 Corinthians 11:26
As we see above, Apostle Paul enumerated the dangers he had encountered in the course of preaching the gospel and ‘perils among false brethren’ made the list. You must be wary of false brethren within your family, neighborhood, workplace and even in your local assembly.
In 1 Samuel 17:26-28, while David was making enquiries about the reward for slaying Goliath, his elder brother wanted him to go back to look after sheep. The elders say that if the household enemy cannot kill a person, neither can the external ones. David was already dreaming of how he was going to become a giant-killer but his brother wanted to silence him, just as Joseph’s brothers sought to kill his own dreams in Genesis 37:17-20. One would think that his brothers would have been interested in helping him become a great ruler as he had dreamed, after all, they would have been “the great ruler’s brothers”. Rather, they not only wanted his dreams to be aborted, they also wanted to kill him.
Don’t be fooled; not everyone smiling with you genuinely wishes you well, so be careful who you share your dreams with. Be like David and follow the counsel of God rather than those of men.
When I became the General Overseer of RCCG, there was a man I had considered to be a good friend as we had done some wonderful things together for God in the past. I went to visit him one day to discuss my new assignment as the General Overseer. When I got to his house, he drove me away, saying he had hated me since the day I came into the Church. I was shocked and really felt sad.
I pray that every wolf in sheep’s clothing around you shall be exposed and disgraced in the mighty name of Jesus.
PRAYER POINT:
Father, every wolf in sheep’s clothing around me, expose this week in the mighty name of Jesus.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Luke 18:15-19:48
HYMN 18: MY FAITH LOOKS UP TO THEE.
Re: Open Heavens Daily Devotional by Gabson247(m): 1:25am On Nov 03, 2020
DATE: TUESDAY 3RD NOVEMBER, 2020.
THEME: JUDGING THE SIN OR THE SINNER?
MEMORISE:
Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all long suffering and doctrine.
2 Timothy 4:2
READ: Matthew 7:1-5
1. Judge not, that ye be not judged.
2 For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again.
3 And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?
4 Or how wilt thou say to thy brother, Let me pull out the mote out of thine eye; and, behold, a beam is in thine own eye?
5 Thou hypocrite, first cast out the beam out of thine own eye; and then shalt thou see clearly to cast out the mote out of thy brother's eye.
As Christians we must resist the urge to hastily take positions on both public and private issues without making proper findings. It is very easy to judge others, even more so now with the advent of social media.
Though a crime suspect is yet to be pronounced guilty by a competent court, a lot of people would have made competent court, a lot of people would have made conclusions already about him/her especially if the suspect’s appearance portrays him/her as a criminal.
People are especially good at speaking out against things they find offensive. Sadly, their focus may be on the person, instead of the action.
In Matthew 7:1-5, Jesus cautions us against judging others in a hypocritical way. We shouldn’t be habitually critical of others when we need correction as well. Only God’s judgments are flawless (John 8: 15-16).
Don’t be quick to condemn someone else’s actions. God is patient, but He would not overlook anyone’s disobedience (Romans 2:1-5). Don’t attack people, be a good example for others (Romans 14:13).
While believers are not to condemn others, we are however not to ignore or condone sin.
There is a difference between the judgment that comes with discernment. John 7:24 says:
“Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.”
If you see another believer falling into sin, you should confront the person in a respectful and loving way. In Matthew 18:15-17, Jesus teaches us to judge sin, not the sinner.
The ultimate goal of confronting a believer who is backsliding is so the fellow can repent and abide.
Thus, when we judge sin, let it be done in meekness with the goal of repentance and reconciliation. This is the will of God (Galatians 6:1).
KEY POINT:
John 7:24: judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Matthew 22
Mark 12
AUTHOR: PASTOR E. A. ADEBOYE.
HYMN 20: NEARER, MY GOD TO THEE.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Fasting Because You Are Broke. Is It Acceptable Before God? / Federal High Court Dismisses TB Joshua's Lawsuit Against Lagos Coroner' / Why Are Youths Not Genuinely Serving God?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 292
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.