Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

Peace Building In Plateau State And Nigeria - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Peace Building In Plateau State And Nigeria (372 Views)

RCCG Opens 14-Floor Storey Building In Lagos (Video) / Fire Guts Building In TB Joshua’s Synagogue Church (Photos, Video) / Victor Umeh Transforms A Catholic Church Building In Cameroon (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Peace Building In Plateau State And Nigeria by bilms(m): 8:49am On Jan 21, 2020
PEACE BUILDING IN PLATEAU STATE AND NIGERIA

BY MABAS MARYAM IDI

“Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.” (Albert Estein)
Well, before dwelling into a bit of discussion, I would like to give a hint about what peace really is, as we had been yearning about it for a long time.

PEACE: is considered to be general condition where is calm and order in a specific environment, mind or body. Where there is peace, means there is no disturbance or conflict of any sort.

Peace had firm roots in all major world religions. For instance, in Christianity, Jesus of Nazareth was often referred to as “The prince of peace” and as well as The Messiah.

Similarly, in Islam, peace is always the motive. For the name itself means peace. And its Holy Prophet Muhammad (SAW) was also regarded as the envoy of peace to the world and humanity.

Plateau state and Nigeria as a whole; being the subject of discussion and concern today was indeed a heterogeneous setting with multi-ethnic and religious inhabitants.

Yet that was not deterrence for peace to co-exist. Most of the people of this great nation adhered to one of the two world’s major religion (Christianity and Islam), and these religions preaches no harm.

To prove this, the Christian Bible in psalm 34:14 has this to say: “Turn from evil and do good: seek peace and pursuit it.” Likewise, the Muslim Qur’an 2:208 also says: “O you who believe! Enter absolutely into peace(Islam). Do not follow the footstep of the Satan.”

Our people, with the above extracted from the Holy books of the two most popular religions, one could affirm my foresaid statement that no religion preaches violence and conflict.

And those who preach and encourage violence and disunity are no other, but agents of the devil and total disbelievers.

For all we could do is call them to order using love, kindness and tolerance. For I believe “an eye for an eye will only make the whole world blind”.

Do not be brainwashed by the Boko Haram, ISIL and Co., they are nothing but a satanic cult group willing and determined to exterminate the human race.

They are strictly anti-human and nothing more, for their target is everyone, either you Muslims, Christians atheists or whosoever, they simply kill us, loot our belongings, kidnap and rape our sisters, children, wives, mothers, later on use them for suicide attacks. This is who they are, and not one of the two religions.

Having known the reality of the facts at hand, let us see how peace (a lasting one) can be achieved on plateau, Nigeria and the world at large.

ELEMENTS OF PEACE
To counter this, I have three (3) most important points or elements, if duly understood and followed, peace will be achieved.

 TOLERANCE: this is the willingness to recognize and respect the beliefs or practices of others. As long as we will adhere to this very simple but complex doctrine of tolerance, an everlasting peace will be achieved throughout the globe.

Our brothers and sisters, Let’s tolerance be the guide and love of every religion. Let’s respect others world view, let’s build the strength within us to master our differences.

 LOVE: it is a strong positive emotion of regard and affection. We should have a positive regard to each other; be it rich or poor, Muslims or Christians, young or old. We are all humans created by One God.

 KINDNESS: it is an act of showing affection, benevolence or a charitable behavior. An individual that is kind will share in the problems of others.

He or she will be ready to displease himself or herself in other to satisfy the immediate needs of the other.

Our youth, your vibe is contagious. Make sure it’s a good one.

Love is the only abstract force that keeps humanity in bond. Let’s shun away from hypocrisy, finalism and extremism. Let love, tolerance and kindness be the regulating factors in harmonizing our differences. Let’s be our brother’s keeper. Let love take the lead.

Our people, darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.

Wickedness cannot drive out wickedness; only kindness can do that. Says Rev. Martins

Peace begins with you and I. as long as we respect the human race with no difference from Muslims to Christians, rich or poor, young or old, then and only then will there be peace.

With this, I challenge you all to be good ambassadors of peace on the plateau, the nation and the world at large.

My people, “peace begins with a smile.” Says mother Theresa. Thus, I urge you all to smile and give peace a chance to reign.

Mariam Mabas is an associate of the Foundation for Peace Professionals

(1) (Reply)

Download Anointing To See By Bishop David Oyedepo / Pictures: Popular Onitcha Based Propher Odumejeje Celebrates Love On The Street / South Korea Church Leader Apologises For Coronavirus Infections

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.