Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,893 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:51 PM

4 Things I've Learned From Dating A Guy Who Is Actually Good For Me - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / 4 Things I've Learned From Dating A Guy Who Is Actually Good For Me (854 Views)

What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? / 5 Things I've Learnt Since My Girlfriend Got Pregnant / What Occupation Would Stop You From Dating Or Marrying Someone? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Things I've Learned From Dating A Guy Who Is Actually Good For Me by medTechworld(f): 12:11pm On Jan 21, 2020
1. My partner has taught me that I can’t expect anyone to be perfect.

A healthy relationship doesn’t equate to a perfect relationship. I’m fully aware that I’m not perfect, so how could I ever expect someone else to be flawless?

Expecting perfection in a relationship is unfair and unrealistic. My partner accepts that I’m not perfect, and I do the same for him. Even when my Aries nature makes me say rash things without thinking how my partner may interpret them, he explains why my words hurt and inspires me to work on my quick tongue.

In turn, I accept everything about my partner, from his insecurities to his flaws. Together, we’re working on being better partners.

2. My partner understands me better than anyone.

I always felt like no one really “got me” and have assumed that I’d always feel disconnected from everyone around me. However, when I met my current partner, he understood me from the beginning, and it was almost magnetic.

I never have to explain how I feel or what I’m thinking; we just try to understand each other. My partner can sometimes tell how I’m feeling just from the looks I give.

Though that makes it impossible for me to hide anything from him (Not that I’d want to, of course!), I’m so grateful that I can be myself and still be understood.

3. My partner and I both want to see each other grow.

My partner and I both have trauma, but we’ve committed to helping each other move past our dark moments. My boyfriend also helps me work towards my goals and dreams, and I do the same for him.

I’ve truly invested myself in everything that my boyfriend wants to accomplish in life. I love seeing my partner become the best version of himself. My significant other makes me feel like I can accomplish anything I set my mind to.

4. I’m secure with my partner.

In the past, I’ve spent a lot of time questioning my relationships and trying to “water myself down” to please people. But now, with my boyfriend, I don’t feel like I need to bend over backwards.

He brings out the best in me and helps me feel more secure in myself, especially when I’m around others. Loving my partner is great, but it’s even more amazing to know that he loves me back.

I’ve spent a lot of time with people who weren’t meant for me, but I’ve finally found someone who is good for me.

If you’re looking for a healthy relationship, you’ll find it when your partner cares for you like mine cares for me. I know you’re impatiently waiting for a healthy, but I promise you, real love is coming.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: 4 Things I've Learned From Dating A Guy Who Is Actually Good For Me by Happyguy201: 12:13pm On Jan 21, 2020
please go and sit down for one corner how does this help the current situation of Nigeria

2 Likes

Re: 4 Things I've Learned From Dating A Guy Who Is Actually Good For Me by Thegeneralqueen(f): 12:16pm On Jan 21, 2020
Happyguy201:
please go and sit down for one corner how does this help the current situation of Nigeria
Favorite lines broke boys use whenever they're angry

1 Like

Re: 4 Things I've Learned From Dating A Guy Who Is Actually Good For Me by medTechworld(f): 12:16pm On Jan 21, 2020
Happyguy201:

Please, Take your frustration elsewhere.
Re: 4 Things I've Learned From Dating A Guy Who Is Actually Good For Me by Happyguy201: 12:20pm On Jan 21, 2020
Thegeneralqueen:
Favorite lines broke boys use whenever they're angry

coming from a broke girl no FU.CKS is given by me

1 Like

Re: 4 Things I've Learned From Dating A Guy Who Is Actually Good For Me by Kylekent59: 12:30pm On Jan 21, 2020
If he goes broke, hope you wouldn't leave him for another man grin
Re: 4 Things I've Learned From Dating A Guy Who Is Actually Good For Me by Thegeneralqueen(f): 12:34pm On Jan 21, 2020
Happyguy201:

coming from a broke girl no FU.CKS is given by me
Boy I'll feed you for the next 20 years
Re: 4 Things I've Learned From Dating A Guy Who Is Actually Good For Me by boliswitpassprik(m): 12:35pm On Jan 21, 2020
I keep telling people, the North is the problem Nigeria is facing. Take the north out of Nigeria and watch how we prosper!
If it's not Boko Haram today it's Fulani herdsmen, if it's not Fulani herdsmen it's bandits and kidnappers, if it's not kidnappers it's southern Kaduna crisis, if it's not southern Kaduna it's miyetti Allah, If it's not miyetti Allah it's Ganduje..... the list goes on and on!
Point is; these people live and feed on violence, they can't prosper, they don't have the mindset. It's 2020 and Northerners are still struggling to take their kids to school to at least primary level, it's absurd and disgusting.
If only Sevn or bros lalasticlolo can ban Northern news on Nairaland, everyone would see that 70% the negative news that comes up in this country everyday is Nothern.
Boli sweet pass prick.

1 Like

Re: 4 Things I've Learned From Dating A Guy Who Is Actually Good For Me by Happyguy201: 12:45pm On Jan 21, 2020
Thegeneralqueen:
Boy I'll feed you for the next 20 years

coming from a hungry ratchet girl i doubt it

1 Like

Re: 4 Things I've Learned From Dating A Guy Who Is Actually Good For Me by medTechworld(f): 12:46pm On Jan 21, 2020
Happyguy201:

Do you think everyone is as wretched as you are?
Re: 4 Things I've Learned From Dating A Guy Who Is Actually Good For Me by Happyguy201: 12:49pm On Jan 21, 2020
medTechworld:

Do you think everyone is as wretched as you are?

when your bf goes broke u will definitely leave him we know your type . good thing men are now waking up and taking the red pill

NIGERIAN GIRLS

1 Like

Re: 4 Things I've Learned From Dating A Guy Who Is Actually Good For Me by Thegeneralqueen(f): 12:53pm On Jan 21, 2020
Happyguy201:

Please take your frustration elsewhere I'm not the curse of your problem
Re: 4 Things I've Learned From Dating A Guy Who Is Actually Good For Me by Happyguy201: 12:58pm On Jan 21, 2020
Thegeneralqueen:
Please take your frustration elsewhere I'm not the curse of your problem

ATTENTION SEEKER
Re: 4 Things I've Learned From Dating A Guy Who Is Actually Good For Me by Happyguy201: 1:12pm On Jan 21, 2020
Thegeneralqueen:
You should be ashamed of yourself your mate's are hustling while you're here seeking attention from a classy girl who in your life time you can't come close to her achievement....run along ashawo

GOLD DIGGER

1 Like

Re: 4 Things I've Learned From Dating A Guy Who Is Actually Good For Me by Nobody: 9:08am On Jan 25, 2020
Happyguy201 ooooo

Thegeneralqueen oooooo

MedTechworld oooooo

MedTechworld bf ooo

Me ooooooo

We are all mad but not yet roaming gringringrin

(1) (Reply)

Some Nlers Once Said They Had An Ongoin Affair With A Married Woman In Her House / Behold The New Love Of My Life(picture) / Nairalanders Post Corona Meetup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.