Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,430 members, 7,800,979 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 09:33 AM

Amotekun: Atiku Indirectly Attacks Tinubu For His Silence - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amotekun: Atiku Indirectly Attacks Tinubu For His Silence (3475 Views)

Olumide Oworu Breaks His Silence After House Of Assembly Election / Yoruba Nation: APC Kicks As Akintoye Attacks Tinubu / Atiku Attacks Tinubu Over Support For Buhari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amotekun: Atiku Indirectly Attacks Tinubu For His Silence by solmusdesigns: 6:10pm On Jan 21, 2020
StaffofOrayan:
Bros take a deep breath and pay attention to what you are saying,
When your people are being killed and your sights are on 3 years away

People like El Rufai brag constantly that anyone who kills a Fulani man would pay.

Can't you be president and still secure your people? Why must you have to chose one?

Seriously bro, what type of Yoruba's are we raising?

Did Tinubu stop the Amotekun from running? or didnt his state donate their dues...

Just honestly picture what will Happen with A SouthEast President, North East Vice president (or vice versa) , SouthSouth Senate President and North Central Speaker.. Army chief NorthWest, Police chief South East, Customs NorthEast, for 8 years, imagine what would happen to Yoruba Land, for 8 fvcking good years.. all because we play all of our cards out. let Obasanjo and Tinubu stay out of this and represent us at the National level, it would be terrible if they all join in regional affiars very tragic

People seeking to push out Tinubus and Obasanjos veiws are mostly other tribe seriously hoping to naked them and build up a case against them so we can have no rep at nationa discuss

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Atiku Indirectly Attacks Tinubu For His Silence by ChoCho54(f): 6:11pm On Jan 21, 2020
LegendHero:

I understand your concern and you’re right to some extent. However, I am of the opinion that Tinubu supported this and there is no proof to say the contrary.

You are right about Afenifere and Tinubu enemies hijacking the network, but still I think that shouldn’t make any difference coz they are all Yoruba first!

Afenifere leader initially condemned Amotekun by saying they are not what we needed, he opined that state police would have been the best thing. They later fall into line when they see that majority of the Yorubas supported the network and I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t have condemned it a bit if they had been the pioneer of it.

Tinubu currently still hold some influence in the SW and the governors loyal to him wouldn’t have subscribed to Amotekun if he was against it. Remember this planning was initiated since last year and DAWN commission were the one that did the planning while all the SW governors supported with the necessary funding.

Although no one dare compare Awolowo to Tinubu coz Awo is far above Tinubu league. However without Tinubu currently, the Yorubas wouldn’t have had a bargaining power in politics at the center.
Ok
Re: Amotekun: Atiku Indirectly Attacks Tinubu For His Silence by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:13pm On Jan 21, 2020
Amotekun is a popular initiative in the South and middle belt, see the news coming out of Kogi when police officers 'supervised' killings by herdsmen,
My disgust for Tinubu culminated when he asked where are the cows.
If you can show me anywhere Tinubu criticized Killer herdsmen I would immediately apologize, instead VP said it is exaggerated.
Not long after, a judge was kidnapped.

Google a manchurian candidate

solmusdesigns:

think bro, without presidential powers, if we fail in 2023, many people would pouce on Yorubas and the so called Amotekun would be victimised by the next fulani president especially if we dont have a vice president or a top legislative head

Do you honestly think if we have any chance at devolution of power without a Yoruba President?

Re: Amotekun: Atiku Indirectly Attacks Tinubu For His Silence by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:15pm On Jan 21, 2020
It's almost like you don't believe there is a security crisis in Nigeria??
Bros war is coming!!!! And it's coming fast!!!!
It seems only the Fulanis are preparing

solmusdesigns:

Did Tinubu stop the Amotekun from running? or didnt his state donate their dues...

Just honestly picture what will Happen with A SouthEast President, North East Vice president (or vice versa) , SouthSouth Senate President and North Central Speaker.. Army chief NorthWest, Police chief South East, Customs NorthEast, for 8 years, imagine what would happen to Yoruba Land, for 8 fvcking good years.. all because we play all of our cards out. let Obasanjo and Tinubu stay out of this and represent us at the National level, it would be terrible if they all join in regional affiars very tragic

People seeking to push out Tinubus and Obasanjos veiws are mostly other tribe seriously hoping to naked them and build up a case against them so we can have no rep at nationa discuss

Re: Amotekun: Atiku Indirectly Attacks Tinubu For His Silence by solmusdesigns: 6:21pm On Jan 21, 2020
StaffofOrayan:
Amotekun is a popular initiative in the South and middle belt, see the news coming out of Kogi when police officers 'supervised' killings by herdsmen,
My disgust for Tinubu culminated when he asked where are the cows.
If you can show me anywhere Tinubu criticized Killer herdsmen I would immediately apologize, instead VP said it is exaggerated.
Not long after, a judge was kidnapped.

Google a manchurian candidate

I understand your concern but this is politics, ti owo eni oba te eku ida aki bere iku to pa baba eni...

If today Tinubu and Obasanjo Brings out a megaphone to adress people and Obasanjo picks up his letter.. and they foolishly play into the hands of the enermies.. and start issuing reckless statements, telling Fulani that they would swim in blood like baboons and dogs, and they say that Amotekun has come to stay and all Fulani are in troble

What exactly would it change? to me it changes nothing they both have no executive powers

and should any National issue crop up like who becomes Vice or President Northerners wont negotiate with Afenifere, or OPC or Amotekun, and with Obasanj and Tinubu making reckless statements they wont negotiate with them, yet North has 19 states, more voting population and can recklessly block any progress in Southwest with other southerners hapilly mocking us

This is the time for Yorubas to Think and see the bigger picture, its also time for Ibos to produce a trusted leader that can negotiate for them if not hmmn its going to be another 8 years of agony

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun: Atiku Indirectly Attacks Tinubu For His Silence by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:34pm On Jan 21, 2020
Bro you are playing to their games
You have also decided to pick either securing yourself or vying for presidency.
It is an indecent proposal.
And I am surprised you have bought into it.

If Buhari, a presidential candidate can claim a fight against boko Haram (an armed terrorist group) is a fight against the North and still win elections then there are really no excuses.

All we expect from Tinubu is solidarity, how can that be too much to ask from a "leader"

Ti owo omo ba te eku ida, Ta lo ma fi gbeja ti bororo ba ti pa gbogbo molebi e ?

solmusdesigns:

I understand your concern but this is politics, ti owo eni oba te eku ida aki bere iku to pa baba eni...

If today Tinubu and Obasanjo Brings out a megaphone to adress people and Obasanjo picks up his letter.. and they foolishly play into the hands of the enermies.. and start issuing reckless statements, telling Fulani that they would swim in blood like baboons and dogs, and they say that Amotekun has come to stay and all Fulani are in troble

What exactly would it change? to me it changes nothing they both have no executive powers

and should any National issue crop up like who becomes Vice or President Northerners wont negotiate with Afenifere, or OPC or Amotekun, and with Obasanj and Tinubu making reckless statements they wont negotiate with them, yet North has 19 states, more voting population and can recklessly block any progress in Southwest with other southerners hapilly mocking us

This is the time for Yorubas to Think and see the bigger picture, its also time for Ibos to produce a trusted leader that can negotiate for them if not hmmn its going to be another 8 years of agony
Re: Amotekun: Atiku Indirectly Attacks Tinubu For His Silence by solmusdesigns: 6:37pm On Jan 21, 2020
StaffofOrayan:
Bro you are playing to their games
You have also decided to pick either securing yourself or vying for presidency.
It is an indecent proposal.
And I am surprised you have bought into it.

If Buhari, a presidential candidate can claim a fight against boko Haram (an armed terrorist group) is a fight against the North and still win elections then there are really no excuses.

All we expect from Tinubu is solidarity, how can that be too much to ask from a "leader"

Ti owo omo ba te eku ida, Ta lo ma fi gbeja ti bororo ba ti pa gbogbo molebi e ?

Anyways moving forward, propose the best line of action for Tinubu and Obasanjo if you were him and the Yoruba land as a whole if you were like the leader and the ralling point

My proposal and my opinion is simple, Tinubu keep out and let Governors and Lawyers get it done, Tinubu should keep his doors open for all negotiation and should limit his public appearances

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun: Atiku Indirectly Attacks Tinubu For His Silence by myobjective: 6:41pm On Jan 21, 2020
LegendHero:
Most Nigerians don’t understand politics and how it’s played in Nigeria.

Why should Tinubu talk? Will his talk make any difference? What will be the main goal of his voicing out?

People with functioning brains should know Tinubu will be consulted by the SW governors before they can proceed and I’m quite sure in the background they are doing everything possible to make Amotekun successful.

However, politics is a crazy game and most of the guys shouting Tinubu should talk are his enemies. It’s very easy to use his words against him when the time comes as being an ethnic bigot. Tinubu is wise and he should remain silent in the press and work in the background to make Amotekun a success.

As Yorubas, there no need for all of us to be shouting at the same time, there should be the silent workers and the front men that do the speeches.

We Yorubas shouldn’t lose focus, this shouldn’t be a game of throwing banters and abusing people online. We should keep the eye on the target only without listening to ariwo oja!

Amotekun is here to stay!

bross your head correct.
Tinubu silence is the best

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Atiku Indirectly Attacks Tinubu For His Silence by StaffofOrayan(m): 6:53pm On Jan 21, 2020
Alright moving forward,
The contributions of Yoruba's in APC can't be erased.
If Amotekun is the sole cause of Northern widrawal for Yoruba support in 2023, then that has been the plan from the beginning. They have been hinting it at you but you were not paying attention. Shettima has been the face of that front.

Tinubu seems to be our stumbling block in the SW, others regions ESPECIALLY the middle belt has stretched their hands to the south but nobody seems to be grabbing it, the country seems tired of the northern hegemony and nepotism but nobody seems to be exploiting it, Tinubu is old and getting slower, he is no longer the fighter he was, and like a spent flood, and has chosen the path of least resistance, which is wait for power to be handed over.

If I was Tinubu I would support Amotekun while professing my undying love for Buhari, Miyetti Allah and Nigeria. Talk is cheap but action is priceless.

By the time Tinubu tries to rally the SW, it would be too late.

solmusdesigns:

Anyways moving forward, propose the best line of action for Tinubu and Obasanjo if you were him and the Yoruba land as a whole if you were like the leader and the ralling point

My proposal and my opinion is simple, Tinubu keep out and let Governors and Lawyers get it done, Tinubu should keep his doors open for all negotiation and should limit his public appearances
Re: Amotekun: Atiku Indirectly Attacks Tinubu For His Silence by efighter: 6:55pm On Jan 21, 2020
despi64:

Lol his ambition is worth the lives of his people

Ojukwu's ambition was worht more than htree million Igbos' lifes, even after sacrifizing three million of his brethren, he still achieved nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun: Atiku Indirectly Attacks Tinubu For His Silence by myobjective: 7:01pm On Jan 21, 2020
solmusdesigns:

Anyways moving forward, propose the best line of action for Tinubu and Obasanjo if you were him and the Yoruba land as a whole if you were like the leader and the rallying point

I buy into your line of taught. The Igbo shouting Amotekun here don't really like the Yoruba or our interest, they are here to profit from any disagreement between the north and the west and if we allow our emotion to get the better of us we'll lose.

I must also point out that the Hausa-Fulani north being a very powerful block doesn't have the power they like to project, the 19states made reference to above include two states where Yoruba have serious political clout (Kwara and Kogi) and also includes states like Benue, Plateau, Taraba, Nasarawa and so many others that are not in good terms with the core-north. We need to play our game in a very smart way.

I till believe that Tinubu should stay out of the Amotekun issue all together

2 Likes

Re: Amotekun: Atiku Indirectly Attacks Tinubu For His Silence by solmusdesigns: 7:03pm On Jan 21, 2020
myobjective:

I buy into your line of taught. The Igbo shouting Amotekun here don't really like the Yoruba or our interest, they are here to profit from any disagreement between the north and the west and if we allow our emotion to get the better of us we'll lose.

I must also point out that the Hausa-Fulani north being a very powerful block doesn't have the power they like to project, the 19states made reference to above include two states where Yoruba have serious political clout (Kwara and Kogi) and also includes states like Benue, Plateau, Taraba, Nasarawa and so many others that are not in good terms with the core-north. We need to play our game in a very smart way.

I till believe that Tinubu should stay out of the Amotekun issue all together

thats my thought too, we should be very carefull because any wrong move would be a very long lonely walk of marginalisation
Re: Amotekun: Atiku Indirectly Attacks Tinubu For His Silence by myobjective: 7:06pm On Jan 21, 2020
solmusdesigns:

thats my thought too, we should be very carefull because any wrong move would be a very long lonely walk of marginalisation

Yoruba can't really be marginalized without Nigeria not disintegrating.
Re: Amotekun: Atiku Indirectly Attacks Tinubu For His Silence by solmusdesigns: 7:07pm On Jan 21, 2020
myobjective:

Yoruba can't really be marginalized without Nigeria not disintegrating.

Our own son did it in 1999 to 2003 and Jonathan also wanted to try it in 2011 untill people like Tinubu seeked another alliance
Re: Amotekun: Atiku Indirectly Attacks Tinubu For His Silence by myobjective: 7:13pm On Jan 21, 2020
solmusdesigns:

Our own son did it in 1999 to 2003 and Jonathan also wanted to try it in 2011 until people like Tinubu seeked another alliance

We are not using our strategic importance to our advantage. Do you know that the Northwest contributing nothing to our national wealth receive more than southwest from the federation accounts. States like Katsina, Kaduna, Kano and Sokoto takes much more than Oyo, Ogun and Ondo despite the former contributing close to nothing to central. What we need is restructuring and outright disintegration
Re: Amotekun: Atiku Indirectly Attacks Tinubu For His Silence by solmusdesigns: 7:34pm On Jan 21, 2020
myobjective:

We are not using our strategic importance to our advantage. Do you know that the Northwest contributing nothing to our national wealth receive more than southwest from the federation accounts. States like Katsina, Kaduna, Kano and Sokoto takes much more than Oyo, Ogun and Ondo despite the former contributing close to nothing to central. What we need is restructuring and outright disintegration

I support this but i think we have to play our cards right if we want to perfectly restructure... if not once Northerners sense any matter relating retructuring they start crying as they are crying on Amotekun
Re: Amotekun: Atiku Indirectly Attacks Tinubu For His Silence by sapoyoro(m): 7:38pm On Jan 21, 2020
solmusdesigns:

think bro, without presidential powers, if we fail in 2023, many people would pouce on Yorubas and the so called Amotekun would be victimised by the next fulani president especially if we dont have a vice president or a top legislative head

Do you honestly think if we have any chance at devolution of power without a Yoruba President?

]
you making brilliant points...but the problem bro is that you keep using the word "we Yorubas"
problem is not all yoruba are pro APC,not all yoruba are pro Buhari..infact most Yoruba are pragmatic and neutral...Yorubas are in both party...how many Yorubas apart from Yoruba in APC actually care about this "Yoruba presidency"
not to detail the topic...just saying that APC and in extension if it is Tinubu- needs alot to do to convince most Yorubas cos most people know a yoruba presidency may not be beneficiary to them in any way except fill the pocket of politician with more looted funds...dunno though,think the afeniferes are gaining ground again due to their call for restructuring,which alot now see as beneficial in the long run.
also the "where are the cows" statement still stuck out like a sore on a thumb on alot of Yoruba people mind..and if I have to be honest,I think the statement was sick...and may have nailed Tinubu in SW...now he is not talking on Amotekun and whether we admit it or not has irked alot of people in SW...his silence is seen as an opposition and pro north....alot of people in SW are angry, APC needs lot to do in SW otherwise even if igbo is the person pdp present,don't be surprised to see SW splitting votes in 2023 yet again.
just my honest opinion
Re: Amotekun: Atiku Indirectly Attacks Tinubu For His Silence by solmusdesigns: 7:42pm On Jan 21, 2020
sapoyoro:

]
you making brilliant points...but the problem bro is that you keep using the word "we Yorubas"
problem is not all yoruba are pro APC,not all yoruba are pro Buhari..infact most Yoruba are pragmatic and neutral...Yorubas are in both party...how many Yorubas apart from Yoruba in APC actually care about this "Yoruba presidency"
not to detail the topic...just saying that APC and in extension if it is Tinubu- needs alot to do to convince most Yorubas cos most people know a yoruba presidency may not be beneficiary to them in any way except fill the pocket of politician with more looted funds...dunno though,think the afeniferes are gaining ground again due to their call for restructuring,which alot now see as beneficial in the long run.
also the "where are the cows" statement still stuck out like a sore on a thumb on alot of Yoruba people mind..and if I have to be honest,I think the statement was sick...and may have nailed Tinubu in SW...now he is not talking on Amotekun and whether we admit it or not has irked alot of people in SW...his silence is seen as an opposition and pro north....alot of people in SW are angry, APC needs lot to do in SW otherwise even if igbo is the person pdp present,don't be surprised to see SW splitting votes in 2023 yet again.
just my honest opinion

truly you cant serve two masters in Tinubu's case, am just guessing he believes yoruba are his people and he can still come home to beg later if he gets APC ticket or better yet become another Obasanjo that won 1999 without yoruba's vote.. either ways Tinubu's best bet is to present a new person
Re: Amotekun: Atiku Indirectly Attacks Tinubu For His Silence by Ojiofor: 7:48pm On Jan 21, 2020
Where are the cows?
Was TlerfTinubu's question when a Yoruba leader's daughter was murdered and you expect the expect the bullion van robber to say a word in this issue.
Re: Amotekun: Atiku Indirectly Attacks Tinubu For His Silence by sapoyoro(m): 7:55pm On Jan 21, 2020
solmusdesigns:

truly you cant serve two masters in Tinubu's case, am just guessing he believes yoruba are his people and he can still come home to beg later if he gets APC ticket or better yet become another Obasanjo that won 1999 without yoruba's vote.. either ways Tinubu's best bet is to present a new person
yes,I agree with all your submission especially the part u said he believes Yoruba are his people and he believes can come back to beg..or do it like obasanjo..
but obasanjo has the rest of the south and virtually most of the north....you know the south(se and SS will never vote for Tinubu,now half of the West is already against him b4 the first ballot is cast.)
also some cabals in the north may also fight for northern interest and may not give Tinubu backing like they did obasanjo (even Buhari was getting millions in the north against obj)
I don't hate Tinubu though...but he has really crossed the path of so many Yorubas directly or indirectly,and many are baying for his blood,to pay him back in his own coin even if it cost Yoruba the president,because unfortunately,for good or bad Yorubas don't have herd mentality.

I also think like your submission,he should be realistic and back another guy...
the opposition right now will be praying for APC to make the mistake of presenting Tinubu.
Re: Amotekun: Atiku Indirectly Attacks Tinubu For His Silence by sapoyoro(m): 8:03pm On Jan 21, 2020
myobjective:

my brother,most Yorubas are pragmatic and neutral,there first lies the problem..which means there will always be opposition within us.
secondly,most APC governors has turned the people against APC due to their dire performances(example,not paying salaries and pensioners)..most of these guys are Tinubu guys, so Tinubu has become the spare tyre of their aggression and frustation
to be honest,I don't see SW voting as a single large block in 2023.....and Mr Buhari's performance has not helped matters.

Mr Tinubu imo should not contest in 2023..hated in se and ss and tainted in SW.
Re: Amotekun: Atiku Indirectly Attacks Tinubu For His Silence by EcoBrick: 8:05pm On Jan 21, 2020
myobjective:

I think the reason why we cant use our strategic importance to our advantage, as you put it, is because currently the SW APC has been rendered weak and useless by the Buhari faction of the party. Shortly after winning election in 2015, Buhari and his loyalists set out to ensure that the SW wing would become factionalized via divide and conquere tactics, in order to weaken the region's ability to present a unified front. This they achieved by empowering certain disgruntled elements within the SW faction to confront the erstwhile political establishment.

This move was a fantastically strategic success in its execution because now the SW APC can no longer speak with one voice and the major actors view each other with suspicion. Tinubu, who was the erstwhile central go-to person in the SW, was the target of that assault and it succeeded. Buhari used divide and rule tactics to decimate and render the SW APC impotent and almost useless when it comes to asserting itself politically, sotay our people are willing to now settle for crumbs from Abuja. That is primarily why Buhari can make crazy and nepotistic appointments without giving a damn about a SW APC that is supposed to be its alliance partner.

By implication, the region can no longer speak with one voice politically. In fact, I reckon that the situation is so bad now that we would be better off in opposition because at least we showed more focus and united front while in opposition.

As for Tinubu's silence, to be honest with you I can't blame him. First rule of survival in politics is self-preservation, and in this regard Tinubu probably knows and understands Buhari's mind better than any other politician in Nigeria today. Tinubu has way too many enemies both within and outside Yorubaland and the APC/PDP, who are just waiting for him to confront Buhari so the latter can have a perfect excuse to decimate him.

Buhari has shown his willingness to be ruthless towards those he considers his foes (a la Sowore, Kanu, Dasuki et al), and if there's anyone that he would love an excuse to disgrace, it is none other than Tinubu. But being a veteran politician that has lived long enough to draw from the experiences of past Yoruba politicians (e.g, Awolowo, Akintola, etc) in their relations with the Northerners, I think Tinubu is currently being strategic in his utterances and conduct. Yorubas would say 'Okun o ki'n wo ruru k'a wa ruru'. Recall that at a point he was under watch by the DSS when the presidency felt he was plotting against their interests during Bubu's first tenure. I am sure he learned a lot from that experience.

If Tinubu heeds the call of those frenemies calling on him to be confrontational towards Buhari today, and then consequently the latter decides to move against him as a result (Abacha style), there is no doubt he will end up getting the MKO treatment.

My hope and prayer is that APC breaks up after Buhari's tenure so that another pro-SW party with clout emerges from its carcass that can champion the region's interests, because as it stands, all the major SW APC actors (including Tinubu) have either become compromised or rendered impotent and useless.

Infact at this point I won't mind an Atiku presidency if he will truly restructure the country to an extent because the way it is looking, Yorubas will never have enough clout to influence any major policy direction under an APC that is beholden to the cult of Buhari. Kole ever werk.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Amotekun: Atiku Indirectly Attacks Tinubu For His Silence by sapoyoro(m): 8:41pm On Jan 21, 2020
EcoBrick:

I think the reason why we cant use our strategic importance to our advantage, as you put it, is because currently the SW APC has been rendered weak and useless by the Buhari faction of the party. Shortly after winning election in 2015, Buhari and his loyalists set out to ensure that the SW wing would become factionalized via divide and conquere tactics, in order to weaken the region's ability to present a unified front. This they achieved by empowering certain disgruntled elements within the SW faction to confront the erstwhile political establishment.

This move was a fantastically strategic success in its execution because now the SW APC can no longer speak with one voice and the major actors view each other with suspicion. Tinubu, who was the erstwhile central go-to person in the SW, was the target of that assault and it succeeded. Buhari used divide and rule tactics to decimate and render the SW APC impotent and almost useless when it comes to asserting itself politically, sotay our people are willing to now settle for crumbs from Abuja. That is primarily why Buhari can make crazy and nepotistic appointments without giving a damn about a SW APC that is supposed to be its alliance partner.

By implication, the region can no longer speak with one voice politically. In fact, I reckon that the situation is so bad now that we would be better off in opposition because at least we showed more focus and united front while in opposition.

As for Tinubu's silence, to be honest with you I can't blame him. First rule of survival in politics is self-preservation, and in this regard Tinubu probably knows and understands Buhari's mind better than any other politician in Nigeria today. Tinubu has way too many enemies both within and outside Yorubaland and the APC/PDP, who are just waiting for him to confront Buhari so the latter can have a perfect excuse to decimate him.

Buhari has shown his willingness to be ruthless towards those he considers his foes (a la Sowore, Kanu, Dasuki et al), and if there's anyone that he would love an excuse to disgrace, it is none other than Tinubu. But being a veteran politician that has lived long enough to draw from the experiences of past Yoruba politicians (e.g, Awolowo, Akintola, etc) in their relations with the Northerners, I think Tinubu is currently being strategic in his utterances and conduct. Yorubas would say 'Okun o ki'n wo ruru k'a wa ruru'. Recall that at a point he was under watch by the DSS when the presidency felt he was plotting against their interests during Bubu's first tenure. I am sure he learned a lot from that experience.

If Tinubu heeds the call of those frenemies calling on him to be confrontational towards Buhari today, and then consequently the latter decides to move against him as a result (Abacha style), there is no doubt he will end up getting the MKO treatment.

My hope and prayer is that APC breaks up after Buhari's tenure so that another pro-SW party with clout emerges from its carcass that can champion the region's interests, because as it stands, all the major SW APC actors (including Tinubu) have either become compromised or rendered impotent and useless.

Infact at this point I won't mind an Atiku presidency if he will truly restructure the country to an extent because the way it is looking, Yorubas will never have enough clout to influence any major policy direction under an APC that is beholden to the cult of Buhari. Kole ever werk.
kudos,you put it just like I want to but can't.

1 Like

Re: Amotekun: Atiku Indirectly Attacks Tinubu For His Silence by Nobody: 8:46pm On Jan 21, 2020
Tinubu is a popular politician in Yorubaland. that's all. Whether he speaks for or against Amotekun doesn't really make much difference really.

He can choose to speak, or he can remain silent.

That's his plate of Gbegiri.

The six governors plus the Ooni of Ife representing royalty in Yorubaland were all present at the launching.

That's good enough for us.

Tinubu is a politician and will do only that which will benefit him.

Stop hounding him.

BTW, seems Atiku is planning to contest again o, this one that he is speaking these days...
Re: Amotekun: Atiku Indirectly Attacks Tinubu For His Silence by despi64(m): 10:16pm On Jan 21, 2020
efighter:

Ojukwu's ambition was worht more than htree million Igbos' lifes, even after sacrifizing three million of his brethren, he still achieved nothing.
Wetin concern me with Ojukwu? I tell you say i be Igbo?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Governor Akeredolu Commissions Very Risky Life Threatening Road In Ondo / Nigerian Soldiers Cause Massive Accident, Killing At Least 15 In Anambra / Davido "Liked" A Post By Daddy Freeze On Peter Obi Movement In Ibadan: Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 103
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.