Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,312 members, 7,780,750 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:14 PM

9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC (45717 Views)

Rivers Assembly: All 27 pro-Wike Lawmakers Defect To APC, Wave Flags / 6 APGA Lawmakers Defect To APC (Photo) / Okorocha’s Aides, Imo Lawmakers Defect To DPP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by odiks: 4:10pm On Jan 21, 2020
Nine lawmakers of the Imo state House of Assembly, have defected to the All Progressives Congress, APC, just as the Deputy speaker of the House, Okey Onyekanma, resigned his position.

Vanguard in Owerri, was at the House of Assembly to capture the defection drama, as more lawmakers are said to have prepared to move to APC, soonest.

The defection started around 15:30 pm when the Speaker of the House, read the letters of the decampees at the floor of the House.

Apart from the announcement of the defectors the speaker announced the screening of the Attorney General of Imo State, Cyprain Akaolisa, as appointed by the governor, Hope Uzodinma.

However, reasons of their defection was comprehensively caputued by Vanguard.

Details coming……
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.vanguardngr.com/2020/01/breaking-9-imo-lawmakers-defect-to-apc-for-uzodinma/amp/

11 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by odiks: 4:11pm On Jan 21, 2020
Nine lawmakers of the Imo State House of Assembly, on Tuesday, defected to the All Progressives Congress from Peoples Democratic Party, All Progressives Grand Alliance, and Action Action.

The lawmakers who defected are Authur Egwim (Ideato North) from AA to APC; Chyna Iwuanyanwu(Nwangele), PDP; Chidiebere Ogbunikpa(Okigwe), PDP; Obinna Okwara(Nkwerre), AA; and Paul Emeziem (Onuimo) also from PDP to APC.

Others are Ekene Nnodimele (Orsu) from APGA to APC, Johnson Duru (Ideato South), AA; Ngozi Obiefule (Isu) AA; and Heclus Okorocha (Ohaji/Egbema) from PDP to APC.

The speaker, Collins Chiji, read their letters of defection on Tuesday.

The plenary is currently ongoing.

Details later…

https://punchng.com/breaking-nine-imo-lawmakers-defect-to-apc/

14 Likes

Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by ojikeebere12: 4:12pm On Jan 21, 2020
Chai

The members who defected are:

1) Nwangele LGA: Chyna IWUANYANWU PDP - APC

2) Ideato North LGA. Innocent Egwim AA - APC

3) Okigwe LGA: Chidem EMELUMBA PDP - APC

4) Nkwerre LGA : Obinna Okwara AA - APC

5) Onuimo LGA : Paul Emeziem APGA - APC

6) Orsu LGA : Ekene Nnodumele - APGA - APC

7) Ideato South LGA: Duru Johnson is AA - APC

cool Isu LGA: SN Obiefule AA - APC

9) Ohaji-Egbema LGA: Herculus Okoro PDP - APC

Recall that the Deputy Speaker resigned his position immediately after the Speaker Hon. Chiji Collins defected from the Peoples Democratic Party to the All Progressive Congress

26 Likes 5 Shares

Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by noleflendum: 4:20pm On Jan 21, 2020
Another bad news to all our aggressive idiotic jobless brothers

139 Likes 14 Shares

Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by Cosmore9(m): 4:22pm On Jan 21, 2020
Unsurprisingly, this is how the game is played in my dear country.
The party of the incumbent governor determines who owns and controls the majority members of the parliament.

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by Slawormir: 4:23pm On Jan 21, 2020
Damnnnnn niggarrr

Bunch of cowards

Although politics is a game of self interest

But at times you need to show loyalty

As a real niggarrr.
I will go into politics one day. It seems politics is a very sweet game because i worked as inec ad-hoc staff (Apo 2) in presidential election 2019. The thing sweet me.

Barman give me more bottles of Heineken.

36 Likes

Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI(m): 4:23pm On Jan 21, 2020
The way Nigeria practice politics, Stalin and mao tsung will be shaking in their graves

44 Likes 4 Shares

Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by Dottore: 4:23pm On Jan 21, 2020
Game of interest. Only fools kill them selves with fanatical support for politicians

114 Likes 6 Shares

Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by ezebunafo(m): 4:24pm On Jan 21, 2020
Na normal thing now, what do you expect before? The realignment is necessary for the dividend of good governance in the state, if not na front and back go be the issue between the governor and the law makers

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by YungMillionaire: 4:24pm On Jan 21, 2020
shocked shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by DMerciful(m): 4:24pm On Jan 21, 2020
Nigeria is not a serious country!

39 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by DearDealz: 4:24pm On Jan 21, 2020
Ok

BINOCULARS For Sale! Need one? Click on the blue whstsapp link on my signature to chat with me on whatsapp me

Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by gen2briz(m): 4:24pm On Jan 21, 2020
Long overdue..make others do quick.. Nonsense people

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by contigiency(m): 4:25pm On Jan 21, 2020
So PDP big ogas are in Abuja protesting, while those they are protesting for in IMO state are decamping to APC. Will they ever change? I doubt.

115 Likes 7 Shares

Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by McKay12: 4:25pm On Jan 21, 2020
No matter which side of the divide you so belong, this is very bad for democracy. Governance in Nigeria now has been reduced to a total joke, whether APC or PDP, a very sad situation.

27 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by Dave0116(m): 4:25pm On Jan 21, 2020
;Day
Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by flimzy24: 4:25pm On Jan 21, 2020

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by anonymuz(m): 4:25pm On Jan 21, 2020
Same thing that happened in Ekiti state.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jan 21, 2020
Wow angry
Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by Goodcare(m): 4:26pm On Jan 21, 2020
Wentin happen again....
Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by k777(m): 4:26pm On Jan 21, 2020
Most Nigerians politicians are hustlers.

22 Likes

Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by Blue3k(m): 4:26pm On Jan 21, 2020
Can someone explain the benefit of decamping to me. I dont see why they should if they won their elections. They can always work with the governor even being in different parties. Any political gridlock should be minor depending on the issue. Shouldn't they be affraid when re-elections come up knowing they turned their backs on their constituents.

11 Likes

Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by DEROX: 4:26pm On Jan 21, 2020
Imo people it is finished for you

4 Likes

Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by Starhearts: 4:26pm On Jan 21, 2020
IPOB followers argue with ur keypad

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by chukxy44(m): 4:27pm On Jan 21, 2020
Lobatan

4 Likes

Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by Captainrambo2: 4:27pm On Jan 21, 2020
Wow. Politicians

2 Likes

Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by Waakanda: 4:27pm On Jan 21, 2020
Fear undecided ... of the unknown cool
Re: 9 Imo State Assembly Lawmakers Defect To APC by k2money(m): 4:27pm On Jan 21, 2020
Chai Nigeria politics.
2023 will sweet, because am seeing APC taking over East.

8 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

APC Retains Majority Seats In Senate So Far / 1962 Members Of Western House Parliament Jumped The Gate. (Picture) / Oduduwa Republic: Adeyinka Grandson Said He Will Destroy FG, See Reactions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.