Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,292 members, 7,807,987 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:36 AM

Fishermen Captures Giant Sea Turtle In Bayelsa - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Fishermen Captures Giant Sea Turtle In Bayelsa (588 Views)

Fishermen Catch Dolphin In Bayelsa Community (Photos) / Fishermen Pose With Giant Fish Caught In Gbaranama, Bayelsa (Photos) / Media Kingpin Slaughters Giant Sea Turtle For Food (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fishermen Captures Giant Sea Turtle In Bayelsa by snipesdam(m): 5:29pm On Jan 21, 2020
Fishermen of Foropa Community, in the Southern Ijaw Local Government Area of Bayelsa State, on Saturday caught a giant sea turtle.

The marine creature has been identified as a Leatherback Sea Turtle.

An indigene of Foropa community, Identified as Fawei Egbonkuma Young, confirmed the killing of the Sea Turtle.

Fawei speaking to Punchng.com correspondent, said, “Actually, it was caught yesterday (Saturday). It was caught with a net. It was struggling with the net when it was caught and brought to the shore.”

However, another resident of the community, Binaebi Oyeghe Mangrove Don, said the animal was butchered shortly after it was captured, adding that it was shared and eaten by the residents of the community.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/bayelsa-residents-capture-giant-sea-turtle/amp/

Re: Fishermen Captures Giant Sea Turtle In Bayelsa by snipesdam(m): 5:31pm On Jan 21, 2020
Modified

Please note that the 4th and 5th has been taken off as it isn't part of the real news. The 4th and 5th was part of a butchered turtle in 2018 at Lagos.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/punchng.com/bayelsa-residents-capture-giant-sea-turtle/amp/

1 Like

Re: Fishermen Captures Giant Sea Turtle In Bayelsa by Oche211(m): 5:34pm On Jan 21, 2020
Kai
Re: Fishermen Captures Giant Sea Turtle In Bayelsa by shilenji(m): 5:38pm On Jan 21, 2020
I knew it was going to be killed.
I didn't expect any less from poverty stricken freaks, that call themselves human beings
Re: Fishermen Captures Giant Sea Turtle In Bayelsa by Simplecity(m): 5:46pm On Jan 21, 2020
The forth pic just broke my heart

Re: Fishermen Captures Giant Sea Turtle In Bayelsa by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jan 21, 2020
OMG. i feel like crying

(1) (Reply)

A Quick And Tasty Recipe For Barbecued Chicken Kebab. / 10 Food Hacks You Never Knew - How To Cook Faster In Shortest Time ;D / Ponmo Ijebu, 25 Pieces For 1,000 Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.