Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,710 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:50 PM

Question For Husbands. - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Question For Husbands. (1425 Views)

Double Root Coffee For Husbands And Wives / 60% Of Married Women Don’t Love Their Husbands- Lady Says, See Response / Female Medical Doctor Advises Husbands To Marry Extra Wife. See Why (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Question For Husbands. by mimimile93: 5:48pm On Jan 21, 2020
Hello head of homes, hope your week is going as planned. Please I need you to answer this question with sincerity. Your wives are not on this forum. The more reason you should be truthful. Now tell me, 'WOULD YOU CHOOSE YOUR WIFE OVER YOUR FAMILY?' Assuming you are from a royal family like PRINCE HARRY.
Re: Question For Husbands. by Nobody: 6:00pm On Jan 21, 2020
Dead topic that has been over analysed over and over.

2 Likes

Re: Question For Husbands. by mimimile93: 6:50pm On Jan 21, 2020
virgoquin:
Dead topic that has been over analysed over and over.
I KNOW A HOE WOULD COME OUT HERE TO DEFEND HER KIND. GOD PUNISH EVERY WIFE WORLDWIDE
Re: Question For Husbands. by bukatyne(f): 7:11pm On Jan 21, 2020
mimimile93:
I KNOW A HOE WOULD COME OUT HERE TO DEFEND HER KIND. GOD PUNISH EVERY WIFE WORLDWIDE

Shows your actual intention. undecided

Would still give my opinion so that others would learn.

5 Likes

Re: Question For Husbands. by mimimile93: 7:19pm On Jan 21, 2020
To ur signature. What has chioma shows davido? Again, fvck every hoe in our life. Bukatyne
Re: Question For Husbands. by bukatyne(f): 7:21pm On Jan 21, 2020
mimimile93:
Hello head of homes, hope your week is going as planned. Please I need you to answer this question with sincerity. Your wives are not on this forum. The more reason you should be truthful. Now tell me, 'WOULD YOU CHOOSE YOUR WIFE OVER YOUR FAMILY?' Assuming you are from a royal family like PRINCE HARRY.

Now choosing a wife over the birth family is relative.

Ideally, a man leaves his birth family and cleaves with his wife to form a new family which is a branch of the family tree.

It therefore means the man MUST be willing to protect her from his family when necessary and she comes first because she is a part of him. This is her right.

Now to the wife's responsibility: when courting a man, she should access if she can fit into his life/family (for men who are defined by their families E. G. Royalty, Politicians, families with streamlined businesses etc.) before marrying him. She should access if their goals and visions align before saying 'I do.'

She cannot know that they/he has a stipulated way of life, marry him and decide to discard it. It does not work.

@Meghan & Harry: over flogged however it was Meghan vs the press and not her in-laws. Different scenario altogether.

A case of wife vs family would be PSquare (if we ever know the true story) and I am happy that Peter always chose to stick with his wire and kids. (I know what I feel doesn't matter grin tongue).

2 Likes

Re: Question For Husbands. by bukatyne(f): 7:22pm On Jan 21, 2020
mimimile93:
To ur signature. What has chioma shows davido? Again, fvck every hoe in our life. Bukatyne

If there are hoes in your life, you should check yourself.

You are what you attract and birds of same feather flock together.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question For Husbands. by yeyeosoronga: 8:28pm On Jan 21, 2020
mimimile93:

Ògún kee you dia.

May you feel the wrath of Ayélála.

5 Likes

Re: Question For Husbands. by Amotekun777: 9:16pm On Jan 21, 2020
mimimile93:

But isn't my wife also part of my family?

9 Likes

Re: Question For Husbands. by cococandy(f): 11:11pm On Jan 21, 2020
But the question is for the husbands grin
bukatyne:

Now choosing a wife over the birth family is relative.

Ideally, a man leaves his birth family and cleaves with his wife to form a new family which is a branch of the family tree.

It therefore means the man MUST be willing to protect her from his family when necessary and she comes first because she is a part of him. This is her right.

Now to the wife's responsibility: when courting a man, she should access if she can fit into his life/family (for men who are defined by their families E. G. Royalty, Politicians, families with streamlined businesses etc.) before marrying him. She should access if their goals and visions align before saying 'I do.'

She cannot know that they/he has a stipulated way of life, marry him and decide to discard it. It does not work.

@Meghan & Harry: over flogged however it was Meghan vs the press and not her in-laws. Different scenario altogether.

A case of wife vs family would be PSquare (if we ever know the true story) and I am happy that Peter always chose to stick with his wire and kids. (I know what I feel doesn't matter grin tongue).

2 Likes

Re: Question For Husbands. by LewsTherin: 5:52am On Jan 22, 2020
Bukatyne

I'm going to ignore the OP who started this thread for an opportunity to insult women (that he's not) and wives (that he obviously doesn't have).

I would have responded to you in that Harry and Meghan thread I started but it's all drowned in so many comments and responses it's ridiculous.

I seem to remember you saying Meghan is at fault for the strained relationship between Harry and the Queen et al. She should have conformed to the ways of the Royal Family.

Here, you say it was Meghan vs the press and not Meghan vs the Royals

I thoroughly disagree.

From what I see, Meghan was fully aware of the responsibilities of marrying a Royal, just like Kate. Meghan also seemed to want to bring the Royal family out of its stiff cultures, just like Kate. She probably felt she had greater leeway as her husband was so far off line to the throne that he had greater freedoms unlike Kate who knew her husband would one day be King. But she did pretty much the same things Kate did.

The press obviously gave her no lee way. Amd to think the press alone did this is wrong in my opinion. The press is a reflection of society eg Fox vs CNN in the US. The press also would lean in the direction they are pressured to by people of sufficient influence especially when a scandal has run its money generatin course eg the British press and Prince Andrew.

If the Royals had a different opinion from the press (like they so obviously do in Andy's case) they would have pressured the press into cutting Meghan some slack.

The Royals (generally maybe not specifically) had a negative attitude to Meghan because she was black, American and divorced very likely in that order. Meghan could feel it. Harry could see it. Harry did what any strong man would do - protect his wife and children FIRST.

Strength for a man is turning your back on the negativity of your extended family to protect the health of your immediate family, wife first, then children. You don't choose your extended family but you do choose your immediate family. Bringing a wife into a toxic environment and refusing to defend her is weak and wicked.

Where a man has a manipulative wife, well the person who brings a skunk into the house should be ready to clean up the skunk's mess. But he has to know it's a skunk and not just a black cat with a white stripe.

*Holla if you get the Pepe le Pew reference

Cc
Cococandy
Crackhaus

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Question For Husbands. by cococandy(f): 6:09am On Jan 22, 2020
LewsTherin:

I'm going to ignore the OP who started this thread for an opportunity to insult women (that he's not) and wives (that he obviously doesn't have).

I would have responded to you in that Harry and Meghan thread I started but it's all drowned in so many comments and responses it's ridiculous.

I seem to remember you saying Meghan is at fault for the strained relationship between Harry and the Queen et al. She should have conformed to the ways of the Royal Family.

Here, you say it was Meghan vs the press and not Meghan vs the Royals

I thoroughly disagree.

From what I see, Meghan was fully aware of the responsibilities of marrying a Royal, just like Kate. Meghan also seemed to want to bring the Royal family out of its stiff cultures, just like Kate. She probably felt she had greater leeway as her husband was so far off line to the throne that he had greater freedoms unlike Kate who knew her husband would one day be King. But she did pretty much the same things Kate did.

The press obviously gave her no lee way. Amd to think the press alone did this is wrong in my opinion. The press is a reflection of society eg Fox vs CNN in the US. The press also would lean in the direction they are pressured to by people of sufficient influence especially when a scandal has run its money generatin course eg the British press and Prince Andrew.

If the Royals had a different opinion from the press (like they so obviously do in Andy's case) they would have pressured the press into cutting Meghan some slack.

The Royals (generally maybe not specifically) had a negative attitude to Meghan because she was black, American and divorced very likely in that order. Meghan could feel it. Harry could see it. Harry did what any strong man would do - protect his wife and children FIRST.

Strength for a man is turning your back on the negativity of your extended family to protect the health of your immediate family, wife first, then children. You don't choose your extended family but you do choose your immediate family. Bringing a wife into a toxic environment and refusing to defend her is weak and wicked.

Where a man has a manipulative wife, well the person who brings a skunk into the house should be ready to clean up the skunk's mess. But he has to know it's a skunk and not just a black cat with a white stripe.

*Holla if you get the Pepe le Pew reference
kiss kiss kiss kiss
Re: Question For Husbands. by crackkhaus: 11:04am On Jan 22, 2020
LewsTherin

There are two things to be dealt with separately in this quote.

1. That you think the behavior of the press is wrong, brings to light a bias on your part.
Here's why: The press is the same everywhere, the freedom they have to disperse information and have opinions is a fundamental right in most countries. That you also believe the royal family should have put pressure on the press (actually, what you mean is censor the press) is also another bias on your part.

If you were truly coming from a place without bias, you would understand that the Nigerian press is not fair on our President either. Even on NL, you know the kind of names he is called and it's the same with most news outlets. One popular one even decided to start calling him GMB instead of PMB. Donald Trump faces the same bombardment from his own press, Emmanuel Macron the same thing, Angel Merkel also gets her own due from press.
In any of these situations, I don't think you would be in support of attempts by the government to "pressure" (censor) the press, probably because you believe these presidents might deserve what they're getting...and there is the confirmation of that bias.

If you're being honest, no human with feelings deserves to be trolled non-stop. And as much as you expected the royal family to censor, pressure, control (it's wordplay) the British press, this would be a violation of the press' freedom just as it is in Nigeria (social media bill), in the US, and anywhere else with a democracy in place.

2. You suggest the royal family itself has a negative attitude towards Meghan. Well that is speculation, there's no proof of this.
If you had a hard time believing the British press who made public their dislike for Meghan due to certain things she is/does, then I don't see how you can speculate on anything about the royal family's private feelings towards her when it is not public information. Your basis that they did not come to her defense as the reason for this presumption, I already talked about in 1 above.

You should also understand that the British monarchy always tries hard to be on the same page as the people they serve. I guess you know the reason for this.
On things they won't agree on, they almost always keep mute and just let it all fizzle out.

Regarding the topic itself, protecting a wife from all negativity is a good move but like Bukatyne noted and she's right, it really was Meghan vs. The press, NOT Meghan vs. The royal family. If you lean towards the latter, it would be speculation and nothing else (something worthy of a Daily Mail headline).

There surely would have been better ways to handle the press without cutting off from the titles and cultural pedigree it brings...which is really where the outrage is coming from and why Meghan again became the devil in the middle.
What it looks like now is someone who not only tried to get away from the press, but also cut away from the heritage bestowed on him by birth. But who are we kidding, do we really think the press will stop just because they moved to Canada? cheesy We shall see.

The whole new situation including the relocation now focuses more attention on them, because people will want to know exactly how they are faring. I won't be surprised when paparazzi starts scaling that expensive fence in that expensive neighbourhood they chose to live in, just to get new photos to troll Meghan with.. grin
The press is fed primarily by the internet and the internet is even in Antarctica - Meghan will continue reading her matters in British tabloids for a very long time even if she moves to the north pole. Well, maybe unless they purchase a private island like Johnny Depp did...only then will they be sure that no one will give a paid interview to a reporter on how they saw Meghan at a fish market wearing snow boots in summer weather, lol.

In poker, they call this a 'bad hand'. She does not know how to play the game.

3 Likes

Re: Question For Husbands. by Gift7428: 11:53am On Jan 22, 2020
Including your mother.

Please stay away from topics as these.
You definitely lack every knowledge attached to it.

mimimile93:

1 Like

Re: Question For Husbands. by omoharry(f): 1:24pm On Jan 22, 2020
No good wife should have to put her husband in a situation to where he is to choose between her and is his Family.That is a big no no.The best option is to resolve the issue in a diplomatic way where both parties can be appeased. The man came from the Family and that is where he belong until his demise so is his commitment and devotion to his wife and children (if they do not get divorce ) till death do them part.So both parties cannot be selected over the other.my own coin.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question For Husbands. by ImaIma1(f): 3:20pm On Jan 22, 2020
mimimile93:

Really? God punish every wife worldwide? Really?
Re: Question For Husbands. by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jan 22, 2020
I am probably the only one who feels that any one who say they are black to whatever degree (and this blackness originating from Africa) ? Has/had absolutely no business marrying into the British or indeed any other European royal family? (Forgive the surely bad English structure)
I mean, considering everything embarassed

That for me is the main racial issue- how could Meghan marry into that family? Is it that she is ignorant where it truly matters or that love really took over her knowledge of history?
Either way, that’s the only reason I never bought into the unholy dalliance as far as I am concerned

Back to the issue now...I would never argue about her supposed feud with their royal family cos everything is speculation and not fact. Until I get more details? It’s to just look on with mild, bored interest (I would ignore the whole stuff, but it is and will be everywhere sadly or comically!)

There is a part of me that feels some empathy for Meghan and hopes she proves the judging world ( and me) wrong by having that eternal romance with Harry. I sincerely doubt this though, but would love to be wrong about it
If she had fallen in love with Harry and declared that she would keep being with him but would never marry him considering all the history and slavery and colonialism? I would be her biggest defender. Alas.....

My main grouse is that a black person would marry into the British royal household at all
It is such a self- erasing/hating thing to do in my books. I have to say that I would love to be set right on this stance which in fact is my only true opinion about the issue. I have had it from the time they told the world they were dating sef. I know I could be wrong about it though, so there.
(my phone keeps capitalizing the royal “r” and I won’t let it! tongue)

Sorry!
Continue the arguments!!
Bye!!!
Re: Question For Husbands. by Nobody: 3:42pm On Jan 22, 2020
I am sure they have many redeeming qualities
But Harry may be rather too irresponsible and wimpy ...Meghan may be rather too selfish and difficult. I maybe worse so this is not my primary grouse

Meanwhile the British Press had it for Meghan from the get go (this is unarguable)
It is annoying that nothing is known about the royal family’s true going ons. Harry and William once besties now enemies- we dunno
The wives hate themselves - we dunno
Harry’s grandmother really feels bla bla bla and as such has resolved to do bla bla bla- we dunno
Once again, giving the voyeuristic “peasant public” crumbs to feed on. Speculating is just too demeaning
angry
Re: Question For Husbands. by crackkhaus: 4:54pm On Jan 22, 2020
merahki:
I am sure they have many redeeming qualities
But Harry may be rather too irresponsible and wimpy ...Meghan may be rather too selfish and difficult. I maybe worse so this is not my primary grouse

Meanwhile the British Press had it for Meghan from the get go (this is unarguable)
It is annoying that nothing is known about the royal family’s true going ons. Harry and William once besties now enemies- we dunno
The wives hate themselves - we dunno
Harry’s grandmother really feels bla bla bla and as such has resolved to do bla bla bla- we dunno
Once again, giving the voyeuristic “peasant public” crumbs to feed on. Speculating is just too demeaning
angry
cheesy

1 Like

Re: Question For Husbands. by Nobody: 5:05pm On Jan 22, 2020
mimimile93:

Give up royalty and a lifetime of ease for a woman!!! When I'm not insane.

Wimp Harry (no longer Prince) has messed up big time.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Question For Husbands. by Omar09(m): 6:36pm On Jan 22, 2020
RisenPhoenix:

Give up royalty and a lifetime of ease for a woman!!! When I'm not insane.
Wimp Harry (no longer Prince) has messed up big time.

People don't know what they got till they loose it. Time will tell.

3 Likes

Re: Question For Husbands. by Nobody: 6:59pm On Jan 22, 2020

1 Like

Re: Question For Husbands. by LewsTherin: 8:43pm On Jan 22, 2020
crackkhaus:
LewsTherin

There are two things to be dealt with separately in this quote.

1. That you think the behavior of the press is wrong, brings to light a bias on your part.
Here's why: The press is the same everywhere, the freedom they have to disperse information and have opinions is a fundamental right in most countries. That you also believe the royal family should have put ...

You misunderstood me here. I said to think the press did it alone is wrong. Meaning the press didn't treat Meghan that way alone. The press was a larger reflection of the part of society that make up their constituents. That's why I brought up the example of CNN vs Fox. I didn't call the press wrong. I called the thinking that the press' opinions were theirs alone is wrong.

I'm tired. Lagos traffic was killer today. I'll respond to the rest when I get some energy back!
Re: Question For Husbands. by crackkhaus: 9:17pm On Jan 22, 2020
LewsTherin:

You misunderstood me here. I said to think the press did it alone is wrong. Meaning the press didn't treat Meghan that way alone. The press was a larger reflection of the part of society that make up their constituents. That's why I brought up the example of CNN vs Fox. I didn't call the press wrong. I called the thinking that the press' opinions were theirs alone is wrong.

I'm tired. Lagos traffic was killer today. I'll respond to the rest when I get some energy back!
Of course it's not theirs alone, I never thought it was. Their reports and opinions are a reflection of a cross-section of the British people...certainly NOT the royal family, which is the angle you were coming from.

Lol @traffic. I can understand, you need the rest.

(1) (Reply)

How Can Make My Parent Understand My Situation. / BREAKING NEWS:  Autopsy Result Of Late Gospel Singer  Osinachi Nwachukwu Release / Husband Stop Having Sex With Madam When She Is Not Happy With You .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.