Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,843 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:43 AM

Lagos Govt Debunks List Of Restricted Routes For Keke Marwa And Okadas - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Lagos Govt Debunks List Of Restricted Routes For Keke Marwa And Okadas (20169 Views)

FG Debunks List Of National Honours Nominees / FESTAC, Lekki, Surulere, Ikeja: Labour Party List Routes For Rallies / Laolu Akande Debunks List Of Sacked Osibanjo's Aides (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Lagos Govt Debunks List Of Restricted Routes For Keke Marwa And Okadas by Lanrelagboi: 8:32pm On Jan 21, 2020
The Lagos State Government has not taken a definite action on the operations of commercial motorcycles (Okada) and tricycles, popularly known as Keke Marwa on some routes across the State.

A statement signed by Gbenga Omotoso, Commissioner for Information and Strategy and made available to OpenLife says contrary to the news in circulation on the list of restricted areas, especially on the social media, purporting that the government has banned Okada and Keke Marwa on some routes, the government declared that no such action has been taken, adding that the list is false and unofficial. It should be disregarded.

According to the state government, a definite position on the issue will soon be made public through the official media channels of the government.

Commissioner for Information and Strategy, Mr. Gbenga Omotoso last week told State House Correspondents after the Security Council Meeting held at the Lagos House, Ikeja on January 13 that the delay was informed by need for the Babajide Sanwo-Olu administration to achieve a generally accepted solution to what has been termed the okada menace.

He said: “We have just concluded our routine security meeting, during which the issue of Okada and tricycles was discussed exhaustively. For now, no major decision has been taken on the matter. There are several factors for this development, but the main reason was to reckon with various opinions expressed by stakeholders.

“So many people have made representations to the Government concerning commercial motorcycles and tricycles, including human rights groups, unionists and traders. They came up with many reasonable observations; all their views have been collated and are being considered.

“We feel it will not be good enough for the Government to take a final decision on the matter without considering the opinions of the stakeholders. That would be against the spirit of democracy for which the Sanwo-Olu administration stands.”

Omotoso said whatever decision is taken by the government, the security of lives of all Lagosians will remain paramount to the Sanwo-Olu administration.

The commissioner however, stressed the government’s plan to step up the enforcement of the Lagos State Traffic Law as well as intensify its sensitisation of commercial motorcycles and tricycle riders on the need to obey the law.
https://openlife.ng/lagos-govt-debunks-list-of-restricted-routes-for-keke-marwa-and-okadas/?fbclid=IwAR0I5bVmLIMgQ3sWLsFuxXJtoCM-QnEi6zuFGOT6qTksjak6OOP961XlwqM

Re: Lagos Govt Debunks List Of Restricted Routes For Keke Marwa And Okadas by Simplyleo: 8:37pm On Jan 21, 2020
I'm sure that news of restricted roads was cooked and announced by some economic migrants who now own 98% of Lagos, Abuja, amelica, Germany and many more. angry

They will sit down in their huts, concoct some stories, announce it on social media in the name of one gov authority. When the authority comes out to debunk the lies, same clowns call it denials. So I should just accept a report credited to me even though I know nothing about it because some foolish economic migrants are wandering everwhere?

18 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Govt Debunks List Of Restricted Routes For Keke Marwa And Okadas by Nobody: 8:37pm On Jan 21, 2020
Lol
Fear fear
Re: Lagos Govt Debunks List Of Restricted Routes For Keke Marwa And Okadas by okomile(f): 8:38pm On Jan 21, 2020
The heat is on!

Denials all d way grin

Eko o ni ba'je oooo

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Govt Debunks List Of Restricted Routes For Keke Marwa And Okadas by ngadaAwo: 8:41pm On Jan 21, 2020
Simplyleo:
I'm sure that news of restricted roads was cooked and announced by some economic migrants who now own 98% of Lagos, Abuja, amelica, Germany and many more. angry
shut up.
Stale crap

48 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos Govt Debunks List Of Restricted Routes For Keke Marwa And Okadas by mytime24(f): 8:43pm On Jan 21, 2020
V
Re: Lagos Govt Debunks List Of Restricted Routes For Keke Marwa And Okadas by Muyiwaipere(m): 8:43pm On Jan 21, 2020
As per kinni?
Re: Lagos Govt Debunks List Of Restricted Routes For Keke Marwa And Okadas by Nobody: 8:43pm On Jan 21, 2020
Issokay
Re: Lagos Govt Debunks List Of Restricted Routes For Keke Marwa And Okadas by Apprentice360: 8:44pm On Jan 21, 2020
The Law of Lagos are made to change everyday.... I wouldn't be surprised if they come out to debunk this news tomorrow
Re: Lagos Govt Debunks List Of Restricted Routes For Keke Marwa And Okadas by Simplyleo: 8:45pm On Jan 21, 2020
ngadaAwo:
shut up.
Stale crap
This one will just be switching monikers quoting everyone up and down, sweating thinking he is doing something, when others freely make their comments with their free time. Continue working round the clock doing nothing.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Govt Debunks List Of Restricted Routes For Keke Marwa And Okadas by thundafire: 8:45pm On Jan 21, 2020
Nigeria is as confused as dey people living in it were dey blind to come out and debunk dey news dey 1st tym it was aired

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt Debunks List Of Restricted Routes For Keke Marwa And Okadas by Zico5(m): 8:45pm On Jan 21, 2020
Nigeria is the major arena for fake news. One blogger will just sit down for one corner writing rubbish up and down. Too bad for the so called giant of Africa
Re: Lagos Govt Debunks List Of Restricted Routes For Keke Marwa And Okadas by SultanOfPuna: 8:46pm On Jan 21, 2020
Simplyleo:
Yes my boy
And don't forget
Yoruba Chicks Treat Igbos Guys Like Kings Too

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Govt Debunks List Of Restricted Routes For Keke Marwa And Okadas by Jh0wsef(m): 8:46pm On Jan 21, 2020
Hm..
Re: Lagos Govt Debunks List Of Restricted Routes For Keke Marwa And Okadas by Sayfact: 8:47pm On Jan 21, 2020
Mod on Politics section really Bleep up, why will he be pushing fake thread to front page, I mean the Photoshop Billboard of Hope exposing PDP votes in Imo
topic created by APC ass licker, Ngekwenu

I can see that mod has deleted the topic

1 Like

Re: Lagos Govt Debunks List Of Restricted Routes For Keke Marwa And Okadas by NtumagburuEleph: 8:48pm On Jan 21, 2020
That's how they will be setting confusion at last the poor masses will still be extorted from their end's meet undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Lagos Govt Debunks List Of Restricted Routes For Keke Marwa And Okadas by Neurotika: 8:49pm On Jan 21, 2020
You changed your mind simple. Channels, Vanguard, The Nation and the likes can't all be wrong in their reportage at the same time.

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Govt Debunks List Of Restricted Routes For Keke Marwa And Okadas by Mopolchi: 8:49pm On Jan 21, 2020
Na yeye gutter man Joe Igbokwe draw the list for him Facebook page.
Re: Lagos Govt Debunks List Of Restricted Routes For Keke Marwa And Okadas by englishmart(m): 8:50pm On Jan 21, 2020
They are just debunking the truth

2 Likes

Re: Lagos Govt Debunks List Of Restricted Routes For Keke Marwa And Okadas by Maxymilliano(m): 8:50pm On Jan 21, 2020
Joe Igbokwe was the originator of the initial post on restricted routes

3 Likes

Re: Lagos Govt Debunks List Of Restricted Routes For Keke Marwa And Okadas by Roon9(m): 8:52pm On Jan 21, 2020
Nawa! Nairaland mod trying to explain to oga Shege after pushing the first unverified post to fp

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Govt Debunks List Of Restricted Routes For Keke Marwa And Okadas by noblealuu: 8:52pm On Jan 21, 2020
How about sign posts strategically placed in some areas at Surulere? I saw some this morning.

6 Likes

Re: Lagos Govt Debunks List Of Restricted Routes For Keke Marwa And Okadas by Simplyleo: 8:53pm On Jan 21, 2020
SultanOfPuna:

Yes my boy
And don't forget
Yoruba Chicks Treat Igbos Guys Like Kings Too

You know where you discuss such matters, and you haven't seen me there before. So locate any of your members and continue your discussions. Thanks.
Re: Lagos Govt Debunks List Of Restricted Routes For Keke Marwa And Okadas by jimyjames(m): 8:54pm On Jan 21, 2020
Shut up afonja
The news was straight from Ibadan express

Simplyleo:

They will sit down in their huts, concoct some stories, announce it on social media in the name of one gov authority. When the authority comes out to debunk the lies, same clowns call it denials. So I should just accept a report credited to me even though I know nothing about it because some foolish economic migrants are wandering everwhere?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos Govt Debunks List Of Restricted Routes For Keke Marwa And Okadas by olax02(m): 8:54pm On Jan 21, 2020
Who are the major owners of those okadas on highways are they not the one. Its impossible to bite the hand that feed you...nija politics..
Re: Lagos Govt Debunks List Of Restricted Routes For Keke Marwa And Okadas by noblealuu: 8:56pm On Jan 21, 2020
Simplyleo:

Shatap there... How does the ban affect them economically? Don't act like a fool on public forum.

This is 2020.

I witnessed the crackdown on bikes last week all the way from Ikoyi to Mushin. Hundreds of bikes were impounded by the task force. We were driving home from work. So, I saw everything firsthand.

4 Likes

Re: Lagos Govt Debunks List Of Restricted Routes For Keke Marwa And Okadas by Donaldoni: 8:56pm On Jan 21, 2020
Keke & Okada are not in the same category and can't have the same restrictions.

Okada restrictions are already known and sealed by law.
Re: Lagos Govt Debunks List Of Restricted Routes For Keke Marwa And Okadas by Humphrizy(m): 8:56pm On Jan 21, 2020
Ok

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hushpuppi: Malami Denies Exonerating DCP Kyari Over Money Laundering Allegations / Ganduje Asks Muslims To Vote For Oyetola / Photos From The Light-up Anambra In Celebration Of ANAMBRA@25

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.