Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,079 members, 7,807,228 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:19 AM

Should I Quit Or Stay Unhappy Doing The Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Should I Quit Or Stay Unhappy Doing The Job (2695 Views)

Should I Quit My 120k Teaching Job In A Private School For Government Teaching J / Is It Better To Quit Or Continue With This Job? / Should I Go Back To Abuja Or Stay Back In Lokoja? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Should I Quit Or Stay Unhappy Doing The Job by boyka24: 4:05am On Jan 22, 2020
hello nairalanders, I am a young man in my late twenties and am currently working as a secondary school teacher in one remote part of akoko in ondo state..I am at crossroad right now as I intend to resign this month ending owing to the stress of the work and the distance away from my family(was born and bred in Lagos) but I do not have any offer right now at lag.. would it be wise of me to quit my 40k per month job in search of greener pastures at Lagos.
Re: Should I Quit Or Stay Unhappy Doing The Job by bluediesel03: 4:51am On Jan 22, 2020
It all depend on you.Your decision may either make you or mar you.The best advice can only comes from you because no one knows circumstances surrounding you.I believe you have come of age,so sit down and analyse your life journey and the best decision will flow naturally without much stress.I have come to understand that one cannot properly administer advice to one because the advisor may not know the real story why the "advicee" is seeking for advice.peace

16 Likes

Re: Should I Quit Or Stay Unhappy Doing The Job by yomi007k(m): 5:56am On Jan 22, 2020
bluediesel03:
It all depend on you.Your decision may either make you or mar you.The best advice can only comes from you because no one knows circumstances surrounding you.I believe you have come of age,so sit down and analyse your life journey and the best decision will flow naturally without much stress.I have come to understand that one cannot properly administer advice to one because the advisor may not know the real story why the "advicee" is seeking for advice.peace
No be lie.
Re: Should I Quit Or Stay Unhappy Doing The Job by boyka24: 6:06am On Jan 22, 2020
bluediesel03:
Thank u sir for the input, but in all honesty have tried that method but all to no avail
Re: Should I Quit Or Stay Unhappy Doing The Job by Yustash001(m): 6:10am On Jan 22, 2020
If it's a government job I'll advice you give it second thought because government job is very hard to get....and considering some other advantages attached

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit Or Stay Unhappy Doing The Job by boyka24: 6:13am On Jan 22, 2020
Yustash001:
If it's a government job I'll advice you give it second thought because government job is very hard to get....and considering some other advantages attached
would have been better if it was, but it's a private work
Re: Should I Quit Or Stay Unhappy Doing The Job by yanabasee(m): 6:16am On Jan 22, 2020
There are many jobs out there..... People resign every day... People get promotion every day.

If you feel uncomfortable with a particular job and you want to switch.... State out your plans and your duration of search. Work towards it. Be free and happy. Don't tie your self up because of stress of work.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit Or Stay Unhappy Doing The Job by lonelydora: 7:41am On Jan 22, 2020
boyka24:
hello nairalanders, I am a young man in my late twenties and am currently working as a secondary school teacher in one remote part of akoko in ondo state..I am at crossroad right now as I intend to resign this month ending owing to the stress of the work and the distance away from my family(was born and bred in Lagos) but I do not have any offer right now at lag.. would it be wise of me to quit my 40k per month job in search of greener pastures at Lagos.

Watch monkeys very well, they always grab the next tree branch before leaving the one they are holding. That's why we say monkeys are smart!

Enough said, use your tongue and count your teeth.

16 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Should I Quit Or Stay Unhappy Doing The Job by Nobody: 8:30am On Jan 22, 2020
I believe you have gathered enough to search for greener pastures in Lagos?

This is the best way to go about it.

While you keep enduring the job at hand, prepare a CV that suits your discipline join many job platforms that are in circulation on WhatsApp, telegram and other platforms. Apply to jobs while you still maintain your current job. If you are invited, seek permission from your boss and attend the interview, get the job, resign from your current job, resume to your new job. Gbam! You will ask for my account details and wire some dollars into it.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit Or Stay Unhappy Doing The Job by Adam00(m): 8:44am On Jan 22, 2020
Op my advice is that don't quit your job yet. Save up some money to start a side hustle i.e mini importation, or any small business you have in mind. after that you can quit the job and search for another one while you're running your own small business to pay the bills. I think it is better that way

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit Or Stay Unhappy Doing The Job by Gbengageorge: 10:11am On Jan 22, 2020
We are in the same shoe but different location.
To all of us wishing to change our jobs, I pray the blessings of the Lord locate us with highest possible velocity. Amen

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit Or Stay Unhappy Doing The Job by boyka24: 10:16am On Jan 22, 2020
[quote author=Adam00 post=86007190]Op my advice is that don't quit your job yet. Save up some money to start a side hustle i.e mini importation, or any small business you have in mind. after that you can quit the job and search for another one while you're running your own small business to pay the bills. I think it is better that way[/quote
thanks but

which one would u recommend I delve into?
Re: Should I Quit Or Stay Unhappy Doing The Job by captainking(m): 10:17am On Jan 22, 2020
lonelydora:

Watch monkeys very well, they always grab the next tree branch before leaving the one they are holding. That's why we say monkeys are smart!

Op...take this advice.. If you understand it..

3 Likes

Re: Should I Quit Or Stay Unhappy Doing The Job by boyka24: 10:17am On Jan 22, 2020
2kaybiel:
I believe you have gathered enough to search for greener pastures in Lagos?

This is the best way to go about it.

While you keep enduring the job at hand, prepare a CV that suits your discipline join many job platforms that are in circulation on WhatsApp, telegram and other platforms. Apply to jobs while you still maintain your current job. If you are invited, seek permission from your boss and attend the interview, get the job, resign from your current job, resume to your new job. Gbam! You will ask for my account details and wire some dollars into it.

will keep that glued to mind...thanks
Re: Should I Quit Or Stay Unhappy Doing The Job by dake40(m): 10:39am On Jan 22, 2020

would it be wise of me to quit my 40k per month job in search of greener pastures at Lagos?

Dont leave your current job until you are sure of another Rebound Job.

1 Like

Re: Should I Quit Or Stay Unhappy Doing The Job by fkj950ax(m): 11:03am On Jan 22, 2020
N40,000 in Akoko, Ondo State is about N75,000 in Lagos State when you factor living expenses.
You were born and bred in Lagos, which means you have ties and roots in Lagos. Relocating to Lagos gives you a support system to stay on for 3-5months. You can get something doing in 3-5months that will fetch you a living.
You left your qualification and all out of your post.
I have a church member who bought a Tokunbo Car while in Lagos, and his brother working in Ibadan bought a brand new car. Living expenses allowed him to save a lot compared to brother in Lagos.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Should I Quit Or Stay Unhappy Doing The Job by djoe21(m): 11:09am On Jan 22, 2020
lonelydora:

Not always.

2 Likes

Re: Should I Quit Or Stay Unhappy Doing The Job by Oluwatosinbode(f): 8:19pm On Jan 22, 2020
Your course of study, if you don't mind teaching job in lagos
Re: Should I Quit Or Stay Unhappy Doing The Job by sofiscatedmoron: 11:37pm On Jan 22, 2020
Adam00:
Op my advice is that don't quit your job yet. Save up some money to start a side hustle i.e mini importation, or any small business you have in mind. after that you can quit the job and search for another one while you're running your own small business to pay the bills. I think it is better that way
op dont listen to this man
Re: Should I Quit Or Stay Unhappy Doing The Job by Kendumazy(m): 12:25am On Jan 23, 2020
The worst thing that can happen to a man is doing a job and being unhappy in it. Just try and look for a way or start thinking of how to make yourself happy in whatever you are doing and in the course of that, one of the best decisions will come.
Re: Should I Quit Or Stay Unhappy Doing The Job by Toby122(m): 5:17am On Jan 23, 2020
Bro, we are in same shoes, is really tiring, maintaining a 30k teaching job in Aba, though I want to move to PortHarcourt by march, yet to figure out how to start life there.
Re: Should I Quit Or Stay Unhappy Doing The Job by iamclime(m): 10:19am On Jan 23, 2020
Where in Akoko are you? Ikare? Akungba? Oba? Isua? Ugbe? Oka? etc.
Guy, a 40k job in Akoko would be almost equivalent to an 80k+ job in Lagos, as per cost of living. Job satisfaction is another factor to consider though.
Please I have guys who may be interested in the Akoko job, in case you want to take a walk.
Re: Should I Quit Or Stay Unhappy Doing The Job by inspector1(m): 11:49am On Jan 23, 2020
Stay and enjoy your job... Try not to focus on the aspect of stress and other problem attach to it. If any one promise to assist you with an offer, pls my brother don't quit ur job until u have received the appointment letter. There is no job in Nigeria at large except if ur family has serious connection within the country.

(1) (Reply)

I Got Uba And First Bank Jobs / Are You Looking For A Job Or Know Someone In Need Of A Job? / Ecobank Nigeria Limited Fresh Graduate Recruitment 2017

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.