Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,869 members, 7,806,477 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 05:05 PM

President Trump On U.s.troop Injuries In Iran: 'I Heard They Had Headaches' - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / President Trump On U.s.troop Injuries In Iran: 'I Heard They Had Headaches' (1072 Views)

See Explosive Response CNN Gave Trump On Twitter. / Donald Trump Bans Diego Maradona From Entering US "For Insulting Trump On TV" / Thousands Of Women March Against Trump On His One Year Anniversary (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

President Trump On U.s.troop Injuries In Iran: 'I Heard They Had Headaches' by madridguy(m): 6:26pm On Jan 22, 2020
WASHINGTON (AP) — President Donald Trump on Wednesday minimized the severity of head injuries sustained by U.S. troops during the Iranian missile strikes on two Iraqi air bases as he was pressed on why he'd claimed no troops had been injured in the attacks.

“I heard they had headaches and a couple of other things ... and I can report it is not very serious,” Trump said at a press conference in Davos, Switzerland, arguing that potential traumatic brain injuries are less severe than, say, missing limbs.

“No, I don't consider them very serious injuries relative to other injuries that I've seen,” the Republican president said. “I've seen what Iran has done with their roadside bombs to our troops. I've seen people with no legs and with no arms. I've seen people that were horribly, horribly injured in that area, that war."

“No, I do not consider that to be bad injuries, no,” he added.

Trump has repeatedly claimed that no Americans were harmed in the Iranian missile strikes on Jan. 8, which came in retaliation for a U.S. drone strike that killed Qassem Soleimani, Iran's most powerful military general.

The question of American casualties was especially significant at the time because Trump cited the fact that no Americans were killed or inured as driving his decision not to retaliate further and risk a broader war with Iran.

But in the days following the attack, medical screening determined that some of the U.S. troops who took cover during the attack were suffering from concussion-like symptoms. Last week, 11 U.S. service members were flown from Iraq to U.S. medical facilities in Germany and Kuwait for further evaluation of concussion-like symptoms.

And U.S. defense officials said Tuesday that additional U.S. troops had been flown out of Iraq for closer evaluation of potential concussion injuries. The number of troops flown to Germany was not immediately clear, but officials said it was a small number.

Trump told reporters he was informed of the concussion issue “numerous days” after the attack.

https://www.aol.com/article/news/2020/01/22/trump-minimizes-severity-of-head-injuries-in-iran-attacks/23906525/
Re: President Trump On U.s.troop Injuries In Iran: 'I Heard They Had Headaches' by DavidEsq(m): 6:29pm On Jan 22, 2020
This man dey jonz, ah swear grin
Re: President Trump On U.s.troop Injuries In Iran: 'I Heard They Had Headaches' by Bluntguy: 6:32pm On Jan 22, 2020
Sharp guy! He has achieved his aim which is just to take out Soleimani and shake Iran a little bit and then continue with the economic sanctions. I don't know why, but I still admire the old man.

2 Likes

Re: President Trump On U.s.troop Injuries In Iran: 'I Heard They Had Headaches' by Thegeneralqueen(f): 6:37pm On Jan 22, 2020
Trump will make it big if he consider taking comedy as a career cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Trump On U.s.troop Injuries In Iran: 'I Heard They Had Headaches' by timesup234: 6:38pm On Jan 22, 2020
Trump the great liar. Over 80 American McDonald overfed soldiers were slaughtered like chickens in the Iranian ballistic missiles strike. Trump go and secretly bury your dead soldiers...you have been disgraced!

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/01/21/politics/more-us-service-members-injured-iran-strike/index.html

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Trump On U.s.troop Injuries In Iran: 'I Heard They Had Headaches' by timesup234: 6:43pm On Jan 22, 2020
Thegeneralqueen:
Trump will make it big if he takes comedy as his career cheesy cheesy cheesy
a year from now we will hear that over 100 killed and 200 injured. Trump is a clown

1 Like 1 Share

Re: President Trump On U.s.troop Injuries In Iran: 'I Heard They Had Headaches' by Thegeneralqueen(f): 6:45pm On Jan 22, 2020
timesup234:
a year from now we will over 100 killed and 200 injured. Trump is a clown
Trump is the best President ever
Re: President Trump On U.s.troop Injuries In Iran: 'I Heard They Had Headaches' by kernniejay(m): 7:27pm On Jan 22, 2020
What if US eventually lose personnel from what Trump termed "not very serious injuries" ? If the missile strikes from Iran can cause this sickness among US soldiers, it is possible soldiers may later die from this, which will mean that US has lost more people than Iran.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Trump On U.s.troop Injuries In Iran: 'I Heard They Had Headaches' by Thazard(m): 7:44pm On Jan 22, 2020
Thegeneralqueen:
Trump will make it big if he consider taking comedy as a career cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: President Trump On U.s.troop Injuries In Iran: 'I Heard They Had Headaches' by timesup234: 8:02pm On Jan 22, 2020
Thegeneralqueen:
Trump is the best President ever
Nah Iran called his bluff. He is a coward!

1 Like

Re: President Trump On U.s.troop Injuries In Iran: 'I Heard They Had Headaches' by CTPlayer: 8:10pm On Jan 22, 2020
timesup234:
Trump the great liar. Over 80 American McDonald overfeed soldiers were slaughtered like chickens in the Iranian ballistic missiles strike. Trump go and secretly bury your dead soldiers...you have been disgraced!

https://edition.cnn.com/2020/01/21/politics/more-us-service-members-injured-iran-strike/index.html

No American soldiers were killed during that strike. Where are you getting this info from?
Re: President Trump On U.s.troop Injuries In Iran: 'I Heard They Had Headaches' by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jan 22, 2020
kernniejay:
What if US eventually lose personnel from what Trump termed "not very serious injuries" ? If the missile strikes from Iran can cause this sickness among US soldiers, it is possible soldiers may later die from this, which will mean that US has lost more people than Iran.

Don't mind the clown.

The Orange Baboon dropped a huge bomb (MOAB) on Afghanistan, in a supposed bid to intimidate the Taliban.

He ranted & raved about about “fire & fury” with Kim Jong-Un of North Korea.

And he vowed to destroy Iranian cultural sites if Iran EVER DARES to respond to his cowardly crime at the Baghdad Airport which killed Soleimani.

In each case, his bluff was called, resulting in Amerika losing face & prestige.

The MSM quickly shifted into gear 7 and reported that there were no casualties, only for images & proof of wounded soldiers to surface on the internet days later. (See attached image). grin

To add insult to injury, the bastard sent emissaries to beg the Iranians to temper justice with mercy. grin

Today, Amerika is ALSO begging the Taliban for a face-saving exit from Afghanistan. grin

Kim Jong-Un of North Korea has persevered with the country’s missile & nuclear programs and now boasts missiles that can project violence on Amerikan territories, if not the mainland itself.

The Islamic Republic of Iran defied Trump's threats and rained down ballistic missiles on 2 of her bases in Iraq – and Trump went silent for HOURS, with not so much as a tweet.

Did you not see how the Amerikan "SUFAIYOS" Soldiers were almost crying & shedding tears when they were shipped to Iraq against the Iranian threats? grin

The Sufaiyos obviously knew what they were up against - after the incident at the Strait of Hormuz where another set of Amerikan Sufaiyos were arrested, humiliated & paraded like common thieves by the IRGC for violating the Iranian Territorial Waters. (See 2nd attached Image). grin

The net effect of these events, is that the United Snakes of Amerika is being challenged and is in virtual retreat globally.

Economic sanctions are increasingly the weapon of choice for the Amerika, as her military options decrease. And even this will soon run its course, as more & more countries devise financial and economic alternatives outside the orbit of the empire.

Again, just few days ago on January 17; A column of Russian Airborne Forces passed an Amerikan military checkpoint in Northern Syria - and the Amerikan bastards hid in the Armoured Personnel Carrier. grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ggPknSY6NCk&feature=youtu.be

The bastards knew there's a new sheriff in town - and he doesn't bluff. grin

Those who do not know the history of Amerika for her BLATANT LIES & PROPAGANDA are the Secondary School Children on Nairaland always cheering Trump to garner likes. grin

As always, for countless billions of dollars, Amerika can only send her army against illiterate savages armed with coconuts. grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Trump On U.s.troop Injuries In Iran: 'I Heard They Had Headaches' by timesup234: 9:13pm On Jan 22, 2020
Zoharariel:

Don't mind the clown.

The Orange Baboon dropped a huge bomb (MOAB) on Afghanistan, in a supposed bid to intimidate the Taliban.

And he vowed to destroy Iranian cultural sites if Iran EVER DARES to respond to his cowardly crime at the Baghdad Airport which killed Soleimani.

In each case, his bluff was called, resulting in Amerika losing face & prestige.

The MSM quickly shifted into gear 7 and reported that there were no casualties, only for images & proof of wounded soldiers to surface on the internet days later. (See attached image). grin

To add insult to injury, the bastard sent emissaries to beg the Iranians to temper justice with mercy. grin

Today, Amerika is ALSO begging the Taliban for a face-saving exit from Afghanistan. grin

Kim Jong-Un of North Korea has persevered with the country’s missile & nuclear programs and now boasts missiles that can project violence on Amerikan territories, if not the mainland itself.

The Islamic Republic of Iran defied Trump's threats and rained down ballistic missiles on 2 of her bases in Iraq – and Trump went silent for HOURS, with not so much as a tweet.

Did you not see how the Amerikan "SUFAIYOS" Soldiers were almost crying & shedding tears when they were shipped to Iraq against the Iranian threats? grin

The Sufaiyos obviously knew what they were up against - after the incident at the Strait of Hormuz where another set of Amerikan Sufaiyos were arrested, humiliated & paraded like common thieves by the IRGC for violating the Iranian Territorial Waters. (See 2nd attached Image). grin

The net effect of these events, is that the United Snakes of Amerika is being challenged and is in virtual retreat globally.

Economic sanctions are increasingly the weapon of choice for the Amerika, as her military options decrease. And even this will soon run its course, as more & more countries devise financial and economic alternatives outside the orbit of the empire.

Again, just few days ago on January 17; A column of Russian Airborne Forces passed an Amerikan military checkpoint in Northern Syria - and the Amerikan bastards hid in the Armoured Personnel Carrier. grin

Those who do not know the history of Amerika for her BLATANT LIES & PROPAGANDA are the Secondary School Children on Nairaland always cheering Trump to garner likes. grin

As always, for countless billions of dollars, Amerika can only send her army against illiterate savages armed with coconuts. grin
Bastard Americans will be forced to withdraw from the Persian Gulf or face total destruction

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Trump On U.s.troop Injuries In Iran: 'I Heard They Had Headaches' by opebiboy: 9:29pm On Jan 22, 2020
The war never still end?
Re: President Trump On U.s.troop Injuries In Iran: 'I Heard They Had Headaches' by opebiboy: 7:53am On Jan 23, 2020
Zoharariel:

Don't mind the clown.

your write up is always thunderous

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: President Trump On U.s.troop Injuries In Iran: 'I Heard They Had Headaches' by Crowwejihadist: 11:01am On Sep 09, 2021
Zoharariel:

Don't mind the clown.

Guess Biden is the best president now.

You see how they killed 13 American soldiers and wounded many more.

I bet this can't happen if Trump is still the POTUS
Re: President Trump On U.s.troop Injuries In Iran: 'I Heard They Had Headaches' by Crowwejihadist: 11:02am On Sep 09, 2021
Zoharariel:

Don't mind the clown.

Re: President Trump On U.s.troop Injuries In Iran: 'I Heard They Had Headaches' by talk2hb1(m): 6:41am On Sep 10, 2021
Observing & Moderating

(1) (Reply)

Why Iran Is Scared Stiff Of Israel / Sarah Palin Is A Muse / United States Rejected Israel's Plea For Strike Against Iran

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.