Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,579 members, 7,809,100 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:09 PM

The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s - Crime (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s (63198 Views)

Man's Car Burgled Within 12 Minutes Of Using An ATM In Abuja / Man's House Burgled In Umuahia During The Christmas Holidays (Photos) / Oko Polytechnic Student's Room Burgled By Robbers (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by richPHAROAH: 10:53am On Jan 23, 2020
snazzy5050:
At least if you want to be an unfortunate being, try and be one that is not an illiterate. The book about this story in particular clearly stated that they were from the east, plus in terms of armed robbery and prostitution i don't think anyone can drag that with the east too.. it should be noted I'm not being tribalistic, but only comparing facts with the assumption you brought on the table, Nitwit .
ok intelligent bro, i get you point. i just noticed that all the oloshos i see in italy and most european countries are all ipob easterners. well don my inteligent bro
Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by brainworkng: 11:22am On Jan 23, 2020
Buhari advocate this you grammatical sentence is off da hook o grin
okomile:
Is that the punishment or evidence of what they stole?

grin

Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by Nickymezor(f): 11:25am On Jan 23, 2020
Hmmm, wat a throwback
Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by Endtimecaller: 11:37am On Jan 23, 2020
No be today stealing and armed robbery start for naija. Even when the economy was not as tough as the one piloted by --------?
Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by TheSourcerer: 11:56am On Jan 23, 2020
BreconHills:

Tribalism and nationalism is an attempt to simplify complex issues inuo manageable proportions that the brain can easily understand. It actually makes people stupid and is todays most dangerous internet disease.

However many of the people espousing tribal sentiments here also have good friends from the tribes they castigate. Mobile tech allows and supports personality fragmentation of the type we often see here.

The real problem is that oversimplification leaves many parts of the brain dark, neurons dont fire and gradually mental muscle is lost. It is a slow but devastating disease and it takes tremendous will power to escape it. Believe it or not, it is also the governments best friend. Ventilation of opinion reduces the emotional pressure to advocate for change.

Nepotism and a civil war robbed the first generation of their fortune, SAP robbed the second generation and now social media is robbing their children.
you're an interesting fellow how can I get your contact
Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by hardbody: 12:29pm On Jan 23, 2020
Boniee:

Its true...
sacrifies is another sad possibility

But back then most of sacrifices were scam as they were sent away into slavery from the backdoor and the priest will den claim d gods av accepted the sacrifice.

I know this, right? My forbears used it as a means of preserving the accused alive and appeasing the complainants. The accused are said to have been taken by the gods while they are surreptitiously sold off to the new world. It saddens me though, not the intent but the act.
Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by BlackPantherCri: 2:07pm On Jan 23, 2020
BuhariAdvocate:
Here is the picture of robbers that burgle oba market in 1962.

If you check am well, all their descendants are currently politicians
Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by Goldenboy10(m): 2:31pm On Jan 23, 2020
That one with white basin looks exactly like your grandfather
Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by armadeo(m): 2:34pm On Jan 23, 2020
rexbuton:
Three pages, no knowledge passed, no cover story on the picture, no additional info from users...

Nigeria has become progressively illiterate in recent years.

Simply put we have achieved a lot concerning internet availability jn Nigeria that even bufoons have access to it.

What a campaign slogan.
Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by cbngov01(m): 2:35pm On Jan 23, 2020
okomile:
What was their punishments?
Were they killed or imprisoned?

Not complete story OP
grin grin

thats what u get from copy and paste writers who do not do proper research. what are we going to do with their pix @op. look for em?

1 Like

Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by whiteafrique: 2:50pm On Jan 23, 2020
Originators of armed robbery, Anini grandfathers..
Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by BuhariAdvocate: 2:51pm On Jan 23, 2020
no doubt this bro.
BlackPantherCri:

If you check am well, all their descendants are currently politicians
Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by snazzy5050(m): 3:28pm On Jan 23, 2020
richPHAROAH:
ok intelligent bro, i get you point. i just noticed that all the oloshos i see in italy and most european countries are all ipob easterners. well don my inteligent bro
At least they are not doing it locally, unlike the way the easterners have occupied north, west , south and same east of the entire country undecided undecided
Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by obama30: 3:32pm On Jan 23, 2020
BuhariAdvocate:
Here is the picture of robbers that burgle oba market in 1962.

12 tribes of Benin, no wonder olosho and stealing plenty there, which kind grand children's....
Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by richPHAROAH: 3:33pm On Jan 23, 2020
snazzy5050:
At least they are not doing it locally, unlike the way the easterners have occupied north, west , south and same east of the entire country undecided undecided
dollar na dollar any where in the world. okpo na okpo
Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by BuhariAdvocate: 4:01pm On Jan 23, 2020
They have no mercy for stranger in that state.
obama30:

12 tribes of Benin, no wonder olosho and stealing plenty there, which kind grand children's....
Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by legba1(m): 4:20pm On Jan 23, 2020
soberdrunk:
Imagine sighting your granddaddy in this disgraceful group picture...... angry

Na to disown him even in his grave
Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by Legendguru: 5:04pm On Jan 23, 2020
Hmmm
Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by Gee64: 5:11pm On Jan 23, 2020
Stealing has since graduated in recent times to yahoo and many youths admire people who do it.
Even parents encourage their children to do it. But brothers and sisters, the Holy Books say, "You must not steal".
Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by andrew12(m): 6:20pm On Jan 23, 2020
Dont insult peoples way of writing other peoples language, ''read again to understand''
FortuneDeGreat:
Imagine your spelling, illiterate!
Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by CiciBaller: 8:18pm On Jan 23, 2020
Pls nairalanders what is the meaning of OP?
Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by Nobody: 8:41am On Jan 24, 2020
Authoreety:
Nigeria was still a baby then

And is Nigeria an adult now? Our country is still crawling
Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by newdawn2017(f): 9:58am On Jan 24, 2020
sad
FortuneDeGreat:
Imagine your spelling, illiterate!
shocked nor kih with laugh dis morning. LMFAO be a bit nice nau
Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by newdawn2017(f): 10:05am On Jan 24, 2020
ZzZzzzzzzzzzzzz:
then the adage that the Apple doesn't fall far from the tree will be applied
Neither does d mango, pawpaw & breadfruit, just to mention a few. cheesy
Re: The First Thieves That Burgled The Oba Market Stores In Benin In 1960s by Thazard(m): 1:36pm On Jan 25, 2020
soberdrunk:
Imagine sighting your granddaddy in this disgraceful group picture...... angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Peruzzi Accused Of Rape By Princes Jayamah. He Reacts / Missing UNIPORT Student Found Dead, Killed By Boyfriend (Graphic Photos) / Woman And Her Pastor Lover To Die By Hanging For Killing Husband (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.