Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,360 members, 7,800,728 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 03:52 AM

US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu (23251 Views)

Nigeria Won’t Float Naira, Emefiele Tells IMF, World Bank / Oke Obi-Enadhuze Who Tweeted ‘Nigeria Won’t End Me’ #EndSARS Protest Buried / Doyin Okupe: 'If Atiku Rules For A Day, Nigeria Won’t Recover For 10 Years' (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by awoo47: 8:29am On Jan 23, 2020
Esseite:

And how would Trump or the US differentiate between shiite and Sunnis on visa ban?

Shiite muslims can be assumed Iranian allies while bokoharam are obviously not shiites.

Neither can he segregate Visa policies between Nigerian Christians and muslims.. so he lumped us all together.
he cant legally restrict based on beliefs so d best is to ban everyone 2geda
even if na based on beliefs I'm sure plenty Muslim will lie abt dere faith...no be new thing

2 Likes

Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by F117nighthawk: 8:31am On Jan 23, 2020
You are calling a HARD FACT speculation, u think the US GOVERNMENT are as dull, unintelligent and clueless and lack direction like BUHARI GOVERNMENT, they know many things are not just right and BUHARI government is a joke,Insecurity issues like boko haram, kidnapping, herdsmen and bandits attack, almost on daily basis, no specific solution to all these problems, the clueless government continue to live in denial

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by Kingsteve(m): 8:32am On Jan 23, 2020
Nigerians, una never see something yet.
This is just the beginning.
There will come a time, even with all your looted funds, most countries will still deny you visa.
You all die here!

4 Likes

Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by AmTruth: 8:33am On Jan 23, 2020
What gain thou in tribalism narrative. He said when the details of the policies are out then they would react. You can't force them to react now because they don't act on SPECULATIONS.
funmike83:
They cant react, because the northern people have succeeded in drawing the country backward. Even if they react , us will not reverse their decision . we are all in it together now
Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by Nobody: 8:34am On Jan 23, 2020
There is nothing to react to, it’s a wonderful step by USA. Other countries should also follow suit. And the ban should also affect President Buhari on all his medical visits and greetings upandan

2 Likes

Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by Drosonogasta(m): 8:39am On Jan 23, 2020
Thegeneralqueen:
See them doing nothing as usual.....this clows are only after their pockets what ever happens to this country they don't care sad
So what do u think should be done to remedy the situation?
Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by AmTruth: 8:42am On Jan 23, 2020
Please help us publish the details policies here by the US government or the media houses not SPECULATIONS and media suggestions. For the report also mention that Trump never mentioned a specific country.
F117nighthawk:
You are calling a HARD FACT speculation, u think the US GOVERNMENT are as dull, unintelligent and clueless and lack direction like BUHARI GOVERNMENT, they know many things are not just right and BUHARI government is a joke,Insecurity issues like boko haram, kidnapping, herdsmen and bandits attack, almost on daily basis, no specific solution to all these problems, the clueless government continue to live in denial
Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by olayinkadavid70(m): 8:45am On Jan 23, 2020
bro Feere Trump, please don't ban Nigeria because it will affect your Christian brothers, you can go ahead and ban the Muslims only, I don't care, they are the problem of these country.

1 Like

Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by F117nighthawk: 8:56am On Jan 23, 2020
AmTruth:
Please help us publish the details policies here by the US government or the media houses not SPECULATIONS and media suggestions. For the report also mention that Trump never mentioned a specific country.

Who told u Trump never mention a specific country, continue to live in denial and fools paradise, u think it all about fake lies u dish out under your government, seven countries were named NIGERIA was one

1 Like 1 Share

Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by Agboriotejoye(m): 8:57am On Jan 23, 2020
angry sad
Buhari has infected the rest of Nigeria with his previous travel ban
Sai Bubu
Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by AmTruth: 8:58am On Jan 23, 2020
Trump, according to reports, did, however, not give clues to which countries might be affected in the new round of restriction.

With the above statement, I don't understand why some persons are just giving themselves headache for America that is Not Heaven.

1 Like

Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by Celly2020: 8:58am On Jan 23, 2020
Islie:

https://thenationonlineng.net/nigeria-wont-react-to-speculations-on-us-travel-ban-presidency/

IThis will effect my plans, what people are complaining about this government is truth they are Incompetent

1 Like

Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by Celly2020: 9:01am On Jan 23, 2020
America is talk and do country so don't think is may saying

1 Like

Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by iramure(m): 9:01am On Jan 23, 2020
I'm supposed to be sad over issue like this but let me say say i am happy, Nigeria type of democracy is too dirty, opposition has nothing constructively to add to nation building but rather they tear everything apart to gain sympathy to earn people's vote in the next election. Same thing APC did in their era.
We wash our dirty linen outside, expose all that happen to the outside world thereby rendering our dear country vulnerable to all form of media attacks internationally.
Every country has their own problems but they manage without any noise.
Each time I remember am a Nigerian, I fell sorry for myself.
Let all Nigerians come together, let's Shun all religious, tribal, political and ethnic afflictions and make our dear country work. We have been reduced to nothing globally. Imagine USA threatening to ban us. If we had made our country work, who cares about them?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by CSTR2: 9:02am On Jan 23, 2020
The problems is that Nigeria is not relevant to the US.
That is the problem.

The entire African trade with America is 40 billion dollars.
Brazil alone has trade with America worth over 105 billion dollars.
And even then Brazil is not that important to America.

Build the country. Increase its economic strength and America will take you serious.

Africa as a whole contribute to just 5% of global iPhone sales.
Nigeria"s own is even far smaller.

Trump is a very transactional leader. If you can't contribute enough, he will never regard you.

He can afford to discard Nigeria because our input is not worth the output.

3 Likes

Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by CSTR2: 9:07am On Jan 23, 2020
Saudi Arabia is a global sponsor of terrorism.
But they have trillions of dollars worth of investment in America.
And that is why America protects them no matter what they do.
Even if they murder a journalist in cold blood.

It's not personal. It's business.

3 Likes

Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by Agboriotejoye(m): 9:07am On Jan 23, 2020
Simplyleo:
I don't even understand how this travel ban works. It will be all over the places that a country doesn't welcome Nigerians, yet I have been to some of those countries without any hitch, and indeed got all privileges accorded a foreigner.

Infact, in the heat of South African Xenophobia, I was still sent to Johannesburg and was treated as a foreigner with all necessary privileges for 3 weeks. So how does this ban really work?

Though all my foreign trips are official, I have this feeling there is no country I want to go on my own that I can't go, ban or no ban.
Stop talking like an illiterate. When did south Africa ever put Nigeria on travel ban.
Go and ask ur buhari if he could travel to USA when he was banned as an Islamic fundamentalist.
Besides, when did N-power add travel to their work or is it for BMC wing? grin grin

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by CSTR2: 9:10am On Jan 23, 2020
If Nigeria wants visa free program with America.
It's possible.

Build our economy to a point where we can afford to buy $50 billion worth of American goods and weapons every year.

It would be automatic.

4 Likes

Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by Freiburger(m): 9:14am On Jan 23, 2020
Chai...See talk cheesy
Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by Emmaoj44: 9:21am On Jan 23, 2020
What do you have to say?
Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:32am On Jan 23, 2020
Esseite:

And it just happened the ban came after the solidarity March of muslims with Iran?...
Always looking for who to blame for country's woes

If ur assertion is anything to go by, then you don't need to worry. Just walk into the US embassy and declare that you are a Christian, then you should be considered

1 Like

Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by nograv: 9:37am On Jan 23, 2020
You see where Northern leadership has taken us?

With Boko Haram running rampant and Shia siding with Iran the USA has banned Visas from Nigeria.

Leadership must move to the South for sanity to be restored or lets split this country in two.

2 Likes

Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:38am On Jan 23, 2020
iramure:
I'm supposed to be sad over issue like this but let me say say i am happy, Nigeria type of democracy is too dirty, opposition has nothing constructively to add to nation building but rather they tear everything apart to gain sympathy to earn people's vote in the next election. Same thing APC did in their era.
We wash our dirty linen outside, expose all that happen to the outside world thereby rendering our dear country vulnerable to all form of media attacks internationally.
Let all Nigerians come together, let's Shun all religious, tribal, political and ethnic afflictions and make our dear country work. We have been reduced to nothing globally. Imagine USA threatening to ban us. If we had made our country work, who cares about them?

You are so on point bro
Personally I don't give a hoot about USA
Even if I wanted to go there it would be just to visit for one week and get back.
I'm doing really well here in naija

2 Likes

Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by alekuwodo(m): 10:34am On Jan 23, 2020
My fellow country people, We don't need to be sentimental, must our nation react to speculation?, what if it doesn't go as we think.

Meanwhile if you are interested in upland paddy rice production, check my signature and join us.
Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by ModestGal(f): 10:35am On Jan 23, 2020
suzzyboss:
Lol what are we the giant of Africa for.. If they ban us we ban them back... Abi who is with me,, we giants do not have time for nonsense.. They are still many other beautiful countries in the world.. God bless Nigeria lol
When Nigerians are descendants of slaves, we will always want to do mumu for the white people. Its like you all don't know that the reason why America is great today is because of the enslavements of other Nations in years back. And some of the ongoing policies. Just like someone in this forum out in his signature
Will you like to be friends with a rich guy that inherited wealth from his great grandfather that robbed, mutilated and killed your own great grandfather. Africans too like to worship white people, that's why sometimes, I feel like we are cursed in Africa.
And to all the people saying its CX of the fact that we are bad, crime rates in America is also very high, Americans are good at hypocritical behaviour of packaging themselves as good and terming other countries as bad.

1 Like

Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by ModestGal(f): 10:43am On Jan 23, 2020
iramure:

The problem start from slavery and colonialism. Naturally, black people feel inferior to white people and that's still our problem till today. The Europeans, Americans all enslaved black people to build what they have today, and Black's work are the result of what we see today in European and American countries. Thats why the blacks in America are asking for reparation fee as rhey claimed they built the white house and America. Black people are worshiping a rich man that inherited his great fathers wealth that robbed their great grandfather's wealth to become wealthy. As for Trump, let him continue, and I will keep watching. Let him continue his useless warlike behaviour and we will see where it ends for America.

2 Likes

Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by Nobody: 11:00am On Jan 23, 2020
Vidyut:
[s][/s]

That was a truly unnecessary post/boast?
I kept wondering why the person posted that
lipsrsealed
Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by ModestGal(f): 11:07am On Jan 23, 2020
SELL YOURSELF
One of the things that makes a country grow is foreign investment, advanced countries are very good at packaging, branding, and that's why they attract foreign investors and thus grow from there. For the US, they are good with packaging, don't always think US is free from crimes, corruption, fraud, they just do well in packaging theirs but Nigerians are good at destroying their names everywhere. And that's why no investor will actually wanna come here. If you go abroad, not all establishments are from the government, private firms and organizations make getting jobs easier there and it raises the economy of the country. But here in Nigeria, Nigerians are happy to downgrade their country, even at international forums.

Now listen, there are so many good and positive things we still have here even if you are blind to see it, Nigerians are one of the most hardworking people in the whole of the planet. You will never see that on the internet by these bloggers but to write lies on how a bird flew inside a church to attack governors.
How many whites can go through what we face in Nigeria that wouldn't have committed suicide or killed all his/her family members, I think you people don't read news, why do you think Nigerians that travel abroad are usually successful? Do you know that Nigerians are one of the most successful ethnic groups in the Us? Or do you think all white people are successful and rich? Many of them live on debts and despite all the opportunities they have, they fail to work hard to succeed.
As Nigerians, we have so many good things but the Media has only propagated our bad image, meanwhile their bloggers only sell themselves and make you think their countries are Paradise.

Its all about selling yourself, selling ourselves and opportunities will come our way.
Note** I typed this while not concentrating, so kindly correct any grammatical error, punctuation errors in my write up as well as align my points yourself as I'm too busy for that.
Start selling yourself if you want attractions for opportunities, start selling Nigeria good image.
Once you lice this country you will understand how necessary it is to present your country well because they will all attribute all negatives to you on crimes you've never heard of

1 Like

Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by Americanboy35: 11:37am On Jan 23, 2020
ModestGal:
SELL YOURSELF
One of the things that makes a country grow is foreign investment, advanced countries are very good at packaging, branding, and that's why they attract foreign investors and thus grow from there. For the US, they are good with packaging, don't always think US is free from crimes, corruption, fraud, they just do well in packaging theirs but Nigerians are good at destroying their names everywhere. And that's why no investor will actually wanna come here. If you go abroad, not all establishments are from the government, private firms and organizations make getting jobs easier there and it raises the economy of the country. But here in Nigeria, Nigerians are happy to downgrade their country, even at international forums.

Now listen, there are so many good and positive things we still have here even if you are blind to see it, Nigerians are one of the most hardworking people in the whole of the planet. You will never see that on the internet by these bloggers but to write lies on how a bird flew inside a church to attack governors.
How many whites can go through what we face in Nigeria that wouldn't have committed suicide or killed all his/her family members, I think you people don't read news, why do you think Nigerians that travel abroad are usually successful? Do you know that Nigerians are one of the most successful ethnic groups in the Us? Or do you think all white people are successful and rich? Many of them live on debts and despite all the opportunities they have, they fail to work hard to succeed.
As Nigerians, we have so many good things but the Media has only propagated our bad image, meanwhile their bloggers only sell themselves and make you think their countries are Paradise.

Its all about selling yourself, selling ourselves and opportunities will come our way.
Note** I typed this while not concentrating, so kindly correct any grammatical error, punctuation errors in my write up as well as align my points yourself as I'm too busy for that.
Start selling yourself if you want attractions for opportunities, start selling Nigeria good image.
Once you lice this country you will understand how necessary it is to present your country well because they will all attribute all negatives to you on crimes you've never heard of
You are very very sensible maam, very intelligent comment, God bless you
Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by iramure(m): 11:38am On Jan 23, 2020
ModestGal:

The problem start from slavery and colonialism. Naturally, black people feel inferior to white people and that's still our problem till today. The Europeans, Americans all enslaved black people to build what they have today, and Black's work are the result of what we see today in European and American countries. Thats why the blacks in America are asking for reparation fee as rhey claimed they built the white house and America. Black people are worshiping a rich man that inherited his great fathers wealth that robbed their great grandfather's wealth to become wealthy. As for Trump, let him continue, and I will keep watching. Let him continue his useless warlike behaviour and we will see where it ends for America.
Tins is sensibly said. You are blessed.
Re: US Travel Ban: Nigeria Won’t React To Speculations - Garba Shehu by iramure(m): 11:46am On Jan 23, 2020
NOETHNICITY:
You are so on point bro
Personally I don't give a hoot about USA
Even if I wanted to go there it would be just to visit for one week and get back.
I'm doing really well here in naija
Thanks, you are on point as well. I wish you success

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why We Shelved Strike – Labour / Fashola Inspects Azura-edo 2000MW Project / Fayose Visits Abdulsalami Abubakar In Abuja (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.