Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,703 members, 7,802,094 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:03 AM

Nigerians Lost At Sea, Trying To Get Into Europe - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Nigerians Lost At Sea, Trying To Get Into Europe (1186 Views)

Nigerian Sailors Celebrate The 55th Independence At Sea (Photos) / Airasia Flight Found Upside Down At The Bottom Of The Sea . / Nigerians In The Desert Trying To Travel To Europe (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Lost At Sea, Trying To Get Into Europe by redsun(m): 7:55am On May 30, 2007
Africans, especially Nigerians lost at sea trying to navigate to Europe with dinghies, what a desperate act for something that they already have. Some of them spend an average of $1.000 for such trip, meanwhile with $1.000 you can start off a small business in nigeria,the only thing about business is consistency, you got to put your soul in it for it to succeed. Africa is our kingdom ,we to have to make it a paradise,not according to tony blair, (a sore in the eyes of the world). In as much as the leaders are bad, we have to change,we have no choice.
Re: Nigerians Lost At Sea, Trying To Get Into Europe by ajadrage: 9:30am On May 30, 2007
Yeah right, it's easy to say so when you're on the other side. And mind you, a thousand dolls wouldn't even get you to Ghana, talkless of Europe.

Another point of correction, a thousand dolls is worth about 126 k's in Nigerian currency, unless you wanna start an "iya Basira like" joint (apologies to style plus), you'll hardly find a viable business opportunity with that amount.

And so we blame PHCN for erratic power supply that should power our barber shops and salons, good roads that should make our okadas last long enough to offset their purchase price, good security that will enable us make good day's sales without those hard men of the night disposessing us of our earnings, and the ever industrious petroleum marketers churning out new and improved cut throat pricing for their products. The list my dear is endless.

You're there talking, I bear you no grudge, but do not diss those guys that took a decision damning the consequences. Wether na flight or na dinghie, so far man pikin reach yonder. Thats the priority on the minds of those brother and sister Nigerians. Rather than being a shame on their part, it reflects the failure of the leaders of this docile giant called Nigeria. Dem no wan thief, so the next best thing that comes to their minds is janding.

Lets understand that it's not our fault, but then the question is, what do we do about the situation of the motherland?

http://www.greatedo..com

Re: Nigerians Lost At Sea, Trying To Get Into Europe by ajadrage: 9:33am On May 30, 2007
Yeah right, it's easy to say so when you're on the other side. And mind you, a thousand dolls wouldn't even get you to Ghana, talkless of Europe.

Another point of correction, a thousand dolls is worth about 126 k's in Nigerian currency, unless you wanna start an "iya Basira like" joint (apologies to style plus), you'll hardly find a viable business opportunity with that amount.

And so we blame PHCN for erratic power supply that should power our barber shops and salons, good roads that should make our okadas last long enough to offset their purchase price, good security that will enable us make good day's sales without those hard men of the night disposessing us of our earnings, and the ever industrious petroleum marketers churning out new and improved cut throat pricing for their products. The list my dear is endless.

You're there talking, I bear you no grudge, but do not diss those guys that took a decision damning the consequences. Wether na flight or na dinghie, so far man pikin reach yonder. Thats the priority on the minds of those brother and sister Nigerians. Rather than being a shame on their part, it reflects the failure of the leaders of this docile giant called Nigeria. Dem no wan thief, so the next best thing that comes to their minds is janding.

Lets understand that it's not our fault, but then the question is, what do we do about the situation of the motherland?

http://www.greatedo..com

Re: Nigerians Lost At Sea, Trying To Get Into Europe by redsun(m): 4:39pm On May 30, 2007
You can start off a small scale farm in the country side with $1.000,you don't have to have all the money in the world to  be rich,just be methodical,determine and most of all creative.Whiteman is not an angel,he is just a hard worker and at the same time cheeky with forsight for his immediate society,they learn from the past and project into the future.I am telling you because i know,this things don't come on a platter of gold,you have make some sacrifices,it is like we are learning to run without walking.Life is the same everywhere,just understand that you are the architect.Of what use is it for one to foolishly kill him or herself to be in europe?it is not as if there is anything special in europe apart from infrastructures,anyway,one man's dream is another man's achivement.
Re: Nigerians Lost At Sea, Trying To Get Into Europe by Vicjustice: 6:27pm On May 30, 2007
Redsun, but i see that you're not in Nigeria to show them how to invest and survive with $1000, what a mouth organ, ?
Re: Nigerians Lost At Sea, Trying To Get Into Europe by okeyz(m): 3:36pm On Jun 01, 2007
@ vicjustice
no mind the guy ! his post is just pissing me off,its easy for him to say because he is in jand ,make him come spend 6months for naija without light and water whether he no go sing a different song ,infact na camel he go take enter europe again
Re: Nigerians Lost At Sea, Trying To Get Into Europe by redsun(m): 8:49pm On Jun 01, 2007
If you must know,i have an up and running investment in nigeria,you can never see it the way i do, but i hope some day you will.Yeah,you are right,people like me have to be in country full time to show you that impossibility is just a limitation of the mind and horizon.If we keep shying away from our fundamental problems,then we pass it on to the nest generation,who is going to solve it?Problems are main to be solved,that is the point of having brain,it dosn't have to be easy but you have to walk it out.
Re: Nigerians Lost At Sea, Trying To Get Into Europe by ajadrage: 8:53am On Jun 05, 2007
Mmmm, redsun don't get me wrong and although I share the frustrations of some of these posts, I am one that believes in the resuscitation of Nigeria and Nigerians which is more than I can say for most of our compatriots.

All I ask of you is not to apportion blames to those guys that attempt to leave the country through risky means or otherwise in their quest to seek for their individual golden fleece.

The situation in the country is presently one that negates the practice of patience and perseverance. You do not expect the young man who just graduated and is searching desperately for some means of livelihood to wait a thousand years before he can begin to cater for the responsibilities that society and family has thrust on him when everyday he observes those who are supposed to be our leaders do the very same things that discourages enterprise.

A politician who hitherto was a nonentity but overnight becomes super rich is not a veritable role model for any young aspiring man to follow, so rather than steal or engage in militancy and crime, these youths travel across the shores of the motherland to earn a living in a land where the opportunities abound and are in excess of what their own citizens can manage. I believe that you will attest to that.

Thankfully, you happen to be one of the productive Naijans over there and God bless you for investing in your country, but will you agree with me that you would not have been in such an entrepreneural position had you spent all your life in Nigeria.

Your response to the above question would influence the next post I make

Re: Nigerians Lost At Sea, Trying To Get Into Europe by redsun(m): 12:23pm On Jun 16, 2007
@ adarage,it is true the politicians are horrible role models but education to a great extent is a key to independence and with little money which they have to make the trip and ideas and examples from people like us who have been and see that east or west home is the best one can make a head way in nigeria,it is a country that needs pioneers,because what we have now have no roots,with vigour and determination it will go a long way,good will definitely over come evil,those politicians do what they do because they are ignorant,but their time is up,this is the age of information,am i not talking to you now?Knowledge is power and some times knowledge does not neccessarily mean going to school but experience and mistakes from self and others.May be if had known what i know now i wouldn't have bothered travelling but then i learnt alot leaving the country with out much risk and my knowledge i can pass on to you so that you don't have to make the same mistake,you can be in a position in that country where you can reach the sky honestly.Rome was not built in a day.

(1) (Reply)

Get Your E- Ticket Now,payment After Confirmation. / France Long Stay Student Visa- / Shark That Ate 600 US Sailors

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.