Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,072 members, 7,807,216 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:11 AM

Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 - Jobs/Vacancies (51) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 (143953 Views)

Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2022 / Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2021 / PwC Graduate Recruitment 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (59) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by lonewolf20: 8:48am On Aug 06, 2020
Sugmadisthebest:
Please when are we getting feedback from PwC. Someone said next month. How true is this?
I asked about resumption and their response was October. Feedback is most likely end of Aug.
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Wickedinlaw: 9:07am On Aug 06, 2020
lonewolf20:

Not really but I did mention it
Oh are you also for assurance
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by lonewolf20: 9:48am On Aug 06, 2020
Wickedinlaw:

Oh are you also for assurance
Yea
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by benque: 10:16am On Aug 06, 2020
Argue ke, my reply was "that sounds good" grin

Wickedinlaw:

But you didn't argue with them cha grin
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by benque: 10:20am On Aug 06, 2020
Congratulations, I don't think they will take that network glitch into consideration

Wickedinlaw:
Finally!!!!!

I almost shouted "ahhh" when I was asked to speak on my topic but thank God I was stronger than my village people. The topic was on impulse buying.

Then the other questions were majorly to access "leadership, teamwork and excellence".. Tho I was only asked 3 behavioural questions and they focused more on my CV.

Please go and marry your CV oo

I beg you, don't go and be forming UK accent there oo coz some questions will not only restore you back to factory settings but to your dialect if you are not careful grin

Finally, make sure you ask the right questions!!

BTW, my network went off and logged me out during the interview. You can imagine the situation I was. I don't want to talk about it coz I almost cried. Tho I later logged in again but I don't know if it would count against me.

I need to attend to my inlaws.
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by benque: 10:22am On Aug 06, 2020
Ah where Has @Eryckah911 been? I came to wish you luck today sha. Kill it

1 Like

Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Wickedinlaw: 11:19am On Aug 06, 2020
benque:
Ah where Has @Eryckah911 been? I came to wish you luck today sha. Kill it
On hot sit... Mama will pepper them today.. They don't know warris going on grin
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Sugmadisthebest: 11:19am On Aug 06, 2020
lonewolf20:

I asked about resumption and their response was October. Feedback is most likely end of Aug.
. Thanks
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Presbeuo(m): 12:39pm On Aug 06, 2020
lonewolf20:

Funny that I asked this same question and it was kept confidential. Was Madam Toyin on your panel?
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Wickedinlaw: 1:41pm On Aug 06, 2020
Presbeuo:

Funny that I asked this same question and it was kept confidential. Was Madam Toyin on your panel?
grin when u sef refused to calm down
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Presbeuo(m): 1:43pm On Aug 06, 2020
Wickedinlaw:

grin when u sef refused to calm down
Lol. No time bro
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by lonewolf20: 1:56pm On Aug 06, 2020
Presbeuo:

nah
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Presbeuo(m): 2:26pm On Aug 06, 2020
lonewolf20:
nah
Felicia then. Right?

1 Like

Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by lonewolf20: 2:44pm On Aug 06, 2020
Presbeuo:

Felicia then. Right?
Nope but I can remember there was Ngozi

1 Like

Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Presbeuo(m): 3:05pm On Aug 06, 2020
lonewolf20:

Nope but I can remember there was Ngozi
All right. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Wickedinlaw: 9:39am On Aug 07, 2020
Why is the thread dry na?? Please continue dropping your experience to motivate others that are yet to do.

To those that sent me private messages, I'm sorry I didn't reply immediately. I've been quite very busy. I've replied your messages.

But if it's about the interview experience, kindly drop your questions here for others to benefit but if it's something personal, no wahala.

Eryckah911 would have dropped her yesterday's experience but someone reported her new account after banning the first one. So she's trying to resolve that

2 Likes

Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Oddgirlout: 9:15pm On Aug 07, 2020
I did my interview today and my section one was about insurgency, while my section 2 was like normal questions not much situational based questions for me though, mine was kind of hot cos I was asked like 2 questions at d same time consecutively, I just thank God I had my pen and paper. my people, who also experienced this with me? Pls comment this group has been quiet for a while.

2 Likes

Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Wickedinlaw: 9:24pm On Aug 07, 2020
Oddgirlout:
I did my interview today and my section one was about insurgency, while my section 2 was like normal questions not much situational based questions for me though, mine was kind of hot cos I was asked like 2 questions at d same time consecutively, I just thank God I had my pen and paper. my people, who also experienced this with me? Pls comment this group has been quiet for a while.
It's normal na. But wait oo, you wrote down their questions before you answered shocked

1 Like

Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by doubletitle: 10:58am On Aug 08, 2020
I had my interview yesterday.
It started with stage 1 which was a question on insurgency in Nigeria. Stage 2 started with can we know you, followed by a lot of behavioural question. Also question s like why PwC, your LOS.
It is well with us.

4 Likes

Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Eryckah911(f): 3:27pm On Aug 08, 2020
. lipsrsealed

4 Likes

Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by doubletitle: 4:08pm On Aug 08, 2020
Eryckah911:
Topic: "investing in our children's education will help shape their future, discuss"

Then the normal tell us about yourself, where do you see yourself in 5 years, tell us about the firm and why you want to work here at this time,how do you make new relationships and how do you maintain them, where I worked and what my role was there, recent news in my field, what I do or have been doing to personally improve myself, other interests that are not work related.

The behavioural questions were; have you worked with a difficult person and how did you handle them, have you received a negative feedback and how did you react, tell us about a time when you had to multitask.

kiss kiss kiss

Welcome back

2 Likes

Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by ObianujuU: 6:24pm On Aug 08, 2020
Hi guys. Is tax actually an option for us, as LOS? Used to think the tax guy were from PWC tax apprenticeship program...

The job vacancy read 'tax and assurance' and advisory, at the verification stage, it was just 'assurance and advisory'. The LOS synopsis sent to our emails has tax, assurance and advisory.

And tax apprenticeship program has not been advertised this year...

What do you guys think?
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by iamwok: 6:43pm On Aug 08, 2020
ObianujuU:
Hi guys. Is tax actually an option for us, as LOS? Used to think the tax guy were from PWC tax apprenticeship program...

The job vacancy read 'tax and assurance' and advisory, at the verification stage, it was just 'assurance and advisory'. The LOS synopsis sent to our emails has tax, assurance and advisory.

And tax apprenticeship program has not been advertised this year...

What do you guys think?
I think Advisory is separate while U can choose between tax and assurance.
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by bright8569: 7:03pm On Aug 08, 2020
iamwok:

I think Advisory is separate while U can choose between tax and assurance.

By way of current situation on ground, I dont think apprenticeship will be advertised this year considering what we went through for the verification test as it increases cost for both parties, giving way for tax inclusive which favour us all as it increases the number of slot. But for the tax position that will be based entirely on how passionate you blend tax in your interview response or otherwise.
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by aelai: 7:17pm On Aug 08, 2020
Eryckah911:
Topic: "investing in our children's education will help shape their future, discuss"

Then the normal tell us about yourself, where do you see yourself in 5 years, tell us about the firm and why you want to work here at this time,how do you make new relationships and how do you maintain them, where I worked and what my role was there, recent news in my field, what I do or have been doing to personally improve myself, other interests that are not work related.

The behavioural questions were; have you worked with a difficult person and how did you handle them, have you received a negative feedback and how did you react, tell us about a time when you had to multitask.

kiss kiss kiss

Welcome back from your sabbatical leave grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Eryckah911(f): 9:29pm On Aug 08, 2020
grin grin Thank you
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by OnyiNicole: 9:34pm On Aug 08, 2020
Lol Erica you’re cute.
Hi guys.. so quick question. Do they take the same number of people for both tax and assurance? Or does assurance take more applicants?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Eryckah911(f): 11:59pm On Aug 08, 2020
OnyiNicole:
Lol Erica you’re cute.
Hi guys.. so quick question. Do they take the same number of people for both tax and assurance? Or does assurance take more applicants?
Thanks thanks cheesy wink
And assurance would definitely take more.
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Wickedinlaw: 12:46am On Aug 09, 2020
OnyiNicole:
Lol Erica you’re cute.
Let's analyze the number of people that made it to the interview stage first.

DISCLAIMER: The analysis you are about to see is based on assumption. You are advised not to believe it.

The interview started July 20th and expected to end Aug 20th (4 weeks). The first candidate is usually interviewed 11am each day and assumed to end 5pm. So for each day, 6 people are "assumed" to be interviewed.

Hence for the month of July, people were interviewed from July 20th to July 29th making it 8 days excluding Saturday and Sunday. Hence 48 people (8days * 6 people) were interviewed in July based on the assumption that it ended 5pm for each day.

For the month of August, the interview should last from 3rd August to 20th August making it 14 days excluding Saturday and Sunday. Hence 84 people (14days * 6 people) would be interviewed in August.

Hence 132 people (48 + 84) made it to the interview stage i.e on the assumption that the interview ends 5pm for each day which is not confirmed. But if it's 4pm, then it is assumed 110 made it to the interview.

Back to your question, following past trends, Assurance are usually more than Tax, while Tax are usually more than Advisory. Hence, Advisory is very competitive.

If you agree with my analysis, you can decide on your own the number of people that would be employed for each LOS. But if you really want to go by my analysis, to guide your judgment on how to project the number of people that would be employed, then we can compare the number of people employed in 2016 when there was economic downturn to the number of people that would be employed in 2020 using 2016 as the basis for assumption.

Unconfirmed source stated 120 made it to the interview stage in 2016 while less than 60 were employed due to the economic situation. It might not be the same in 2020... It is called "forecasting" in Economics. It could be right or wrong, so it is opened to criticism.

The source to my last paragraph

https://www.nairaland.com/2873647/pwc-nigeria-2016-graduate-recruitment/41

2 Likes

Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Bricks92(m): 1:14am On Aug 09, 2020
Wickedinlaw:

Let's analyze the number of people that made it to the interview stage first.

DISCLAIMER: The analysis you are about to see is based on assumption. You are advised not to believe it.

I like your thought pattern, but I believe your analysis may not be accurate.

As someone who made it to last year graduate associate interview but was unsuccessful, let me use my past experience to provide a more informed analysis regarding the subject matter. I hope this helps everyone with such questions.

Interviews would normally run for a full 31 days, besides the holidays inbetween I think. That said, there are normally 2 panels comprising of 3 members, and each day having 10 candidates, so this means that each panel of 3 interviews 5 candidates. On the day I interviewed last year, only 9 of us showed up. So it's possible that some won't turn up.

Judging by this analysis.

So far, I think this year has 24 interview days. I also believe that there are at least 10 candidates per day and two panels as well. Although I know that some persons might again not honour their interview dates for whatsoever reason.

This means that at least 240 people have been scheduled for this interview, implying that at least 120 of those would be successful and this includes tax, assurance and advisory.

Although this year is unique, I would still like to believe that PwC already had a quota figure in mind. Also that does not necessarily mean that if more people perform well by their standards, they would not be taken.

Good luck everyone!

P.S: These are just my own thoughts, given my previous experience with the firm last year.

Modified: After going through the 2016 recruitment link you posted, I now see where you're coming from. I honestly admit that I could be wrong, as this year is indeed different. May God help us all.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Wickedinlaw: 1:23am On Aug 09, 2020
Bricks92:

I like your thought pattern but I believe your analysis is faulty.

As someone who made it to last year graduate associate interview but was unsuccessful, let me use my past experience to provide a more informed analysis regarding the subject matter. I hope this helps everyone with such questions.

Interviews would normally run for a full 31 days besides the holidays inbetween I think. That said, there are normally 2 panels comprising of 3 members, with each day having 10 candidates, and so this means that each panel of 3 interviews 5 candidates. On the day I interviewed last year, only 9 of us showed up. So it's possible that some won't turn up.

Judging by this analysis.

So far, I think this year has 24 interview days. I also believe that there are at least 10 candidates per day and two panels as well. Although I know that some persons again, May not honour their interview dates.

This means that at least 240 people have been scheduled for this interview, implying that at least 120 of those would be successful and this includes tax, assurance and advisory.

I believe PwC already have a quota figure in mind, but that does not necessarily mean that if more people do well, they would not be taken.

Good luck everyone!

P.S: These are just My own thoughts given my previous experience with the form last year.

Thanks for the insight! Well appreciated.

Tho I only based my assumption on this after confirming from two people that had their interview on the same day that the same panel interviewed them and not forgetting the fact that this year interview is not like last year..

But I could be wrong after your clarification. Thanks
Re: Pwc Graduate Recruitment 2020 by Eryckah911(f): 8:57am On Aug 09, 2020
Wickedinlaw:

Thanks for the insight! Well appreciated.

Tho I only based my assumption on this after confirming from two people that had their interview on the same day that the same panel interviewed them and not forgetting the fact that this year interview is not like last year..

But I could be wrong after your clarification. Thanks
Yeah, my friend and I were interviewed on the same day by the same panel.

I think the interview starts by 10am and ends around 4pm so yeah 6 people per day.

(1) (2) (3) ... (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) (54) ... (59) (Reply)

Pwc Graduate Recruitment Nigeria – 2013 / Nirsal And Cbn Recruitment Is Going On / Diamond Bank 2015 Recruitment

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.