Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,708 members, 7,802,125 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:29 AM

Help!!!!my Friend Is About To Loose All His Wedding Videos Because Of Virus. - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help!!!!my Friend Is About To Loose All His Wedding Videos Because Of Virus. (840 Views)

How Can I Get Rid Of Virus On My Laptop / How Do I Retrieve Files From Hard Drive Infected With Shortcut Virus? / I Get Rid Of Any Type Of Virus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help!!!!my Friend Is About To Loose All His Wedding Videos Because Of Virus. by Iyke1998(m): 11:25am On Jan 23, 2020
Good day everyone..
A friend of mine wedding video was sent to him via flash, unknown to him that the flash has virus.
when he got home to play the video,it wasnt playing.But the videos are still in the flash(the video size still intact).

I told him to tell the guy who edited the video to send it again but he said the guy has already deleted the video from his system..

Please is there any strong antivirus that can erase the virus?
Or are there any other options?

Please suggestions are needed
Re: Help!!!!my Friend Is About To Loose All His Wedding Videos Because Of Virus. by SenorFax(m): 11:33am On Jan 23, 2020
He could have use a disk instead of flash. And which photographer deletes videos after sending. He's simply an amateurs and should be blamed for this.

In other words, maybe the video has be corrupted even before he sent it, therefore using deletion to cover his track.

Try and copy a neutral video on the flash and play it, if it plays, the photographer is at fault and the flash is not corrupted.
Re: Help!!!!my Friend Is About To Loose All His Wedding Videos Because Of Virus. by Iyke1998(m): 11:40am On Jan 23, 2020
SenorFax:
He could have use a disk instead of flash. And which photographer deletes videos after sending. He's simply an amateurs and should be blamed for this.

In other words, maybe the video has be corrupted even before he sent it, therefore using deletion to cover his track.

Try and copy a neutral video on the flash and play it, if it plays, the photographer is at fault and the flash is not corrupted.

That was my thought but the guy said he watched the video from the Editor's laptop before he sent it to him..
Re: Help!!!!my Friend Is About To Loose All His Wedding Videos Because Of Virus. by Gboyeboy(m): 12:18pm On Jan 23, 2020
The photographer should have a back up of his work. Your friend can get it from him
Re: Help!!!!my Friend Is About To Loose All His Wedding Videos Because Of Virus. by Mrlouis: 4:13pm On Jan 23, 2020
Iyke1998:
Good day everyone..
A friend of mine wedding video was sent to him via flash, unknown to him that the flash has virus.
when he got home to play the video,it wasnt playing.But the videos are still in the flash(the video size still intact).

I told him to tell the guy who edited the video to send it again but he said the guy has already deleted the video from his system..

Please is there any strong antivirus that can erase the virus?
Or are there any other options?

Please suggestions are needed

HERE IS WHAT TO DO.
step 1: plug the flash or memory card on to your PC.
Step 2: click on "Computer" or "this PC" locate the drive letter of the flash on your PC. E.g D, E, X , C etc...then note it down
Step 3: search for CMD on your computer, right click and open it as adminstrator
Step 4: type the drive letter of your flash with a colon added .e.g D: or E: etc as the case may be then press enter
Step 5: type this command without the quotation marks "attrib -s -h -r /s /d *. *" and hit Enter. Mind you there are spaces in what you are to type so be careful else it won't run correctly..

You will see the cursor on the CMD blinking..once it's done a new line of text will pop up...it's done, go back to your flash/memory card and see your files again..
Next time keep an antivirus handy. Good day

2 Likes

Re: Help!!!!my Friend Is About To Loose All His Wedding Videos Because Of Virus. by Iyke1998(m): 12:46pm On Jan 29, 2020
Mrlouis:

HERE IS WHAT TO DO.
Step 2: click on "Computer" or "this PC" locate the drive letter of the flash on your PC. E.g D, E, X , C etc...then note it down
Step 3: search for CMD on your computer, right click and open it as adminstrator
Step 4: type the drive letter of your flash with a colon added .e.g D: or E: etc as the case may be then press enter
Step 5: type this command without the quotation marks "attrib -s -h -r /s /d *. *" and hit Enter. Mind you there are spaces in what you are to type so be careful else it won't run correctly..

You will see the cursor on the CMD blinking..once it's done a new line of text will pop up...it's done, go back to your flash/memory card and see your files again..

wow,i just saw this now..
i will give it a trial.
Re: Help!!!!my Friend Is About To Loose All His Wedding Videos Because Of Virus. by Iyke1998(m): 1:36am On Feb 07, 2020
Mrlouis:

HERE IS WHAT TO DO.

Goood day Sir..
I have kept on trying this but it keeps showing parameter format not correct
Re: Help!!!!my Friend Is About To Loose All His Wedding Videos Because Of Virus. by ndcide(m): 6:04am On Feb 09, 2020
Mrlouis:

HERE IS WHAT TO DO.

Re: Help!!!!my Friend Is About To Loose All His Wedding Videos Because Of Virus. by Iyke1998(m): 3:21pm On Feb 10, 2020
[quote author=ndcide post=86496437][/quote]

Can you help out

(1) (Reply)

Neat Uk Used Asus R510 8gb Ram 750gb 3gb Graphics *sold / US Used Lenovo Ideapad 320 - 8GB RAM, 7th Gen AMD A12 *sold / Used Dell Inspiron 15 3542( 4gb Intel Corei3 With 1TB- SOLD!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.