Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,196 members, 7,780,338 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 12:43 PM

Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma, In Pictures - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma, In Pictures (70932 Views)

TETFUND Projects In Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma - Thompson Jotham / How Students Receive Lectures At Ambrose Alli University, Ekpoma / Ambrose Alli University Law Students Celebrate Graduation In Grand Style(Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma, In Pictures by Airhix(m): 9:03pm On Jan 23, 2020
You know what , truth be told, that my sch, had my bsc 13 years ago, this is what you get , when true dynamic person is in charge. He deserves all the accolades. I enjoyed all fellow Esan sons and daughters to embrace Him. This is what fellow VC of esan extraction could not do.

2 Likes

Re: Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma, In Pictures by EhisChelsea1(m): 9:06pm On Jan 23, 2020
EmzyT:
The school fine but cultists no go allow person study sad

Cultism don over reduce there now..... Na yahoo yahoo things dey reign.... Headquarters of Yahoo Yahoo for South South
Re: Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma, In Pictures by austink1(m): 9:13pm On Jan 23, 2020
Wowwowowowowowow. I honestly can’t believe this. I need to drive down to see for myself. Back then, the only storey building were the library and faculty of law, geography, NLT and ETF buildings.. other faculties then were like passage houses.
Now I’m proud...I never step foot in that town since 2009 when I graduated cos d town too go rugged but with all this, I commend the new management.. kudos. Still can’t believe faculty of Management science would have such look. Damn

3 Likes

Re: Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma, In Pictures by Randy111(m): 9:14pm On Jan 23, 2020
My Alma Mata isn't doing bad. But then show us my faculty {engineering} cos I know it used to be the worst in terms of structural edifice

2 Likes

Re: Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma, In Pictures by Obton(m): 9:15pm On Jan 23, 2020
EhisChelsea1:

Cultism don over reduce there now..... Na yahoo yahoo things dey reign.... Headquarters of Yahoo Yahoo for South South

Lol, sadly true.

Almost zero cultism. But you'll see guys here and there practicing G and Yahoo.

SARS no dey finish for Ekpoma

But I nor sure say e reach DELSU own sha...
Re: Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma, In Pictures by Obton(m): 9:17pm On Jan 23, 2020
Randy111:
My Alma Mata isn't doing bad. But then show us my faculty {engineering} cos I know it used to be the worst in terms of structural edifice

Under construction last time I checked. Don't have it's current pic.

1 Like

Re: Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma, In Pictures by Jestin: 9:18pm On Jan 23, 2020
ehiksalex:
. Faculty of engineering is still under construction. I rep elect/elect
Nice one mate. What section?
Re: Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma, In Pictures by Randy111(m): 9:20pm On Jan 23, 2020
RedBlackPepper:
An average secondary in USA has better structure than this. When shall we get there.

But this isn't USA. this is Nigeria and you need to deal with it that way

1 Like

Re: Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma, In Pictures by kabukabu50(m): 9:24pm On Jan 23, 2020
A whole university in Nigeria can't even compare to a high school in the US.

High schools here can boast of complete libraries with free wifi, swimming pools,gym with basketball courts, health center. Etc.

No fans as all the classes are air conditioned with no more than 35 per class.

Tufiakwa.
Ogbenye go kill una for Ekpoma.
Re: Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma, In Pictures by midnighter(f): 9:26pm On Jan 23, 2020
adonainana:
The basics of architecture is not copying and plagarism afterall every new design looks similar to something already done

The reason why most nigerian buildings always looks one sided is because of the need for air, humidity and the energy need of such building.

No nigerian Architect would ever build a bathroom without a window even if you tell him it doesnt need one as a ventilator can perform the same functions. He will bring up the power issue and the cost issue straightforward

That being said, there is still more work and more things to do than to just build chalets or 2 storey building all the where and call it a university.

Overall i think the cost issue is why Nigerian buildings always look the same tho.
Very few engineers in nigeria like the idea of a central controlled ventilation system for the above said reasons

Foreign buildings are not special, the way they look special is that they artificially create all the things a public building will need on one spot in one space. By the time this Foreign building is finished, hundred percent it will just look better and aesthetically pleasing

Hope this helps

I mentioned plagiarism as a point of reference for modern architecture in an African context and not necessarily because its "wrong" to be influenced by previous designs.

For example, having Corinthian style columns and arches or gothic style like Oxford University in the hope of looking more "sophisticated" may look "nicer" but would still be very insincere, wouldnt it?

Because Oxford university was built in the style reigning in Europe during the Middle Ages. So it doesnt have any meaning in post-colonial Nigeria. Yet people always complain that our buildings are ugly, plain, boring, etc

So my question was what exactly would make them look better or more interesting? What influences and contexts do we have or where do we draw our inspiration from, moving forward?

The issue of centralised energy systems or illogical ergonomics wasnt really my concern but the aesthetic aspect, which I notice always comes up every time somebody posts pictures of a new building. Air or humidity cant be it because there are nice buildings in hot countries all over the world. Though you also mentioned cost; maybe...

The problem is that we seem to be perpetually uninspired and parochial when it comes to art. Which is crazy! We come from some of the most creative cultural backgrounds in history.

Anyway, I get your point, thanks

Re: Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma, In Pictures by Randy111(m): 9:34pm On Jan 23, 2020
Obton:

Under construction last time I checked. Don't have it's current pic.
Wow this is something really interesting. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma, In Pictures by Obton(m): 9:38pm On Jan 23, 2020
Jestin:

Section?
Re: Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma, In Pictures by Obton(m): 9:39pm On Jan 23, 2020
Jestin:

Section?
If you meant location; then it's after Faculty of Law. Kinda still a long way from it. No longer the old location.
Re: Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma, In Pictures by Africomterror: 9:41pm On Jan 23, 2020
Wow
Re: Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma, In Pictures by Obton(m): 9:44pm On Jan 23, 2020
midnighter:

I mentioned plagiarism as a point of reference for modern architecture in an African context and not necessarily because its "wrong" to be influenced by previous designs.

For example, having Corinthian style columns and arches or gothic style like Oxford University in the hope of looking more "sophisticated" may look "nicer" but would still be very insincere, wouldnt it?

Because Oxford university was built in the style reigning in Europe during the Middle Ages. So it doesnt have any meaning in post-colonial Nigeria. Yet people always complain that our buildings are ugly, plain, boring, etc

So my question was what exactly would make them look better or more interesting? What influences and contexts do we have or where do we draw our inspiration from, moving forward?

The issue of centralised energy systems or illogical ergonomics wasnt really my concern but the aesthetic aspect, which I notice always comes up every time somebody posts pictures of a new building. Air or humidity cant be it because there are nice buildings in hot countries all over the world. Though you also mentioned cost; maybe...

The problem is that we seem to be perpetually uninspired and parochial when it comes to art. Which is crazy! We come from some of the most creative cultural backgrounds in history.

Wow, such an interesting discussion stemming from this post!

Some Nairalanders are knowledgeable sha. wink

3 Likes

Re: Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma, In Pictures by adonainana: 9:50pm On Jan 23, 2020
midnighter:

For example, having Corinthian style columns [/b]and arches or [b]gothic style like Oxford University in the hope of looking more "sophisticated" may look "nicer" but would still be very insincere, wouldnt it?

The issue of[b] centralised energy systems or illogical ergonomics wasnt really my concern but the aesthetic aspect,[/b] which I notice always comes up every time somebody posts pictures of a new building. Air or humidity cant be it because there are nice buildings in hot countries all over the world. Though you also mentioned cost; maybe...

It will be suicidal for any nigerian architect to try to use these styles of designs to build a house in nigeria. Like you said, these designs was what was reigning in Europe at the time in particular times of different centuries.

The stones and marbles and the mortar used back then arent available and its like looking for a needle in haystick anyone trying to find such in Africa.

Back not only builders built a building, there were sculptors, artisans who made had a unique part in the european styles at the time.

Also another interesting thing is that the climate and weather of these host countries made Oxford and cambridge buildings stand the test of time.
Water reacts a lot to limestone and mortar. if you brought any oxford building to nigeria in the same way and manner, after 100 years even way before that time, rain water mould may start to grow on the external surface for instance.

This is also seen in evidence as to One of the main reasons why nigerians buildings become very ugly as time and season pass by.
Re: Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma, In Pictures by BrutalJab: 9:53pm On Jan 23, 2020
GreenArrow1:
A haven of cultism. Waste of structures.

You must be a cultist to know this.
Re: Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma, In Pictures by kingston247: 9:53pm On Jan 23, 2020
Really don't know what to say....but am so happy my school is wearing a new look...just cant describe how it was in my time(left 2006)...but kind of wonder if it still same fun there....and how about my faculty (Engineering)....no upgrade?

2 Likes

Re: Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma, In Pictures by ud4u: 9:54pm On Jan 23, 2020
My school, beautiful

1 Like

Re: Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma, In Pictures by BrutalJab: 9:56pm On Jan 23, 2020
EhisChelsea1:
Abeg show us Faculty of Arts, I like see that one.

I too go miss this school. Finish 2006 (wen AAU was still AAU)... ''I sabi dance'' dept.... Pavilion things..... grin grin

Theater and Media Arts. grin

They have built a new faculty/department for you guys now.
Re: Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma, In Pictures by midnighter(f): 10:00pm On Jan 23, 2020
Obton:

Wow, such an interesting discussion stemming from this post!

Some Nairalanders are knowledgeable sha. wink

Lol and thank you for a cool topic sir wink

1 Like

Re: Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma, In Pictures by Obton(m): 10:01pm On Jan 23, 2020
BrutalJab:

Re: Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma, In Pictures by Obton(m): 10:03pm On Jan 23, 2020
BrutalJab:

Re: Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma, In Pictures by Obton(m): 10:04pm On Jan 23, 2020
BrutalJab:

Re: Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma, In Pictures by rebirthto: 10:08pm On Jan 23, 2020
We surely paid our dues, I miss ekp to the bone Sha!!!.

I Rep faculty of environmental sciences (building 2010/11).

1 Like

Re: Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma, In Pictures by gowonmaharajah(m): 10:10pm On Jan 23, 2020
state or federal university?
Re: Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma, In Pictures by SamUnbeatable(m): 10:20pm On Jan 23, 2020
IamCookie:

All na rainbow sir!

BTW, the school no fyn reach AAUA na.
the rainbow am talking about is not beauty my man ...... but confra.......
Re: Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma, In Pictures by LARRYOBRAIN(m): 10:34pm On Jan 23, 2020
Beautiful cult den
Re: Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma, In Pictures by DAVECENA(m): 10:34pm On Jan 23, 2020
Jestin:
I rep AAU 04....OP please add faulty of Engineering...I miss that faculty and this post just made my evening.

04?? It's been a long while!
Well,a new structure which is been constructed will be completed before the end of the first quarter... Although at the moment, we're still in the old structure..
Re: Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma, In Pictures by DAVECENA(m): 10:44pm On Jan 23, 2020
kingston247:
Really don't know what to say....but am so happy my school is wearing a new look...just cant describe how it was in my time(left 2006)...but kind of wonder if it still same fun there....and how about my faculty (Engineering)....no upgrade?

Lolz...It's still fun here and Engineering has a new structure near completion about a Kilometre from law... At the moment, we're still in the old structure.
Re: Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma, In Pictures by pacretus(m): 10:55pm On Jan 23, 2020
marvin905:

it's not about the company he or she keeps it's just how the school is..
ekpoma don calm down buh you will really naive if you think that there isnt much cultist there..
shut up the last skirmish happened Sept 2018. Was just some gentle men playing. Nothing happened since then. For over 10 years AAU has been as calm as Ice water. Yes lots of yahoo boys, not more. If you be cultist you hide am. Most schools are 100% worse than AAU. Uniport Delsu abraka or Uniben. Last month Cultist went on rampage at Uniben killing anything kill able more than 50 died. But if n.a. AUCHI poly or AAU, it will make headline. Update yourself mofo

3 Likes

Re: Ambrose Alli University Ekpoma, In Pictures by pacretus(m): 10:58pm On Jan 23, 2020
Randy111:
under construction in "sambisa" but men!! It's equally a master piece

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Black Student Was Asked To Give Up His Seat In Class (See His Epic Response) / Top 10 Courses To Study In Nigeria / Dasola: Ibadan Poly Female Student Hacked To Death; Eyes Plucked Out (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.