Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,437 members, 7,801,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 10:00 AM

Turkey Wants To Introduce Law Allowing Rapists Marry Their Victims To Avoid Jail - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Turkey Wants To Introduce Law Allowing Rapists Marry Their Victims To Avoid Jail (725 Views)

A Drug Leader Fakes His Death With Bloody 'torture' Photos To Avoid Jail / Gracious David West: I Give The Phones Of My Victims To 'China' / Female Fraudster Who Lures Victims To Native Doctor With 'Dollar' Busted (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Turkey Wants To Introduce Law Allowing Rapists Marry Their Victims To Avoid Jail by NNFORUM(m): 11:37am On Jan 24, 2020
Turkey wants to introduce law allowing rapists marry their victims to avoid prosecution

The Turkish government is planning to introduce a new law that will allow rapists marry their victims to avoid jail, leading to mass criticism.

With the new law, men accused of raping underage girls to avoid punishment by marrying their victims, a move which has outraged women’s rights campaigners who say the law will pave the way for ‘child exploitation and legitimize child marriage and statutory rape.’

The “marry your rapist” bill is set to be introduced to parliament at the end of the month. Although, the Turkey’s opposition party, the Peoples’ Democratic Party has called for the bill to be axed.

Suad Abu-Dayyeh, a campaigner for Equality Now, told The Independent: “I applaud the brave work of women’s rights campaigners in Turkey who are taking a stand against this discriminatory bill and pushing back again regressive forces that are seeking to remove current legal protections for girls.

“Similar ‘marry-your-rapist’ legal provisions have been on the statute books of countries across the Middle East and North Africa.

“Thanks to years of campaigning by women’s rights activists and lawmakers, Egypt, Jordan, Lebanon, Morocco, Tunisia, and Palestine have all removed these loopholes in recent years.

“Rather than attempting to introduce legislation that harms women’s rights and protections, Turkish lawmakers should take heed of these advances in repealing gender discriminatory laws.”

Source: https://nnf.com.ng/p/turkey-wants-to-introduce-law-allowing-rapists-marry-their-victims-to-avoid-jail/1809#2969

Re: Turkey Wants To Introduce Law Allowing Rapists Marry Their Victims To Avoid Jail by Fasindo: 11:45am On Jan 24, 2020
shocked

The initiator of this law is a rapist.

The law will rather promote rape instead of stopping it.

Emerging having this kind of law in Nigeria nd u mistakenly see Dangote or Otedola daughter in one corner.

Seems like Turkey and northern Nigeria ar same.

kace a'a to fyade

SAY NO TO RAPE
Re: Turkey Wants To Introduce Law Allowing Rapists Marry Their Victims To Avoid Jail by Mashallah: 12:23pm On Jan 24, 2020
We need this law for Naija, at least make I go rape Donna, the daughter of Donald Duke.
Re: Turkey Wants To Introduce Law Allowing Rapists Marry Their Victims To Avoid Jail by NNFORUM(m): 12:33pm On Jan 24, 2020
Mashallah:
We need this law for Naija, at least make I go rape Donna, the daughter of Donald Duke.
Re: Turkey Wants To Introduce Law Allowing Rapists Marry Their Victims To Avoid Jail by Wande22(m): 3:20pm On Jan 24, 2020
So PDP dey Turkey

MO fo
Re: Turkey Wants To Introduce Law Allowing Rapists Marry Their Victims To Avoid Jail by NNFORUM(m): 4:09pm On Jan 24, 2020
Wande22:
So PDP dey Turkey

MO fo

Re: Turkey Wants To Introduce Law Allowing Rapists Marry Their Victims To Avoid Jail by Susu888(m): 4:28pm On Jan 24, 2020
Did i just read it correctly?? PDP in Turkey? shocked

Chai!!
Alot of things make sense now grin.... from the terrorists sponsorship allegations to their destabilization agenda against nigeria*

Re: Turkey Wants To Introduce Law Allowing Rapists Marry Their Victims To Avoid Jail by Gozzzy(m): 4:34pm On Jan 24, 2020
Hehehehehehe... Make them first introduce that law to Nigeria..... Wetin go do me not to marry this big breasted and big nyashed Khadijat no dey.... Even pastors sef go turn super rapists..... grin grin grin grin
Re: Turkey Wants To Introduce Law Allowing Rapists Marry Their Victims To Avoid Jail by Wande22(m): 3:47pm On Jan 29, 2020
[quote author=NNFORUM post=86074212][/quote]hope you well sha

(1) (Reply)

BREAKING: Angry Mob Sets Man Ablaze For Killing Wife (photos) / Police Arrest Teenage Girl, Who Allegedly Dumped Her One-week-old Baby / Wicked Guardian Hang A Boy To Ceiling, Kicked His Sister & Flogged Them. VIDEO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.