Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,139 members, 7,807,454 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 01:45 PM

Mom Creates Household “jobs” And Makes Her Kids Apply To Get Allowance Money - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Mom Creates Household “jobs” And Makes Her Kids Apply To Get Allowance Money (1012 Views)

Amazing Moment Nigerian Lady Is Reunited With Her Kids & Hubby In UK (pics/vid) / Female Nairalander Hanging Out With Her Kids. / Georgia Woman Makes Her 5-Year-Old Daughter Pay Rent (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mom Creates Household “jobs” And Makes Her Kids Apply To Get Allowance Money by 175(m): 12:43pm On Jan 24, 2020
Shaketha Marion McGregor is a mom-of-three from Georgia who wanted to teach her beloved children an important life lesson about earning money, so she decided that from now on, they won’t be getting their allowance as easy as coming up to her and nagging her for it.
So, she created a hiring event where her kids had to apply for “jobs” around the house, and they will literally have to work for their allowance, just like grown-ups.

Shaketha seems to have the soul of a successful businesswoman, because the numbers on her Facebook post skyrocketed very quickly. The post received more than 213k likes, over 35k comments, and more than 130k chares.

The jobs for the children were kitchen manager, laundry supervisor and lead housekeeper.

Shaketha’s oldest son Jahkeem is 13, daughter Takeia is 10 and daughter Serinity is 6. Naturally, the everyday necessities can get a bit expensive for a large family, so the mom came up with this brilliant idea.
Heck, she even sent her son a rejection letter after he applied for a position that had already been filled.

Judging by the number of likes and shares her post received and the number of people that had a positive response to her post, we would say that the mom’s plan was brilliant.
What do you think about it? Feel free to tell us in the comments below.

https://www.femalista.com/mom-creates-household-jobs-and-make-her-kids-apply-to-get-allowance-money/?fbclid=IwAR3BaowQHbvnfLeU9I4vGhdT2m79AmQ6QJSnzx1P9QqXeOKsjF7a4t91j28

1 Like

Re: Mom Creates Household “jobs” And Makes Her Kids Apply To Get Allowance Money by 175(m): 12:48pm On Jan 24, 2020
I can't wait for my kids to grow up to their age and replicate sharp sharp. Lol
Re: Mom Creates Household “jobs” And Makes Her Kids Apply To Get Allowance Money by 175(m): 12:49pm On Jan 24, 2020
This woman is probably an HR Personnel walai. . .hehehehehe

@ RoyalRoy what do you think?

Lalasticalala family man you need this in the future oo
Re: Mom Creates Household “jobs” And Makes Her Kids Apply To Get Allowance Money by maggilove(f): 2:40pm On Jan 24, 2020
Can this work in our country Nigeria?
Where doing house chores is an inheritance.

8 Likes

Re: Mom Creates Household “jobs” And Makes Her Kids Apply To Get Allowance Money by Nobody: 2:49pm On Jan 24, 2020
maggilove:
grin

1 Like

Re: Mom Creates Household “jobs” And Makes Her Kids Apply To Get Allowance Money by Emk5556: 4:03pm On Jan 24, 2020
Am applying this as soon as my kids are up this age.
Re: Mom Creates Household “jobs” And Makes Her Kids Apply To Get Allowance Money by Emk5556: 4:04pm On Jan 24, 2020
maggilove:
it can. It has nothing to do with the country.
Re: Mom Creates Household “jobs” And Makes Her Kids Apply To Get Allowance Money by Omololaeni(f): 4:05pm On Jan 24, 2020
This is really nice

1 Like

Re: Mom Creates Household “jobs” And Makes Her Kids Apply To Get Allowance Money by nams77: 4:15pm On Jan 24, 2020
maggilove:
My dad did it. Though we didn't write letters but i was informally employed to work weekends with him and get paid and lunches too.
Those at home doing laundry for him get stipends too.
We started this arrangement when i was in ss1 and my salary was 800-1000 monthly, excluding transport and lunches.
The year was 1995-1998. grin

Miss you pops. Learnt so much from you
Rest in peace sir

6 Likes

Re: Mom Creates Household “jobs” And Makes Her Kids Apply To Get Allowance Money by Bighead9: 4:21pm On Jan 24, 2020
Omololaeni:
This is really nice

Fine lady.

1 Like

Re: Mom Creates Household “jobs” And Makes Her Kids Apply To Get Allowance Money by 175(m): 5:05pm On Jan 24, 2020
nams77:

My dad did it. Though we didn't write letters but i was informally employed to work weekends with him and get paid and lunches too.
Those at home doing laundry for him get stipends too.
We started this arrangement when i was in ss1 and my salary was 800-1000 monthly, excluding transport and lunches.
The year was 1995-1998. grin

Miss you pops. Learnt so much from you
Rest in peace sir

This is lovely! Your pops is in a better place my dear. . . .far far better than this present Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Mom Creates Household “jobs” And Makes Her Kids Apply To Get Allowance Money by 175(m): 5:06pm On Jan 24, 2020
Emk5556:
Am applying this as soon as my kids are up this age.

Same with me!
Re: Mom Creates Household “jobs” And Makes Her Kids Apply To Get Allowance Money by 175(m): 5:08pm On Jan 24, 2020
maggilove:

Lolz you're funny! It can work in this present day. . .not during our childhood period sha.

Dem no born you well to bone your house work onto say you're expecting stipends.
Re: Mom Creates Household “jobs” And Makes Her Kids Apply To Get Allowance Money by nams77: 6:00pm On Jan 24, 2020
175:

This is lovely! Your pops is in a better place my dear. . . .far far better than this present Nigeria.
Yeah. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Mom Creates Household “jobs” And Makes Her Kids Apply To Get Allowance Money by 175(m): 8:20pm On Jan 24, 2020
This template is surely needed to be tried out here in Nigeria. Oga mod @ RoyalRoy, Seun and lalasticlala. Make una spread am ooo
Re: Mom Creates Household “jobs” And Makes Her Kids Apply To Get Allowance Money by illicit(m): 9:04pm On Sep 02, 2020
This is brilliant

1 Like

Re: Mom Creates Household “jobs” And Makes Her Kids Apply To Get Allowance Money by Gabe427: 12:40am On Sep 03, 2020
my mom's way then after outdoing yourself and numerous errands would send you to go and buy #200 recharge card for her and just forget the change (which is impossible)

she does it when she in a good mood you'll just have to read and time it and not return the change. your last chore would be to load the airtime and flex the remaining with 2go

But if its one of those day..... just do your inheritance like the guy above said
Re: Mom Creates Household “jobs” And Makes Her Kids Apply To Get Allowance Money by Righteousness89(m): 1:43am On Sep 03, 2020
Nice one!

Back in the Days, my Mom did Something Similar. Time for Salary at the End of the Month was always the Sweetest Time!

GOD BLESS My Super Mom

(1) (Reply)

22 Mind Blowing Facts About Female Psychology..... / RAW GHANA SHEA BUTTER IN LAGOS / Have You Ever Met Someone And The Person Refuse Your Calls

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.