Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,586 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case (36552 Views)

Mum Of Chidinma Ajoku Who Died In Container Accident Speaks Up Against Injustice / How INEC Helped APC In Ekiti - Witness / Senator Eze Ajoku Bags Doctorate Degree In Divinity. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by garfield1: 10:25pm On Jan 24, 2020
Deepthoughts:
please can you state the elections results tally as concluded by the supreme Court?
The tally you are seeing is from card readers.look for the one in the manual registers
Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by Blindersoff: 10:28pm On Jan 24, 2020
Deepthoughts:
it's like you have compression issue,if truly there was no violence, rigging or any electoral malpractice whatsoever,then why did inec cancelled the results?,at least even for record purpose the supreme Court should have inquired from inec,or are you telling me now that inec just forgot about results from 388 polling units?,haba Mr Man.!

If indeed there was violence, rigging or any other malpractice where is the incidence form Inec documented the reason for cancellation in and why did they not present same to the Supreme court?

It is like comprehension is your issue.
Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by rottennaija(m): 10:30pm On Jan 24, 2020
muykem:
I agree with you but what blindfolded PDP lawyers also. I am still confused like other people you mentioned above. Where is INEC authentic results for those polling units?

Sometimes, when lawyers see that presenting an argument can lead to more complications, they pretend not to know what to do (or forget) hoping the judge will miss the vital points.

In this case, it would seem that the INEC lawyers knew that trying to prove the result presented by the petition was false or fake would have open more cans of worms. In that case, they simply go with the flow, hopefully it would take them far. And it did carried them so far, until someone (actually 7 people) chose not to look the other way.

1 Like

Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by rottennaija(m): 10:32pm On Jan 24, 2020
Neyoohpompy:
First, PDP legal team were fully of low IQ and unintelligent called Barristers and had no shame.
(2) A sound and credible lawyer ought to foresee this coming, but they woefully failed and scammed Emeka with their silly defense and write up.
(3) INEC is a a corrupt institution and an APC extension...They had to manipulate the real result in favour of APC while they decide not to submit any document in court. They knew the implication of doing that...
(4) It was a game and PDP lost the battle

In regards to point 3, why go through all the trouble? I mean INEC? Why not simple manipulate the result in favour of APC from the beginning and making APC candidate win?

1 Like

Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by joyandfaith: 10:32pm On Jan 24, 2020
Xisnin:
Fake analysis.
It is not the duty of the court to accept any document presented by a plaintiff.
If such a principle is generally applied, society will collapse.
Imagine what thieves and fraudsters will gain if merely presenting a document to a court
automatically make it legit.

Imagine someone presented to the court a purported receipt to your phone claiming they own it.
Should the court give them the phone because they ask for it?

What if the only issuer of such receipts declares it to be fake?
Shouldn't that be sufficient?

What if the court discovers that the date on the presented receipt is fake, should
the court steal your phone and give it to the complainant?

What any sane, sensible person would have done when they discover that Uzodinma's
fake results actually makes the total votes greater than the accredited voters is to dismiss his case or
declare the election null and order a rerun.

brillant.
Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by Blindersoff: 10:33pm On Jan 24, 2020
Monday60655:
Op you are the most stupid and niccocompus ever existed. How can one person be punished for election that was keenly contested by over 70 participants if as INEC/ FG compromised as they did. How will all the unknown results from 388 go to APC and Uzodimma alone who even came fourth during the election. What happened for rerun as usual. Make I know just remember you now. I don't want to talk much.

I will re-quote your own words as you gave to me.

You must be the most stupid and greatest nincompoop that ever existed.

Attached is the second page of the judgement. Look toward the bottom and you will see that the appellant (UZODINMA) claimed he got the OVERWHELMING MAJORITY of the results from the 388 PU units cancelled.

This means OTHER PARTIES GOT VOTES but he got much more.

How does this translate to ZERO VOTES TO OTHER PARTIES?

You make me ashamed of you seriously for this display of stupidity from you.

Why would the SC call for a rerun? Is that the appeal before her? Nobody filed an appeal for a rerun and even INEC never did so but went ahead to declare ihedioha as governor in the face of injustice and lack of evidence from them. Even PDP could not produce their own copies of the results which is ALWAYS given to all parties and their agents for sake of accountability. Why did PDP not produce their own copy?

Read the attached and stop being a nuisance

1 Like

Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by NGpatriot: 10:44pm On Jan 24, 2020
Deepthoughts:
was the excluded results from the 388 polling units not the issue?were the not included because they were cancelled by inec at collating centre?so what are you talking about?,you can cheer the supreme Court because it probably suit you but it's a fact that they bleeped up, instead of correcting a wrong deed,they have only succeeded in promoting n reinforcing a worse deed.

Meaningless rant and emotion, the lawyers and INEC failed to prove their case and even couldn't proved basic evidence so why should I take you here in NL with poor understanding of the case seriously?

INEC don move on, the former governor don move on, I suggest you you move on too.
Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by tophumble(m): 10:46pm On Jan 24, 2020
U are right, but winning at tribunal and appeal is like passing in primary and secondary School and dropping out of University. It would av been good for them to lose at tribunal and win at Supreme Court

JOHNSONSOLAFUNMI:

The lawyers won the case at tribunal and appeal court
Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by NGpatriot: 10:47pm On Jan 24, 2020
Monday60655:
Op you are the most stupid and niccocompus ever existed. How can one person be punished for election that was keenly contested by over 70 participants if as INEC/ FG compromised as they did. How will all the unknown results from 388 go to APC and Uzodimma alone who even came fourth during the election. What happened for rerun as usual. Make I know just remember you now. I don't want to talk much.

Stop confusing and misleading yourself with bogus facts and your own made up story.

There's a difference between overwhelming and all.
Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by Deepthoughts: 10:50pm On Jan 24, 2020
Blindersoff:

If indeed there was violence, rigging or any other malpractice where is the incidence form Inec documented the reason for cancellation in and why did they not present same to the Supreme court?

It is like comprehension is your issue.
now it appears we are on same page,you don't expect inec to present what they were required to, that's why I expected the supreme Court to have asked inec to explain why they omitted the results from the 388units,a news piece I read some days back showing the new supreme Court judgement results clearly showed massive over voting that one wonder whether the supreme took notice of that at all,most surprisingly neither the supreme Court not inec is coming forth with the latest results, which ever way I try to look at the whole thing, it's still clear that the court messed up,the best was to have cancelled the whole election but something tells me the whole drama is all about Apc gaining ground in the SE by whatever means.
Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by Deepthoughts: 10:54pm On Jan 24, 2020
garfield1:

The tally you are seeing is from card readers.look for the one in the manual registers
show that one now if you have access to it, anyway one try to analyze this drama it still remain that the supreme Court messed up jare,n its all about Apc gaining ground in the SE by hook or crook period.
Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by Blindersoff: 10:55pm On Jan 24, 2020
Deepthoughts:
now it appears we are on same page,you don't expect inec to present what they were required to, that's why I expected the supreme Court to have asked inec to explain why they omitted the results from the 388units,a news piece I read some days back showing the new supreme Court judgement results clearly showed massive over voting that one wonder whether the supreme took notice of that at all,most surprisingly neither the supreme Court not inec is coming forth with the latest results, which ever way I try to look at the whole thing, it's still clear that the court messed up,the best was to have cancelled the whole election but something tells me the whole drama is all about Apc gaining ground in the SE by whatever means.

I will give you what may probably be the best advice anyone has ever given you in your entire life.

Take out time and read the full Judgement. This will help you be more informed so you can make better and more intelligent comments or contributions. If you had taken just 30mins to read the entire Judgement your comment above would have entered the shredder in your cuckoo land.

Full Judgement below

https://www.nairaland.com/5649058/full-supreme-court-judgement-imo
Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by Deepthoughts: 10:56pm On Jan 24, 2020
NGpatriot:

Meaningless rant and emotion, the lawyers and INEC failed to prove their case and even couldn't proved basic evidence so why should I take you here in NL with poor understanding of the case seriously?

INEC don move on, the former governor don move on, I suggest you you move on too.
yeah, everyone has to move on because it suit you today but tomorrow shall come, history is been recorded, I'm moving on too.ok.
Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by goslowgoslow(m): 11:00pm On Jan 24, 2020
[quote author=slivertongue post=86082387]
adult since the election of 1993 dear[/quote

Hahaha cheesy You are my son cheesy
Adult since 1979 elections.
Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by Neyoohpompy(m): 11:08pm On Jan 24, 2020
The trouble started as a result of Okorocha anti-party activities. So when Okorocha repented they had to do the abracadabra as usual. INEC under APC is a threat to Nigeria democracy
rottennaija:

In regards to point 3, why go through all the trouble? I mean INEC? Why not simple manipulate the result in favour of APC from the beginning and making APC candidate win?
Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by slivertongue: 11:14pm On Jan 24, 2020
[quote author=goslowgoslow post=86083555][/quote]

really
Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by garfield1: 11:14pm On Jan 24, 2020
Deepthoughts:
show that one now if you have access to it, anyway one try to analyze this drama it still remain that the supreme Court messed up jare,n its all about Apc gaining ground in the SE by hook or crook period.
You just hate apc so nothing will make meaning to you.inec and pdp are the one that messed up.everybody tried to rig but hope did his smartly and covered it up with the law making him the winner
Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by Housing(m): 11:18pm On Jan 24, 2020
adm212144:
dont mind the slowpoke up the thread .we are always far from telling the truth .anyway law is all about precedence.I noticed one thing about we Nigerians,we are always biased and sentimental.thats the reason this country can’t grow .

Appeal Court verdict prepared the ground for Uzordinma. All the five Appeal Court Judges agreed that PW54 is a competent witness and one out of four agreed that Uzordinma won the election.

If there was no election in those 388 polling units then the election must be declared inconclusive because the number of registered voters would have been more than the differences between the top four candidates

2 Likes

Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by Dayodragon: 11:22pm On Jan 24, 2020
NGpatriot:
Unfortunately, our so-called leaders of tomorrow are on the internet rambling tribalism, religious bigotry and other ignorant phrases instead of reading and analyzing what actually transpired and what led to the SC judgment in favor of the plaintiff.

We can not secure favorable judgments through incompetence, laziness and after failing to prove our case with credible evidence.

How come number of casted votes was greater than the number of accredited voters?
Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by rottennaija(m): 11:54pm On Jan 24, 2020
EagleNest:
On what ground did the judges accept Uzodinma tendered result as authentic? Ordering for rerun would have at least cleared out the bias on both sides but who am I to talk when learned judges have talked.

Please read the judgment. The judges used the result given by the police.
Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by rottennaija(m): 11:57pm On Jan 24, 2020
Neyoohpompy:
The trouble started as a result of Okorocha anti-party activities. So when Okorocha repented they had to do the abracadabra as usual. INEC under APC is a threat to Nigeria democracy

As it has always been under PDP
Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by NGpatriot: 12:09am On Jan 25, 2020
Xisnin:
Fake analysis.
The court is not bound to accept all documents presented by plaintiffs.
If such a principle is generally applied, society will collapse.
Imagine what thieves and fraudsters will gain if merely presenting a document to a court
automatically make it legit.

Imagine someone presented to the court a purported receipt to your phone claiming they own it.
Should the court give them the phone because they ask for it?

What if the only issuer of such receipts declares it to be fake?
Shouldn't that be sufficient?

What if the court discovers that the date on the presented receipt is fake, should
the court steal your phone and give it to the complainant?

What any sane, sensible person would have done when they discover that Uzodinma's
fake results actually makes the total votes greater than the accredited voters is to dismiss his case or
declare the election null and order a rerun.

Unfortunately for you and your flawed analogy, this is not random fraudster presenting fake documents, these are documents relating to conducted elections that INEC supervised and signed off on.

Any bank is capable detecting fake bank documents same way INEC is capable of detecting election results and election materials.

If INEC cannot authenticate their own election materials and records, then we need to scrap INEC all together.

Instead of making up stories and wrong analogies, you should have asked yourself why INEC and the former governor's lawyers failed to provide credible facts to stand on.

You don't go before the SC to stand and look like like mumu, the SC is a Court of Law where facts are argued and evidence are tendered to secure favourable judgements.

Going back to your warped analogy about fraudster, the burden is not bon the fraudster to litigate your case for you by questioning his own facts, it is your job and the job of your lawyers to fight, argue, scrutinize and authenticate all admissible evidence before the Court and if at the end of the day you are not able to prove your case against the fraudster, then it's your loss, you failed to do your job and your lawyers are incompetent.

The courts are not there to help you prove your case or do your lawyering for you, you authenticate your own documents or hire your own experts and consultants to do it for you.

Were INEC and the former governor's lawyers sleeping or absent when all the evidence and documents were tendered and admitted before the SC?

They were present, but still unable to seek rejection of plaintif's documents, they allowed the facts and documents to stand so why cry after the fact?

The only reason why they couldn't was because they messed up from the beginning, INECs action to remove the votes was illegal and unconstitutional and it caught up with them.

2 Likes

Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by slivertongue: 12:25am On Jan 25, 2020
garfield1:

You just hate apc so nothing will make meaning to you.inec and pdp are the one that messed up.everybody tried to rig but hope did his smartly and covered it up with the law making him the winner

na wa oo. all for a party. due process of law is nothing. oh well APC enjoy ur loot
Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by garfield1: 1:37am On Jan 25, 2020
slivertongue:

na wa oo. all for a party. due process of law is nothing. oh well APC enjoy ur loot
Bye felicia
Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by Deepthoughts: 2:22am On Jan 25, 2020
garfield1:

get lost.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by Ramsey247(m): 4:41am On Jan 25, 2020
This analysis can never com from a lawyer. Comon, judges on their own always ask questions to confirm the authenticity of results and documents.
Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by shadeyinka(m): 5:40am On Jan 25, 2020
garfield1:

It is incumbent on the aggrieved parties to do that.moreover,there are no sufficient punitive las for electoral offenders
In other words, whoever can pay INEC higher wins the election.
Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by OVIHINNO(m): 7:02am On Jan 25, 2020
Deepthoughts:
So even as those results clearly showed over voting,you don't think the supreme Court should have cancelled the results as a whole instead of declaring uzodima,is it right then that a fraudulent evidence should be tendered to support one's case n for the court to accept such?.
The evidence presented before the supreme court was that elections took place in those polling units and Uzodinma overwhelming won. PDP and INEC couldn't disprove that. There was no way the Supreme Court would be calling for another election when the facts before her shows that there is a clear winner. The supreme court justices are not magicians. They decide cases on the strength of the evidence presented

1 Like

Re: Amanze Ajoku: How INEC And Lawyers Ruined Ihedioha’s Case by eaz(f): 7:08am On Jan 25, 2020
I hope you know the form the police tendered is a duplicate copy which Emeka Ihedioha is supposed to have too. The process of issuing results at the polling unit after an election requires that all party agents are given a copy immediately after the vote count. If PDP cannot provide their own copy to counter what Uzodinma and the police has, then the court will have no option than to ask INECto confirm if what the police and Uzodinma has is true copy. Which the INEC did. The submission you gave below is not totally true. I will encourage you to read the minority judgement given by the court of appeal. The form EC8A for the 388 polling units had figures on them. It was the figures for Hope that was added to his initial result. Ihedioha scored approximately 3000 plus votes in the 388 polling units. Even the scores that were given to Emeka Ihedioha before was disputed by the minority judgement which said he scored far less than was given to him as there was a computational error by INEC. Kindly click the link below to read

https://www.thecable.ng/full-text-the-dissenting-judgment-that-gave-hope-to-uzodinma

NORSYK:
SUPREME COURT DECISION IN:
SENATOR HOPE UZODINMA VS RT. HON. EMEKA IHEDIOHA

SALIENT AREAS OF EVIDENCE OF PW54

(POLICE OFFICER IN THE TRIBUNAL)

By
Coalition in Defence of Nigerian Democracy and Constitution (CDNDC)
Convener, Ariyo-Dare Atoye
aristotle001us@yahoo.com

The Supreme Court based its judgment in the above case, solely on the evidence of PW54 DCP Rabiu Hussain.

From the C.TC. of the proceedings of the Tribunal on 31July, 2019 DCP RABIU HUSSAIN testified in the Tribunal as follows:
“In Exhibit NNN1 to NNN18, (subpoena) I was asked to produce 388 Forms EC8As retrieved by the Police Officers. I have some of the FORMS. I don’t have 388 FORMS. The total number I brought is 368 and I cannot lay my hands on 20 FORMS”.
OUR COMMENT:

The record of Court only showed that 366 FORMS EC8As (not 368 and definitely not 388) were admitted in evidence and marked as Exhibits PPP1 to PPP366. These conflicting figures of 366, 368, or 388 Forms make his evidence completely unreliable.
DCP RABIU HUSSAINI CONTINUED:
“I didn’t tabulate the scores in Exhibit PPP1 to PPP166(366?).

I didn’t observe the entries in any of them.
I didn’t go through Exhibits PPP1 to PPP166(366) because Police are not interested in the scores of the parties”.
“I am surprised that the number of forms I tendered are not up to the number I told the Hon. Tribunal”.
“I cannot know whether there are mutilations or tampering in Exhibit PPP1 to PPP366.”
OUR ANALYSIS

The above evidence of PW54, the Deputy Commissioner of Police, did not say what each candidate scored or the figures.

PW54 did not give evidence with regards to 388 polling units. PW54 did not tender results from 388 polling units.

PW54 stated in his testimony that he did not know the contents of Exhibits PPP1 to PPP366, or PPP1 to PPP388 or any of the forms whatever the number.

PW54 did not testify that results from 366, or 368 or 388 polling units were excluded.

QUESTION?

If, from the Certified True Copy of the evidence/testimony of PW54 which the Supreme Court relied upon to give its final judgment, there is no evidence of the votes scored in Exhibits PPP1 to PPP366, or PPP1 to 368 or 388 where did the Supreme Court get the 213,695 votes it added to the scores of Hope Uzodinma?. And from where did the Supreme Court get the evidence that results from 388 polling units were excluded when PW54 testified that he brought only 366 or 368 FORMS EC8As. Since 366 and not 388 FORMS were eventually found to be tendered by DCP Rabiu Hussaini, where did the Supreme Court get the 213,695 votes it added to Hope Uzodinma?. Or did Supreme Court merely copy tge pleadings of Hope Uzodinma and regarded it as evidence? It is trite Law that averment in pleadings or Address of Counsel cannot take the place of evidence?

From the 20 or 22 EC8As forms PW54 admitted that he omitted to tender at the Tribunal from the 388 he was subpoenered to produce, how many votes did it contain for each candidate? What is the spread? These are questions the Supreme Court must answer, since their judgment did not cover these issues and contain unbelievable gaps.

It is obvious that the Supreme Court relied only on the submission of Hope Uzodinma without any reference to the records of proceedings of the Tribunal/Court of Appeal or otherwise, it would have realised that even though Hope Uzodinma claimed 388 polling units, he only dumped 366 discredited polling units results through the Police, yet the Supreme Court unilaterally credited him with figures from the 388 units which figures did not remove the 20 or even 22 polling units that were in fact not tendered before the tribunal .

The Supreme Court judgement was erroneously premised on 388 polling units results when indeed only 366 polling units’ results were admitted in the Tribunal before being expunged on very solid grounds by both the Tribunal and the Court of Appeal. We may never know the impact the exclusion of the results from the 20 or 22 units by the Supreme Court based on its own perverse findings could have had on the scores of each candidate.

Our Submission

It is our candid submission that the Supreme Court is left with no other option than to review and reverse this anomaly, even if it means applying a Judicial Doctrine of Necessity (borrowing from the intervention of the National Assembly, when Nigeria was in a big fix). The confidence of Nigerians in the Judiciary is at the lowest and we believe that the Supreme Court can help to restore it and save the future of the future of elections. This is the time to apply what the Supreme Court in Federal Republic of Nigeria V. MKO Abiola (1995) 7 NWLR, said:

“Justice must be rooted in confidence and confidence is destroyed when right-minded people go away thinking: The Judge is biased.”

By
Coalition in Defence of Nigerian Democracy and Constitution (CDNDC)
Convener, Ariyo-Dare Atoye
aristotle001us@yahoo.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

IGP Receives NPF Panel Report On DCP Abba Kyari / Grave Of Saratu Aregbesola, Governor Rauf Aregbesola's Mother (Photos) / 'No Tribe Can Claim Lagos, Even Oba Of Lagos Is From Benin Lineage.'--Lagos Govt

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.