Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,146 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:44 AM

Nigerian Ex-Governors On The Run! - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerian Ex-Governors On The Run! (3086 Views)

Buhari Gives Ultimatum To South-east Governors On Biafra / Jonathan Meets Rebel Governors On Sunday / Open Advice To South West Governors On Housing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerian Ex-Governors On The Run! by Mamajama(m): 4:32pm On May 30, 2007
Four former Nigerian governors accused of corruption are on the run from the anti-graft agency, after their terms of office expired on Tuesday.

Elected officials enjoy immunity from prosecution while in power.

The runaway governors did not hand over power in inauguration ceremonies held across the country.

Like I've said why are they all on the run now? Why not stay behind and proclaim your innocence from wrong doing?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/africa/6702443.stm
Re: Nigerian Ex-Governors On The Run! by Razorr(f): 4:43pm On May 30, 2007
Bu haa haa haa haa haa. . . grin grin grin

Everyday for the thief. . .
Re: Nigerian Ex-Governors On The Run! by DRANOEL(m): 4:55pm On May 30, 2007
first on the run = joshua dariye, he wasnt at the handover  grin grin
Re: Nigerian Ex-Governors On The Run! by Mamajama(m): 5:07pm On May 30, 2007
how funny. why are they running now when there is no one chasing them? grin grin
Re: Nigerian Ex-Governors On The Run! by Soundmind(m): 5:11pm On May 30, 2007
Why are they running? When they were in power all of them claimed to be angel. It is there conscience that is hunting them even more than the EFCC fear. Most of them turned government treasury to there personal purse. That is why there is visible poverty every where in the country. It serves them right.
Now the big question is will ICPC, EFCC and code of conduct try the Obasanjo and his kitchen cabinet members over looting of public fund?
Re: Nigerian Ex-Governors On The Run! by kitaun(m): 5:12pm On May 30, 2007
I THOUGHT YOU WERE ALL RANTING BUNKUM OF HOW TINUBU WOULD FLEE? cheesy

EVEN KALU SEF STAY!!! tongue

IF ITS NOT PANADOL . . . cool
Re: Nigerian Ex-Governors On The Run! by viee(f): 5:19pm On May 30, 2007
how sad,
i really think the immunity clause should not be extended to[b] criminal offences[/b]
once convicted of criminal act , it should be fair if the public officer is prosecuted
they should not be made to feel above the law which is basically what the immunity clause confers on them

i hope this adminstration will think in that line undecided
Re: Nigerian Ex-Governors On The Run! by esilove(m): 5:43pm On May 30, 2007
This immediate 8 years was first of its kind in the history of nigeria as far as democracy is concerned.

All the leaders then thought that democracy is all about stealing public fund.
i can't blame them b/cos they where learning.
Re: Nigerian Ex-Governors On The Run! by agbola(m): 6:21pm On May 30, 2007
let them run God go punish dem 1 by 1
that's the lovely thing about democracy is that if u lyk u fit do heaven and hell wen u get d power but 1 day u will forfeit that power and you will suffer for ur actions

Agagu ur own turn will come 1 day
Re: Nigerian Ex-Governors On The Run! by Nobody: 7:38pm On May 30, 2007
i strongly believe that nija will be atleast corruption minimize .friends watch out for nemesis will catch up with corrupt leader soon .it is a function of time we shall all be the witness to the end of the unrepented corrupt leader
Re: Nigerian Ex-Governors On The Run! by Mamajama(m): 7:40pm On May 30, 2007
what did AGAGU do? can you tell us please?
Re: Nigerian Ex-Governors On The Run! by Ollie39: 7:53pm On May 30, 2007
hahaha grin grin smiley
Re: Nigerian Ex-Governors On The Run! by hbrednic: 10:56pm On May 30, 2007
another bbc story.
i have seen and heard enough,but my eyes and ears are still open.
Re: Nigerian Ex-Governors On The Run! by OmoEko1(f): 11:12pm On May 30, 2007
agbola:

let them run God go punish them 1 by 1
that's the lovely thing about democracy is that if u like u fit do heaven and hell when u get d power but 1 day u will forfeit that power and you will suffer for your actions

Agagu your own turn will come 1 day
To bad because i don't think that day is ever gonna come grin grin grin

And what has Agagu done
Re: Nigerian Ex-Governors On The Run! by debosky(m): 11:12pm On May 30, 2007
there is no confirmation that they are 'on the run', they merely did not attend the hand over ceremonies and did not issue 'statements' like some of the others did. The next few days/weeks will prove whether they are actually on the run or not.

anyways, the so called 'big fish' who were the greatest thorns in the former govt's side - Tinubu and Kalu are still around and are not running anywhere. SO lets see if the rumored cases we've been hearing about all along will actually develop into solid accusations.

Omo Eko lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed wink
Re: Nigerian Ex-Governors On The Run! by OmoEko1(f): 11:14pm On May 30, 2007
Abeg leave me alone grin grin grin
Re: Nigerian Ex-Governors On The Run! by swing4real(m): 1:57am On Jun 01, 2007
I am still rolling.Nothing wan person no go see for our 9Ja.How somebody wan dey prison go win election?
Re: Nigerian Ex-Governors On The Run! by hbrednic: 2:10am On Jun 01, 2007
my people the ealier we stop listening to rumour-mongers,the better for us.( cnn,bbc,fox alias false news).
what makes bbc to coclude and tell the world,that naijas corrupt ex govs are on the run?
how can the be on the run if they are not declared wanted?
were they invited for questioning and they didnt show up?
did efcc or the nigerian police inform bbc,that the ex gov. are on the run?

this story remains false untill,efcc or nig. police declares the ex gov. wanted.chikena
Re: Nigerian Ex-Governors On The Run! by dremoney(m): 11:47am On Jun 01, 2007
debosky:

there is no confirmation that they are 'on the run', they merely did not attend the hand over ceremonies and did not issue 'statements' like some of the others did. The next few days/weeks will prove whether they are actually on the run or not.

anyways, the so called 'big fish' who were the greatest thorns in the former govt's side - Tinubu and Kalu are still around and are not running anywhere. SO lets see if the rumored cases we've been hearing about all along will actually develop into solid accusations.

Omo Eko lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed wink

them wan dey on d run diie!!!!!chimaroke travelled out of d country 3wks before handing over.Dariye sneaked out of jos.what oda confirmation do u nid my charge n bail lawyer?, them don ja men, get that into ya head.

As 4 Asiwaju Tinubu n Uzor kalu,they r goin no-where n nobodi is gon do any nonsense wit them, they r very solid politicians.
Re: Nigerian Ex-Governors On The Run! by tatajega(m): 12:11pm On Jun 01, 2007
Thank you very much ma brother,
Re: Nigerian Ex-Governors On The Run! by Nobody: 12:13pm On Jun 01, 2007
It is all a charade! Who should be on the run? If confirm rogues like Peter Odili should stay put, is it Boni Haruna that will be on the run? Nigerians are more clever than this.
Re: Nigerian Ex-Governors On The Run! by chidichris(m): 2:40pm On Jun 01, 2007
that is all games. why will obj and ribadu inform everyone that after hand over certain governors will be arrested. who will wait and die of the unjustified arrest and persecution of ribadu and obj?
why wouldn't ribadu wait for alamasiya to expire his tenure before they used his own house against him. Goodluck has been rewarded for his betrayal.
am sure obj is not among the former rulers that ran away so let the corrupt practices organisation start from him as we all know he at one time or the other linked with corruption cases and typical among others is the involvement of the presidential jet in a money laundary involving andy uba in the united states of america of which part of the funds were traced to the use of buying farm equipments for uttah farms.
who is decieving who?
Re: Nigerian Ex-Governors On The Run! by dremoney(m): 3:37pm On Jun 01, 2007
chidichris:

that is all games. why will obj and ribadu inform everyone that after hand over certain governors will be arrested. who will wait and die of the unjustified arrest and persecution of ribadu and obj?
why wouldn't ribadu wait for alamasiya to expire his tenure before they used his own house against him. Goodluck has been rewarded for his betrayal.
am sure obj is not among the former rulers that ran away so let the corrupt practices organisation start from him as we all know he at one time or the other linked with corruption cases and typical among others is the involvement of the presidential jet in a money laundary involving andy uba in the united states of america of which part of the funds were traced to the use of buying farm equipments for uttah farms.
who is decieving who?

u r highly misinformed.Goodluck Jonathan is a man of destiny, He never betrayed anybody.He neva begged to be VP.He was just honest n it paid off, God is on his side, He only utilises opportunities that come his way.

Bout the other issues,,i agree with u, obj will suffer in jail 4 d rest of his life.he n his partners-in-crime.
Re: Nigerian Ex-Governors On The Run! by KennethO(m): 1:25pm On Jun 02, 2007
Hahahaha!
I thought they all said that there hands are clean, why are they on the run most xpecially when the Country and State needed their Successful Handover ceremony.
When the hen polute the air, the ground begins the chase after him.
grin grin grin grin grin
They are enemy of progress. they don't want to see the progress of these country but I tell they have all failed. From their master (Baba Iyabo) to the lease of them.
THEY SAID THAT POWER IS SWEET WHEN THEY  ARE IN OFFICE LET THEM COME AND THE ENJOY THE SAME POWER WITH BABA IN THE FARM.
SHAME ON THEM! smiley smiley smiley
Re: Nigerian Ex-Governors On The Run! by tommyx: 3:59pm On Jun 02, 2007
[i]It is really too bad that some of us are not adequately inform on some setting issues before addressing them, Goodluck is a very high powered betrayer fellow, but just that His fruit has given him a table to sob from., Be inform that he was the one who sold his Master (ALAMS) out for what i call CHEAP Favour. Be inform.
Re: Nigerian Ex-Governors On The Run! by dj4wealth: 5:50pm On Jun 02, 2007
Let's still keep our fingers crossed and see wait is yet to unfold,
Re: Nigerian Ex-Governors On The Run! by Sijien(m): 7:56pm On Jun 02, 2007
is igbinedion on d run too?
Re: Nigerian Ex-Governors On The Run! by flynx: 9:42am On Jun 04, 2007
i quote my man 2pac 'maybe my addiction with friction gets me bugging, where there is no love, i'll neva quit my ambition to thugs'. the so called governors failed to understand that they are d representatives of milions of nigerians, not just at home but in diaspora. LET THEM FLEE, THEIR GENERATIONS WILL PAY 4 IT, SAYS THE LORD OF HOST.
Re: Nigerian Ex-Governors On The Run! by angel101(f): 11:00am On Jun 04, 2007
dj4wealth:

Let's still keep our fingers crossed and see wait is yet to unfold,

Trust me, nothing is going to happen. If James Ibori is being considered for a ministerial position (possibly petroleum) and Orji Uzo Kalu is apparently Yaradua's main man ( there are claims that he is his only friend among the governors) who then is going to be arrested and for what?
I weep for my country cry
Re: Nigerian Ex-Governors On The Run! by dremoney(m): 12:16pm On Jun 04, 2007
tommyx:

[i]It is really too bad that some of us are not adequately inform on some setting issues before addressing them, Goodluck is a very high powered betrayer fellow, but just that His fruit has given him a table to sob from., Be inform that he was the one who sold his Master (ALAMS) out for what i call CHEAP Favour. Be inform.

bro,u r 1000% guilty as charged.nt until u adequately inform me literally on ow Goodluck sold his master out; im afraid u r still among the one's dat r highly mis-informed
Re: Nigerian Ex-Governors On The Run! by Afam(m): 1:01pm On Jun 04, 2007
dremoney:

you're highly misinformed.Goodluck Jonathan is a man of destiny, He never betrayed anybody.He never begged to be VP.He was just honest n it paid off, God is on his side, He only utilises opportunities that come his way.

Bout the other issues,,i agree with u, obj will suffer in jail 4 d rest of his life.he n his partners-in-crime.

Please, tell the young man, he is used to making very very wrong statements based on non existent premises and defends same as facts. This is dangerous and should be condemned.

Ask him to clarify his lies and he will disappear from the forum for the next 1 month and come back when people must have forgotten the lies.
Re: Nigerian Ex-Governors On The Run! by ladyjini(f): 1:06pm On Jun 04, 2007
Chimaroke Nnamani ran one month before the hand over. up till now no nobody knows his where about. His own is that there are many that are after him. find out!!!!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Oyo Elections:Pdp Heads For Tribunal •accuses Ajimobi Of Having Dual Citizenship / 2012 Ranking (from Richest To Poorest) For Gross Domestic Product Based On PPP / Fraud And Failed Leadership Going On In IMO STATE: Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.