Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,538 members, 7,808,982 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:25 PM

Do Military Men Go For NYSC? - NYSC (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Do Military Men Go For NYSC? (29912 Views)

No State Available For NYSC Registration / How to go for stream 2 rather than stream 1 for Nysc Batch B 2017 / Any Hope For NYSC 2017 Batch B? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by byinks(f): 3:48pm On Nov 18, 2020
Your military service or military schooling is an automatic exemption
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by joelliving: 4:20pm On Nov 18, 2020
Na wao

3 Likes

Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by RosyIsBlessed: 4:33pm On Nov 18, 2020
tiswell:
You misinterpret dear, Nig army has a whole lot of polished, refined, intelligent, educated officers. You only met with sojas, not the officers.

Meet the officers and delete such recalcitrant thoughts about the army above from memory.

Lol keep defending your own. We all know the activities of the army anywhere they are, so no point arguing it.
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Kfed4ril(m): 5:51pm On Nov 18, 2020
theowane:
my brother, its not true. NMS is only a secondary school o. And last time I checked the Nysc act, Nysc is only meant for graduates of higher institutions. An ssce holder, like those from nms can not, and I repeat"can not" partake in the Nysc scheme cos they are not qualified to. Always check your facts before bringing them forward.

Guy what he is saying is that after your NMS and you decide to go to a university, you’ll not serve after graduating from the university because you’ve already served.
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by eddieo(m): 5:58pm On Nov 18, 2020
If you want to learn, stick with the information from @ Emwhen. Everything he wrote is factual. I live in that environment and have younger ones and nephews that finished from the Nigerian Military School, Zaria. It is risky to participate in NYSC as an already serving personnel of the military (Though some still serve codedly), you risk being discharged if you are caught. Ex-boys enjoy the advantage of furthering their education in the university unlike other soldiers that trained. They had six years training while many of the soldiers had just 6 to 9 months recruit training in the Chindit baracks, Zaria. Afetr university education, as an ex-boy who is in still in active service you opt for exemption certificate as a service man.
Systrom:
But NMS graduates don’t have any rank, also they don’t receive salary from FG, also they don’t get deployed to fight battles/wars, they are not attached to any army formation etc

Also, when one graduate from NMS, he is given the option to join the army and start his career as a private (pvt) but he can decline the offer or proceed to continue in the military, it’s not a must and it’s a matter of choice. Some may decide not to continue in the military career and enroll in University.

So what exactly makes them soldiers?

Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by misterjosh(m): 6:00pm On Nov 18, 2020
Judolisco:
same here... Na ekiti u serve?
No, I served in Delta
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by eddieo(m): 6:03pm On Nov 18, 2020
Im not an Ex-boy, but every information you just spewed out are wrong and shows you know nothing about the Nigerian Military School. Its pride to attend that school as it automatically qualifies you to be a soldier (private though) as you are immediately deployed to various formations across the country to serve. You still enjoy the privilege of going back to further your education (a privilege other soldiers don't have)
joelliving:

What amazes me how confident you are In airing your wrong information.
It makes no sense arguing with you because your opinion is ladden with biases.
Not even an exboy can help you.
For those who trully want to know though,an exboy is a soldier from the day he successfully graduates from the Nigerian military school.
This means you can be deployed to maiduguri or even train Corp members in nysc camp.
I've lost count of my course mates in maiduguri.
The late capt tosin oni is one of them.
Tosin later went to academy though.
But whether u are commissioned or not as an exboy you are a soldier!
Does an exboy serve in Nysc? No! He's already serving his country.
By the way for your information nms is one of the major inlets into the Nigerian Army,aside Depot and nda.
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by adetem(m): 6:22pm On Nov 18, 2020
Systrom:
Do soldiers and military men go for service. Let’s say they went back to school while still a soldier. After school, will they go for service?

Also, can an NDA graduate go for service

Thanks
no, he or she is already in service. Military personnel can only write applications to get the certificate
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by bejick(m): 6:29pm On Nov 18, 2020
shobroy10:
So much ignorance in the house imagine NMS dey train corpers.

I can bet that guy didn't go to higher institution of any sort, hence don't know what is NYSC grin grin grin grin
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Enwhen(m): 6:30pm On Nov 18, 2020
hybridblood07:
Do you know how many ex boys that went for NYSC and still went back to unit?

Nothing is impossible in Nigeria

But the fact and the truth is what I have told u...
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Enwhen(m): 6:35pm On Nov 18, 2020
Judolisco:
u jst sit down for one place dey yarn dust.... I met alot of NMS graduates or exboys in nysc camp..... NMS na secondary sch.... U jst dey dey talk nonsense with confidence

They are liars ... Most people claim Ex-boy cos of their wish... They lied to u, make it findings from the real ex-boys.
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by DasaintHope(m): 6:36pm On Nov 18, 2020
Systrom:
Do soldiers and military men go for service. Let’s say they went back to school while still a soldier. After school, will they go for service?

Thanks
I don't know about serving personnel., before POP I and my 67RC mates went for 3 weeks mandatory NYSC camp. That was all.
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by bejick(m): 6:36pm On Nov 18, 2020
Systrom:

Thanks

They are not meant to go for Youth service, but most of them secretly do go. So they will have the certificate. My parade commandant during my service year was a Soldier but na few us wey be him paddy know (He is late now). He was higher in rank than most the recruit that handle the camp so them dey give us way for our room that year.
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by DasaintHope(m): 6:37pm On Nov 18, 2020
[quote author=Systrom post=86081325]Do soldiers and military men go for service. Let’s say they went back to school while still a soldier. After school, will they go for service?

Also, can an NDA graduate go for service..
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Enwhen(m): 6:37pm On Nov 18, 2020
realokopi:
NMS is a secondary bro.
Just that there's opportunity for them to be enlisted into the the Army if they're interested. If you finish from from NMS and you don't wish to be enlisted nobody will force you.

Yea, that's AWO ...
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by DasaintHope(m): 6:41pm On Nov 18, 2020
Enwhen:

Go with whatever info u want ....Why will u go to NMS when u don't want to build a career in the army, or be a soldier ?, Why not go to a normal secondary school ??....During the time of my dad , it was straight entry from NMS to the NDA, but for the numbers and those who couldn't get it at the NMS entrance exams as such, went to normal secondary school are now given the opportunity to slug it out with the Ex-boys for NDA admission...Any Ex-boy who is not a soldier was dismissed or went on AWO...a cowards, his salary will be stop...I have tried for u...B-civilian like u wants to argue...if u care for NMS bi-law, soft copy , let me know.
I sight you Sir. Regular or Dssc?
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by bejick(m): 6:43pm On Nov 18, 2020
Enwhen:

NMS self no dey go NYSC, let alone NDA graduates.... Oga no dey Serve oga ....soldiers no dey train soldiers...

Na God dey train soldier, you talk like someone that didn't see the four of a higher institution.
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Enwhen(m): 6:45pm On Nov 18, 2020
linearity:

Not true.

NMS graduates don’t get direct ticket to NDA. They join the queue like every other bloody civilians to write the entrance exam and if successful, they get called like any other bloody civilians secondary school graduates to NDA for their three weeks selection board.

And NMS graduates don’t have any special advantage at the NDA selection board beyond the usual ‘9ja factor’ that any other secondary school graduates could have. I have seen many NMS graduates tried NDA many times and failed to get in until they get tired or aged out.

The only guarantee for an NMS graduate is to get drafted into the military as private, just like any bloody civilian secondary school graduates can get draft after training exercise.

NMS graduates also have the options of going to the University, if they do and graduate within the required age, they must serve as NYSC. I have met many ex-boys on NYSC camps, they are most likely to be parade leaders, because they already have that skill mastered before arriving at the camp site.

Ex-boys doesn't partake in NYSC...

Those bloody civilians u met at the NYSC orientation camp only lied to you ... Or it is possible that after they finished at the NMS , they refused to work as a soldier cos it's optional , after NMS , if u don't want to be a soldier nobody will force u... But it is stated clearly in the NYSC site during registration for mobilisation that they aren't allow to partake in it... But this is Nigeria nothing is impossible. Mostly when it involves money.
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Enwhen(m): 6:47pm On Nov 18, 2020
teebaxy:
MR. EX BOY, FEM AND GO TO HIGHER INSTITUTION...YOUR NMS CERT IS JUST LIKE SSCE...NO GO DEY CLAIM U ARE AN EX BOY IN FRONT OF AN HUNGRY SORDIER OO...MY CENT!

Is an Ex-boy not a soldier ?... Nigerian youths are truelly very lazy as Baba Buahri has said ...small research , findings u cannot make ... And u want to argue ...Nigeria is in mess with youths like u.

Just of recent , there was a viral video ,fresh where Ex-boys in their military uniform were seen causing traffic at Lagos - Ibadan highway , when they blocked the road and was boosting morale

Use Google search to watch the video.
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Enwhen(m): 6:53pm On Nov 18, 2020
Pierocash:
bro stop misleading the people. I am from a military family. Not everyone that went through NMS wants to be a soldier, parents have various reasons why they enrol their kids through NMS,I am talking from experience. And secondly I have two cousines as well after NMS and NDA didn't work out ,they went to the university,today one is a medical doctor, the other an engineer.

Ex boys are not soldiers, and not entitled to salary

Use ur Google search to watch a viral video of fresh ex-boys in their military uniform , displaying after graduation at lagos-ibadan highway...it happened this year

You only know how to argue with lies.

Ex-boys are Soldiers ...
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Enwhen(m): 6:59pm On Nov 18, 2020
Adesolomon2014:

Just because u finished from NMS doesnt make u a soldier. You still have to go thru NDA b4 becoming a full fledged soldier. NMS is secondary while NDA is tertiary. Meanwhile both don't go fr NYSC

NMS (Ex-boys) are soldiers ... Nigerian youths are really lazy ... I guess it is this year , where the newly graduated Ex-boys blocked Lagos - Ibadan highway and was displaying ...only a regular soldier can explain that action . Use ur goodle search to find and watch the video. It happened this year, maybe that will help u.
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Enwhen(m): 7:05pm On Nov 18, 2020
Sunshyne200:

Tel them, instead of researching, they are spewing thrash and defending it

Seriously, I am very surprised...even with plenty qoute countering me...chai.. If not the last, some ex-boys who stays in Lagos , were seen in a viral video where they blocked Lagos - Ibadan highway displaying their otondo level in military uniform . The public didn't understand and was calling on Army authority to sanction them... If only those lazy Nigerian youths can make use of goodle search to watch that viral video , maybe that would help them.

1 Like

Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Enwhen(m): 7:09pm On Nov 18, 2020
HitlerGaddafi:

Okay. I never knew when your finish NMS and collect your wassce cert, you're already eligible to fight Boko Haram.

Yes Na... You are a soldier ... But if u still want to further ur education , the Army will give you leave to either go to the NDA, or normal University. For a higher rank depending either NDA or varsity.
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Enwhen(m): 7:18pm On Nov 18, 2020
bejick:

Na God dey train soldier, you talk like someone that didn't see the four of a higher institution.

You won't understand that slang... You are not yet a soldier until u pass through the military training , which during your study at the Nigerian Military School , u will also undergo such trainings , as such , u cannot go for same training again after passing out from the Military school.
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Pierocash(m): 7:19pm On Nov 18, 2020
Enwhen:

Use ur Google search to watch a viral video of fresh ex-boys in their military uniform , displaying after graduation at lagos-ibadan highway...it happened this year

You only know how to argue with lies.

Ex-boys are Soldiers ...
don't be deceived with uniform. Putting on green khaki with military logo doesn't make them soldiers ,stop arguing blindly. That uniform has which rank on it? How many soldiers do you see wearing that kind of design.

Learn ,and stop arguing
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Pierocash(m): 7:24pm On Nov 18, 2020
Enwhen:

Yes Na... You are a soldier ... But if u still want to further ur education , the Army will give you leave to either go to the NDA, or normal University. For a higher rank depending either NDA or varsity.
as an ex boy,to officially become a full fledge soldier,you still have to go to 6 months training in jaji to qualify as a soldier. Stop arguing with people who were born into the system. As a student of NMS ,you pay school fees because you aren't a soldier yet. Once you join NDA you automatically become a soldier and that is why they dont pay school fees or tuition in NDA , but in NMS you pay fees
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by Enwhen(m): 7:36pm On Nov 18, 2020
Pierocash:
as an ex boy,to officially become a full fledge soldier,you still have to go to 6 months training in jaji to qualify as a soldier. Stop arguing with people who were born into the system. As a student of NMS ,you pay school fees because you aren't a soldier yet. Once you join NDA you automatically become a soldier and that is why they dont pay school fees or tuition in NDA , but in NMS you pay fees

Ex-boy go for six months training ?... Which Ex-boy ?, Nigerian Military School students who wears same uniform as soldiers ?

Your case strong ... I gave up... Not too long ago , at Lagos -Ibadan highway newly graduated Ex-boys in the military uniform were seen in a viral video displaying by blocking the road and the public were crying for them to be sanctions for such act. But only those in the system understand, nothing was done to them ...Ex-boy spirit

Abeg use Google search type Young Nigerian Military School students blocked Lagos Ibadan highway, maybe that video will help u

Without provocation, not even a regular soldier can try such ... Ex-boys spirit.

It is in Lt Gen Amosun
It is in Lt Gen. TY Buratai
It is in Gen. Gabriel Olonisakin (CDS)
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by bejick(m): 7:42pm On Nov 18, 2020
Pierocash:

even in NDA you can be rusticated and stops you from been a soldier. NMS will give you an edge cos it is almost like a direct entry but one can decide to opt out.
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by bejick(m): 7:50pm On Nov 18, 2020
Enwhen:

Ex-boy go for six months training ?... Which Ex-boy ?, Nigerian Military School students who wears same uniform as soldiers ?

Your case strong ... I gave up... Not too long ago , at Lagos -Ibadan highway newly graduated Ex-boys in the military uniform were seen in a viral video displaying by blocking the road and the public were crying for them to be sanctions for such act. But only those in the system understand, nothing was done to them ...Ex-boy spirit

Abeg use Google search type Young Nigerian Military School students blocked Lagos Ibadan highway, maybe that video will help u

Without provocation, not even a regular soldier can try such ... Ex-boys spirit.

It is in Lt Gen Amosun

no one is disputing that, those one are newly commissioned cos they want to continue with soldier work. hence their stupid behaviour which can only happen in 5th world country like Nigeria(zoo).
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by tiswell(m): 7:55pm On Nov 18, 2020
RosyIsBlessed:

Lol keep defending your own. We all know the activities of the army anywhere they are, so no point arguing it.
stop dwelling in speculations my lady
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by tutudesz: 8:07pm On Nov 18, 2020
Enwhen:

It is in Lt Gen Amosun

Those were NDA student and they were arrested and dismissed
Re: Do Military Men Go For NYSC? by linearity: 8:15pm On Nov 18, 2020
Enwhen:

Ex-boys doesn't partake in NYSC...

Those bloody civilians u met at the NYSC orientation camp only lied to you ... Or it is possible that after they finished at the NMS , they refused to work as a soldier cos it's optional , after NMS , if u don't want to be a soldier nobody will force u... But it is stated clearly in the NYSC site during registration for mobilisation that they aren't allow to partake in it... But this is Nigeria nothing is impossible. Mostly when it involves money.

Maybe it is comprehension problem? You just stated exactly what I stated and still felt am wrong?

NMS is a secondary school, secondary schools are not qualified to serve NYSC, so NMS was not been given a special exemption.

If after NMS, one enlist in the military, and then obtain a study leave to go to the University, after graduation, they will not be required to server and it is not because they were NMS graduates. It is because they are in the military, other military graduates like them who did not go to NMS but joined as recruits and obtain the same study leave will not serve as well.

However, if after NMS graduate one go to the University instead of enlisting, you will be required to serve.

What this boils down to is, the fact that you graduated from NMS does not have any bearing if you are required to get deployed to NYSC or not...what matters is if you serving or have served in the military or Police for I believe 9 months or so.....so mere graduating from NMS does not cut it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Sokoto Corper Dies Few Hours To His Passing Out Parade (Photos) / Kebbi State A'15 Let's Meet Here / Emeje Chinonye: Female Corper Dies In Borno State (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.