Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,296 members, 7,808,008 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:46 AM

A Brief History Of Modern Architecture And Design - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / A Brief History Of Modern Architecture And Design (3086 Views)

Soludo Constructing 17 Units Of Modern Commissioners Quarters In Awka (video&pic / The World's Best Architecture And Interior Designs Of 2021 ( Pics) / Architecture And Interior Design Services (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Brief History Of Modern Architecture And Design by Viktoreze(m): 1:08am On Jan 25, 2020
Modern architecture became a dominant architectural style after the Second World war, and remained at the top for several decades.

As with other modern movements in literature, art, and music, modern architecture is believed to come from the Enlightenment and new technological abilities developed out of the Industrial Revolution. Modernity is also read as a reaction to eclecticism and the lavish, detail-oriented styles of the Victorian era and later Art Nouveau. Early examples of modern architecture, like Paxton's Crystal Palace in London and Frank Lloyd Wright's Unity Temple in Chicago make use of these new construction materials, respectively iron and concrete.

The Bauhaus School, founded by Walter Gropius in 1919, was a leading voice in early modern styles.

The Bauhaus distanced itself from ornamentation and earlier ideas of "beauty", opting for rationalization

Form follows function" was an architectural battle cry by the 1930s, and although many modern buildings do feature lovely ornamentation, it was the goal of the modernists to shift the focal point of architecture from ornamentation and interior design to construction and form. While most modernists did not subscribe to Loos' idea that "ornamentation is crime,"they sought to replace the earlier stresses on interior design with feats of construction that were both functional and pleasing to the eye.

Frank Lloyd Wright is likely the most well-known modern architect, if not the most well-known general architect to world audiences. His aesthetic drive was the convergence of humanity and construction, especially apparent in the Prairie Houses of his early period.

While many other modernists wanted to shock and were drawn to the extremes as a presentation of their aesthetic, Wright preferred both likability and modernity. Some of Wright's most famous designs include the Chicago Robie House, Fallingwater in Pennsylvania, and the Guggenheim Museum in Manhattan. The Guggenheim was especially influential and controversial. Many modern artists, including Willem de Kooning, objected to the display of their works in an institution that would compete with the art itself. In this way, the design is questioning art at its most basic form: is art that which is hanging on the wall, or the wall itself?

Another pioneer of modern architecture was Mies Van der Rohe (1886-1969). His career was defined by the "less is more" ideology. He called his works "skin and bones" architecture, minimal in design and enhancing the feelings of open space and free flow. Like many architects of the Bauhaus in the 1930s, Mies fled the Nazi regime and settled in Chicago, where he designed the Farnsworth House and the Seagram Building, among many others.

The final spearhead of modernism was Le Corbusier, a Swiss/Frenchman who took on the challenge of sprawl and overpopulation in urban Paris. What began with housing blocks designed for Parisian slums turned in to entire city plans.

His goal with these citiy designs, which were not used for more than inspirational sources for other architects, were not only designs for buildings but an attempt to better the way of life of a world citizen. His designs were meant to inspire a better standard of living based on the industrial ideals brought about by Americans like Henry Ford, and increased political and social co-mingling. Though many criticize LeCorbusier's designs for urban living as further segregation of poor communities, his ideals are experiencing a resurgence in response to the growing environmental crisis.

Modern architecture is still very alive today, and has become a stronghold of American aesthetics and popular culture. While many buildings have succumbed to demolition in the 1970s, many more are being actively protected and revered for their historical impacts on art and society

Courtsey :wwwdotHeliumdotcom

Re: A Brief History Of Modern Architecture And Design by Viktoreze(m): 1:28am On Jan 25, 2020

Re: A Brief History Of Modern Architecture And Design by Viktoreze(m): 8:56pm On Jan 26, 2020
Real Estate is still the safest form of investment and every wise wealthy individual has some.
Re: A Brief History Of Modern Architecture And Design by Viktoreze(m): 2:19am On Jan 28, 2020
Real estate is an imperishable asset, ever increasing in value. It is the most solid security that human ingenuity has devised. It is the basis of all security and about the only indestructible security.”
-Russell Sage
Re: A Brief History Of Modern Architecture And Design by Viktoreze(m): 3:14am On Jan 29, 2020
“Every person who invests in well-selected real estate in a growing section of a prosperous community adopts the surest and safest method of becoming independent, for real estate is the basis of wealth.”
-Theodore Roosevelt
Re: A Brief History Of Modern Architecture And Design by Viktoreze(m): 4:22am On Feb 04, 2020
Everyone wants a piece of land. It’s the only sure investment. It can never depreciate like a car or a washing machine. Land will double its value in ten years or in less than that. Land is going up every day.” -SAM SHEPARD, Curse of the Starving Class
Re: A Brief History Of Modern Architecture And Design by Viktoreze(m): 1:09am On Feb 08, 2020
“The best investment on earth is earth.”
Re: A Brief History Of Modern Architecture And Design by Viktoreze(m): 8:06pm On Feb 14, 2020
I have always liked real estate; farm land, pasture land, timber land and city property. I have had experience with all of them. I guess I just naturally like ‘the good Earth,’ the foundation of all our wealth.”
-Jesse H. Jones,
Re: A Brief History Of Modern Architecture And Design by Viktoreze(m): 10:02am On Mar 02, 2020
“It’s tangible, it’s solid, it’s beautiful. It’s artistic, from my standpoint, and I just love real estate.” ~Donald Trump
Re: A Brief History Of Modern Architecture And Design by Viktoreze(m): 9:30pm On Mar 11, 2020
Real estate is an imperishable asset, ever increasing in value. It is the most solid security that human ingenuity has devised. It is the basis of all security and about the only indestructible security.”
-Russell Sage
Re: A Brief History Of Modern Architecture And Design by Viktoreze(m): 11:00pm On Mar 18, 2020
I have always liked real estate; farm land, pasture land, timber land and city property. I have had experience with all of them. I guess I just naturally like ‘the good Earth,’ the foundation of all our wealth.”
-Jesse H. Jones,
Re: A Brief History Of Modern Architecture And Design by Viktoreze(m): 11:03pm On Mar 27, 2020
Everyone wants a piece of land. It’s the only sure investment. It can never depreciate like a car or a washing machine. Land will double its value in ten years or in less than that. Land is going up every day.” -SAM SHEPARD, Curse of the Starving Class
Re: A Brief History Of Modern Architecture And Design by Viktoreze(m): 2:39am On Apr 10, 2020
“It’s tangible, it’s solid, it’s beautiful. It’s artistic, from my standpoint, and I just love real estate.” ~Donald Trump
Re: A Brief History Of Modern Architecture And Design by Viktoreze(m): 8:19pm On Apr 26, 2020
Our competitive advantage is derived from our track record of prompt and efficient service delivery coupled with integrity, excellence and professionalism in dealing with all our clientele
Re: A Brief History Of Modern Architecture And Design by Viktoreze(m): 10:11am On May 01, 2020
Land monopoly is not only monopoly, but it is by far the greatest of monopolies; it is a perpetual monopoly, and it is the mother of all other forms of monopoly.”
-Winston Churchill
Re: A Brief History Of Modern Architecture And Design by Viktoreze(m): 7:56pm On May 07, 2020
“Every person who invests in well-selected real estate in a growing section of a prosperous community adopts the surest and safest method of becoming independent, for real estate is the basis of wealth.”
-Theodore Roosevelt
Re: A Brief History Of Modern Architecture And Design by ArcToyin(m): 8:35pm On May 07, 2020
You took me down memory lane. History of Architecture.
Re: A Brief History Of Modern Architecture And Design by Viktoreze(m): 8:24pm On May 14, 2020
Real estate investing, even on a very small scale, remains a tried and true means of building an individual's cash flow and wealth"
~Robert Kiyosaki
Re: A Brief History Of Modern Architecture And Design by Viktoreze(m): 11:12pm On May 19, 2020
-Theodore Roosevelt
Re: A Brief History Of Modern Architecture And Design by Viktoreze(m): 10:04am On May 26, 2020
Real estate investing, even on a very small scale, remains a tried and true means of building an individual's cash flow and wealth"
~Robert Kiyosaki
Re: A Brief History Of Modern Architecture And Design by Viktoreze(m): 7:21am On Jun 01, 2020
Re: A Brief History Of Modern Architecture And Design by Viktoreze(m): 5:46pm On Jun 05, 2020
~Robert Kiyosaki
Re: A Brief History Of Modern Architecture And Design by Viktoreze(m): 11:18pm On Jun 18, 2020
-Theodore Roosevelt
Re: A Brief History Of Modern Architecture And Design by Viktoreze(m): 5:24am On Jun 24, 2020
Re: A Brief History Of Modern Architecture And Design by Viktoreze(m): 11:43pm On Jul 07, 2020
“It’s tangible, it’s solid, it’s beautiful. It’s artistic, from my standpoint, and I just love real estate.” ~Donald Trump.
Re: A Brief History Of Modern Architecture And Design by Viktoreze(m): 3:23am On Aug 12, 2020
Remain blessed
Re: A Brief History Of Modern Architecture And Design by Viktoreze(m): 11:26pm On Aug 18, 2020
~Robert Kiyosaki
Re: A Brief History Of Modern Architecture And Design by Viktoreze(m): 12:43am On Sep 06, 2020
All that you do in this new month shall be productive and successful. I want you to know that every challenge/trial/temptation that comes your way in this month will not impede your progress but serve as a stepping stone to greater heights. You will soar above every failure and disappointment, in this new month you shall experience joy unfathomable and divine peace.

I wish you a Happy and Blessed New Month�
Re: A Brief History Of Modern Architecture And Design by Viktoreze(m): 12:52am On Sep 15, 2020
“If you don’t own a home, buy one. If you own a home, buy another one. If you own two homes, buy a third. And, lend your relatives the money to buy a home.”
John Paulson, investor and multi-billionaire
Re: A Brief History Of Modern Architecture And Design by Viktoreze(m): 12:28am On Oct 02, 2020
May the Lord strengthen you to walk through the valleys of this month with grace. May He grant you the courage to shoulder your responsibilities with candour and enjoy the blessings with humility. May the Lord who knows the end from the beginning make every crooked way smooth for you and May he bestow upon you the divine peace and wisdom which will enable you to smile through the trials for they are not "problems" as the rest of the world thinks but stepping stones to the exalted position that the Almighty has prepared for you.

I wish you a Happy New month, remain blessed.
Re: A Brief History Of Modern Architecture And Design by Viktoreze(m): 11:06am On Oct 12, 2020
“If you don’t own a home, buy one. If you own a home, buy another one. If you own two homes, buy a third. And, lend your relatives the money to buy a home.”
John Paulson, investor and multi-billionaire
Re: A Brief History Of Modern Architecture And Design by Viktoreze(m): 2:01am On Oct 20, 2020
~Robert Kiyosaki

NAME: BEACH HAVEN ESTATE

LOCATION: LAPIA TOWN BY LACAMPGE TROPICANA, LEKKI FREE TRADE ZONE, IBEJU-LEKKI, LAGOS STATE.

● DOUBLE ADVANTAGES : FACING THE ATLANTIC OCEAN & FACING THE COASTAL ROAD

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TXoZ8bKVv8

● FULL EXCISION. Which confirms that it is irrevocably free from government acquisition.

● PRICE: N3.8M/PLOT (PROMO PRICE FOR FIRST 10 PLOTS ONLY).
( ACTUAL PRICE N4.5M )

● PAYMENT PLAN
▪OUTRIGHT N3.8M
▪6 MONTHS: N4.2M
▪12 MONTHS: N4.6M

● PLOT SIZES: 600SQM, 450SQM AND 300SQM.

● DRY LAND

● NEIGHBORHOOD:
■ LACAMPGE TROPICANA RESORT.
■ LAGOS DUBAI MEGA CITY
■ TECHNICAL VILLAGE
■ LEKKI FREE TRADE ZONE
■ DANGOTE REFINERY
■ PETROL CHEMICAL
■ DEEP SEA PORT

● FEATURES:
■ SMART BEACH RESORT
■ PERIMETER FENCING
■ SMART CLUBHOUSE
■ SMART TENNIS COURT
■ SMART HANDBALL COURT
■ SMART SECURITY SYSTEMS

KINDLY call/Whatsapp Victor Eze on 08158961762 for more detailed inquiries, site inspection and a breakdown of purchase processes. Remain blessed smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Suceed In Real Estate Lagos.connect On Whatsapp Messanger Now. / Masters Class 5 Bedroom Duplex In Nicon Town Estate / EBANO Supermarket Lekki Branch On Fire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.