Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,497 members, 7,781,494 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:30 PM

Coronavirus: Oil Price Fall Below $60 - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Coronavirus: Oil Price Fall Below $60 (18161 Views)

Jumia Shares Fall Below IPO Price On New York Stock Exchange / Crude Oil Alert! International Monetary Fund Predicts Further Price Fall. / Oil Price Inches Towards $70, 44% Above Benchmark (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Coronavirus: Oil Price Fall Below $60 by VenusEAGLE: 6:04am On Jan 25, 2020
Dozie32:
For All my fellow nairalanders, I pray that God continues to bless United State of America.. Amen!

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Oil Price Fall Below $60 by RexEmmyGee: 6:05am On Jan 25, 2020
Its their plan. Economy will be affected. Am sure this virus came from the lab
Re: Coronavirus: Oil Price Fall Below $60 by suzzyboss(m): 6:05am On Jan 25, 2020
Corolla virus
Re: Coronavirus: Oil Price Fall Below $60 by InfernoNig: 6:06am On Jan 25, 2020
manneger2:

Some people don't know anything, we are talking of price of oil all over the world fall, u are saying Asia is our biggest customer as if the price that fall is Nigeria oil price,

I hear you
Re: Coronavirus: Oil Price Fall Below $60 by suzzyboss(m): 6:07am On Jan 25, 2020
[quote author=VenusEAGLE post=86086503][/quote]
I feel like laying down and slapping you
Re: Coronavirus: Oil Price Fall Below $60 by 4four(m): 6:10am On Jan 25, 2020
Please ooo, make it go up back, na we average Nigerians go suffer it pass oo, this government go transfer everything on us by taxing remaining life out of us
Re: Coronavirus: Oil Price Fall Below $60 by pbethel: 6:15am On Jan 25, 2020
We shall overcome
Re: Coronavirus: Oil Price Fall Below $60 by darediamond(m): 6:22am On Jan 25, 2020
odave:
They have invented another virus! It could be a result of medical research gone wrong or deliberate one

I pray it doesn't enter Africa (Nigeria) coz my worry isn't about oil price but effect on humans and how to control and contain it.

Afterall, when oil price was over $100 per barrel we didn't see the effect. A drop in price would mean less money to embezzle.

Infact, it is delibrate!

If you read the One World Government Action Plans Documents, you would be SHOCKED to know that the Olympians are after reducing world population. Africa is there most HATED continent. If you are an African, RUN AWAY FROM ANY FOREIGN N.G.O in your country especially if they operate any form of LAB!!!!!

I WISH I AM GONE BEFORE THEY OVERRUN US WITH THERE SUPER DEADLY ALREADY PREPARED SERIES OF VIRUS!!

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Oil Price Fall Below $60 by ignis: 6:28am On Jan 25, 2020
Please how does this affect the common man?
Re: Coronavirus: Oil Price Fall Below $60 by allthingsgood: 6:28am On Jan 25, 2020
[s]
GidiWoodsMan:

It's the structure of the Nigerian state/society. head or tail, the ordinary citizen loses.

If crude oil price is high, subsidy costs are high so pump price has to be increased. If the price of crude goes down, receipts from sales go down too and government struggles to fund their dubious budget via increased taxes on the citizens...

In Nigeria, political office holders, their business proxies (Dangote, etc) and civil servants are more or less feeding on the flesh of the regular citizens
[/s]

99% of this trash u wrote is exactly that, trash.
Civil servant earning pittance are now the ones feeding on your flesh Smh

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Oil Price Fall Below $60 by samsard(m): 6:29am On Jan 25, 2020
whirlwind7:

We'd really cry?

Seem like you're part of govt that benefits from crude oil sales, and not the masses. Your "we" in this case, I'm sure, isn't referring to the poor folks in the country that successive govt had taken turns to anally rape.
Majority (including me) don't care if oil plummets to $1 per barrel. Actually, I pray for that scenario.
You're very very very SHORTSIGHTED. Do you think that the price of crude has no bearing on the average person? Seriously? You go school so.
This whole world is an interconnected system.
Re: Coronavirus: Oil Price Fall Below $60 by dayleke: 6:37am On Jan 25, 2020
Wahala dey o.
Re: Coronavirus: Oil Price Fall Below $60 by mu2sa2: 6:40am On Jan 25, 2020
Dozie32:
For All my fellow nairalanders, I pray that God continues to bless United State of America.. Amen!
This won't fetch you a visa, sha you know.
Re: Coronavirus: Oil Price Fall Below $60 by pacespot(m): 6:59am On Jan 25, 2020
Nigerians often shriver on hearing the price of crude oil will drop or has dropped. Hope this coronavirus doesn't become a global epidemic soon. Same China recently developed a nuclear fussion tagged "artificial sun" which by the time it is put into full operation will open a new chapter in the world's energy supply, with endless untapped resources.
Re: Coronavirus: Oil Price Fall Below $60 by whirlwind7(m): 7:15am On Jan 25, 2020
samsard:
You're very very very SHORTSIGHTED. Do you think that the price of crude has no bearing on the average person? Seriously? You go school so.
This whole world is an interconnected system.

You are very very very DELUSIONAL grin
Of course oil price has impacts on everyone. But in Nigeria, it isn't the way it happens with other oil producing countries.
In the early 90s, IBB and his buccaneers said that the problem of the country isn't money, but how to spend the money.
This was from the aftermath of the gulf war when oil price went sky high and hit record market value. So, ask your parents how that oil boom era improved their wellbeing.
I'm waiting for their feedback.

Teach me more about how the world is an interconnected system, for I am totally ignorant undecided
If your country were not living in disconnect, it would have joined other oil blocks to implement policies and infrastructures accruing from the oil boom.
But your politicians are the sole benefits of oil sales, and you expect me to join you to hope that the price will remain high, so they can line their pockets with more loot? You dey mental?

In this country, you guys will learn by force.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Coronavirus: Oil Price Fall Below $60 by samsard(m): 7:27am On Jan 25, 2020
whirlwind7:

You are very very very DELUSIONAL grin
Of course oil price has impacts on everyone. But in Nigeria, it isn't the way it happens with other oil producing countries.
In the early 90s, IBB and his buccaneers said that the problem of the country isn't money, but how to spend the money.
This was from the aftermath of the gulf war when oil price went sky high and hit record market value. So, ask your parents how that oil boom era improved their wellbeing.
I'm waiting for their feedback.

Teach me more about how the world is an interconnected system, for I am totally ignorant undecided
If your country were not living in disconnect, it would have joined other oil blocks to implement policies and infrastructures accruing from the oil boom.
But your politicians are the sole benefits of oil sales, and you expect me to join you to hope that the price will remain high, so they can line their pockets with more loot? You dey mental?

In this country, you guys will learn by force.
You're just ignorant. And educated person who thinks global oil price doesn't affect average people. *Spits*
Re: Coronavirus: Oil Price Fall Below $60 by MrHeff(m): 7:47am On Jan 25, 2020
Dreyl:
Things are really getting out of hand, in few years to come, this same oil will be valueless, I pray the economy of Nigeria wouldn't sink by then.
well the silver lining is that the north wouldn't be adamant any longer to split/restructure when there is no longer any free oil money from the south.
Re: Coronavirus: Oil Price Fall Below $60 by Gabson006: 7:48am On Jan 25, 2020
Lemme get Agent Jack Bauer on the line
Re: Coronavirus: Oil Price Fall Below $60 by kaywhy09(m): 7:57am On Jan 25, 2020
Re: Coronavirus: Oil Price Fall Below $60 by DAVE5(m): 8:20am On Jan 25, 2020
wink2015:
NORTHERN NIGERIA GO AND FACE AGRICULTURE.

YOU HAVE THE VAST LAND IN ABUNDANCE

The vastness of the land available up north can not be overemphasized at all

Sometimes 2 - 4 hours drive with nothing occupying the wide expanse of land which in my head I usually convert to farm and see the yield to the entire populace but what can I do, I no get money buy 1 plot currently
Re: Coronavirus: Oil Price Fall Below $60 by Nobody: 8:29am On Jan 25, 2020
allthingsgood:
[s][/s]

99% of this trash u wrote is exactly that, trash.
Civil servant earning pittance are now the ones feeding on your flesh Smh

fool, try getting anything done through official channels and see how much you pay in bribes.

compound fool

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Oil Price Fall Below $60 by DAVE5(m): 8:32am On Jan 25, 2020
Esseite:
Please let's not just resort to prayers like our normal tradition.. let's put in work aswell.

So many people would not appreciate this your comment but that "work" part is what we need to improve the most in this country

Even Bible say there's time for everything, but plenty Nigerians have channeled their available time to prayers alone expecting miracles when they could have put in work and achieved results and be doing thanksgivings

We have refused to learn!!!

1 Like

Re: Coronavirus: Oil Price Fall Below $60 by Nobody: 11:55am On Jan 25, 2020
VenusEAGLE:
I believe Nigeria has a future beyond oil
Wake up friend!!!
Until Nigeria starts focusing on Education and Research rather than Corruption and Religion, then we can unlock our potential
Re: Coronavirus: Oil Price Fall Below $60 by budaatum: 1:46pm On Jan 25, 2020
whirlwind7:

We'd really cry?

Seem like you're part of govt that benefits from crude oil sales, and not the masses. Your "we" in this case, I'm sure, isn't referring to the poor folks in the country that successive govt had taken turns to anally rape.
Majority (including me) don't care if oil plummets to $1 per barrel. Actually, I pray for that scenario.
Many Nigerians do already cry (wailers, I call them, and lazy fuqs), at $60 a barrel. They fail to accept that the hardship under bubu is due to the drop sub $100 in 2014.

At $1, Nigeria will be at war, and I doubt even you wouldn't be affected by that. It sure will affect the poor masses more than those who directly benefit from crude oil sales.

Re: Coronavirus: Oil Price Fall Below $60 by Horus(m): 2:45pm On Jan 25, 2020

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W-MA5x3pOEg

Nigeria on high alert over Coronavirus

Nigeria's government has placed all the country's points of entry on high alert in a bid to prevent the spread of the Coronavirus even as the disease spreads further beyond China. Authorities in Nigeria says there is no cause for alarm as efforts are in place to handle the risk of the disease
Re: Coronavirus: Oil Price Fall Below $60 by haryomikun(m): 5:24pm On Jan 25, 2020
whirlwind7:

We'd really cry?

I care baba. If oil falls to $1 Nigeria will just die because we have no backup plan rara
Re: Coronavirus: Oil Price Fall Below $60 by EXOUSIAng: 10:03am On Jan 26, 2020
The Foreign Exchange market is already messed up.... All this is making it worse...
Re: Coronavirus: Oil Price Fall Below $60 by EXOUSIAng: 10:03am On Jan 26, 2020
The Foreign Exchange market is already messed up.... All this is making it worse...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Woolsworth Set To Exit Nigeria. / How To Earn Daily Cashbacks On Opay In Less Than 5 Minutes / Job Losses, Factory Closures Loom As Unsold Goods Pile Up — MAN

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.