Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,858 members, 7,802,751 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:47 PM

My Partner Takes PREP, Does It Mean They Are Cheating On Me? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / My Partner Takes PREP, Does It Mean They Are Cheating On Me? (495 Views)

Zambian Man Commits Suicide Over Wife's Cheating / Now I Know Why Cheating Married People Don't Like Condom / Can Watery Eyes Mean Cancer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Partner Takes PREP, Does It Mean They Are Cheating On Me? by Creativedan: 4:43am On Jan 25, 2020
Some one called me and we were talking, actually she was complaining about her boyfriend to me and she asked me the above question, I have her my honest opinion, what I thought about the whole situation.

I decided to share the story with you people and also publicly airing my opinion.

Disclaimer: it should however be clear that opinions expressed here are strictly mine, you can send in your views on this topic via comment section

WHAT IS PREP?

PREP means Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis, this is the use of anti- HIV medications, to keep HIV negative from contracting the disease, in other words, people who are HIV negative take this drugs everyday, in other not to be infected.

PREP is claimed to be highly effective and safe.
Please be informed that, PREP only has power to prevent HIV negative person from contracting the infection, it does not protect your body from getting infected with any other type of sexually transmitted diseases, someone who takes PREP can contract staphylococcus if they sleep with an infected person.

In my opinion, why would a person who claims to be sexually faithful to one partner decide to take PREP every single day? I personally see as one who takes PREP as Flirt, with an intention of sleeping around, look, if you are in a relationship with some one who you trust and know they don’t have different sexual partners, why should you take PREP?

Honestly, if you are in a relationship with me and you take PREP, I will take it that you are cheating on me, therefore, taking PREP to fortify your body against the contraction of HIV.

MY JUDGEMENT:

A relationship that is devoid of cheating, in which the two parties are completely faithful to each other sexually, none of the parties involved is HIV positive, doesn’t need either of the lovers to take PREP. If your lover is taking PREP, then you need to watch him closely, it is like one who is going for war, you know what you are going for, so getting some weapon to protect yourself becomes a priority, a partner who is going to cheat knows that they will, so they look for different methods to protect themselves.

CONCLUSION:

PREP is an anti-HIV medication that prevents a negative person from contracting the virus.

If one is in an exclusive relationship and none of the parties have the virus already, the practice of PREP might not be important.

Source: www.jagaban.ng

https://jagaban.ng/story.php?category=Events&id=402

Re: My Partner Takes PREP, Does It Mean They Are Cheating On Me? by money121(m): 5:10am On Jan 25, 2020
No
Re: My Partner Takes PREP, Does It Mean They Are Cheating On Me? by setobaba: 5:32am On Jan 25, 2020
So if I take this now I can sleep with any person with HIV without protection and still be safe?
Babanla risk
Re: My Partner Takes PREP, Does It Mean They Are Cheating On Me? by MendeZ(m): 11:34am On Jan 25, 2020
Wonderful

(1) (Reply)

Traditional Chinese Medicine Effective In Coronavirus Treatment - Official / Newsitalian Man “cab Driver” Escaped And Demands 100m, Or He Would Make It Viral / Coronavirus League Table: Italy And Spain Battle For Second Place

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.